Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2136

Thread: Laser Focus

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So nice too see you hit up the weights again. Looks like you are rockin it too.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    The 25 year cold college wrestler/BJJ guy and I were just going at it like wrestlers mostly we were pretty evenly matched other than stamina. He got me in a rear naked I think, he had one arm and my head from behind. He shot a double, I sprawled and caught a guillotine on him but he was fast AF, and before I could crank on some controlled pressure he managed to duck under and ended up behind me. I wasn’t getting blurred vision or anything, but I wasn’t getting out of it either.

Yea one of the black belt guys was in his 50s and a little out of shape looking, but he was just handling people like nothing. He would just go to bottom guard and be lazy letting people wear themselves out then he’d wait for them to make a mistake and it would be over, just like that. Really neat to see that. I need more of that, that’s Jujitsu in general if any style whether BJJ, DZR etc etc, it’s just being efficient and effective. He didn’t waste an ounce of energy “wrestling” with guys likely much stronger, he’d just kick back and relax for 4-5 minutes, let people make a mistake, work a move and it would be done. Very technical and relaxed, looked like he could have taken a nap down there lol. I noticed you looked a lot more relaxed in your last vids I saw. I wondered how matches could go that long, but that kind of rolling is different than wrestling which is usually 6 minutes of all out effort. Going to try to get there on Sunday ps and bring my own gi . Pulled a little muscle in my side working a throw. Old people problems also didn’t have my knee sleeves since I wasn’t planning to be on the mat and my right knee is a little tender.
    I think that's right--wrestling is very different from BJJ, much more intense. I think it's probably(?) close to judo in its emphasis on standing work and throws/takedowns. BJJ is about conserving energy. When I first came into the sport I would go way too hard, to the point that a black belt instructor told me that my attitude would be better suited to wrestling. Also, at least part of why I've become more relaxed in my rolling is the knee issue. My top game has been on the back burner and I've been working on my guard for awhile. I expect when I come back I'll adjust to include more time spent playing top again. I hope your knee is ok. I'm glad the sleeves really do help protect things that much, though--I can't wait to see what difference they make for me.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Solid looking leg day! Looks like you're keeping busy with lifting and swimming while you're away from BJJ.

Heehee! Good news on the knee, hope it's back in action soon. Any time I'm injured I get extremely impatient and gotta "test" the injury all the time, "crap, that still hurts," 5 minutes later test it again, "OMFG why does this still hurt, arrgghhhh it's not getting better, call the paramedics!"
    Ahahaha Hammy I'm exactly the same way. I keep gently touching that part of the knee during the day. Good news is it really is getting better! I also ordered by leg brace yesterday so it'll be here for my return to BJJ. And today I asked my trainer why the split is set up like it is, and he explained that he likes to train separate muscle groups on separate days so that the muscle isn't pre-fatigued for the exercise (because chest exercises also use triceps, so training triceps that day would mean training them pre-fatigued). He prefers to continue some emphasis on power work by leaving them somewhat fresh. I see the rationale so your brain will have to remain broken looking at my workouts.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    So nice too see you hit up the weights again. Looks like you are rockin it too.
    I do really enjoy lifting, just not as much as I do BJJ... luckily I'm back to that soon enough. The main thing I dislike about lifting is the social atmosphere of the gym. So many awkward people avoiding eye contact, or staring at you WITHOUT eye contact, and no nice friendly hugs. What I truly miss about BJJ is all the hugging. And the strangling. And the athleticism--doing a movement for a purpose suits me so much more than doing a movement just to build muscle, though obviously I appreciate getting stronger, too.

Yesterday I just did PT exercises for an hour, and today I lifted with the trainer, which also included a heavy emphasis on balance/small muscles. I need that, as for whatever reason I struggle with hip and core stability.

