Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Not yet ... still too burnt. There is one very cute nurse who has been making shapes though ....
    She fat?

Thanks Ral .. that all makes sense. For basically the last 12 months I could feel the strain at around parallel ... it was OK when I went through and drove up from deep, but the more tentative I was the shallower I got and the more I could feel the strain, so heavier loads = my confidence would waver and then form would go out. In retrospect, after the injury, I was probably not activating the glute max until I was close to parallel and then I was suddenly transferring the load from the quads to the glutes. This time around I'm trying to maintain a much more constant glute activation and trying to avoid bombing into the squat and bouncing out ... still hurts loads after though. Will try to focus more on the breathing, core and single leg work
    What's your daily rehab routine look like?

Well .. I was in HK, Chicago, Jackson Hole again and just recently, Port Douglas ... no real extended holidays this year though
    HK was great ... hadn't been there properly for 15 years (lots of transit stops and the odd day in between). It really is such an impressive place because it works so well. I stayed in Kowloon, conference was at the Convention Centre, and had plenty of good meals and drinks with friends. Missed you though
    Where'd you eat and hasn't it changed heaps?

Ha ... my girls were watching it and all they could talk about was 'king Robb's tackle'
    From my research, both personal and observational, Virus compression pants give the best moose knuckle

ABV .... anyone but the Vics
    Yep ... Ciara still remembers him as the guy who told her to leave a tooth in a glass of water for the tooth fairy, and when se woke to check, dad had drunk it
    Dad also sounds like the type of guy to forget his beard when surprising the kids as Santa for Christmas

It's great that you had that time ..... even better that you still got paid! So back in HK now? Further study not happening for now?
    Yessum, but gonna take some time off soon for that death anniversary + hernia op. Nosum, not a nerd

Feels very light for me .. hadn't really been under 75kg since before you were born, other than after operations. Backing off squats and deads led me to lose a lot of underlying mass, and then 3 months back I had a session at JPs following a wine tasting the night before and had a big vom in the middle of the metcon .... JP took a sneaky pic and posted it on his IG = not a flattering pic and thought 'that belly has to go'
    Plan is to get back to 75kg but hopefully not get over 12% ... getting lots of comments from people now that I'm looking bigger whereas it's just the fat stripped away at 5kg lighter

So you're doing a set one side and then the other? I've done them with a DB in each hand and moving to the other side of the room ... nearly died and said FU to the return leg
    Yessum, and i'd be the same - you're too worried about eating dick to really get anything out of it. That being said, had to switch to single standing cable rows yesterday to preserve wrists for BJJ

You didn't want that tofu and spirulina burger anyway
    Damn you Rally ... 140 for 35 reps on front squats!
    Um, it was quinoa, smashed, with a side of kombucha cos i'm actually gluten intolerant you ****

Love that exercise combo
    So how many reps on your GHR/GFs and then the sumo deads? Is that to a 'pump' track or just until you were about to die from the pump?
    Probs 50-60 GHRs, 15 FS, 30-40 Sumos, 10 Conventionals all up. Usually stop 2-3 reps short of fail, and just go by songs tbh - for GHRs i try to last a full song and will pause and rest at the bottom to make that time, errthing else are ascending pauses - 1 rep = 1 second, 2 reps = 2 secs etc, so i'll judge a good set if i've made it into the middle of the second song

3/7 It saddens me when small mom and pop shops close so i'm never gonna buy from amazon, Monday

1) Snatch+OHS - 115x1+1, 92.5x1+2x6
    2) Pushups/Cable - BW/40 x pump x 2
    3) DB Bench/Ring Rows - 30/BW x pump x 2

Notes - Do you know what's awesome about HK in summer? Blackouts. Do you know what's even more awesome than that? Living on the 20th floor and being forced to lug up your spirulina and beansprouts cos the elevators are broken
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5/7 I just got my blackbelt in jujitsu and am now going to become a ninja assassin warrior with catlike reflexes, Wednesday

1) Fronts - 145x6x4
    2) DB Press/Chins - 30/16 x pump x 2
    3) Handstand/Pulldowns - BW/80 x pump x 2

Notes
    - Hyah!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    She fat?
    You bring out the worst in me .... she wasn't at all but I hadn't seen her for 6 weeks and then I saw her last Thursday and I thought she'd added a bit of excess
    You should be able to help: how do you body shame someone without being hurtful?

What's your daily rehab routine look like?
    'daily'?
    On a daily basis it's more the rolling and stretching along with doing deep 'sh!t in the hole' squats during the day when I get a chance. I'm doing single leg glute bridges and single leg deadlifts 3 times per week and trying to squat light weight and deep 3 times per week. Unfortunately I was squatting yesterday: did a really easy 5 x 120kg with no pain, then bumped to 140kg and felt the same 'pop' that I felt when I originally tore this back in April 2016 ... I'm assuming I'm back where I started. I've booked for an US and PRP injection again on Friday week but next step could be surgery ... don't really want that as they'll have to cut through a lot of muscle and I'm not sure they'll know what to do went they get there

Where'd you eat and hasn't it changed heaps?
    The thing that surprised me was how much the harbour appears to have shrunk, and how much the skyline has extended along HK island but also at Kowloon. The HK Metro is also fantastic.
    I best meal I had was at this place
    Great meal in HK by Andrew, on Flickr
    Had no idea of the name but then I googled the phone number and came up with 'Zhejiang Heen'
    Have absolutely not idea what I was eating

Dad also sounds like the type of guy to forget his beard when surprising the kids as Santa for Christmas
    Ha .... that's so true! They're always laughing at the way I mash up my pop culture references as well

Yessum, but gonna take some time off soon for that death anniversary + hernia op. Nosum, not a nerd
    Sorry to hear. Was hernia? ... Inguinal popped attempting a 170 snatch?
    Further studies down the track?

Haha .... I had to forward that one

Yessum, and i'd be the same - you're too worried about eating dick to really get anything out of it. That being said, had to switch to single standing cable rows yesterday to preserve wrists for BJJ
    So you're doing BJJ now? As if you need to be fending off any more injuries!
    I hurt my wrist this week for the first time in maybe a decade: doing push presses (45kg so nothing heavy but my lack of ER on the left means that my left hand is closer to a neutral position than a supinated position when I receive the bar. Did an upper day with JP and it was all swollen and sore after. Wearing a wrist wrap now and hoping that it settles

[QUOTE=rallyum;1510624421]
    Um, it was quinoa, smashed, with a side of kombucha cos i'm actually gluten intolerant you ****

Probs 50-60 GHRs, 15 FS, 30-40 Sumos, 10 Conventionals all up. Usually stop 2-3 reps short of fail, and just go by songs tbh - for GHRs i try to last a full song and will pause and rest at the bottom to make that time, errthing else are ascending pauses - 1 rep = 1 second, 2 reps = 2 secs etc, so i'll judge a good set if i've made it into the middle of the second song
    Huge volume ... 50-60 GHRs = could crack walnuts with those butt cheeks

3/7 It saddens me when small mom and pop shops close so i'm never gonna buy from amazon, Monday

1) Snatch+OHS - 115x1+1, 92.5x1+2x6
    3) DB Bench/Ring Rows - 30/BW x pump x 2

Notes - Do you know what's awesome about HK in summer? Blackouts. Do you know what's even more awesome than that? Living on the 20th floor and being forced to lug up your spirulina and beansprouts cos the elevators are broken
    And the papers in AUS were all doom and gloom about SA being blacked out for a few hours after a tornado
    20 floors should be easy for you Kale/methane fuelled people
    Heavy duty snatch+OHS combo.
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5/7 I just got my blackbelt in jujitsu and am now going to become a ninja assassin warrior with catlike reflexes, Wednesday

1) Fronts - 145x6x4
    2) DB Press/Chins - 30/16 x pump x 2
    3) Handstand/Pulldowns - BW/80 x pump x 2

Notes
    - Hyah!
    Sensai Rally!

