92Jordan92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Three month Keto Log

Hi everyone,

I never intended to do a public keto log when I first started, however after overeating by 1,229cal last night I decided to start doing a public log so that I can be held accountable for my actions, which will hopefully make me think twice next time I go downstairs and raid the pantry.

A little background about 4 years ago I was an obese 17st or 238lb with no muscle, since then I managed to get myself down to 187lb @ 14% through various diets and weight training. about three weeks ago I was involved in a car accident which left me bed ridden for 2 weeks and out of the gym for potentially 12 weeks. I have never really been able to keep to a strict diet for a prolonged period of time and have always relied on intense gym sessions to counteract my lack of discipline, so I have decided that whilst I am unable to go gym now is the best time to try and nail my diet once and for all, With a ketogenic diet being my diet of choice.

Stats and plan

15th Feb - after 1 week of unmeasured Keto

Weight 12st 8.2lb
    Bodyfat 18.1%
    9st 11lb lean muscle
    3.5 visceral fat
    58.1% hydration

Maintenance 1962kcal

15% Deficit - 2 weeks commencing 15.02.15

1667 kcal Protein 400kcal (25%) 100g
    3 meals @555kcal Fat 1107kcal (70%) 123g
    Carbs 80kcal (5%) 20g

Oh I am also going to incorporate Intermittent fasting into my diet with a 12pm-8pm eating window and a daily fast once a week

IF 16/8 with a daily fast
    Week example
    Monday 0kcal - Fasted - lots of green tea and water
    Tuesday 1667kcal
    Wednesday 1667kcal
    Thursday 1667kcal
    Friday 1667kcal
    Saturday 1667kcal
    Sunday 1667kcal - 2000 kcal - increased calories for Mondays fast

Supplements
    Magnesium citrate - 2 tabs daily
    Himalayan salt (potassium) - try to use in most meals

Any advise/support is welcomed

92Jordan92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Log so far

Keto Diet Meal and Diary Log

Prior to starting this log i had been on a Ketogenic diet for one week although I did not restrict calories in this week, I fasted on the first day and ate relatively what I wanted throughout the week

Day 1

Food - daily fast

I was initially going to fast on Tuesday so that it was 7 days from my last fast but I decided to fast today instead as I didn’t have much Keto friendly food in the house, I struggled initially but kept my self busy planning my diet for the week and once I consumed enough green tea I was fine and the fact that I ate roughy 900kcal of cream and protein bars the previous night I knew I wouldn’t starve.

Day 2

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs and bacon

Lunch - avocado and bacon salad

Dinner - chicken thighs and broccoli with homemade spicy garlic mayo

Total Calories 1,492

Macro split:
    Fat 116g 70%
    Protein 99g 27%
    Carbs 13g 3%

Day 3

Lunch - scrambled eggs and bacon

Dinner - Cheesy Chorizo

Desert - Cinnamon swirls, cream and Peanut butter

Total Calories 1,917

Macro split:
    Fat 158g 72%
    Protein 107g 22%
    Carbs 31g 6%

I went to the gym today fasted and did a cycle for 30 mins burning 500 kcal, dinner was really good cheesy chorizo has to be my favourite keto meal although I’m not sure why but everytime I eat this meal, my sweet cravings go into overdrive and feel like a hardened junky trying to go cold turkey, maybe because its such a calorie dense meal @ 879kcal, luckily I had made some keto friendly cinnamon biscuits that were able to scratch my itch. I don’t usually incorporate the calories i burn in the gym into my daily calorie restrictions however today I had to as excluding the 500kcal in the gym I overate by 250kcal.

Day 4

Lunch - cheese omelette

Dinner - beef stuffed peppers X2

Total Calories 2,056

Macro split:
    Fat 165g 73%
    Protein 124g 25%
    Carbs 12g 2%

I have been getting up earlier recently and its been getting harder and harder to fast to 12 everyday, I’ve found that I need to start drinking green tea asap in order to get rid of the hunger pangs. I made some stuffed peppers for the first time today half following a recipe i found online I made three ate two and put one in the fridge. I ended up going overeating today by a whopping 389kcal’s this was largely due to the fact that the two stuffed peppers amounted to roughly 800kcal, I probably should have had 1.5 but I was really hungry I couldn’t bring myself to do it, on the bright side tonight was the first night that I wasn’t craving a dessert after dinner (probably because I consumed a days worth of calories in one meal), today was also the first day that i measured my state of ketosis using ‘ketostix’, I measured ketones of 1.5 mmol/L I was a little dissapointed at only measuring at 1.5 having on previous kept attempts reaching 8-16, although I think this may be linked to my lack of activity and maybe the cinnamon swirl biscuits I had yesterday, It was comforting however to confirm that I was in fact in ketosis.

