Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    Catalyst calls them Snatch Pull Downs, panda pulling = pulling yourself down, high pulls = pulling bar up, which makes even less sense to me at 5 in the morn as SPD lul (i'm too OCD to write "Panda Pulling" when everything else is in acronyms hehe)
    You just like cyphers

Oh ok, i usually use them to prefatigue to get a training effect with less - e.g. 155 is still 120 off my best dead (275 or 56%); or for contrast - e.g. high pulls are bad form for me, absolutely kill my shoulders but i'll still do them as part of HP+S+OHS to feel bad form, then i'll panda pull into my snatch cos i'm asian and learn best via pain and negative reinforcement
    Don't remind me ... your SGDL @ 56% is more than my 1RM dead at the moment
    Shoulders must be hanging together pretty well now. Any tweaks at all?

Tom Ford suits made to measure are $6000+ and mine were fitted to 76kgs - **** shredded, bw ratios etc when i've got 4 suits gnawing away at me
    Taxpayer is paying you wayyyy too much! I do have a Tom Ford bow tie

Lul, do you ever come out of your ski trips unscathed? Jap whisky is really, and i mean REALLY, nice
    Hmmm ..... torn head of gastrocnemius, tibial plateau #, ruptured distal head of biceps, DVT/PE ... maybe I should give up the skiing

Yeah, nice, safe, padded couch and one of the best animes ever is such a let down when you've got broken lungs, like no 50 year old male should ever be forced to take paid time off, from 6 months worth, to watch cartoons and play in their gym after a fun ski trip with the boys - the horror!
    when you put it that way ..... I don't want to go back to work!

Mon 28/3

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) HP+S+OHS - 97.5 x 2+1+1 x 3
    3) FLL - 137.5 x 3 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Went to the Easter show with bae and won her two giant stuffed toys cos #stud. Bae's one of those retard asians with naive ideals when it comes to love, like sharing scarves - she's 5'1 on a good day, i'm 5'10, do you know how stupid it is to share a scarf like conjoined twins - being the campus couple, couple shirts, sharing umbrellas etc, and me winning her toys at a carnival was another thing off her checklist. Next on the list, buying curtains!
    Nice little bump to 2) and 3) so I can see the plan!
    Next on the list will be buying cushions to put on every bed, chair, sofa and bench ... you now each new cushion reduces your testosterone levels by 5% ... surrounding you with curtains, cushions and soft toys are a ploy they use to emasculate you
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    You just like cyphers
    Couldn't crack why bae was giving me the silent treatment for the whole day yesterday doe :l (hint: apparently women are sensitive to "tones" us males use when they're driving like chit)

Don't remind me ... your SGDL @ 56% is more than my 1RM dead at the moment
    Shoulders must be hanging together pretty well now. Any tweaks at all?
    I still believe!

A few, still can't figure out how to back squat consistently so shoulders still ****ed, but upside is the concentric nature of Oly has balanced my congen laxity so they're a lot more stable nowadays hehe

Taxpayer is paying you wayyyy too much! I do have a Tom Ford bow tie
    Be honest, you have no clue how to tie it right? (i don't either )(brb, 30 mins fashionably late to ball cos youtube instructionals really aren't)

Hmmm ..... torn head of gastrocnemius, tibial plateau #, ruptured distal head of biceps, DVT/PE ... maybe I should give up the skiing
    It's only a matter of time before you get eaten by a polar bear with your luck and dietary habits

when you put it that way ..... I don't want to go back to work!
    You're the hero SA Health needs, and the one it deserves - who else is gonna keep them dastardly bureaucrats honest? (although, being able to ring muscleup would be pretty sweet in your crime fighting arsenal)

Nice little bump to 2) and 3) so I can see the plan!
    Next on the list will be buying cushions to put on every bed, chair, sofa and bench ... you now each new cushion reduces your testosterone levels by 5% ... surrounding you with curtains, cushions and soft toys are a ploy they use to emasculate you
    Next week is supposed to be a light max day, then another four weeks of +2.5, then rinse and repeat for another 5 months (currently Week 4/20). End goal is snatch 140, CJ 160, which should put me in a good place to chase Comm Games selection if i can get my act together

Lul, or the two sets of towels - the skuzzy ones for me, and the soft beautiful and fluffy ones for guests that we never invite cos that'd mean actually cleaning the place for entertaining and ceebz that. Other day she was complaining how she couldn't show her friends the great view "we" - she meant me, I, RALLY - had cos the place was such a mess. Was like, start by taking down the Christmas tree den, and she sighed like you're so not helpful but deep down she knew i was right cos that fukker's still up today

Wed 30/3

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C+FS - 117.5 x 1+4 x 5
    3) RDL+HS+OHS - 77.5 x 3+1+1 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Gonna start making a concious effort to start taking care of myself more, went to the dept store today to get myself some new skincare products, at least two sit down meals a day, morning cartoons instead of CNN Asia to start my day on a happier note, etc
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm quite partial to a Snickers but i'm more grandad mode and like sponge cakes better. You?
    Ooh, I love Snickers, too.
    I also enjoy Kit Kats and Twix. Although I rarely eat any chocolate bars.
    I like Ferrero Rocher, too.