And howdafuk do you front squats 145 x 6 .... ?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

You bring out the worst in me .... she wasn't at all but I hadn't seen her for 6 weeks and then I saw her last Thursday and I thought she'd added a bit of excess
    You should be able to help: how do you body shame someone without being hurtful?
    Big ass and big ol' teddies with a side of vulnerable self esteem... what else are you waiting for??? Asked out this chubby little asian chick once, but then turned out she was getting gangbanged by the anime club, so cancelled the date. But then ended up sleeping with her anyways, cos i'm full of bad decisions, then spent the next two days trying to scrub the weeb off me in disgust. Then did it again cos i don't learn

'daily'?
    On a daily basis it's more the rolling and stretching along with doing deep 'sh!t in the hole' squats during the day when I get a chance. I'm doing single leg glute bridges and single leg deadlifts 3 times per week and trying to squat light weight and deep 3 times per week. Unfortunately I was squatting yesterday: did a really easy 5 x 120kg with no pain, then bumped to 140kg and felt the same 'pop' that I felt when I originally tore this back in April 2016 ... I'm assuming I'm back where I started. I've booked for an US and PRP injection again on Friday week but next step could be surgery ... don't really want that as they'll have to cut through a lot of muscle and I'm not sure they'll know what to do went they get there
    Hehe the best bit is they're not gonna give you an anaesthetic so you're forced to reflect on why you were trying to double bw squat two weeks after reaggravating it whilst a burning pain runs down the side of your leg ^_____^

The thing that surprised me was how much the harbour appears to have shrunk, and how much the skyline has extended along HK island but also at Kowloon. The HK Metro is also fantastic.
    I best meal I had was at this place
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4265/35604405001_3e8247e117.jpg[img]Great meal in HK by Andrew, on Flickr
    Had no idea of the name but then I googled the phone number and came up with 'Zhejiang Heen'
    Have absolutely not idea what I was eating
    Ohhh i've eaten there, it's Shanghai cuisine in HK and you had pretty normal stuff, beef, fish, intestines, washed down with a side of bogan.... Did you guys get yumcha too?

Ha .... that's so true! They're always laughing at the way I mash up my pop culture references as well
    Hit em with your dad jokes for their insolence!

Sorry to hear. Was hernia? ... Inguinal popped attempting a 170 snatch?
    Further studies down the track?
    Yup, inguinal, got twistered like a noob. Actually really bitter about it lul

Haha .... I had to forward that one
    The JP pic that started it all......

So you're doing BJJ now? As if you need to be fending off any more injuries!
    I hurt my wrist this week for the first time in maybe a decade: doing push presses (45kg so nothing heavy but my lack of ER on the left means that my left hand is closer to a neutral position than a supinated position when I receive the bar. Did an upper day with JP and it was all swollen and sore after. Wearing a wrist wrap now and hoping that it settles
    Hurts pressing, maxes on ring dips the next day, then tries to bench.... hehe the best bit is they're not gonna give you an anaesthetic so you're forced to reflect on why you were trying to do such things whilst a burning pain runs down the side of your arm ^_____^

Try to hit it twice a week, heartsaurus BJJ, and hehe the best bit is they're not gonna give me an anaesthetic....

[youtube]LLaOIXXalK8[youtube]
    Do you know what i watched the other day that was really really good? Big Trouble in Little China lul, epic movie

Huge volume ... 50-60 GHRs = could crack walnuts with those butt cheeks : o
    aka prison proof

And the papers in AUS were all doom and gloom about SA being blacked out for a few hours after a tornado
    20 floors should be easy for you Kale/methane fuelled people
    Heavy duty snatch+OHS combo.
    Did you wanna push all the little slow poke grannies off the side of the railing too?

Sensai Rally!

And howdafuk do you front squats 145 x 6 .... ?
    Started eating meat again, rare, like a man - srs, last time i felt this savage was when i accidently ate out a girl on her period

7/7 I really wish sneakerheads would stop buying white adidas ultraboosts so us runners can finally experience it for once, Friday

1) C&J - 135x1, 122.5x1x3
    2) GHR/FS - 15/80 x pump x 2
    3) Sumo+Deads+RDL - 170 x pump x 2

Notes - Functional stability made easy: keep reducing the base of support - e.g. leg press > hack squat > squat > pistol, or seated press > half kneeling press > standing press > one legged press, cos most times on the sporting field you'll be operating on the one side anyways x
    Last edited by rallyum; 07-11-2017 at 02:13 AM.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

11/7 Really bums me out Gordon Rugrats haircut Hayward went to the Celtics, Tuesday

1) Snatch+OHS - 100x1+1, 95x1+3, 95x1+5
    3) GB Bench/Ring Rows - 30/BW x pump x 2

Notes - It's interesting watching CF and PLers warmup, they'll all mobilise their shoulders, some dorky ones will try to mobilise their elbows not realising it's a hinge joint, but no one ever thinks to work on their wrists, ever - e.g. if your wrist struggles to pronate, elbow has to flare which internally rotates the shoulder, which over time leads to elbow ouchies and torn RCs
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Hehe the best bit is they're not gonna give you an anaesthetic so you're forced to reflect on why you were trying to double bw squat two weeks after reaggravating it whilst a burning pain runs down the side of your leg ^_____^
    I'm picturing them holding me down while I bite on a block of wood and they amputate

Ohhh i've eaten there, it's Shanghai cuisine in HK and you had pretty normal stuff, beef, fish, intestines, washed down with a side of bogan.... Did you guys get yumcha too?
    Did you have to tell me about the intestines?
    Yep, had yumcha at some place I have no idea where it was. Don't want top know what I ate
    Yup, inguinal, got twistered like a noob. Actually really bitter about it lul
    HEHI

Homo-erotic hernia injury

The JP pic that started it all......

Another forward!
    My youngest still uses 'Babybop' as her internet password

Hurts pressing, maxes on ring dips the next day, then tries to bench.... hehe the best bit is they're not gonna give you an anaesthetic so you're forced to reflect on why you were trying to do such things whilst a burning pain runs down the side of your arm ^_____^

Try to hit it twice a week, heartsaurus BJJ, and hehe the best bit is they're not gonna give me an anaesthetic....
    Says my BROFAM
    More alike than you think

Do you know what i watched the other day that was really really good? Big Trouble in Little China lul, epic movie
    How could you go wrong with a John Carpenter movie: director of Halloween and Escape from New York

Started eating meat again, rare, like a man - srs, last time i felt this savage was when i accidently ate out a girl on her period
    More like raw fish ......

Rare fillet is still my favourite meal ... I've got to force myself to choose something else from the menu when I eat out

7/7 I really wish sneakerheads would stop buying white adidas ultraboosts so us runners can finally experience it for once, Friday

1) C&J - 135x1, 122.5x1x3
    3) Sumo+Deads+RDL - 170 x pump x 2

Notes - Functional stability made easy: keep reducing the base of support - e.g. leg press > hack squat > squat > pistol, or seated press > half kneeling press > standing press > one legged press, cos most times on the sporting field you'll be operating on the one side anyways
    Great pic to illustrate!
    Can never understand what it must be like getting under a 135kg clean (or even worse 175 or whatever your max is ) ... it's hard enough to deadlift 135 let alone get enough speed up to get under it and receive it
    Impressive work pumping out 170 for the complex

11/7 Really bums me out Gordon Rugrats haircut Hayward went to the Celtics, Tuesday

1) Snatch+OHS - 100x1+1, 95x1+3, 95x1+5
    3) GB Bench/Ring Rows - 30/BW x pump x 2

Notes - It's interesting watching CF and PLers warmup, they'll all mobilise their shoulders, some dorky ones will try to mobilise their elbows not realising it's a hinge joint, but no one ever thinks to work on their wrists, ever - e.g. if your wrist struggles to pronate, elbow has to flare which internally rotates the shoulder, which over time leads to elbow ouchies and torn RCs
    Well, my lack of shoulder ER means that my shoulder IRs so that my L elbow flares so that my wrist struggles to pronate

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I'm picturing them holding me down while I bite on a block of wood and they amputate
    Will keep happening if you keep lifting the way you do

Did you have to tell me about the intestines?
    Yep, had yumcha at some place I have no idea where it was. Don't want top know what I ate
    <---- eats offal cos i feel it's such a waste of an animal's life when people just leave it on the plate

HEHI

Homo-erotic hernia injury
    Had this BBW come to our class once, she wanted to learn how to squash her clients cos apparently that's a thing.... was groce, she smelt like cheese

Another forward!
    My youngest still uses 'Babybop' as her internet password
    Still my hero today:

Says my BROFAM
    More alike than you think
    Nah uh, BJJ doesn't make me wanna choke myself out when i snuff another 140kg deadlift attempt hehe ^____^

How could you go wrong with a John Carpenter movie: director of Halloween and Escape from New York
    What's your fav movie of all time, and watch anything good lately?