2/25--PT Exercises
    Single leg med ball twist 3kg on upside down bosu 2 x :30 each leg

Side walk w band around foot arch x 3

Step downs 3 x 10

Single leg squat to parallel 3 x 8

Side plank leg raise 3 x 10 each side

Banded wall sit 3 x 1 min

Headstand :45

2/26--Full Body Day

Side to side oblique swings 3 x 10 @ 10, 25, 25
    Haloes on upside down bosu 3 x 10 each way @ 10, 25, 25

Quadraped balance on Swiss ball 3 x 1 min

Power snatch tempos 45lb 5 x 5
    Headstand 3 x :30
    High pull 95lb 4 x 3
    Yoga balance on upside down bosu 2 x 3 each side (knee up then leg straight back and airplane arms)

Pause deadlift 125 x 4, 135 3 x 4
    Band-assisted pullup x 5, 10, 10

Wrestler's pushup* 2 x 10
    Rollouts 2 x 15
    Navy pushups(???)** 2 x 10

*Pushups from a bridge, so upside down pushups, basically.
    **Hard to explain... you start on hands and knees but then lift your knees up. Then, with knees still bent, go through the yoga pushup series pressing forward and down until your chest goes down between your hands, and then come back up the same way, sliding your chest down and backwards, then up again, always while keeping knees bent and off the floor. These are REALLY HARD. I have no idea what they're actually called. Next time I'll try to film them.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Ahahaha Hammy I'm exactly the same way. I keep gently touching that part of the knee during the day. Good news is it really is getting better! I also ordered by leg brace yesterday so it'll be here for my return to BJJ. And today I asked my trainer why the split is set up like it is, and he explained that he likes to train separate muscle groups on separate days so that the muscle isn't pre-fatigued for the exercise (because chest exercises also use triceps, so training triceps that day would mean training them pre-fatigued). He prefers to continue some emphasis on power work by leaving them somewhat fresh. I see the rationale so your brain will have to remain broken looking at my workouts.
    Ok, I can see where he's going with that one, fair enough. I've always tried to keep things far apart, like a bench press day a day or two after working triceps would kill my bench I think, or I'd get injured. I'm hesitant to even do a shoulder day two days after bench day, srs, feel like I need at least two non-pressing days in between to recover. We have different programs though, seems like you are doing more of a bodybuilder workout to improve strength and stamina instead of a chit ton of singles and doubles near max. Yes indeed, brain will remain broken, it's too far gone to be fixed at this point.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It looks like BB.com doesn't allow me to copy + paste workouts in here anymore, which... what? Huh?

Anyway... I'll catch up quickly: Wednesday I did just PT and a short run, Thursday I went nuts and did shoulders + abs PLUS an hour swim (2650 yards, or 1.51 miles), and today I was incredibly drained-feeling but still did a back workout same as I've posted above, just with slightly lighter weight and more focus on form, plus of course my PT exercises.

I'm so bored of PT exercises.

Also, even though I ate about 2500 cals yesterday to try to keep up with the swim and lift, I don't think it was enough. I'm so exhausted and logy/weak/headachy today. Blah.
    Last edited by shesprints; 03-01-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck with the PT. It can be hard to get through but in the end helpful. Should have done more of the exercises when I'd injured my back at 20, maybe would have had less issues with the arthritis developing, hard to say for sure with hindsight. Still, PT is there for a reason. Once you make it through back to the fun stuff.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) EAT MOAR!
    2) PT can be extremely valuable. Was stuck with it one time for like 6 months, it sucked!! But I learned a lot of chit I still use to this day and sneakily listened to what other people were doing for other injured body parts. I am now filled with secret knowledge on how to fix a lot of body parts.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Good luck with the PT. It can be hard to get through but in the end helpful. Should have done more of the exercises when I'd injured my back at 20, maybe would have had less issues with the arthritis developing, hard to say for sure with hindsight. Still, PT is there for a reason. Once you make it through back to the fun stuff.
    You're right! Plus, these PT exercises are helping me work on my pistol squat, which has been a goal forever, SO hooray. I'm sorry you have arthritis in your back. If it helps, I first heard I had arthritis in my low back at age 23, so I think sometimes it just happens.

