WLR64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Try, try, trying again.... (for the millionth time)

Trying again.....

trainingal70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Trying what? To get in shape/lose fat/build muscle? If so, I'm right there with you - used to be in great shape, slowly gained too much fat. I'm 49, will be 50 in October. What's your story?

Originally Posted by trainingal70 View Post
    Trying what? To get in shape/lose fat/build muscle? If so, I'm right there with you - used to be in great shape, slowly gained too much fat. I'm 49, will be 50 in October. What's your story?
    I was never in "great" shape. Never a competitor or anything like that. I've been in pretty good shape and I've looked okay, years ago. Now I'm completely out of shape and fat. I love to lift, but haven't been able to get it to stick. I'll lift for a couple of weeks and then just quit. There is always a reason, never a good one. It makes no sense. It's all on me. It's about taking care of me. That's it. Age 56.

Originally Posted by WLR64 View Post
    I was never in "great" shape. Never a competitor or anything like that. I've been in pretty good shape and I've looked okay, years ago. Now I'm completely out of shape and fat. I love to lift, but haven't been able to get it to stick. I'll lift for a couple of weeks and then just quit. There is always a reason, never a good one. It makes no sense. It's all on me. It's about taking care of me. That's it. Age 56.
    I know the feeling - it's tough to stay motivated sometimes! Some things that have helped me:
    * Try to plan out the week ahead - what days can I fit in exercise, what workouts will I do.
    * Make little changes - cut out sugary drinks, only have some "junk food" one day a week, at only one meal, start with walks for exercise and
    gradually increase time/distance and pace, try to do pushups/bodyweight squats 3x's/week.
    * Always have healthy foods available in the house, keep junk out, do food prep.
    * Take it day by day - each morning, think about your goals for the day, & try to stick to it - if something throws a wrench into your day, don't
    stress out, just tell yourself you'll get back on track tomorrow.

I know the feeling - it's tough to stay motivated sometimes! Some things that have helped me:
    * Try to plan out the week ahead - what days can I fit in exercise, what workouts will I do.
    * Make little changes - cut out sugary drinks, only have some "junk food" one day a week, at only one meal, start with walks for exercise and
    gradually increase time/distance and pace, try to do pushups/bodyweight squats 3x's/week.
    * Always have healthy foods available in the house, keep junk out, do food prep.
    * Take it day by day - each morning, think about your goals for the day, & try to stick to it - if something throws a wrench into your day, don't
    stress out, just tell yourself you'll get back on track tomorrow.
    Thank you for the help. I appreciate you taking the time.

3/30/20

1.5 mi walk/jog, 15.44 min mi, avg heart rate 127

Talked the kiddo into jogging with me. Been doing that once or twice a week for a couple of weeks. I guess we are sort of doing a couch to 5k kinda thing, slowly increasing the jogging time. But, I think the other half may start going with us. If he does, we'll be starting over.

Shooting for Mon/Thurs jogging, Tue/Fri strength, Wed hike. Will also track nutrition and weight.

Tonight's jog was a little rougher than the last. Right knee was hurting a little. Temp was nice, brisk but not bad. I'm going to enjoy jogging. Even though it is not easy right now, it's still relaxing. Quiet.

Weight 155

Looks like a good plan! Jogging is tough, you really need to keep at it, or if you're like me, if I skip it too many days, it is like starting from scratch again.

What's your plan for your nutrition?

Looks like a good plan! Jogging is tough, you really need to keep at it, or if you're like me, if I skip it too many days, it is like starting from scratch again.

What's your plan for your nutrition?
    I'll try to get as close as I can to Mediterranean.

3/30/20

Squat: 5x25, 5x25, 3x25, 5x25. 5x30, 12x35

Hex DL: 8x65, 8x70

Push-ups: 15/9, 15/8
    Bo row: 12x45, 12x45

Step-up: 12e, 12e
    Plank: 30, 30

Got through it.

4/1/2020

3.3 mi hike

The hike was nice. We got there early enough to avoid all the "new" park people. Could go, maybe, at 7:30 and it would be even better.

Breakfast: large navel orange, mixed nuts
    Lunch: Greek yogurt and berries
    Dinner: Caesar salad with chicken and egg
    Snack: Protein shake
    Snack: Cadbury cream egg

Diet will take a bit to figure out. Hopefully, I can make the process enjoyable, not stressful.

I have a Cadbury Cream Egg that I am saving 'till after I hit 145 lb. on the scale, lol! Chocolate is my Kryptonite, so I have to be very careful.

Do you get hungry on your current diet? It seems a little low in calories maybe, but it's hard to tell without amounts of each item. Of course, that also depends on how many calories you're burning per day.

I have a Cadbury Cream Egg that I am saving 'till after I hit 145 lb. on the scale, lol! Chocolate is my Kryptonite, so I have to be very careful.

Do you get hungry on your current diet? It seems a little low in calories maybe, but it's hard to tell without amounts of each item. Of course, that also depends on how many calories you're burning per day.
    Lol @ the Cadbury egg. I wait all year for them.

Not really. I have a pretty low daily calorie burn, even when I'm super busy and working out regularly.

4/2/2020

1.5 mi walk/jog, 15.43 min mi, 125 bpm

No other half.

The weather is perfect. Almost ran right into a deer.

Food, same as yesterday.

Overall good day. Feel good.

4/3, 4/4, 4/5/2020

4/3, 4/4 BDC

4/5

3.3 mi hike

DL: 2x5x66, 3x66, 5x66, 5x70, 8x70
    OHS: 2x5x25

Press: 15x25, 125 25
    WGPD: 15x75, 10 x 75

Lunge: 12, 16
    DB: 12, 15

1 walk/jog
    1 hike
    1 half-assed workout

This is a week that I would normally stop keeping track and then just give up.

We lost our 13 yr old bulldog and it is hard. I should feel lucky that we he was with us for so long, but we miss him so much. He died while I was taking the other pups out. Came in and he was just gone. You don't get to take them in yourself. You are allowed to drive up and they come out with a cart and get your baby. I can't imagine what it would be like if you brought in a sick animal and were forced to make decisions right now. How heart wrenching that would be. Or what about all those people that are losing loved ones right now and they can't see them. They go into the hospital and never come back. Unimaginable......

Also, our Saint has a pretty bad uti and a foot infection. They were going to come out to the car and get her, but decided it would probably be better to examine her on the back deck. Probably a good idea, considering how attached she is.

And, this is stupid, but I think I am a food hoarder. It's not that I eat all the food, I buy a ton of food that is never going to be eaten. Then, I have guilt that it isn't going to get eaten. So, I'll try to figure out a way to use whatever it is. Or maybe eat part of it so I'm not wasting. I will actually have to throw perfectly good food away, to make room for the new stuff. Some sort of weird craziness going on here.

And, to top it all off, I've been trying to quit smoking. I can get through a day or two and end up folding. So, yea, there's that.

Goals for the week:

Use the upcoming week to get on track.

Use what we have.

Cont' getting the house organized.

This last goal, been making progress here. A little bit everyday is working. The house is slowly coming together. Feels good.

SO sorry to hear about your dog -it's really difficult to lose a member of the family. I lost mine 1 1/2 yrs. ago & still miss her every day.

Keep up the activities & working out - it will help get you through this difficult time. A "half-assed"workout is better than doing nothing!

SO sorry to hear about your dog -it's really difficult to lose a member of the family. I lost mine 1 1/2 yrs. ago & still miss her every day.

Keep up the activities & working out - it will help get you through this difficult time. A "half-assed"workout is better than doing nothing!
    Thank you. Appreciate the thought.

4/25/20

I decided there was no way that I am going to be able to do everything at once. So, I've prioritized. Smoking first. Been smoke-free for about a week and a half. Feel pretty good, but will admit that I actually dream about smoking. Who'd of thought?

Activity, I want to keep active, but don't want any added stress. KB swings. I used to do these when I wasn't feeling great. I'd do 10-20 swings and then 100 steps. Simple, effective, and would bring me out of a funk. So, been swinging.

Diet, not stressing about that at the moment.

WO: 8 X 10, 15, 25/20#

Diet: n/a

Smoke-free 11 days

Weight: 157.4