More like raw fish ......

Rare fillet is still my favourite meal ... I've got to force myself to choose something else from the menu when I eat out
    I'm still a child so will still order a three course meal from the dessert menu hehe ^____^

Great pic to illustrate!
    Can never understand what it must be like getting under a 135kg clean (or even worse 175 or whatever your max is ) ... it's hard enough to deadlift 135 let alone get enough speed up to get under it and receive it
    Impressive work pumping out 170 for the complex
    Like a good wall ball, body instantly wants to spring up after receive, and gets easier the heavier it gets. Key is not to fear the weight, cos then you tense up and lose bounciness, so you have to really focus on breathing to zen out

Well, my lack of shoulder ER means that my shoulder IRs so that my L elbow flares so that my wrist struggles to pronate
    Yet you still try to bench, push press....

There's a school of thought in Oly that you should IR your shoulders before starting the pull cos then it gives you that extra bit of windup to get the bar up as the shoulders IR > ER vs. neutral > ER to catch

13/7 Was eating toast yesterday then found some mould so scrapped it off and continued on and now my stomach feels weird so decided to eat a bunch of garlic to kill whatever's in there and now my throat burns, Thursday

1) FS - 150x3x8
    2) DB Press/Chins - 30x26/BWx30
    3) Handstand/Pulldowns - BWx8/80x30+

Notes - Prowler = cycling in terms of back health, both lock your torso in place with legs pumping to destabilise SIJ over time vs. running where that energy goes up and out via arm swing. Point: do some k's guise (not really, but running's cool i swear )
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Will keep happening if you keep lifting the way you do
    But I don't know any other way

<---- eats offal cos i feel it's such a waste of an animal's life when people just leave it on the plate
    But rather than eat it ourselves we can just feed offal to other animals ... I mean it's natural isn't it, and what could go wrong ...... ?

Still my hero today:

Dunno .... I'm torn between Buff Robbie on thornoids or taking the easy path and sticking with my Barney dad bod

Nah uh, BJJ doesn't make me wanna choke myself out when i snuff another 140kg deadlift attempt hehe ^____^
    .... little do you realise that I read this after having just choked on a 140kg pull ... and that was after pulling 150 x 5 pretty easily from a deficit the week before. Sucks to be me

What's your fav movie of all time, and watch anything good lately?
    Fav of all time = Apocalypse Now. Was blown away when I saw it on the big screen at 18 and the helicopters rising silently over the jungle as it was lit up with napalm. The first movie I remember to really make evocative use of music
    And the two best movies I saw in the last year:
    Hell and High Water ... just a downplayed movie about small town crime in West Texas. So well directed and acted and a great picture of society fraying
    Manchester by the Sea ... slow burner that sears your soul
    (see ... I could have been a critic)

And you? Any good K-dramas or movies lately?

Like a good wall ball, body instantly wants to spring up after receive, and gets easier the heavier it gets. Key is not to fear the weight, cos then you tense up and lose bounciness, so you have to really focus on breathing to zen out
    I've lost that 'spring' with the glute tendon strain so that I'm guarded when I go deep. Would love to be able to do a decent clean

Yet you still try to bench, push press....

There's a school of thought in Oly that you should IR your shoulders before starting the pull cos then it gives you that extra bit of windup to get the bar up as the shoulders IR > ER vs. neutral > ER to catch
    For me I can go passively into ER but not actively, so the clean part is not necessarily a problem because I can start off in strong IR and the bar in my hands will force the shoulders into ER. The problem comes with any pressing from the clean position because I can't apply any force in ER so that I'm dependent on leg drive to get the bar moving

13/7 Was eating toast yesterday then found some mould so scrapped it off and continued on and now my stomach feels weird so decided to eat a bunch of garlic to kill whatever's in there and now my throat burns, Thursday

1) FS - 150x3x8
    2) DB Press/Chins - 30x26/BWx30
    3) Handstand/Pulldowns - BWx8/80x30+

Notes - Prowler = cycling in terms of back health, both lock your torso in place with legs pumping to destabilise SIJ over time vs. running where that energy goes up and out via arm swing. Point: do some k's guise (not really, but running's cool i swear : o)
    I like my prowler .... running sucks when you're built like Barney
    (I do have recurrent SIJ issue though )
    Huge FS volume. Are those 30 chin and pull-down sets done unbroken?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

But I don't know any other way
    Says Captain Ahab, as he tranquilly jetskis into the ocean, via his neck.... how'd op go, they find anything new?

But rather than eat it ourselves we can just feed offal to other animals ... I mean it's natural isn't it, and what could go wrong ...... ?
    Nothing if you deep fry it in gutter oil for that authentic asian taste

Dunno .... I'm torn between Buff Robbie on thornoids or taking the easy path and sticking with my Barney dad bod
    Thought you were looking pretty silver foxy in that Madeline pic tbh

.... little do you realise that I read this after having just choked on a 140kg pull ... and that was after pulling 150 x 5 pretty easily from a deficit the week before. Sucks to be me

Hehe get the allegory get the allegory he's always there, and you feel him coming... ^_____^

Fav of all time = Apocalypse Now. Was blown away when I saw it on the big screen at 18 and the helicopters rising silently over the jungle as it was lit up with napalm. The first movie I remember to really make evocative use of music
    And the two best movies I saw in the last year:
    Hell and High Water ... just a downplayed movie about small town crime in West Texas. So well directed and acted and a great picture of society fraying
    Manchester by the Sea ... slow burner that sears your soul
    (see ... I could have been a critic)

And you? Any good K-dramas or movies lately?
    You have depressing tastes, emo child. Could never get into Apocalypse Now, it's always on those "movies you've got to see as a man" but it's just one man's trip into insanity, no tanks, i'll just stick to Ace Ventura Pet Detective

This had me dying the other day, been on a comedy specials kick lately

I've lost that 'spring' with the glute tendon strain so that I'm guarded when I go deep. Would love to be able to do a decent clean
    Dead 3 plates first

For me I can go passively into ER but not actively, so the clean part is not necessarily a problem because I can start off in strong IR and the bar in my hands will force the shoulders into ER. The problem comes with any pressing from the clean position because I can't apply any force in ER so that I'm dependent on leg drive to get the bar moving
    Split jerks or landmine presses are so much more better, why do you wanna push press anyways?

I like my prowler .... running sucks when you're built like Barney
    (I do have recurrent SIJ issue though )
    Huge FS volume. Are those 30 chin and pull-down sets done unbroken?
    Yessum, was in a rush to finish so just one set AMRAP'd errthing - was trying out the new Romaleos 3, they sucked ballcepts

15/7 If dips are the upper body squat, are ring dips the bosu ball equivalent? Saturday

1) C&J - 130x1, 125x1x5
    3) Sumo+Deads+RDL - 180 x pump x 2

Notes - Two mobility/stability drills people should be doing: reverse inchworm to squat, lateral bear crawls. Why people don't: you look like a dickhead
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

17/7 Saw a couple fight outside a store where the girl threw her shopping at him and stormed off saying she didn't want it and he couldn't keep buying her love she wanted to spend time with him then jumped in a taxi and took off and he screamed some obscenities then took off in a diff direction so i picked up the bag like "hey...." then the girl came back round the corner in the taxi and called me a pervert for picking up the bags then took off again, Monday #seoulkorea

1) Snatch+OHS - 97.5x1+2x5
    2) Pushups/Pendlays - BWx70/70x36
    3) GB Floor/Inverted Rows - 30x14/BWx33

Notes - Functional kidlets hate them, but low bar is an athletic position, see! ^____^. And since we're nitpicking, are Oly squats that functional anyways when noone jumps from atg, like ever, unless in woods caught by bear with pants down, but instead quarter squat, or from the one leg running, or staggered from the side... point being, functional is relative
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

19/7 I'm such an old man now i spend more time on gardening forums discussing my lychee and kumquat tree gains, than i do on here checking out half naked man gains Wednesday

1) FS - 155x12
    2) DB Press/Chins - 30/BW x pump x 3
    3) Handstand/Pulldowns - BW/80 x pump x 3

