Ultra9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ultra9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ultra9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Intermittent fasting - Can you skip dinner instead of breakfast?

Hi. Im trying to get a bit leaner and im just wondering if skipping dinner for intermittent fasting is as effective as skipping breakfast. Thanks.

Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in my opinion intermediate fasting has no benefits that eating through the whole day does. It works for some people because they get more satisfaction of eating 2 giants meals over eating smaller meal through out the day and people will stick to what they enjoy.

So if intermediate fasting works for you yes you can skip dinner over breakfast still comes down to calories in vs calories out.

Originally Posted by Ultra9 View Post
    Hi. Im trying to get a bit leaner and im just wondering if skipping dinner for intermittent fasting is as effective as skipping breakfast. Thanks.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Intermittent fasting offers no benefits, eat whenever you want.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jai23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What so your saying kinobody and lean gains is some kind scam ????? lol

I tried to for 3 days and hated every minute of it. Its a waste of time.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jai23 View Post
    What so your saying kinobody and lean gains is some kind scam ????? lol

I tried to for 3 days and hated every minute of it. Its a waste of time.
    For the uninformed, intermittent fasting IS a scam and a product by trainers/coaches.

There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You guys are misinterpreting intermittent fasting and creating a strawman argument. Neither Martin Berkhan or Greg O'Gallagher specifically say that from a calories in, calories out standpoint, intermittent fasting will cause more fat loss than eating throughout the day. Please read the previous sentence again and let it sink in for a second before you start attacking IF.

The cortisol awakening effect is real, and while at lower body fat levels (<14% bf) most people are more insulin sensitive, and eating carbs in the morning can cause a sharp drop in blood sugar, causing the 10 o'clock food cravings where you're counting the seconds until lunch. Subsequently, in my opinion, IF is a dieting tool that should be tried by people who currently eat breakfast, are fairly lean, are cutting, and get these cravings in the late morning/early afternoon. Skipping breakfast entirely is a great appetite suppressant in these cases. It is for this reason that I'd hypothesize that IF would not be as useful of a tool for people who plan on skipping dinner.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For the uninformed, intermittent fasting IS a scam and a product by trainers/coaches.

Jason's analysis are usually spot on, but as much as I hate pretty boy Greg, this guy is def natty. He's not that big, and the pictures Jason posted are when he has a pump. No, his clients don't have the progress that he does, but obviously his clients haven't been training as long as he has. Those are probably before/after from a 12 week program or something. Why the hell would he compare his 10+ years of training to his 12 week program clients???
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I disagree, I've being using intermittent fasting for close to 5 weeks now and lost up to 13lbs, with strength gains, and minimal muscle lost, 6 hour window, doesn't matter if it is between 2am and 8am or 3pm and 9pm, eat your window when you want to. It is just a tool to manage your calories/macros more efficiently (in my opinion). I can't imagine trying to stress all day to get my macros/calories. 6 hours and all my nutrition is sorted. Effective and simple.

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    I disagree, I've being using intermittent fasting for close to 5 weeks now and lost up to 13lbs, with strength gains, and minimal muscle lost, 6 hour window, doesn't matter if it is between 2am and 8am or 3pm and 9pm, eat your window when you want to. It is just a tool to manage your calories/macros more efficiently (in my opinion). I can't imagine trying to stress all day to get my macros/calories. 6 hours and all my nutrition is sorted. Effective and simple.
    Its not about the compliance or satiety aspect, ive been saying this for years, but people believe in their minds that it somehow burns like 50% more fat, the only reason they lose fat when they do it is because they are so weak that they believed the one thing that they changed that allowed them to adhere to a deficit was the thing that made them lose fat. In their mind it "works".

Ive been IFing for 5+ years, it didnt do anything for me.

IF only exists because someone made up eating 6 times a day a thing, which also holds no merit.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ultra9 View Post
    That's fine. It all comes down to how many calories you take in on a weekly basis.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Caezar07 View Post
    You guys are misinterpreting intermittent fasting and creating a strawman argument. Neither Martin Berkhan or Greg O'Gallagher specifically say that from a calories in, calories out standpoint, intermittent fasting will cause more fat loss than eating throughout the day. Please read the previous sentence again and let it sink in for a second before you start attacking IF.

The cortisol awakening effect is real, and while at lower body fat levels (<14% bf) most people are more insulin sensitive, and eating carbs in the morning can cause a sharp drop in blood sugar, causing the 10 o'clock food cravings where you're counting the seconds until lunch. Subsequently, in my opinion, IF is a dieting tool that should be tried by people who currently eat breakfast, are fairly lean, are cutting, and get these cravings in the late morning/early afternoon. Skipping breakfast entirely is a great appetite suppressant in these cases. It is for this reason that I'd hypothesize that IF would not be as useful of a tool for people who plan on skipping dinner.
    It has nothing to do with anything, the issue is people believe that IF ITSELF, causes fat loss.

anonymous

Originally Posted by Mrlooker View Post
    Fasting has major benefits on the body

One of them is extra fat loss
    False info like this is what causes people to deny IF and call it a fad or false hope. The actual and very real benefits of IF are appetite suppression, and satiety. It does not cause additional fat loss, it makes sticking to a fat loss diet easier, which is what most people's struggle with fat loss actually is.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrlooker View Post
    Fasting has major benefits on the body

One of them is extra fat loss

Please explain
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its not about the compliance or satiety aspect, ive been saying this for years, but people believe in their minds that it somehow burns like 50% more fat, the only reason they lose fat when they do it is because they are so weak that they believed the one thing that they changed that allowed them to adhere to a deficit was the thing that made them lose fat. In their mind it "works".

Ive been IFing for 5+ years, it didnt do anything for me.

IF only exists because someone made up eating 6 times a day a thing, which also holds no merit.
    I love eating all my food in a small period of time. I was under no delusion that I would lose fat faster. Some times the things I hear on here blow my mind, like getting abs at birth for instance. Deficit is a deficit.

AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlSwearengens is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To me IF is a matter of personal preference. I prefer to enjoy larger meals, and when I'm cutting as I currently am, IF helps me maintain a caloric deficit while concurrently achieving satiety.
    Ain't no sunshine when she's gone..

Originally Posted by AlSwearengens View Post
    To me IF is a matter of personal preference. I prefer to enjoy larger meals, and when I'm cutting as I currently am, IF helps me maintain a caloric deficit while concurrently achieving satiety.
    Yeah I can't imagine doing IF while bulking lol