1) EAT MOAR!
    2) PT can be extremely valuable. Was stuck with it one time for like 6 months, it sucked!! But I learned a lot of chit I still use to this day and sneakily listened to what other people were doing for other injured body parts. I am now filled with secret knowledge on how to fix a lot of body parts.
    Yeah, I'm trying to make the best of it, but... I totally did skip two days in a row. Yesterday I did leg day and my legs were just too tired, plus I figured some single leg stuff I did kind of subbed in for it? Last night, I had a party for UFC 235 and was out WAY late, so this morning I didn't have time, since I worked from 10am to 8pm. But I'll be back at it tomorrow. Honestly, I just needed the mental and physical break.

Leg day went really well, though! I did box squats to the lowest box in the gym, so well below parallel, and it was HARD. My legs are actually still sore a day and a half later. The whole workout was as follows:

3/2 Leg Day!

Backwards lunge with front foot on upside down bosu 3 x 10

Low box squat 95 x 20, 115, 135, 145, 155 x 10 each

Giant Set:
    Leg extensions 4 x 12 @ 70lb
    Hamstring curl 4 x 12 @ 70lb
    Hip Thrust 95, 105, 115, 115lb x 15 each
    DB Step Ups 20, 25, 30, 30 x 12 each

Smith machine calf raise 75lb 4 x 25 (first 15 slow, last 10 fast)

6 min treadmill incline walk

WHEW!

Then, that evening, I made and ate chicken and tofu tacos with homemade pico, peppers and onions, mushrooms, avocado, and spiced beans. Plus a cupcake Rachel made. She is hella talented. Best cupcakes of my life right here. I want some credit for losing weight while dating such an incredible baker. My guests loved my food too. I'm proud that I cook healthily, with whole foods, and still make things that are delicious.

Also talked to the GF about moving in together someday and she said she'd been thinking about it too. Not SOON, we're not U-hauling, but we're considering it as a future possibility for like a year from now.

I think my knee is basically better. I'm HOPING I can get back to BJJ in about a week. Eeeeee!

I'm also really happy I hit 155 x 10 with those low box squats. I didn't rest on the box at all, just used it to touch/hover, so it felt even harder than regular squats.
    --Hubert Humphrey

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Woah, a break from BJJ and PT work? What'd I miss?!
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The food does sound good. Hard to go wrong with a cupcake or a girl who can make cupcakes.

heheh U-haul. You are well past the third date but still, good to wait but sweet on having the discussion.

As for the arthritis, mine started in my early 20's. Injured my back and got the diagnosis when I was 23 I think. Somewhere around then at least.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Lol OP you two both sound like planner type people. That's good though, too many people moving in with each other after like 3 weeks these days and it going horribly wrong. But... CUPCAKES!! Good news on the knee, wahoo only one more week!
    As for the arthritis, mine started in my early 20's. Injured my back and got the diagnosis when I was 23 I think. Somewhere around then at least.
    Always wondered how people know if something is arthritis or tendonitis, srs. Maybe some people in Club Tendonitis are just in serious denial for years.
    Current PRs:

Always wondered how people know if something is arthritis or tendonitis, srs. Maybe some people in Club Tendonitis are just in serious denial for years.
    There is a scan that can be done at the hospital. That's how I got the diagnosis at least. Not sure on what I have in the elbow, hip and hand but the back has claims from the doctor. So, whatever the scan shows them I guess tells which it is. Details I know not.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Woah, a break from BJJ and PT work? What'd I miss?!
    I had suprapatellar bursitis in my knee. Very painful, also called "wrestler's knee," an injury in response to just too much pressure on the joint. I took time off BJJ, but I could lift and do other stuff, so that's what I did. Now I'm better! I'm still doing some PT to strengthen my hips and improve my balance, which will help protect my knees, but I'm allowed to train BJJ again and did in fact for the first time today. Man I missed it.