Notes - Why ankle mobility sucks in most: modern life has us walking on flat surfaces vs. wild where there is no uniformity, divot here, root dere, sketch rocks errwhere, forcing the ankle to go through full ROM to get around. Fix: get your tetanus shots and go walk by the beach or asian sidewalks somewhere
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Says Captain Ahab, as he tranquilly jetskis into the ocean, via his neck.... how'd op go, they find anything new?
    Yeah ... the ultrasound didn't show up anything new, but probably no change either. I would have liked it if he'd said the defect in the tendon was getting smaller. So, injection was sore for a few days and now it's just waiting for these old bones to start healing

Thought you were looking pretty silver foxy in that Madeline pic tbh
    got to present a good package now that I'm back on the marketplace

Hehe get the allegory get the allegory he's always there, and you feel him coming... ^_____^
    you so cruel

You have depressing tastes, emo child. Could never get into Apocalypse Now, it's always on those "movies you've got to see as a man" but it's just one man's trip into insanity, no tanks, i'll just stick to Ace Ventura Pet Detective

This had me dying the other day, been on a comedy specials kick lately
    Ha ... I loved Ace Ventura (actually pretty much loved everything Jim Carrey was in). Any good K-dramas or Anime to watch?

Dead 3 plates first
    Split jerks or landmine presses are so much more better, why do you wanna push press anyways?
    Yes .... 3 years ago now I was pulling 180 for a triple and 190 for a single and now I can't even pull 140 on a bad day
    I suppose I've been doing the push presses to help add size to my shoulders, but also I'd like to build up to doing thrusters again. Push press is not ideal because of the SIJ problem but split jerks look really complicated to me .... don't think I've got the co-ordination

15/7 If dips are the upper body squat, are ring dips the bosu ball equivalent? Saturday

1) C&J - 130x1, 125x1x5
    3) Sumo+Deads+RDL - 180 x pump x 2

Notes - Two mobility/stability drills people should be doing: reverse inchworm to squat, lateral bear crawls. Why people don't: you look like a dickhead
    I'm picturing you doing that heavy BB complex to a K-pop tune! How many reps of that complex did you get through?
    I do do inchworms and bear crawls with JP, although they we usually have the gym to ourselves and it's between consenting adults

17/7 Saw a couple fight outside a store where the girl threw her shopping at him and stormed off saying she didn't want it and he couldn't keep buying her love she wanted to spend time with him then jumped in a taxi and took off and he screamed some obscenities then took off in a diff direction so i picked up the bag like "hey...." then the girl came back round the corner in the taxi and called me a pervert for picking up the bags then took off again, Monday #seoulkorea

1) Snatch+OHS - 97.5x1+2x5
    2) Pushups/Pendlays - BWx70/70x36
    3) GB Floor/Inverted Rows - 30x14/BWx33
    Why do Asian women love to scream and shout in crowded public places? Would have been a good vid though with her coming back for the bag
    Push-ups/pendlays would have been a huge pump .... I can only get about 20 push-up reps and 36 reps for the rows is a monster

19/7 I'm such an old man now i spend more time on gardening forums discussing my lychee and kumquat tree gains, than i do on here checking out half naked man gains Wednesday

1) FS - 155x12
    2) DB Press/Chins - 30/BW x pump x 3
    3) Handstand/Pulldowns - BW/80 x pump x 3

Notes - Why ankle mobility sucks in most: modern life has us walking on flat surfaces vs. wild where there is no uniformity, divot here, root dere, sketch rocks errwhere, forcing the ankle to go through full ROM to get around. Fix: get your tetanus shots and go walk by the beach or asian sidewalks somewhere
    ^^^ always love your little tips and a good selection of pics to illustrate. Nice to see an Aussie Rules game there: Crows are looking good for the Grand Final ... I've got a ticket this year

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oh heya!

look whos' been more consistent on journals lately, haha
    (not me - been dealing with life stuff, but gonna start logging again soon)

Yeah ... the ultrasound didn't show up anything new, but probably no change either. I would have liked it if he'd said the defect in the tendon was getting smaller. So, injection was sore for a few days and now it's just waiting for these old bones to start healing
    What was the ping den?

got to present a good package now that I'm back on the marketplace
    Question is when are you gonna start asking people out?

you so cruel

Ha ... I loved Ace Ventura (actually pretty much loved everything Jim Carrey was in). Any good K-dramas or Anime to watch?
    Friday night animes i'd stay in for: Porco Rosso, Cowboy Bebop, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke

Goofball laffs: School Rumble, KonoSuba, Hataraku Maou-sama!, Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun

Little girl animes: Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Ponyo, My Neighbour Totoro, any Studio Ghibli movie basically - my fav studio, they always have strong female leads in worlds filled with wonder and imagination, weird mechanical contraptions etc

And something with more bite: Attack on Titan, Train to Busan

And total little boy movie: Rurouni Kenshin - samurai and swords with beautiful choreo/cinema set in feudal Japan with totally unassuming but badass hero

My picks: Porco Rosso, Rurouni Kenshin, Infernal Affairs (HK movie Scorsese ripped off)

Yes .... 3 years ago now I was pulling 180 for a triple and 190 for a single and now I can't even pull 140 on a bad day
    I suppose I've been doing the push presses to help add size to my shoulders, but also I'd like to build up to doing thrusters again. Push press is not ideal because of the SIJ problem but split jerks look really complicated to me .... don't think I've got the co-ordination
    Try with Oly shoes?

I'm picturing you doing that heavy BB complex to a K-pop tune! How many reps of that complex did you get through?
    I do do inchworms and bear crawls with JP, although they we usually have the gym to ourselves and it's between consenting adults
    Really, thought you just did the normal versions + weighted husky for bear. Hehe, totally was, this is my current jam atm and probs 15+ sumo, 5+ conv, 3+ slow ecc RDLs per set

Why do Asian women love to scream and shout in crowded public places? Would have been a good vid though with her coming back for the bag
    Push-ups/pendlays would have been a huge pump .... I can only get about 20 push-up reps and 36 reps for the rows is a monster
    COS IT'S HOW WE TALK YOU ****ING RACIST KUNT!!! Hehe one time saw this canto chick go nuts on her bf, catches him with another chick out and about, starts to hit him, he restrains her wrists, words are exchanged, he then spits in her face at which point she goes CHOMCHOMCHOMCHOM and zombie launches at his face trying to bite off his nose hehe was awesome

^^^ always love your little tips and a good selection of pics to illustrate. Nice to see an Aussie Rules game there: Crows are looking good for the Grand Final ... I've got a ticket this year
    Hehe if it's like Port vs Cats, is it gonna be ABV or ABP? Toothless swamp people or turncoat Dangerfield?

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    oh heya!

look whos' been more consistent on journals lately, haha
    (not me - been dealing with life stuff, but gonna start logging again soon)
    Timofey!!!!!!!

Hehe, how you been old timer???

21/7 If you guys are looking for a super nice tender cut of beef, ask for oyster. Tis a super secret low key nomnomnomnom cut, and pair it with Viet kimchi, yes that's real and awesome, and white rice for chomchomchomchom goodness. You're welcome, Friday

1) C&J - 137.5x1, 127.5x1x3
    2) Sumos - 197.5x8x6

Notes - Bottom of a rack squat = catch of a clean/snatch, all of a sudden there's heavy weight on you and body has to rapidly fire to stabilise and lift weight. Tis a neat way to get extra reps in, or the benefits of Oly without the ballistic jointyness of it all
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

24/7 I know we live in a time of acceptance and understanding, where you're free to be who you are and like what you like, but i can't be friends with anyone that likes light roast coffee.... i'm sorry, i just can't Monday

1) Snatch - 115x1, 122.5x1, 110x2
    2) SA Pulldowns - 50 x pump x 3
    3) Pushdowns - 40 x occlusion

Notes - Muscle up hack, ingredients needed: matching bands, rings. Instructions: attach band to ring, ring to rack, repeat with other ring, L sit on floor, start practicing the movement. For most it's the transition that's the prob, and something that can't be trained unless you can do, hence doing them open chain with bands to build those musclecepts to transfer over into the real thing
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

