Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Vegan bulk savage

Hey all. Got my gym membership 2 months ago.

Here I am at 16 y.o at about 113kg. Obese as ****.
    I've been losing-gaining weight ever since. (1st pic)

2014 1st november I went vegan.

This is me sometime august 2015 as a fruitarian. Starved myself a little bit in order to get lean. Did not do any kind of exercise at all. A little swimming only. (SECOND PIC)
    75kg at 187cm
    About 6"3 height.

Then, I stopped all kinds of excersise until January 1st. I had gained a lot of weight (about 92kg). But Until now (Feb 25th) Ive been training 6 times a week and eating a **** ton of food.
    Sadly no pic from before I started training.

So, bunch of guys been telling me you can't gain weight on a vegan diet.

I wanted to prove them wrong but I think I went a little to the extreme...
    Im 18 turning 19 in July.

This is me now. 97kg. End of Bulk. Starting intermittent fasting. Planning to get lean for summer. (LAST PICS)

KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) KostarasGr is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    It feels like I gained only fat.

Something tells me I should have clean bulked (or even dirty bulk would have been better) when I was lean in August... but what can you do?

any thoughts/ advice????? also what do you think my bf% is in these pics?

adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adashiu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

Give yourself time. I can't say if you can build muscles efficently without eating protein from plants - maybe it is possible but impractical.
    You are a bit fat right now. My suggestion is to cut some weight in a healthy way and then start bulking.
    2 months its not much and it is hard to judge. Keep up and stay focused on regular wightlifting and eating - results will come

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    New bf% is looking about 30%.
    You gained weight to fast or didn't eat enough protein or your intensity was low.
    17kg in 6 months = 37 pounds

You gained weight WAY too fast. Closer to 1.5lb per week than 1lb.
    Start cutting now, you need to. Next time try to gain at less than 1lb/week and eat more protein.

Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000) Stalldad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gaining weight and gaining muscle are two different things.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KostarasGr View Post
    It feels like I gained only fat.

Something tells me I should have clean bulked (or even dirty bulk would have been better) when I was lean in August... but what can you do?
    Stop being a vegan for starters.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Stop being a vegan for starters.
    There's no reason to tell someone to change their lifestyle.

Derek Tresize Vegan BB:

I think the problem is that I gained all the weight without doing any excersise at all.

Ive been working out only the past 2 months. Weight gain started in august and ended now.

So yeah, I am aware that I ****ed up. But the funny thing is I don't care as much as I did before.

Its pretty clear that I was battling with eating disorders. Im so glad I got over that ****. I see the picture in summer and it seems crazy that I gained that much.

I started Intermittent fasting and doing fasted cardio everyday.Weight train 6 times a week as usual. Alternating every month from {push/pull/legs} twice a week, to {chest,back,abs/shoulders,arms/legs} twice a week.

Thanks all.
    Also, to those who say my vegan diet is the fault, see you again in 2 years
    Just kidding, even if I give up, there are countless vegan bodybuilders who swear making the switch helped them get more gains!!

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    There's no reason to tell someone to change their lifestyle.
    =
    I can and I did. There's no reason for an 18 year old to be a vegan and some random pics of "vegan BB" who looks at best like a fitness model type vs bber, does not change that. The OP is making it harder on himself by following that approach and there's no reason for it, unless due to religious beliefs. I find most people decide to follow X nutritional approach based on faulty assumptions learned from biased faulty sources. When I see a teen vegan, a look at to what advantages they think exists, are often wrong, just like those who use buffered creatine because they think it's "no bloat" and such. Then he was a teen fruitarian, which tells us he's in serious need of self education and research.

If the OP needs to get head on straight first, then take logical approach, which he's not doing now.

I will not waste additional times covering pros/cons of vegan eating as my position/thoughts on that are in several long threads on BB.com forums for those interested, but OP asked, and I answered, and that's a place for him to start.

www.BrinkZone.com

I'm sorry but I believe you are deceived.
    Meat and animal products are cancerous. The industries want us to consume them so we can pay doc bills 4 pills.

But still; to each his own. I did not get out of my way to instruct others to stop eating the way they like.
    I find many kinds of dieting horrible and unacceptable. Keto (not vegan keto, vegan keto is the only way it can be helpful for people with seizures), low carb-paleo, blood type diets, take your pick.