The food does sound good. Hard to go wrong with a cupcake or a girl who can make cupcakes.

heheh U-haul. You are well past the third date but still, good to wait but sweet on having the discussion.

I know, right? Luckily the cupcakes she makes are small, and I also like to keep special occasion foods like that fairly infrequent and in very modest servings. That way I enjoy them more and can still approach my body composition goals.

Lol OP you two both sound like planner type people. That's good though, too many people moving in with each other after like 3 weeks these days and it going horribly wrong. But... CUPCAKES!! Good news on the knee, wahoo only one more week!

We are both planners. Actually, she is more than I am. And LESS than a week! I went back to training today and I'm so happy. YAY!

I don't know about arthritis vs. tendonitis. I didn't even feel pain, it just showed up in an x-ray.

Sorry I haven't logged for a couple days. This week and next are super busy, but then I get a little break while my students are on Spring Break. I'll be logging more and also training more.

3/4 Chest and Biceps

Incline DB fly 3 x 10 @ 15, 15, 17.5lb

Flat bench 80lb 4 x 12

Flat DB fly 15lb 4 x 12
    Incline Smith bench 95lb 4 x 8

Seated DB rotating curl 15lb 4 x 12
    Standing strict DB curl 15lb 4 x 12

Cable preacher curl 7 x 10 with :30 rest, one @ 20, rest @ 15lb

3/5 Oly Day session w/ trainer

Overhead press 45, 65, 65lb x 5

Full clean to power jerk to front squat 5 x 2 @ 65lb
    Banded squat on upside down bosu while holding 10lb plate x 10
    Banded squat HOLD on upside down bosu while doing around-the-world with 25lb plate x 10 each way
    Quadraped balance on Swiss ball 3 x 1 min
    Clean x 2 to jerk x 2 @ 65lb, x 3

Full clean and jerk 3 x 3 up to 90lb
    2 x 100m row

Slow tempo front squat 65, 75, 90lb x 5
    Wall sit + 25lb plate curl 3 x 15
    Prowler push high + low handles x 3

Ab wheel rollouts 2 x 10
    High step ups with just toe touch down 2 x 10 each leg

3/7--BJJ Training 2 hours

Level 2 gi
    Butterfly sweep from half guard
    Get knee shield, get underhook and grab belt, hip out, hook in, overhook far arm, tip down and use hook to lift and flip.
    4 x 2:30 positional sparring to sweep, pass, or submit. Some good rolls.

Advanced 1 nogi
    Calisthenic warmup including decline pushups, situps, partner press with legs and with upper body
    Same exercise as last class but with transition to double leg x if they post their leg to prevent the sweep.
    5 x 5 min regular training
    Got an arm triangle on a visiting blue belt girl and fought a bunch of larger guys. Did OK, but I feel rusty--my reflexes aren't quite back. It felt SO GOOD to spar, though!

I wore my new knee pad/brace and it worked perfectly, really happy with that.
    I was so tired afterwards! I took a quick nap between students. I'm going to see Rachel this evening and then try to get more good sleep tonight. Whew. It's amazing how I feel so wiped from training, but I also LOVE IT.
    --Hubert Humphrey

WAHOO! Welcome back to BJJ training brohametta!
    Current PRs:

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had suprapatellar bursitis in my knee. Very painful, also called "wrestler's knee," an injury in response to just too much pressure on the joint. I took time off BJJ, but I could lift and do other stuff, so that's what I did. Now I'm better! I'm still doing some PT to strengthen my hips and improve my balance, which will help protect my knees, but I'm allowed to train BJJ again and did in fact for the first time today. Man I missed it.
    Ouch! Glad you took the time to heal up properly, I know you don't love time off of your active stuffs.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

SO

RECAP

Two days after coming back from my knee injury, I broke my hand (5th metacarpal fracture) rolling with a hyperactive blue belt guy who somersaulted over my pinkie and snapped it backwards.