What was the ping den?
    I have to assume that the hole in the tendon had at least partially healed so that the 'ping' was the old tear opening up again. When it happened I thought 'this is exactly the feeling I had the first time'. The best description I could give was that it felt like a tight cord flicking over something

Question is when are you gonna start asking people out?
    Funny you should ask: the nurse that I've thought was making shapes spoke to my surgeon friend and asked him to give me her phone number. That was two weeks ago and I've held off .... I'm scared ... just been out of this dating game for so long

Scar's got your haircut

Friday night animes i'd stay in for: Porco Rosso, Cowboy Bebop, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke

Goofball laffs: School Rumble, KonoSuba, Hataraku Maou-sama!, Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun

Little girl animes: Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Ponyo, My Neighbour Totoro, any Studio Ghibli movie basically - my fav studio, they always have strong female leads in worlds filled with wonder and imagination, weird mechanical contraptions etc

And something with more bite: Attack on Titan, Train to Busan

And total little boy movie: Rurouni Kenshin - samurai and swords with beautiful choreo/cinema set in feudal Japan with totally unassuming but badass hero

My picks: Porco Rosso, Rurouni Kenshin, Infernal Affairs (HK movie Scorsese ripped off)
    So much! I've seen Howl's Moving Castle, some Cowboy Bebop, Spirited Away and Ponyo but Princess Mononoke is one that Niamh keeps saying we need to watch and I'll have to watch Attack on Titan and Train to Busan. Never heard of Porco Rosso or Rurouni Kenshin so they'll be on my list now
    Thanks Rally: so many good things to watch out for!

Try with Oly shoes?
    For the push presses, split squats or just in general? I used to wear them all the time but ditched them about 3 years ago for barefoot/flats. Maybe I should start wearing them again?

Really, thought you just did the normal versions + weighted husky for bear. Hehe, totally was, this is my current jam atm and probs 15+ sumo, 5+ conv, 3+ slow ecc RDLs per set
    I always feel like a **** watching some k-pop vids
    Well, that was about 4 x more 180 pulls in those 2 sets than I've had in my entire life

COS IT'S HOW WE TALK YOU ****ING RACIST KUNT!!! Hehe one time saw this canto chick go nuts on her bf, catches him with another chick out and about, starts to hit him, he restrains her wrists, words are exchanged, he then spits in her face at which point she goes CHOMCHOMCHOMCHOM and zombie launches at his face trying to bite off his nose hehe was awesome
    Ha ... full Santa Clarita Diet

Hehe if it's like Port vs Cats, is it gonna be ABV or ABP? Toothless swamp people or turncoat Dangerfield?
    It's going to be hard .... my brother would be so obnoxious if Port won that I'd probably have to go for Geelong
    Looking good for the Crows though to be top 2

21/7 If you guys are looking for a super nice tender cut of beef, ask for oyster. Tis a super secret low key nomnomnomnom cut, and pair it with Viet kimchi, yes that's real and awesome, and white rice for chomchomchomchom goodness. You're welcome, Friday

1) C&J - 137.5x1, 127.5x1x3
    2) Sumos - 197.5x8x6

Notes - Bottom of a rack squat = catch of a clean/snatch, all of a sudden there's heavy weight on you and body has to rapidly fire to stabilise and lift weight. Tis a neat way to get extra reps in, or the benefits of Oly without the ballistic jointyness of it all
    Coaching AND cooking tips!
    super heavy lifts, but why 197.5 sumos? couldn't you just have gone for 200 for the symmetry?

24/7 I know we live in a time of acceptance and understanding, where you're free to be who you are and like what you like, but i can't be friends with anyone that likes light roast coffee.... i'm sorry, i just can't Monday

1) Snatch - 115x1, 122.5x1, 110x2

Notes - Muscle up hack, ingredients needed: matching bands, rings. Instructions: attach band to ring, ring to rack, repeat with other ring, L sit on floor, start practicing the movement. For most it's the transition that's the prob, and something that can't be trained unless you can do, hence doing them open chain with bands to build those musclecepts to transfer over into the real thing
    Bro-sesh ... pushdowns with occlusions. Sun's out, guns out
    And I do want to do a muscle up some day ... transition lets me down

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I have to assume that the hole in the tendon had at least partially healed so that the 'ping' was the old tear opening up again. When it happened I thought 'this is exactly the feeling I had the first time'. The best description I could give was that it felt like a tight cord flicking over something
    Has always felt like the steel cables snapping off a bridge for me, yuck

Funny you should ask: the nurse that I've thought was making shapes spoke to my surgeon friend and asked him to give me her phone number. That was two weeks ago and I've held off .... I'm scared ... just been out of this dating game for so long
    Pull the trigger mate, put yourself out there "Hey it's Andrew, wanna grab drinks tonight?"

Scar's got your haircut
    Nah uh, currently rocking the Phil and Lil atm

So much! I've seen Howl's Moving Castle, some Cowboy Bebop, Spirited Away and Ponyo but Princess Mononoke is one that Niamh keeps saying we need to watch and I'll have to watch Attack on Titan and Train to Busan. Never heard of Porco Rosso or Rurouni Kenshin so they'll be on my list now
    Thanks Rally: so many good things to watch out for!
    How do you guys watch anyways, and with subs or dub? Porco Rosso is actually what first got me into anime, Princess Mononoke sealed it - srsly gotta watch Porco mate, watched it again last night, still as beautiful as evar (go sub)

For the push presses, split squats or just in general? I used to wear them all the time but ditched them about 3 years ago for barefoot/flats. Maybe I should start wearing them again?,
    Any type of pressing, but why not for the others as well. With squats, shifts more load onto quads and increases ROM to help glute heal and stretch (not a fan of). With deads, can't hurt and a nice tool if you wanna Oly later on. With presses, keeps you more grounded and vertical but downside is you're more likely to lose the bar forward at first until abcepts catch up. That being said, you gave up shoes for a reason so bleh

I always feel like a **** watching some k-pop vids
    Well, that was about 4 x more 180 pulls in those 2 sets than I've had in my entire life

Ha ... full Santa Clarita Diet
    Hehe just to full circle and actually answer your question, pretty sure it's id that makes asian girls so scurry - it's known as 恨 and basically means unsatiated anger and each asian has their own version. With koreans it's known as "han" and comes from being conquered and exploited by the Japs and Chinese etc for so long that noone suffers fools, esp baes since asia is so male dominated. With cantos it's the stupid Brits and stinky mainlanders, with the Chinese it's each other etc. And then you throw in one child policies and declinining birth rates, and most asian kiddies don't know how to play with one another but are instead pitted against each other in the competitive schooling system etc, so you get angry little jombies that wanna bite cho face off when angered - like korean bae used to throw mugs and vases at me all the time, i've seen canto baes grab knives and forks wanting to stab, and even jap baes, aka the nicest asians, have this evil little samurai spirit about them - one threw a bucket of milk at me, hate milk, the smell makes me gag, when i went to get my phone off her. And then as i'm keeled over gagging, hands me my phone, totally undamaged, like a normal person. Fun times, would still totally do

It's going to be hard .... my brother would be so obnoxious if Port won that I'd probably have to go for Geelong
    Looking good for the Crows though to be top 2
    Stupid Hawks, what's with them sucking except for when vsing the top teams?