I do consume Nutella on a regular basis.

Misc: Gonna start making a concious effort to start taking care of myself more, went to the dept store today to get myself some new skincare products, at least two sit down meals a day, morning cartoons instead of CNN Asia to start my day on a happier note, etc
    Hmmm...Skincare products, curtains, scarf sharing, stuffed toys.... Not sure what's happening here.

To Andrew: You may want to quit while you're ahead with the skiing.
    Things have been escalating and can only go so far before there is no further to go...

Take it from me and don't do anything too dangerous.
    There are plenty of unremarkable ways to injure yourself. I'm very accomplished in this field and can offer advice.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Couldn't crack why bae was giving me the silent treatment for the whole day yesterday doe :l (hint: apparently women are sensitive to "tones" us males use when they're driving like chit)
    Women always think we are more complicated than we are

I still believe!

A few, still can't figure out how to back squat consistently so shoulders still ****ed, but upside is the concentric nature of Oly has balanced my congen laxity so they're a lot more stable nowadays hehe
    I have no faith in myself ... even a 200 dead looks way beyond me now
    Oly lifters have the best upper body development .... upper pecs and shoulders when everyone else complains they can't make them grow!

Be honest, you have no clue how to tie it right? (i don't either : o)(brb, 30 mins fashionably late to ball cos youtube instructionals really aren't)
    My Tom Ford tie is pre-formed ... but I do have a few real bow ties and it always takes me at least 10-30 minutes watching youtube to get it right

It's only a matter of time before you get eaten by a polar bear with your luck and dietary habits
    I'll make an awful mess now that I'm on the Xarelto

You're the hero SA Health needs, and the one it deserves - who else is gonna keep them dastardly bureaucrats honest? (although, being able to ring muscleup would be pretty sweet in your crime fighting arsenal)
    I see myself more as a Deadpool type of Hero .... that's what SA health needs

Next week is supposed to be a light max day, then another four weeks of +2.5, then rinse and repeat for another 5 months (currently Week 4/20). End goal is snatch 140, CJ 160, which should put me in a good place to chase Comm Games selection if i can get my act together
    Serious numbers .... sis about Comm Games? You know you're a born CrossFitter!

Lul, or the two sets of towels - the skuzzy ones for me, and the soft beautiful and fluffy ones for guests that we never invite cos that'd mean actually cleaning the place for entertaining and ceebz that. Other day she was complaining how she couldn't show her friends the great view "we" - she meant me, I, RALLY - had cos the place was such a mess. Was like, start by taking down the Christmas tree den, and she sighed like you're so not helpful but deep down she knew i was right cos that fukker's still up today
    You are my Brofam! I only took down the Xmas tree 2 weeks ago .... had to let the guy in to check my alarm and suddenly realised that my house looks like a hoarder lives here

Wed 30/3

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C+FS - 117.5 x 1+4 x 5
    3) RDL+HS+OHS - 77.5 x 3+1+1 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Cool C+FS sets! Should play with those at half the weight
    BB cream, noodles and pokemon

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post

Things have been escalating and can only go so far before there is no further to go...

There are plenty of unremarkable ways to injure yourself. I'm very accomplished in this field and can offer advice.
    I've been thinking the same Tom! Maybe I should stop looking for double blacks and tree runs and start looking for the Gluwein and schnapps at 3pm instead
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 03-31-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ooh, I love Snickers, too.
    I also enjoy Kit Kats and Twix. Although I rarely eat any chocolate bars.
    I like Ferrero Rocher, too.

I do consume Nutella on a regular basis.
    Wow, actually haven't had nutella in like forever, like 10+ years prob - gonna summon my inner Andrew and go have some with crepes as part of my sitdown hehe =^___^=

Hmmm...Skincare products, curtains, scarf sharing, stuffed toys.... Not sure what's happening here.
    Not gonna lie, i actually really like places like Jonathan Adler (my entire place was furnished by them via the Manhattan store), The Container Store, Bed Bath and Beyond etc. But yeah, looks fading and i don't have much of a personality/bank account

Fit's a prime example of how effective modern medicine is at staving off natural selection

Women always think we are more complicated than we are
    It's like when she asks me what i want for my birthday and it's like "blowjob" and she smacks me and tells me to be serious... i am :/

I have no faith in myself ... even a 200 dead looks way beyond me now
    Oly lifters have the best upper body development .... upper pecs and shoulders when everyone else complains they can't make them grow!
    Isometrics imo, we press just like they do but we then don't hold the bar overhead and OHS it etc, or same with gymnasts, epic shoulders and we pullup just like they do, but we then don't hold ourselves up in L-sit, lever, ironcross etc - a lot of untapped gains if you really think about it, forgotten stepchild of muscle function

My Tom Ford tie is pre-formed ... but I do have a few real bow ties and it always takes me at least 10-30 minutes watching youtube to get it right
    Thankfully i have an asian boss that knows how to tie it on me whilest i squeeze his nonexistant ass

I'll make an awful mess now that I'm on the Xarelto
    Yeah, that'll show him when he's eating you!