Day 5

Upgraded MCT oil

egg & bacon Muffins

Stuffed bell pepper

cinnamon swirls & Keto delight

Total Calories 1,684

Macro split:
    Fat 146g 75%
    Protein 84g 20%
    Carbs 23g 5%

Day 6

Upgraded MCT oil

Turkish mixed grill

Quest bar & keto delight

I took one tablespoon of MCT oil with my green tea in the morning and then in my green tea whilst on my way to the gym, had a really good workout consisting of 500kcal worth of cardio and also some weight training, I feel like my strength is a lot better after last Saturdays session which i think is due to my body becoming more Keto adapted. I ate out today at a turkish cuisine and shared a mixed grill between the table, I definitely ate a lot of meat however i accompanied this with about 60g of mayo and I had only consumed two tablespoons of mct oil for the whole day although I was still worried that all the protein I consumed would kick me out of ketosis.

Day 7

Upgraded MCT oil

Caulliflower Pizza

3 quest bars and kept delight

Total Calories 2,679

Macro split:
    Fat 192g 70%
    Protein 156g 25%
    Carbs 30g 5%

After yesterdays huge protein consumption I was worried about my state of ketosis so decided to check using a ketostick about an hour after i got up and surpassingly enough it was showing that I was in a deeper state of ketosis showing 8 mmol/, I can only assume that this was due to the long fasted gym session I done yesterday or perhaps I’m checking too soon and I’m actually not in Ketosis, either way I haven’t got time to worry about it as I have tome plan what I’m going to spend my additional 400kcal on today .

Day 8

weekly weigh-in

date 22.02.16
    Weight 12st.4.2
    Bodyfat 16.8%
    lean muscle 9st 10.2 lb
    hydration 59.1

Daily fast

Day 9

MCT oil

Egg & bacon muffins

chicken & avocado spinach salad

Meatballs with konjac noodles

Total Calories 2,074cal

Macro split:
    Fat 174g 76%
    Protein 106g 21%
    Carbs 20g 3%

Day 10

egg & bacon muffins

Chicken & asparagus

85% chocolate & peanut butter

Total Calories 1,273
    Macro split:

Fat 98g 71%
    Protein 81g 26%
    Carbs 11g 3%

Day 11

Upgraded MCT oil

bacon & eggs

bacon & avocado salad

2 Quest bars, 150g peanut butter, coconut yogurt, 85% chocolate

Total Calories 2,896

Macro split:
    Fat 221g 71%
    Protein 163g 23%
    Carbs 42g 6%

I am really disappointed with my binge last night I just couldn't stop going back for more, the only silver lining is that carbs stayed under 50g which may help to keep me in Ketosis.
    Last edited by 92Jordan92; 02-26-2016 at 04:25 AM.

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off, welcome to the site and the forum. Secondly, I think starting a journal is a great way to stay on track so well done. I'll be checking in from time to time! Now onto the nitty gritty.

Regarding Your Plan
    I would recommend upping your protein to 1g/lb of LMM to ensure that you maintain the muscle you currently have. Research shows protein intake is more crucial when cutting. If it's low, your body will burn fat and muscle for energy. According to your stats, protein intake should be around 140.

Intermittent Fasting
    There are no benefits to IF besides meal timing. If you are going to be busy for the whole day and can only eat during a certain period, than by all means follow the guidelines for IF. Otherwise, I'd recommend eating 4 evenly spaced meals with at least 25g of protein in each meal. Studies have shown that protein intake spaced evenly throughout the day produces better muscle protein synthesis than one large meal with all your protein. Eat when it is convenient for you and when you're hungry (which on keto should be infrequent).

Log So Far
    Don't be discouraged by one day of overeating, just get back into it and lower the calories a bit the following day. Plus, if you're keeping to a 300 calorie deficit throughout the week, eating 1,200 over one day will still result in some weight loss. I think eating close to your TDEE every once in a while is also good for your sanity. On weekends, this was often the case for me.

In general, everything looks good so keep it up. Wish you best of luck and a smooth and quick recovery.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

Dro889 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very informative log that is helping me!

Do you use a app to help track these things?