Coaching AND cooking tips!
    super heavy lifts, but why 197.5 sumos? couldn't you just have gone for 200 for the symmetry?
    Hehe cos i'm lazy, didn't wanna mosey round the gym looking for 2.5 when i already had 127.5 loaded and a blue and yellow on hand =^____^=

Bro-sesh ... pushdowns with occlusions. Sun's out, guns out
    And I do want to do a muscle up some day ... transition lets me down
    Hehe total bro sesh would be to use that band trick to do band crossovers inbetween sets, which i totally don't do sometimes ^_____^

27/7 Best all time fruit list: Jackfruit, Durian, Lychee, Watermelon, Mango, Thursday

1) Cleans - 170x1, 165x1
    2) Chins - BW x 15 x 10
    3) DB Curls - 10 x occlusion

Notes - Little kids kill me, wanted to die from embarrassment the other day - was babysitting and some lady comes up and compliments her on how cute she is. Thanks Miss, why are your teeth so yellow? =^____^= OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH. Same little monster, another time made the mistake of taking her past the makeup section of Chemist Warehouse, place where her mommy always goes to try on all the pretty colours, but i don't so she starts going nuclear in line, N-U-C-L-E-A-R, to the point where i have to start apologising to people like "sorry, hands waving, she's not mine...." and then some old lady laffs like "chuckle chuckle, it's alright, i've got little grandkids myself" and tries to placate devil child by tickling her chin which devil child responds by trying to chomp off her finger AHHHHHH AHHHHHH
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

29/7 Made sausage sizzle last night, simple sausage in white bread, you know the ones you use to get in primary school for a dollar when they were fundraising, or when you're waiting in line on election day for putting up with the Greens.... #sahhh good Saturday

1) Jerks - 140x3x3
    2) Cable Rows - 80 x pump x 3
    3) Pushups - 15 x pump x 3

Notes - Squats = spinal stability uptop, Deads = down below, Zerchers = midline, for an overall comprehensive squat as each segment is targetedcepts
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Pull the trigger mate, put yourself out there "Hey it's Andrew, wanna grab drinks tonight?"
    I've got a lunch date with her tomorrow .... +++ anxiety. The last time I dated was before you were born

Nah uh, currently rocking the Phil and Lil atm

Too cool! Have you ever thought of going Ranga?

How do you guys watch anyways, and with subs or dub? Porco Rosso is actually what first got me into anime, Princess Mononoke sealed it - srsly gotta watch Porco mate, watched it again last night, still as beautiful as evar (go sub)
    Usually subbed .. I think the only thing I watched dubbed was Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood ... you miss out so much of the intonation
    I'll def watch Porco!

Any type of pressing, but why not for the others as well. With squats, shifts more load onto quads and increases ROM to help glute heal and stretch (not a fan of). With deads, can't hurt and a nice tool if you wanna Oly later on. With presses, keeps you more grounded and vertical but downside is you're more likely to lose the bar forward at first until abcepts catch up. That being said, you gave up shoes for a reason so bleh
    Yes, originally I needed the oly shoes to compensate for my lack of angle flex but I managed to get past that and found that I had a tendency to lean forward on both the deads and squats so that's when I ditched them. Still .. it may be a good idea to help offload the glute tendon

... my daughter told me that int was about the crying emoji .... very applicable to my lifting exploits

Hehe just to full circle and actually answer your question, pretty sure it's id that makes asian girls so scurry - it's known as 恨 and basically means unsatiated anger and each asian has their own version. With koreans it's known as "han" and comes from being conquered and exploited by the Japs and Chinese etc for so long that noone suffers fools, esp baes since asia is so male dominated. With cantos it's the stupid Brits and stinky mainlanders, with the Chinese it's each other etc. And then you throw in one child policies and declinining birth rates, and most asian kiddies don't know how to play with one another but are instead pitted against each other in the competitive schooling system etc, so you get angry little jombies that wanna bite cho face off when angered - like korean bae used to throw mugs and vases at me all the time, i've seen canto baes grab knives and forks wanting to stab, and even jap baes, aka the nicest asians, have this evil little samurai spirit about them - one threw a bucket of milk at me, hate milk, the smell makes me gag, when i went to get my phone off her. And then as i'm keeled over gagging, hands me my phone, totally undamaged, like a normal person. Fun times, would still totally do
    Very interesting .... and a little bit scary ....

Stupid Hawks, what's with them sucking except for when vsing the top teams?
    It's all over the place at the moment, but if the crows win tomorrow them they'll be a cert to get top two and two home finals

27/7 Best all time fruit list: Jackfruit, Durian, Lychee, Watermelon, Mango, Thursday

1) Cleans - 170x1, 165x1
    2) Chins - BW x 15 x 10

Notes - Little kids kill me, wanted to die from embarrassment the other day - was babysitting and some lady comes up and compliments her on how cute she is. Thanks Miss, why are your teeth so yellow? =^____^= OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH. Same little monster, another time made the mistake of taking her past the makeup section of Chemist Warehouse, place where her mommy always goes to try on all the pretty colours, but i don't so she starts going nuclear in line, N-U-C-L-E-A-R, to the point where i have to start apologising to people like "sorry, hands waving, she's not mine...." and then some old lady laffs like "chuckle chuckle, it's alright, i've got little grandkids myself" and tries to placate devil child by tickling her chin which devil child responds by trying to chomp off her finger AHHHHHH AHHHHHH[/QUOTE]
    Awesome clean @ 170 Rally .... all of my CrossFit mates would be worshipping you

29/7 Made sausage sizzle last night, simple sausage in white bread, you know the ones you use to get in primary school for a dollar when they were fundraising, or when you're waiting in line on election day for putting up with the Greens.... #sahhh good Saturday

1) Jerks - 140x3x3
    2) Cable Rows - 80 x pump x 3
    3) Pushups - 15 x pump x 3

Notes - Squats = spinal stability uptop, Deads = down below, Zerchers = midline, for an overall comprehensive squat as each segment is targetedcepts
    ^^^^ very interesting thought and very true when I think about it. Badass jerks and cable rows!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I've got a lunch date with her tomorrow .... +++ anxiety. The last time I dated was before you were born
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG How was it, what's she like?

Too cool! Have you ever thought of going Ranga?
    Have started to grey sadly, but which has only added to my Lothario charm

Usually subbed .. I think the only thing I watched dubbed was Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood ... you miss out so much of the intonation
    I'll def watch Porco!
    Agree, drives me nuts esp when they change the script to fit the mouth movements

Yes, originally I needed the oly shoes to compensate for my lack of angle flex but I managed to get past that and found that I had a tendency to lean forward on both the deads and squats so that's when I ditched them. Still .. it may be a good idea to help offload the glute tendon
    My deads jumped +30 after a year of Oly, was part increased speed work, but more the heel had strengthened my core to be anti fall forward whenever i switched back to flats for heavy deads

... my daughter told me that int was about the crying emoji .... very applicable to my lifting exploits
    How is the little hater, she start her rotations yet?

Very interesting .... and a little bit scary ....
    Femme fatales, you gotta admit, badass ninja chick in Full Metal was pretty hawt. Mikasa from Attack on Titan is another #1 best girl waifu

It's all over the place at the moment, but if the crows win tomorrow them they'll be a cert to get top two and two home finals
    Hehe, they drew

Awesome clean @ 170 Rally .... all of my CrossFit mates would be worshipping you
    Have you noticed that when you ask a Crossfitter how long they've been doing it, "oh i found Crossfit about three years ago" like it's some type of religion? Scurry

^^^^ very interesting thought and very true when I think about it. Badass jerks and cable rows!
    Sly, real sly Mr 100kg cable rows

31/7 Why is my key bowl always filled with loose change, napkins and receipts but never my keys Monday

1) Hang Snatch - 60x24 EMOM

Notes - Hehe early morning meeting and boss tried putting me in my place by making me buy everyone coffee so i went and bought decaf hehehe i wins i wins =^______^=
    Last edited by rallyum; 07-30-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG How was it, what's she like?
    haha .... I was so anxious. We had a great lunch and talked for over 3 hours ... fortunately I didn't have to do much talking ...
    She is a lovely person, Sinhalese, has a 17yo daughter, and is 41 .....
    Now I'm getting anxious about what to do next

Have started to grey sadly, but which has only added to my Lothario charm

... but you're in a low stress job, you've got no excuse ...

I'm only just starting to go grey

My deads jumped +30 after a year of Oly, was part increased speed work, but more the heel had strengthened my core to be anti fall forward whenever i switched back to flats for heavy deads
    I'll try to do some pulls wearing my old oly shoes this coming weekend

How is the little hater, she start her rotations yet?
    She's doing her rotations now .... after her psych rotation the registrar asked her out: he's 32 and she's 22 but they've been going out now for 4 months

Femme fatales, you gotta admit, badass ninja chick in Full Metal was pretty hawt. Mikasa from Attack on Titan is another #1 best girl waifu

Hehe, they drew
    Great game though! It was worth the draw just to see the look on the Nathan Buckley and the Pies players' faces

Have you noticed that when you ask a Crossfitter how long they've been doing it, "oh i found Crossfit about three years ago" like it's some type of religion? Scurry
    True ..

Sly, real sly Mr 100kg cable rows

Well, I haven't injured my lats yet so rows are a bit of a focus
    140 jerk tho is pretty special!

