bananike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question lower back fat + I'm underweight?

Hey guys!
    I have a question regarding upper butt fat. I really want to get rid off it. However, my BMI is 18 and the BF% is 15. I'm currently doing weights to build my lower legs/butt area. I do not want to do any cardio because i am underweight already. Is there anything else i could do? Im a female 173 cm tall and 53 kg.

Any advice will be appreciated i feel so frustrated

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    5' 7", 117lbs for those wondering.

A 117lb female wondering if she has too much fat on her glutes and lower back?

You can't spot reduce fat. Since your are underweight, your best bet would be to start gaining weight while weight training so that you gain muscle. Do proper weight training that involves your lower back and glutes which means doing things like deadlift, stiff-leg deadlift, and squat. Then, after you gain some weight, go through a fat loss phase and your problems will be solved.

Gain weight.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler

alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alobri3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nothing is mentioned about the diet. If you want to lose weight -eat a ta deficit. Period. Can't spot reduce fat, have to lower total body fat %. Everyone has areas where their body stores fat the most, these will be the last to go. Before you decide to lose weight, make sure you have "some" muscle mass - otherwise you will look anorexic and sick, rather then "good". Judging by your stats, you may not have enough muscle mass.

Start squatting and often. Do deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, sumo deadlifts. Build up some muscle in your glutes and legs, then diet.

Originally Posted by Caezar07 View Post
    5' 7", 117lbs for those wondering.

A 117lb female wondering if she has too much fat on her glutes and lower back?

You can't spot reduce fat. Since your are underweight, your best bet would be to start gaining weight while weight training so that you gain muscle. Do proper weight training that involves your lower back and glutes which means doing things like deadlift, stiff-leg deadlift, and squat. Then, after you gain some weight, go through a fat loss phase and your problems will be solved.

Gain weight.

Thanks for your reply! the problem is I have lack of motivation these days. I try to go gym but only once a week and I usually do squats dead lift with weights. I usually do 3 exercises per workout and eat straight after. Im thinking I'm not doing it right because i do not see a lot of improvement

Originally Posted by alobri3 View Post
    Nothing is mentioned about the diet. If you want to lose weight -eat a ta deficit. Period. Can't spot reduce fat, have to lower total body fat %. Everyone has areas where their body stores fat the most, these will be the last to go. Before you decide to lose weight, make sure you have "some" muscle mass - otherwise you will look anorexic and sick, rather then "good". Judging by your stats, you may not have enough muscle mass.

Start squatting and often. Do deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, sumo deadlifts. Build up some muscle in your glutes and legs, then diet.

Hey there i eat a lot of carbs and some protein. I also have protein shakes after work out. However, as I mentioned in the other reply I do not see any improvement. I even lost some weight recently. Im guessing not eating enough. About to make some eggs and bacon roll lol.

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bananike View Post
    Thanks for your reply! the problem is I have lack of motivation these days. I try to go gym but only once a week and I usually do squats dead lift with weights. I usually do 3 exercises per workout and eat straight after. Im thinking I'm not doing it right because i do not see a lot of improvement
    You need to be going to the gym at least 3x per week. 1 day per week in the gym will do just about nothing for you, especially if your diet isn't on point.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you lack the motivation then no one here can help you. You have to help yourself.
    "In order to be scientific you have to fight really hard
    against the tendency and the temptation to adopt an
    unshakeable belief system" - Alan Aragon

Originally Posted by Caezar07 View Post
    You need to be going to the gym at least 3x per week. 1 day per week in the gym will do just about nothing for you, especially if your diet isn't on point.
    I will keep that in mind. Trying to work around work and uni. Thanks anyway so in your opinion i should gain weight then lose it and build muscle?
    Another quick question, what do you usually have for dinner/lunch?
    Last edited by bananike; 03-08-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    If you lack the motivation then no one here can help you. You have to help yourself.
    Wise advice

anonymous
    I will keep that in mind. Trying to work around work and uni. Thanks anyway so in your opinion i should gain weight then lose it and build muscle?

it doesn't matter what you're eating

only the calories matter

so in your opinion i should gain weight then lose it and build muscle?
    Gain weight while lifting weights 3x/week. This will help add a bit of muscle so that when you eventually lose fat, it will leave the places you don't want it to be, and you'll keep curves elsewhere. If you've ever seen women straight as a ruler and super skinny but still with love handles, that's an example of what happens when you don't weight train.

I eat food that I like, you should do the same. Ideally, you'd be tracking calories while gaining or losing weight. Whole foods are ideal, especially when going through a weight loss/fat loss stage because they're more filling.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.