I see myself more as a Deadpool type of Hero .... that's what SA health needs
    I remember vetting you before we first met and i had to read all this feminist drivel about how you were a caveman for suggesting maybe home births weren't the most safest of things, hehe =^___^=

Serious numbers .... sis about Comm Games? You know you're a born CrossFitter!
    Right now it's just a stretch goal if i can meet all other goals - prob need 140/170 to be competitive and i'm 135/155

You are my Brofam! I only took down the Xmas tree 2 weeks ago .... had to let the guy in to check my alarm and suddenly realised that my house looks like a hoarder lives here

Cool C+FS sets! Should play with those at half the weight
    BB cream, noodles and pokemon
    Do you wait till all the lightbulbs are blown too and you're forced to change things in the complete dark with just your phone as the lightsource, whilest on chairs stacked precariously atop one another cos you live life on the edge and have no clue where the ladder is? Cos that's how i roll

My face is worth $235 today - SK-II Mens Cleanser $100 + Moisturiser $135

April Fools Fri 1/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C+FS+J - 127.5 x 1+3+2 x 4
    3) SGDL+DL+Sumo+RDL - 157.5 x 8+10+6+3 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Sucks and is boring, but LISS really is important cos it allows blood to pool in the left ventricle, stretching it over time to increase stroke volume and decrease heartrate - i.e. heart becomes more efficient as it can pump more blood with less work, something HIIT doesn't allow for. Have a good weekend all!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Wow, actually haven't had nutella in like forever, like 10+ years prob - gonna summon my inner Andrew and go have some with crepes as part of my sitdown hehe =^___^=

Fit's a prime example of how effective modern medicine is at staving off natural selection
    Keunt
    Hurts cos it's true

It's like when she asks me what i want for my birthday and it's like "blowjob" and she smacks me and tells me to be serious... i am :/

Isometrics imo, we press just like they do but we then don't hold the bar overhead and OHS it etc, or same with gymnasts, epic shoulders and we pullup just like they do, but we then don't hold ourselves up in L-sit, lever, ironcross etc - a lot of untapped gains if you really think about it, forgotten stepchild of muscle function
    Very true ... hence working towards a strict muscle-up. Probably no chance while I'm in full-on Barney/Grimace mode

I remember vetting you before we first met and i had to read all this feminist drivel about how you were a caveman for suggesting maybe home births weren't the most safest of things, hehe =^___^=
    I had the anti-vaxxers after me as well ...... two badges of honour right there!

Right now it's just a stretch goal if i can meet all other goals - prob need 140/170 to be competitive and i'm 135/155
    Not far off! 69kg/76kg?

Do you wait till all the lightbulbs are blown too and you're forced to change things in the complete dark with just your phone as the lightsource, whilest on chairs stacked precariously atop one another cos you live life on the edge and have no clue where the ladder is? Cos that's how i roll
    When I was in the US my mum changed all my light bulbs for me .... couldn't find her way at night time (she was dog sitting)

My face is worth $235 today - SK-II Mens Cleanser $100 + Moisturiser $135
    My 'scent wardrobe'

April Fools Fri 1/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C+FS+J - 127.5 x 1+3+2 x 4
    3) SGDL+DL+Sumo+RDL - 157.5 x 8+10+6+3 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Sucks and is boring, but LISS really is important cos it allows blood to pool in the left ventricle, stretching it over time to increase stroke volume and decrease heartrate - i.e. heart becomes more efficient as it can pump more blood with less work, something HIIT doesn't allow for. Have a good weekend all!
    Still hate LISS ... would rather eat nutella
    Cool C+FS+J complex ... so squat jerks at the end?
    Damn heavy duty deads complex ... 27 reps in each super set. Is that like 27 reps unbroken?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I need to start doing some of this type of stuff. My training is too 1 dimensional. (the last few weeks more like 0 dimensional)

Do you just walk for LISS?

My 'scent wardrobe'
    Wow. That's pretty extensive, doc.
    I was looking closely to see if you had a bottle of Aventus by Creed.