31/7 Why is my key bowl always filled with loose change, napkins and receipts but never my keys Monday

1) Hang Snatch - 60x24 EMOM

Notes - Hehe early morning meeting and boss tried putting me in my place by making me buy everyone coffee so i went and bought decaf hehehe i wins i wins =^______^=
    So that was a Hang snatch every minute for 24 minutes!
    Decaf .... you'd never be sent to buy my coffee again

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

haha .... I was so anxious. We had a great lunch and talked for over 3 hours ... fortunately I didn't have to do much talking ...
    She is a lovely person, Sinhalese, has a 17yo daughter, and is 41 .....
    Now I'm getting anxious about what to do next
    Bang?

So what's the latest, any signs she wants you in and around her mouth?

Updates man, updates!

... but you're in a low stress job, you've got no excuse ...

I'm only just starting to go grey
    Asian baes with their han are a full time job

I'll try to do some pulls wearing my old oly shoes this coming weekend
    Ever try actual Pendlays in oly shoes?

She's doing her rotations now .... after her psych rotation the registrar asked her out: he's 32 and she's 22 but they've been going out now for 4 months
    Well that's creepy, ask him bout your deads! How about the youngest, she still in Melbourne? Is it starting to get lonely at your place with both girls all grown up and doing their own thing?

Great game though! It was worth the draw just to see the look on the Nathan Buckley and the Pies players' faces
    Hehe i wonder what look the Swans will hab in a few weeks time....

True ..
    Hehe, troof troof?

Well, I haven't injured my lats yet so rows are a bit of a focus
    140 jerk tho is pretty special!
    Fine, i'll take your compliment for now, but i'm watching you sir

So that was a Hang snatch every minute for 24 minutes!
    Decaf .... you'd never be sent to buy my coffee again
    I later went into his office to ask to be reimbursed and he told me to "GET OUT!" T_______T

2/8 Bet you guys dunno what cloyingly means without looking it up, Wednesday

1) FS - 142.5x5x5
    2) Chins - BW x 15 x 12

Notes - Injury recovery phases: 1) Inflammation, this is where the body goes chomchomchomchom and eats up all the damaged cells to clear the area for repair - lasts no more than a week, expect pain; 2) Repair, this is where the body goes ahhhhh and quickly duct tapes the area with collagen to restore function to the area, cos as humans we gotta eat and hunt - lasts two weeks to three months; and finally 3) Remodelling, this is where that collagen metapod hardens to restore full strength to the area - lasts four weeks to three months. So little tears take at least six weeks to heal, big six months, which is important cos most will equate no pain + full function = healed! when really the area still hasn't "set" yet leading to reinjury and delays as the process has to restart again. Rehab protocol for all that: don't take medical advice from internet randoms =^_____^=
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

4/8 Really hurt my feelings today, was having lunch with a mate and decided least matches on tinder pays: 63 to 20 T______T

1) HC+FS+P - 80 x 2+10+1 x 5
    2) Handstand - BW x 5 x 5
    3) Sumos - 165 x 16, 16, 18

Notes - Now about to destroy him on grndr 159 to 38 for dinner hehe ^______^
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Bang?

So what's the latest, any signs she wants you in and around her mouth?

Updates man, updates!
    She is keen .... I'm planning on taking things slowly though and I'd be embarrassed to bring her home. (I've got a load of tidying up and cleaning to do since I've been batching
    I'm meeting her again today but it's a bit messy ... I'm going to the footy today for a 4:10 start Crows vs Port to release the inner bogan, and then meeting her for dinner at 7:30 at a venue yet to be determined ..... normally I load up with beers and hotdogs at Adelaide Oval so I'm struggling to work out my game plan

Ever try actual Pendlays in oly shoes?
    Yes .... about 3 years back. I'm still waiting to put the oly shoes back on ... deadlifted in flats this week and it felt OK

Well that's creepy, ask him bout your deads! How about the youngest, she still in Melbourne? Is it starting to get lonely at your place with both girls all grown up and doing their own thing?
    It could be handy to have an 'in-house' psychotherapist
    Yes, youngest is in Melbourne finishing the 3rd year of her BA ... so scary that the time has just flown. I'm visiting her next weekend and meeting the boy friend
    And yes, it is a very big house (like 500 sq.m big) and it gets lonely sitting at night watching the replays of the CF Games on youtube :sad:

Hehe i wonder what look the Swans will hab in a few weeks time....

Hehe, troof troof?
    Yes ... Sydney smashed Geelong so two weeks vs Crows at Adelaide Oval will be the premiership predictor!
    And funny ... powerfcuking

Fine, i'll take your compliment for now, but i'm watching you sir
    Well, 60kg jerk would be special for me so I've got a way to go

2/8 Bet you guys dunno what cloyingly means without looking it up, Wednesday

1) FS - 142.5x5x5
    2) Chins - BW x 15 x 12

Notes - Injury recovery phases: 1) Inflammation, this is where the body goes chomchomchomchom and eats up all the damaged cells to clear the area for repair - lasts no more than a week, expect pain; 2) Repair, this is where the body goes ahhhhh and quickly duct tapes the area with collagen to restore function to the area, cos as humans we gotta eat and hunt - lasts two weeks to three months; and finally 3) Remodelling, this is where that collagen metapod hardens to restore full strength to the area - lasts four weeks to three months. So little tears take at least six weeks to heal, big six months, which is important cos most will equate no pain + full function = healed! when really the area still hasn't "set" yet leading to reinjury and delays as the process has to restart again. Rehab protocol for all that: don't take medical advice from internet randoms =^_____^=
    Cloyingly ... 'sickly sweet' in my books.
    Now I'll have to check what the dictionary says
    So many heavy front squats, so many chins, so little time
    Reading the notes makes me cringe: my glute tendon got stuck in 2) where it never repaired and where there was still a gelatinous mass at the tear site 15 months later. The last PRP caused a nice inflammatory response though and my massage guy could really feel it as he was going over my ITB. It's not been sore while squatting (110 x 8 yesterday) but it's achey afterwards ... hopefully it's healing. It's a massive tendon though so still needs decent eccentric load to organise

4/8 Really hurt my feelings today, was having lunch with a mate and decided least matches on tinder pays: 63 to 20 T______T

1) HC+FS+P - 80 x 2+10+1 x 5
    2) Handstand - BW x 5 x 5
    3) Sumos - 165 x 16, 16, 18

Notes - Now about to destroy him on grndr 159 to 38 for dinner hehe ^______^
    hahahah ...
    Sick sumo volume though ... might manage one rep at that weight now
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 08-05-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

She is keen .... I'm planning on taking things slowly though and I'd be embarrassed to bring her home. (I've got a load of tidying up and cleaning to do since I've been batching
    I'm meeting her again today but it's a bit messy ... I'm going to the footy today for a 4:10 start Crows vs Port to release the inner bogan, and then meeting her for dinner at 7:30 at a venue yet to be determined ..... normally I load up with beers and hotdogs at Adelaide Oval so I'm struggling to work out my game plan
    Hehe so how was dinner, did you charm her socks off and by charm i mean bang? And also, damn Port got murked!