A whole foods, plant based, low sodium, high carb low fat medium protein diet has been proven to be the best diet for most people.
    Zero cholesterol, and you can take the same amount of protein from plant sources. Really high in micronutrient content.

And no, Im not an example. I just started working out. I gained fat because I was depressed. Ill do my best to prove that you can get jacked on a vegan diet.

You are going to say I am young and inexperienced. Well, that might be so from an experience perspective, but this whole time (1 and a half year) of being vegan I've done my research.

AllVeggies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can give a little bit of advice. It will be harder to get the amount of protein you need on a vegan diet. Obviously you see that you can gain weight but you also need to workout otherwise it will just be fat. Be sure you eat complete proteins. If you get a protein supplement it should have all the amino acids and you don't need one with ridiculously high amounts either because it will just be wasted. Everyone tells me diet is my main problems as well but when I make gains its because I have a good workout routine. I work harder and become hungrier so naturally I eat more. I also eat steak and eggs whenever I feel like it but without knowing why you are vegan I'd just say get a good workout plan and get enough complete proteins.

Meat and animal products are cancerous. The industries want us to consume them so we can pay doc bills 4 pills.

But still; to each his own. I did not get out of my way to instruct others to stop eating the way they like.
    I find many kinds of dieting horrible and unacceptable. Keto (not vegan keto, vegan keto is the only way it can be helpful for people with seizures), low carb-paleo, blood type diets, take your pick.

A whole foods, plant based, low sodium, high carb low fat medium protein diet has been proven to be the best diet for most people.
    Zero cholesterol, and you can take the same amount of protein from plant sources. Really high in micronutrient content.

And no, Im not an example. I just started working out. I gained fat because I was depressed. Ill do my best to prove that you can get jacked on a vegan diet.

You are going to say I am young and inexperienced. Well, that might be so from an experience perspective, but this whole time (1 and a half year) of being vegan I've done my research.
    Right, I'm the one who's deceived....good luck with your goals. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

www.BrinkZone.com

Cosmocalypse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right, I'm the one who's deceived....good luck with your goals. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.
    I'm not a vegan although I don't eat meat... But why do you care so much about what other people eat? You seem to be offended about other people not eating animal carcasses? Why does that bother you?

Originally Posted by AllVeggies View Post
    I can give a little bit of advice. It will be harder to get the amount of protein you need on a vegan diet. Obviously you see that you can gain weight but you also need to workout otherwise it will just be fat. Be sure you eat complete proteins. If you get a protein supplement it should have all the amino acids and you don't need one with ridiculously high amounts either because it will just be wasted. Everyone tells me diet is my main problems as well but when I make gains its because I have a good workout routine. I work harder and become hungrier so naturally I eat more. I also eat steak and eggs whenever I feel like it but without knowing why you are vegan I'd just say get a good workout plan and get enough complete proteins.
    You have this username and you eat eggs and steak once in a while??? go vegan 4 you 4 the planet 4 the animals

Originally Posted by Cosmocalypse View Post
    I'm not a vegan although I don't eat meat... But why do you care so much about what other people eat? You seem to be offended about other people not eating animal carcasses? Why does that bother you?
    Well my reply was kinda offensive too so its the normal reaction from a meat eater. Also Im younger and I can see how that could piss someone off. I meant no disrespect.

Originally Posted by Cosmocalypse View Post
    Bad nutrition advice based on dogma, BS, and faulty science "bothers me" be it Paleo, Vegan, or other. I try to correct it where possible, and have world wide for a long time. I don't care how people eat, but if they ask a Q, and or make a claim of superiority, I'll respond/correct it. Capisce?

www.BrinkZone.com

You have this username and you eat eggs and steak once in a while??? go vegan 4 you 4 the planet 4 the animals
    lol I eat chicken and fish too. I have no guilty conscience. Sometimes you should eat meat.

Well my reply was kinda offensive too so its the normal reaction from a meat eater. Also Im younger and I can see how that could piss someone off. I meant no disrespect.
    Nah, all good kid. I do wish you the best in your goals, but this is what I do for a living and have well before you were born. Patience is not one of my strong qualities after 30 years of dealing with this topic.

I repped you which should get you out of that red status

www.BrinkZone.com

Bad nutrition advice based on dogma, BS, and faulty science "bothers me" be it Paleo, Vegan, or other. I try to correct it where possible, and have world wide for a long time. I don't care how people eat, but if they ask a Q, and or make a claim of superiority, I'll respond/correct it. Capisce?
    There's a lot of pseudo nutrition advice floating around. and the thought that you need meat all the gd time and need bacon on everything is part of it. But I can respect you trying to educate people away from the misguided info.