I thought you'd be more of an Old Spice kidn of guy.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Keunt
    Hurts cos it's true
    Crepe was glorious, at least 300g sugar with whatever crepe is made of, strawberries and banana covered in honey, icing sugar + nutella milkshake. Then had 2x hot chips, one drenched in gravy, the other tomato sauce cos #fittofattofittofat and i needed something savoury, then spent the rest of the afternoon conked out on my office floor in insulin coma. Woke at 5 for beer o'clock, pho, karaoke, then yakitori and dessert bar where i had this epic custard thingie whilest not watching the red pole owner make someone also eat their ceramic spoon and bowl for a perceived slight/lack of respect - great day all in all!

Very true ... hence working towards a strict muscle-up. Probably no chance while I'm in full-on Barney/Grimace mode
    Ring muscleups made my elbows esplode - tendinitis from torsion due to lack of shoulder rotation etc. Watch out for dat Sir No RCs

I had the anti-vaxxers after me as well ...... two badges of honour right there!
    Beyond frustrating, they actually walk through NICU, PICU etc pulling down posters here in Sydney - fuk is wrong with people?

Not far off! 69kg/76kg?
    77s, hit those numbers at 73 so plenty of room to grow, but at the same time do worry about my health - have only been WL for 96 weeks now, those numbers aren't sustainable cos i haven't had that time under the bar, injury history etc (like of those 96 weeks, had to spend 43 of them deloading cos i couldn't handle all that joint and spinal loading)

When I was in the US my mum changed all my light bulbs for me .... couldn't find her way at night time (she was dog sitting)
    Mummy's boy

My 'scent wardrobe'
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/alavende/media/IMG_5447_zpsqeamhmnf.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/alavende/IMG_5447_zpsqeamhmnf.jpg[IMG][URL]
    Ooohhh you fancy huh! Any suggestions on a light summery smell for HK?

Still hate LISS ... would rather eat nutella
    Cool C+FS+J complex ... so squat jerks at the end?
    Damn heavy duty deads complex ... 27 reps in each super set. Is that like 27 reps unbroken?
    Wonders why his chest hurts at 10,000 feet

Nup, splits with both feet - usually label my squat jerks as SJ #cryptography

As if you couldn't hit 57% x 27, esp if you keep changing stances throughout to shift from quads > PC > glutes/adductors > hams etc

I need to start doing some of this type of stuff. My training is too 1 dimensional. (the last few weeks more like 0 dimensional)

Do you just walk for LISS?
    Yup, 20-30 mins on my off days. Nowadays i'm all about general health and the other benefits include: improved brain plasticity, function, insulin sensitivity, calms the nervous system, balances hormones, increases bloodflow, stimulates lymphatic system etc etc basically reverses all the chit that makes you feel old, with walking seeming to be the bees knees when it comes to back and lower body health in all the latest research

I thought you'd be more of an Old Spice kidn of guy.
    Fit screams Brut if you ask me, the distinguished bogan

Mon 4/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) S+OHS - 110 x 1+1, 115 x 1+1, 118 x 1+1
    3) FLL - 150 x 1, 155 x 1
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Only demons like bitter melon, like who even likes eating that chit? #worstmelonever
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

I thought you'd be more of an Old Spice kidn of guy. : D
    If I was going to spend that much I'd buy a bottle of Grange Hermitage instead
    For some reason I get given all these scents as gifts .... do you think people are trying to tell me something?

Crepe was glorious, at least 300g sugar with whatever crepe is made of, strawberries and banana covered in honey, icing sugar + nutella milkshake. Then had 2x hot chips, one drenched in gravy, the other tomato sauce cos #fittofattofittofat and i needed something savoury, then spent the rest of the afternoon conked out on my office floor in insulin coma. Woke at 5 for beer o'clock, pho, karaoke, then yakitori and dessert bar where i had this epic custard thingie whilest not watching the red pole owner make someone also eat their ceramic spoon and bowl for a perceived slight/lack of respect - great day all in all!
    Remind me not to show lack of respect in HK ..... I can see my personality getting me onto trouble
    Monster carb binge though

Ring muscleups made my elbows esplode - tendinitis from torsion due to lack of shoulder rotation etc. Watch out for dat Sir No RCs
    I can imagine you doing AMRAP ring muscle-ups though .... elbows probably ached after a 30 rep set
    Srs though ... my elbows have been sore for the first time in two years ... am keeping a watch on this. I'm hoping that keeping it strict and not going for CF style muscle-ups might keep the elbows sweet

Beyond frustrating, they actually walk through NICU, PICU etc pulling down posters here in Sydney - fuk is wrong with people?
    I always used to think the nutters were always on the right, but anti-Vaxxers and home birthers showed there's plenty enough of them to cover the whole spectrum