Understandably, I hope, it became quite hard to type, and I also didn't want to report demoralizing news to this journal, so I stayed off it for awhile. Now, however, I am back. I'm training and lifting again. While my hand was injured I mostly just ran and continued some PT exercises for knee stability; later on in the injury I was able to drill some at BJJ as long as I only used one hand. Running easily came back to me--I was doing 6-7 miles every other day at between an 8:20 and 9:00/mile pace. I also threw in some workouts, such as a 4 x 5 minute interval at 6:50 pace run (1 min rest in between) and some hill sprints (10, to be exact) on another day. As a result, my cardio is awesome--I get winded even less than I used to back training BJJ. However, my grip strength and core strength and upper body are. Well. Bad. So I'm on a program easing back into strength training and I'm also back in BJJ as often as I can make it. Today that meant going at 7am and then lifting at lunch, which was fine.

I'll just start the journal off again with today, and we'll go from there.

BJJ--1 hour (+ two more 5-min rounds after class)
    arm bar escapes and arm bar technique notes
    also, kimura from arm bar position if you can trap their head between your knees

some good rolls, lots of neutralizing inversions by grabbing the belt, worked on spider guard and lasso guard as I drilled those while injured

Weights--1 hour
    warmup:
    bosu squats 3 x 20
    band pullaparts 3 x 20

RDL 4 x 10 @ 65, 85, 95, 105lb
    single-arm KB shoulder press 4 x 6 @ 20lb
    lat pulldown 4 x 10 @ 70lb

back extensions 3 x 10
    triceps pushdowns 3 x 20 @ 25, 30, 30lb

BB lunge 3 x 10 @ 27.5lb
    DB bicep curl 3 x 10 @ 17.5lb

Abs
    2 rounds of 12 reps each:

toe touches
    legs apart reach up
    crunches
    single leg crunch (each side)
    legs straight out crunch
    suitcase carries each arm 45lb

Felt pretty good.

Also met with the nutritionist who says that on days I do 1 hour of training, 2200 cal, 2 hours, up to 2500, and 3 hours, up to 2700 but at least not under 2400. She says I should lose a bit more weight this way and settle into a weight that is good to maintain for the weight class I'm still targeting. I'm up about 3 pounds throughout the whole injury cycle, which is nothing, especially as I was purposefully eating at or a bit above maintenance while hurt for better healing. I also needed the diet break! Now I'm happy to go back to a stricter regimen. Oddly, my appetite is also much lower while training BJJ than when my chief exercise was running. I'm not sure why.

Other news: still dating Rachel, our 1-year anniversary is in a week and a half(!). She's doing krav maga now and killing it. I got into grad school and will be attending The New School for Creating Writing in the fall (I got into Columbia as well, but they didn't offer as generous a scholarship or seem like the best fit for me program-wise). Work is going well.

Good to be back
    --Hubert Humphrey

Two days after coming back from my knee injury, I broke my hand (5th metacarpal fracture) rolling with a hyperactive blue belt guy who somersaulted over my pinkie and snapped it backwards.
    Aw chit, wondered where you went, glad to see you back at it! As far as broken fingers/hand is there really much they can do for that except tape it up and leave it be? That sucks. I'd be so pissed off and if it was my right hand would probably get half my food on my shirt every day trying to eat.
    Other news: still dating Rachel, our 1-year anniversary is in a week and a half(!). She's doing krav maga now and killing it. I got into grad school and will be attending The New School for Creating Writing in the fall (I got into Columbia as well, but they didn't offer as generous a scholarship or seem like the best fit for me program-wise). Work is going well.

Good to be back
    Congrats on all that, glad to see some happy news!
    Current PRs: