balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50)

BallDeep First Men's Physique competition prep!

Hey guys,

I will be competing in my very first competition on June 11th. It is a regional men's physique show in Ontario, Canada. I am already mid-way through my diet, around 15 weeks out at this point! I begin around 17 weeks out sitting at about 175-176 lbs.

Currently at around 171 at 5'8.

I will not be doing my everyday lifting logs, I am far too busy for that. I will update weekly with photos and progress and am excited for the rest of this prep. Please share any tips or advice it is all welcome as well as positive criticism! I am doing this for some guidance as well as accountability and to share my first prep with you guys.

Pictures are in order from least to most recent.

Lets go!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by balldeep; 03-03-2016 at 09:51 PM.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will be following along man!
    advertising not permitted

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Following along man, best of luck!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) balldeep will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the support guys

Just a quick update, sitting at about 169-170. Currently just under 14 weeks out...stage weight should be about mid 150's so I am on a good pace. Probably wont be able to eat into the show but will have the last week to manipulate carbs. Consistently losing an average of about 1.5 lbs per week on 2600 calories. No cardio yet, but planning on adding some in if weight loss slows probably around 10-12 weeks out.

Gym progress is good, still feel like I am actually getting stronger, and am definitely strongest I have ever been relative to my weight.

Seeing as I have never done a show, anyone got tips on tanning? I am fairly sure the event has spray tanning the day of and night before, but do you think that will be sufficient?

Picture update, no huge changes probably wont start noticing anything drastically different for another 4 weeks. Lighting is not great btw, just daytime sunlight.
    Attached Images

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you doing the OPA show in Guelph?
    Team General Mills

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Are you doing the OPA show in Guelph?
    Yes sir! Haven't signed up or anything yet, but im planning on it. Waiting til about 4-6 weeks out to see how everything pans out.

Quick update at 13 weeks out!

No longer in the overwhelming hunger stage thank god. This past week and a half kind of stalled at 170ish which is usually a sticking point for me when both bulking and cutting.

I was still looking to be getting leaner so I presumed it was water weight seeing as my diet is pretty high sodium. Low and behold drank a ton of water td and pissed like a racehorse weighed in at 167 haha.

Just goes to show you to trust the process! No need to jump to conclusions and lower calories or smash tons of cardio as soon as weight stalls!

Will post some new pictures soon.

shirley1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck mate! I have my first comp on the 1st May! 7 weeks out right now and starting to feel the effects of the diet! Will be watching your progress!

12.5 weeks now!

Feeling good, not a ton to update, calories at 2500 and still no cardio right on track. Will be adding in about a session or two starting Saturday (12 weeks out).

Weighing in with a weekly average of 168.8 but weighed in today at 167.

Photo taken after a back workout.
    Attached Images

Update:

Caught a ****ing flu bug hopefully doesnt last too long. At least I still have 12 weeks. We'll see how things pan out, hopefully this doesnt mess everything up. Very discouraging!

Alright so update! Have not posted in a while, got a nasty flu bug and was out of the gym for near two weeks. Been getting back in the groove this past week and am still dieting!

Lost some weight from being sick and some strength but the strength will come back and the weight was mainly water+fat and some LBM definitely but I dont think very significant.

Anyways, currently at about 162 right now, which is good but with the setback I am not so sure I will be ready in a little under 10 weeks. I feel like i will hover at 160ish for a bit as I gain back glycogen and all that while still being in a deficit. Still gunna grind tho and try and do my best to be ready. Feel so damn small going into the 150's though.

Okay! Its been a little while haha, kind of forgot about this a little bit but I am still dieting

Down to about 155-156 and am a little under 6 weeks out. The changes as I get closer are much more noticeable and significant. I of course feel as though I will not be ready in time but I can only do my best and grind as hard as I can for the next month and a half. I want to be at about 150 show weight I think I should be fine there.

Cardio almost everyday about 20 min sessions medium intensity. Just started some HIIT here and there. Calories aren't too bad at 2300 still, so I'm not starving just yet.

Anyways, fat is being stubborn in the lower midsection but I am honestly not too worried it is slowly coming along by the day it always comes off last for me. The rest of my body is on track and am starting to get pretty veiny in the arms.

Let me know what you guys think of the pictures! Lighting is decent but not great.

Edit: also, measured waist at about 28 inches so thats a plus haha
    Attached Images

UPDATE:

This is not a dead thread! I decided to not do the show on that date; Instead I am looking at a show on july 11th, allowing me to get in better condition and be ready in time.

I am weighing in at around 151-153 lbs at the moment. I will post more details with replies but the progress is great right now, didnt realize how fat I was to begin with haha.

EDIT: Sorry, First picture is sideways
    Attached Images