77s, hit those numbers at 73 so plenty of room to grow, but at the same time do worry about my health - have only been WL for 96 weeks now, those numbers aren't sustainable cos i haven't had that time under the bar, injury history etc (like of those 96 weeks, had to spend 43 of them deloading cos i couldn't handle all that joint and spinal loading)
    I don't know .... you've got a very good grounding in strength and fitness training and maybe having only two years of WL training means that you learnt without having any bad habits. Doing very well and your numbers are impressive (and it would be a pretty cool thing to do )

Ooohhh you fancy huh! Any suggestions on a light summery smell for HK?
    John Varvatos Artisan

As if you couldn't hit 57% x 27, esp if you keep changing stances throughout to shift from quads > PC > glutes/adductors > hams etc
    Your 57% is my max (and you weigh less than me .... I know, Barney fat distribution doesn't count)

Mon 4/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) S+OHS - 110 x 1+1, 115 x 1+1, 118 x 1+1
    3) FLL - 150 x 1, 155 x 1
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Only demons like bitter melon, like who even likes eating that chit? #worstmelonever
    Very cool S+OHS. OHS with a bar is hard enough
    Asians eat all kinds of sh!t

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

If I was going to spend that much I'd buy a bottle of Grange Hermitage instead
    For some reason I get given all these scents as gifts .... do you think people are trying to tell me something?
    They can smell you rotting

Remind me not to show lack of respect in HK ..... I can see my personality getting me onto trouble
    Monster carb binge though
    Try not to bite through the spoon then, crush it and suck up the pieces instead =^___^=

You've prob been before, how'd you like HK? First time i visited all i can remember is culture shock, place was super dirty and grimey, loud, people kept accosting me and my gf etc lul, but now i absolutely love the place

I can imagine you doing AMRAP ring muscle-ups though .... elbows probably ached after a 30 rep set
    Srs though ... my elbows have been sore for the first time in two years ... am keeping a watch on this. I'm hoping that keeping it strict and not going for CF style muscle-ups might keep the elbows sweet
    Just like anything, rings require balancing movements - e.g. farmers for support, overhead holds for hangs etc (prob with false grip is that it deliberately destabilises joints, which allows for that transition but also increases joint stress if you don't progress and balance properly. Put simply, grip connects to forearms connects to RCs, it's known as irradiation where harder you grip something, more stable your shoulders and neighbouring joints become but false grip messes with that, it handicaps grip so forearms can't stabilise/support elbows, you then hang for time which gaps/tractions the joint to overstretch exposed elbowcept connectives and muscles. Add movement to that, and you start getting weird torsion, micromovements from competing/compensating muscles to really hurt elbowcepts - i.e. joint's being pulled apart, you're now twisting it too if say lats > ER. Anywho, balance is above - overhead holds to smush things back together, farmers to condition the joint to being tractioned with the grip work also working the RCs in conjunction to be functionally awesome in rings - i.e. walking creates oscillation at the joint similar to the instability of rings in a tractioned state)(longest bracket evar!)

I always used to think the nutters were always on the right, but anti-Vaxxers and home birthers showed there's plenty enough of them to cover the whole spectrum
    You mean, The Greens?

I don't know .... you've got a very good grounding in strength and fitness training and maybe having only two years of WL training means that you learnt without having any bad habits. Doing very well and your numbers are impressive (and it would be a pretty cool thing to do )
    Stop being the devil in my ear! Gonna reeval after i get some checkups done - ten year anniversary coming up soon for ACL, aka arthritis check

John Varvatos Artisan
    Tanx, will smell. Is it just me or does Aventus smell like burnt pineapple, Green Irish Tweed like Cool Water? $300+ bottles should not smell that way :/

Your 57% is my max (and you weigh less than me .... I know, Barney fat distribution doesn't count)
    I still believe!

Very cool S+OHS. OHS with a bar is hard enough
    Asians eat all kinds of sh!t
    Hehe, reps still at a premium due to ribs so really trying to make them count with extra work when i get the bar up dere

I feel the same about you white people with your "meat" pies at the footy (jakes, i actually love meat pie and can't remember the last time i crushed one )

Wed 6/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C+FS - 130 x 1+1 x 6
    3) RDL+HS+OHS - 85 x 2+1+2 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Serious question guise, team meat pie or sausage roll?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Justin Bieber is GOAT srs Oatmeal12's Avatar
    Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmeal12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Meatroll.
    My Vlog Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJZzE75rQvZvXjyBkgluIA

Questions about glaucoma? PM me.

Try not to bite through the spoon then, crush it and suck up the pieces instead =^___^=
    It's not so weird ... I had a party trick at Uni where I would eat a light bulb
    The trick is to break it first (of course), then chew up the glass until it's like coarse sand for the swallow. I didn't eat the metal.
    My other party trick was getting a condom over my head

You've prob been before, how'd you like HK? First time i visited all i can remember is culture shock, place was super dirty and grimey, loud, people kept accosting me and my gf etc lul, but now i absolutely love the place
    Innocent Sydney boy . No culture shock coming from bustling Adelaide
    The first time I was in HK I remember thinking how sterile the main island was, and then going over to Kowloon and thinking 'this is awesome'!

Just like anything, rings require balancing movements - e.g. farmers for support, overhead holds for hangs etc (prob with false grip is that it deliberately destabilises joints, which allows for that transition but also increases joint stress if you don't progress and balance properly. Put simply, grip connects to forearms connects to RCs, it's known as irradiation where harder you grip something, more stable your shoulders and neighbouring joints become but false grip messes with that, it handicaps grip so forearms can't stabilise/support elbows, you then hang for time which gaps/tractions the joint to overstretch exposed elbowcept connectives and muscles. Add movement to that, and you start getting weird torsion, micromovements from competing/compensating muscles to really hurt elbowcepts - i.e. joint's being pulled apart, you're now twisting it too if say lats > ER. Anywho, balance is above - overhead holds to smush things back together, farmers to condition the joint to being tractioned with the grip work also working the RCs in conjunction to be functionally awesome in rings - i.e. walking creates oscillation at the joint similar to the instability of rings in a tractioned state)(longest bracket ever!)
    I just had a training session at home with my friend John and he did about 5 strict muscle-ups .... he doesn't use a false grip but he got through the transition so quickly that I couldn't quite see how he did it
    The false grip really does put stress on my wrists as well ... I've very rarely had wrist pain but that's because I make a point of locking my wrist solid in line with my forearm ... if I can get through without a false grip I'll be delighted
    You've given me a half hour training bracket to work on

Stop being the devil in my ear! Gonna reeval after i get some checkups done - ten year anniversary coming up soon for ACL, aka arthritis check
    ACL ... it must be very stable now. You still jog? Shoulders and knees pain free?
    No excuses! When you get to my advanced age you realise you are given youth for a reason so make use of it

Tanx, will smell. Is it just me or does Aventus smell like burnt pineapple, Green Irish Tweed like Cool Water? $300+ bottles should not smell that way :/
    My daughter thinks both the male and female scents smell awful, but it's a bit like gold and mink on a Russian oligarch's girlfriend ... it's NAFF but it's there for show

I still believe!
    Well .... deads tomorrow and I'm trying to be positive
    I did mention you to my friend John today ... he saw my purple belt and I told him that someone said I'd look like Barney

Wed 6/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C+FS - 130 x 1+1 x 6
    3) RDL+HS+OHS - 85 x 2+1+2 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Serious question guise, team meat pie or sausage roll?
    That RDL+HS+OHS complex is cool. Are you getting some OL coaching advice or do you do all the programming yourself?

And defo the meat pie!
    Sausage rolls are ground up donkey dick ... probably an aphrodisiac in HK

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by Oatmeal12 View Post
    Meatroll.
    No pastry no curr

It's not so weird ... I had a party trick at Uni where I would eat a light bulb
    The trick is to break it first (of course), then chew up the glass until it's like coarse sand for the swallow. I didn't eat the metal.
    My other party trick was getting a condom over my head
    Lmao, and how does one even come up with said tricks, let alone try?

Innocent Sydney boy . No culture shock coming from bustling Adelaide
    The first time I was in HK I remember thinking how sterile the main island was, and then going over to Kowloon and thinking 'this is awesome'!
    Really was lul , was pre-smartphone, google maps, everything being in engrish etc so had no clue what to do being in a foreign country and having to point and charades my way to food and shelter - my generation onwards + no apps = completely ****ed at life

So where else have you been, let's compare notes! Asia first

I just had a training session at home with my friend John and he did about 5 strict muscle-ups .... he doesn't use a false grip but he got through the transition so quickly that I couldn't quite see how he did it
    The false grip really does put stress on my wrists as well ... I've very rarely had wrist pain but that's because I make a point of locking my wrist solid in line with my forearm ... if I can get through without a false grip I'll be delighted
    You've given me a half hour training bracket to work on
    I use my lats, ring pullup to hips so you're in front lever below rings, sit up so shoulders go over rings, press from dip. Try with barbell, bumpers on, lay underneath so it cuts hip crease, situp, your shoulders are now over bar in dip - apply same concept to rings. My programming was: Monday - 30 ring pullups, Wednesday - 20 ring pullups to chest, Friday - 10 ring pullups to belleh. Accessories were horizontal and inverted ring rows, with pauses, tempo etc so i could transfer that to the main three, then cut out once i could to control volume/fatigue. For you i'd also add wrist extension via pushups and handstands so you get loaded TUT in that position, and single arm overhead medball walks - the rolling ball in hand will teach wrists to react and stabilise in conjunction with shoulders etc - most people will fail thumbless due to lack of wrist extension, wrists simply don't bend that way which blocks turnover - can't transition from neutral wrists below rings to extended above. With the actual situp, the slower you pull the faster the situp needs to be to keep momentum going, with the pull itself only there to facilitate situp - i.e. pulling to belly gives you more room to situp and clear shoulders than pulling to collarbone. Dips i did on the parallel bars to build strength (still stick with false grip imo)

ACL ... it must be very stable now. You still jog? Shoulders and knees pain free?
    No excuses! When you get to my advanced age you realise you are given youth for a reason so make use of it
    Youth is wasted on the young right?

Yeah everything's feeling awesome atm, not guarding in the slightest which is why i don't wanna risk anything - it's nice being able to MMA without fear, go for a 10k fun run and not pull up lame etc - when you spend your entire 20s rehabbing from 7 ops, you kinda get over it and just wanna feel like a normal human being again. I remember at my worst i would actually sumo deadlift to pick up kids lmao, and good night shoulders if they ever ran and jumped into my arms/squirmed, arthritic for days and now i can throw them about with ease much to the chagrin of their mothers hehe - i wanna keep that

My daughter thinks both the male and female scents smell awful, but it's a bit like gold and mink on a Russian oligarch's girlfriend ... it's NAFF but it's there for show
    I get the most compliments when i dump in too much fabric softener

Well .... deads tomorrow and I'm trying to be positive
    I did mention you to my friend John today ... he saw my purple belt and I told him that someone said I'd look like Barney
    Hehe i'm awesome =^__^=

You have been paying tribute to the volume gods lately, it's only a matter of time now before they answer

That RDL+HS+OHS complex is cool. Are you getting some OL coaching advice or do you do all the programming yourself?

And defo the meat pie!
    Sausage rolls are ground up donkey dick ... probably an aphrodisiac in HK
    Myself atm, coach is currently off with the Chinese team prepping for Rio so has left it up to me to completely **** up everything he's taught me hehe =^___^=

Lies, had both for lunch yesterday and today and team sausage roll all way - the meat to pastry ratio is just all off with meatpies :/

No workout today, just wanted to answer
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Lmao, and how does one even come up with said tricks, let alone try?
    You have to be shown ...
    lightbulb: I and a friend were p!ssed at a party and he dared me to eat a lightbulb with him (he'd done it before)
    condom: you have to stretch it enough to get over your nose then you have to breathe in through your mouth and out of your nose ... condom inflates literally to about 2 foot tall on top of our head. Didn't use a knobbly one though

Really was lul , was pre-smartphone, google maps, everything being in engrish etc so had no clue what to do being in a foreign country and having to point and charades my way to food and shelter - my generation onwards + no apps = completely ****ed at life

So where else have you been, let's compare notes! Asia first
    First time OS was a cruise to Noumea, Vila, Fiji, NZ at 15 (in the bowels of a Russian ship). I started travelling when you had to use maps, read guides and carry a phrase book: spent loads of time in Europe ... lived here for 9 years of course ... and North America. South America: Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina. Africa: only Egypt but spent 4 weeks there the year you were born ... sailed in a Felucca down the nile, climbed one of the Pyramids at Giza (had to bribe the cops who were waiting at the bottom for me) and got dysentery. I've been slack in Asia ... dived in the Maldives for two weeks, trekked on the Thai/Laos border, Malaysia, Bali, Singapore, Japan, HK (lots of times) and only visit to China has been Shenzhen. Feel guilty because I'd love to spend time in China, Vietnam and India

I use my lats, ring pullup to hips so you're in front lever below rings, sit up so shoulders go over rings, press from dip. Try with barbell, bumpers on, lay underneath so it cuts hip crease, situp, your shoulders are now over bar in dip - apply same concept to rings. My programming was: Monday - 30 ring pullups, Wednesday - 20 ring pullups to chest, Friday - 10 ring pullups to belleh. Accessories were horizontal and inverted ring rows, with pauses, tempo etc so i could transfer that to the main three, then cut out once i could to control volume/fatigue. For you i'd also add wrist extension via pushups and handstands so you get loaded TUT in that position, and single arm overhead medball walks - the rolling ball in hand will teach wrists to react and stabilise in conjunction with shoulders etc - most people will fail thumbless due to lack of wrist extension, wrists simply don't bend that way which blocks turnover - can't transition from neutral wrists below rings to extended above. With the actual situp, the slower you pull the faster the situp needs to be to keep momentum going, with the pull itself only there to facilitate situp - i.e. pulling to belly gives you more room to situp and clear shoulders than pulling to collarbone. Dips i did on the parallel bars to build strength (still stick with false grip imo)
    You always give me so much to read and so much homework to do
    The way you describe it sounds to me like the way that John did his muscle ups
    Handstands will be a problem ... my Barney moobs will cover my eyes
    Howdafuk do you do pull-ups to your belly?

Youth is wasted on the young right?