There's a lot of pseudo nutrition advice floating around. and the thought that you need meat all the gd time and need bacon on everything is part of it.
    Project much? I made no such claims. But yes, those who are looking to optimize body comp and health, some animal based protein is recommended. Not going to go into details yet again as I have debated that topic 912,026,173,174 times here. If you search my name and "vegan" you'll find several recent threads where I give details on the issue.

But I can respect you trying to educate people away from the misguided info.
    Much appreciated.

www.BrinkZone.com

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea I gotta say I am def with Will on this one as if it helps you sleep at night eating vegan or whatever then go for it but don't preach how it is superior or the only way people should eat or that other diets are wrong. Also OP are you sure you were training correctly or even at all for that matter as it seems as though you only put on fat. Maybe your intensity just wasn't high enough to warrant your body packing on muscle?
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Your results reflect your research. You gained 0 muscle and all fat, good job.

This thread reminds me of a time I was in a restaurant and someone started choking on some food. Everyone was yelling if there was a Doctor in the place. One guy comes forward and they ask him...."Are you a Doctor?" He replies...."No, but I'm a vegan"
    Last edited by Get-n-fit; 02-26-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Your results reflect your research. You gained 0 muscle and all fat, good job.

This thread reminds me of a time I was in a restaurant and someone started choking on some food. Everyone was yelling if there was a Doctor in the place. One guy comes forward and they ask him...."Are you a Doctor?" He replies...."No, but I'm a vegan"
    I was sedentary. If you can sit on your ass and build muscle well guess what were not all a genetic freak like you (sarcasm)
    Ive been training for 2 months? what did you expect me to gain?
    i was 92kg before I started training and im 96 now
    And yes Ive gained muscle. I just dont have any pics from before I started training

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was sedentary. If you can sit on your ass and build muscle well guess what were not all a genetic freak like you (sarcasm)
    I squat well over 600lbs bc I sit on my ass and don't lift at all, lol

Makes absolutely no sense, typical of a protein deprived Vegan.

Just admit it, this was just a "Hey, look at me I'm a vegan" thread.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

A Cross Fit follower, a vegan, and a born again walk into a bar...well, you know the rest. I don't recall ever seeing a thread starting with "Omnivore on a bulk"

www.BrinkZone.com

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive been training for 2 months? what did you expect me to gain?
    i was 92kg before I started training and im 96 now
    And yes Ive gained muscle. I just dont have any pics from before I started training
    When did he say he was sitting on his ass? I think your brain is malfunctioning from your vegan diet. Oh and btw, those rolls on your stomach and arms aren't muscle just so ya know :P

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

lmao can't you tell my sarcasm in the first post? do you think im blind? :P thats the whole point, hence the word "savage". I just wanted to share the transformation from lean to fat.

I don't know how you got the impression I'm boasting. For christ's sake! that would be just wrong :P

This is supposed to be a joke! Wtf bro! Can't you even tell my sarcasm? I know I got fat as fruak and that's the point of this thread. Why take it out of context man???
    -peace

Also, I never said anything about you. I never asked you how much you squat. I got depressed and gained weight without excersing. I was talking about me not you. Because I was SEDENTARY and got fat. I used the word "you" regarding your expectations. I mean, I could not have looked better since I started training at 92kg. I started training 2 months ago and was ALREADY FAT. Geez!

y u all so neg??? :P

also the post where I ditch animal products is supposed to be funny. You think Id come here to preach when most of the crew is not vegan? Where's your sense of humor?
    Last edited by KostarasGr; 02-26-2016 at 04:44 PM.

lmao can't you tell my sarcasm in the first post? do you think im blind? :P thats the whole point, hence the word "savage". I just wanted to share the transformation from lean to fat.

I don't know how you got the impression I'm boasting. For christ's sake! that would be just wrong :P
    Pretty damn hard to sense sarcasm from text on a computer screen. I really do hope you reach your goal of getting muscular next bulk though

Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Pretty damn hard to sense sarcasm from text on a computer screen. I really do hope you reach your goal of getting muscular next bulk though
    Thank you very much. And you got some fine cuts there bro I wish I could reach your level of fitness! good job on staying dedicated