Yes .... about 3 years back. I'm still waiting to put the oly shoes back on ... deadlifted in flats this week and it felt OK
    So what's your best? Used to mire both yours and Tim's rows, got 120x3 the other day

It could be handy to have an 'in-house' psychotherapist
    Yes, youngest is in Melbourne finishing the 3rd year of her BA ... so scary that the time has just flown. I'm visiting her next weekend and meeting the boy friend
    And yes, it is a very big house (like 500 sq.m big) and it gets lonely sitting at night watching the replays of the CF Games on youtube :sad:
    Damn that's so sad mate, sitting all alone in your messy mansion, feet up after a long day making 6 figures, eldest about to become a doctor, youngest lawyer, cute little nurse hunnies wanting to jump your bones but you don't want to bite.... i hope you rot in hell gireogi appa

Yes ... Sydney smashed Geelong so two weeks vs Crows at Adelaide Oval will be the premiership predictor!
    And funny ... powerfcuking
    Wahhhhhh i wanna say something smartassey but i don't wanna eat Crow later on T______T

Well, 60kg jerk would be special for me so I've got a way to go
    You do 45x8

Cloyingly ... 'sickly sweet' in my books.
    Now I'll have to check what the dictionary says
    So many heavy front squats, so many chins, so little time
    Reading the notes makes me cringe: my glute tendon got stuck in 2) where it never repaired and where there was still a gelatinous mass at the tear site 15 months later. The last PRP caused a nice inflammatory response though and my massage guy could really feel it as he was going over my ITB. It's not been sore while squatting (110 x 8 yesterday) but it's achey afterwards ... hopefully it's healing. It's a massive tendon though so still needs decent eccentric load to organise
    Hehe, like too many apricot slices =^_____^=

Das not good, think it's cos the surrounding areas go into neural overdrive so things feel super light and easy, and only after do you realise glute came along for the ride. It's why that 140 felt light until SNAP! and why most never really recover from injury, despite being able to hit the same/more, becomes a chronic thing cos they never really recovered, just got better at compensating. Anywho, if me i'd just stick to light weight and daily rehab till Week 6 to get blood flow, lymphatic drainage etc going to keep healing ticking over before progressing

hahahah ...
    Sick sumo volume though ... might manage one rep at that weight now
    Seems ominous don't you think, life going well, awesome Saturday sesh, Crows smashing, dating again, fun Monday..... maybe you have cancer?

(omg i'm going to hell for that joke)

7/8 When i was vegetarian couldn't get past 73kgs and now that i'm eating meat again can't stay below 80kgs - say what you want about IIFYM and supplements, nothing beats real good food Mondays

Deads
    70x20
    120x15
    170x10
    220x5
    260x3 @ RPE 9 - too hard
    235x6 @ RPE 8 - bingo!

235 = new 3RM, 265 = still PR

Notes - Also did hang snatches 65x12 EMOM after, bar felt so light hehe ^______^
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

9/8 I have this really bad habit where i have to pet homeless peoples doge then i'll give them a $50 and then i'll see them a few hours later completely wasted but i don't care cos i get to pet doge again. I lub doge Wednesday

1) Getups - 35 x hour

Notes - Are Jane Fonda leg raises the most functional exercise ever? Think about it, the hips are a 360 degree joint, most will train it forward and back with deads, up and down with squats, but out to the side?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Hehe so how was dinner, did you charm her socks off and by charm i mean bang? And also, damn Port got murked!
    Not yet ... I'm not sure how to get to that stage anymore
    And found out she's a Port supporter ..... Strike one!
    But she's a dog person and doesn't like cats ..... cancel out the strike!

So what's your best? Used to mire both yours and Tim's rows, got 120x3 the other day
    Ha ... well I used to do a lot of heavy rowing and pretty much every Saturday was deadlifts, Yates rows, Pendlay rows and single arm DB or landmine rows ... damn my back was thick! My heaviest Yates rows were reps @ 140 but with straps and a lot of English. Pendlays @ 125 were probably my max ... I suspect your 120 x 3 would have looked a lot cleaner than mine. I've been getting back into the rows again recently and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

Damn that's so sad mate, sitting all alone in your messy mansion, feet up after a long day making 6 figures, eldest about to become a doctor, youngest lawyer, cute little nurse hunnies wanting to jump your bones but you don't want to bite.... i hope you rot in hell gireogi appa
    You know I've had a massive European wasp nest in the wall of my house and they were my friends ... I had to finally poison them last week so the builder could get in a fix the ceiling

Wahhhhhh i wanna say something smartassey but i don't wanna eat Crow later on T______T
    I think you'll be eating Crow this year: I'll be at the MCG this year for my first ever Grand Final and I'm hoping that it's a core win (especially because the ticket cost me a sh!tload)

You do 45x8

I did 50 x 5 and nearly dropped the last rep on my head so a 60 jerk is a bit scary .... still a goal for this year. Did thrusters the other day with 40 so could do Fran tho the time would be very, very sad

Das not good, think it's cos the surrounding areas go into neural overdrive so things feel super light and easy, and only after do you realise glute came along for the ride. It's why that 140 felt light until SNAP! and why most never really recover from injury, despite being able to hit the same/more, becomes a chronic thing cos they never really recovered, just got better at compensating. Anywho, if me i'd just stick to light weight and daily rehab till Week 6 to get blood flow, lymphatic drainage etc going to keep healing ticking over before progressing
    I fear it will never heal ... next option is an op to excise the damaged bit and re-attach
    Edit: squatting today (Thursday) and doing easy reps @ 100 when it went POP again

Seems ominous don't you think, life going well, awesome Saturday sesh, Crows smashing, dating again, fun Monday..... maybe you have cancer?

(omg i'm going to hell for that joke)
    You have already, you just haven't realised it yet ..... PD is your boss now

7/8 When i was vegetarian couldn't get past 73kgs and now that i'm eating meat again can't stay below 80kgs - say what you want about IIFYM and supplements, nothing beats real good food Mondays

Deads
    70x20
    120x15
    170x10
    220x5
    260x3 @ RPE 9 - too hard
    235x6 @ RPE 8 - bingo!

235 = new 3RM, 265 = still PR

Notes - Also did hang snatches 65x12 EMOM after, bar felt so light hehe ^______^
    Damn you Rally ... 6pps x 3
    See, meat is good for you ... are you feeling better at 80? Still lean?
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 08-10-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

9/8 I have this really bad habit where i have to pet homeless peoples doge then i'll give them a $50 and then i'll see them a few hours later completely wasted but i don't care cos i get to pet doge again. I lub doge Wednesday

1) Getups - 35 x hour

Notes - Are Jane Fonda leg raises the most functional exercise ever? Think about it, the hips are a 360 degree joint, most will train it forward and back with deads, up and down with squats, but out to the side?
    Love your vignettes

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Not yet ... I'm not sure how to get to that stage anymore
    And found out she's a Port supporter ..... Strike one!
    But she's a dog person and doesn't like cats ..... cancel out the strike!
    Bet you don't even bring condoms to these dates. Reckon she's starting to feel self concious that you haven't jumped her bones yet and is that making you even more anxious hehe? ^_____^

Ha ... well I used to do a lot of heavy rowing and pretty much every Saturday was deadlifts, Yates rows, Pendlay rows and single arm DB or landmine rows ... damn my back was thick! My heaviest Yates rows were reps @ 140 but with straps and a lot of English. Pendlays @ 125 were probably my max ... I suspect your 120 x 3 would have looked a lot cleaner than mine. I've been getting back into the rows again recently and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it.
    Get out. Don't you know it's rude to upstage a bride in her own journal?

You know I've had a massive European wasp nest in the wall of my house and they were my friends ... I had to finally poison them last week so the builder could get in a fix the ceiling
    I know, then you stood around counting them, revelling in your sociopathic dorkery

I think you'll be eating Crow this year: I'll be at the MCG this year for my first ever Grand Final and I'm hoping that it's a core win (especially because the ticket cost me a sh!tload)
    Who you going with? And hehe, i'm fairweather - either Sydney team is good for me =^_____^=

I did 50 x 5 and nearly dropped the last rep on my head so a 60 jerk is a bit scary .... still a goal for this year. Did thrusters the other day with 40 so could do Fran tho the time would be very, very sad
    You do have bumpers and a platform for a reason, and most Olys never do the eccentric anyways....

I fear it will never heal ... next option is an op to excise the damaged bit and re-attach
    Edit: squatting today (Thursday) and doing easy reps @ 100 when it went POP again
    30% max, daily reps, 6 weeks

You have already, you just haven't realised it yet ..... PD is your boss now
    Woah, this completely went over my head. Reference pls

Damn you Rally ... 6pps x 3
    See, meat is good for you ... are you feeling better at 80? Still lean?
    4 plates and some change, real men count in reds. Umm, not really - torso gains much of the mass but since ceebz arms, i always end up looking like Kermit the Frog so....

Love your vignettes
    Hehe it's true it's true, one time got bit by the doge and i apologised for scaring it and was hurt it didn't like me but if some random bumps into me HEY WATCH IT MOTHERPHUCKER cos doge is life, human die

11/8 Dorky thin asian girls are so hot, Friday

1) HC+FS+P - 85 x 3+5+1 x 5
    2) FS - 147.5x3x3
    3) GHR/Ham Curls - 25x10/50x10 x 5

Notes - Can smith machine squats and snatches be any more efficient with their vertical bar paths?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')