Yeah everything's feeling awesome atm, not guarding in the slightest which is why i don't wanna risk anything - it's nice being able to MMA without fear, go for a 10k fun run and not pull up lame etc - when you spend your entire 20s rehabbing from 7 ops, you kinda get over it and just wanna feel like a normal human being again. I remember at my worst i would actually sumo deadlift to pick up kids lmao, and good night shoulders if they ever ran and jumped into my arms/squirmed, arthritic for days and now i can throw them about with ease much to the chagrin of their mothers hehe - i wanna keep that
    That's a great way to be (except the bit about running 10k ... I mean, whybovver) ... great mobility and stability to be able to do the oly lifts properly anyway, and outstanding with the weights you're using
    I still think about getting zombie tendon to reconnect my R supra and maybe the infras .... keep dreaming I suppose

I get the most compliments when i dump in too much fabric softener

Hehe i'm awesome =^__^=

You have been paying tribute to the volume gods lately, it's only a matter of time now before they answer
    I'm enjoying the volume at the moment ....mainly because knees, hips and back are almost painfree. Pity about the lungs

Myself atm, coach is currently off with the Chinese team prepping for Rio so has left it up to me to completely **** up everything he's taught me hehe =^___^=

Lies, had both for lunch yesterday and today and team sausage roll all way - the meat to pastry ratio is just all off with meatpies :/

No workout today, just wanted to answer
    Awesome coach then .....

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

You have to be shown ...
    lightbulb: I and a friend were p!ssed at a party and he dared me to eat a lightbulb with him (he'd done it before)
    condom: you have to stretch it enough to get over your nose then you have to breathe in through your mouth and out of your nose ... condom inflates literally to about 2 foot tall on top of our head. Didn't use a knobbly one though
    Your poor teethacess, he a doctor now too?

First time OS was a cruise to Noumea, Vila, Fiji, NZ at 15 (in the bowels of a Russian ship). I started travelling when you had to use maps, read guides and carry a phrase book: spent loads of time in Europe ... lived here for 9 years of course ... and North America. South America: Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina. Africa: only Egypt but spent 4 weeks there the year you were born ... sailed in a Felucca down the nile, climbed one of the Pyramids at Giza (had to bribe the cops who were waiting at the bottom for me) and got dysentery. I've been slack in Asia ... dived in the Maldives for two weeks, trekked on the Thai/Laos border, Malaysia, Bali, Singapore, Japan, HK (lots of times) and only visit to China has been Shenzhen. Feel guilty because I'd love to spend time in China, Vietnam and India
    Travelled heaps as a kid, by plane cos we had those around, to Asia but was too young to remember. Then did an asian place a year when i turned 18cepts and had the funds, but didn't really start to travel until i had an existential crisis and dropped everything and moved to Tokyo for the lulz. Worked every Fri-Sun in Tokyo's clubscene, then would spend the rest of the week somewhere in Asia just exploring and being hipster child of the world before being hipster child of the world was even cool, before flying back for the rinse and repeat. Did that for a few months, visited all of Asia, so decided to go back home and get my life together. And now we're here and i still totally suck at life, but in that time have also done the typical couples trip with bae to Europe twice - Paris, Prague, Venice, Santorini etc etc, bae trip to the US - LA, Seattle, NYC and Miami, possible secret LV trip with the bois if bae's not reading this, and Canadia with Toronto and Vancouver + a few other places for work. If i had to pick fav places and give random awards it'd be: HK best city in the wurld, Singapore for food with Taiwan close second, Bangkok for ratchet fun, Tokyo/South Korea for the hunnies, and Tokyo for the geeky chit i'm into. Most interesting places evar were Morocco, Turkey, India, and have never been but would love to visit South America one day

You always give me so much to read and so much homework to do
    The way you describe it sounds to me like the way that John did his muscle ups
    Handstands will be a problem ... my Barney moobs will cover my eyes
    Howdafuk do you do pull-ups to your belly?
    Pullup as norm, aim tummy, body will rotate into floating vampire status. Keep core strong

That's a great way to be (except the bit about running 10k ... I mean, whybovver) ... great mobility and stability to be able to do the oly lifts properly anyway, and outstanding with the weights you're using
    I still think about getting zombie tendon to reconnect my R supra and maybe the infras .... keep dreaming I suppose
    You're not really the type to sit there and rehab when there are printers abound

I'm enjoying the volume at the moment ....mainly because knees, hips and back are almost painfree. Pity about the lungs
    Next step: supple leopard in the mornings and not decrepit mummy

Awesome coach then .....

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/716745187637088256/5uH6kPXy.jpg[img]
    Even better,

Spoiler!

Fri 8/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C&J - 141 x 1, 142 x F, 143 x 1
    3) DL+HC+FS+Thruster - 120 x 3+1+5+1 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Why cooldowns rock: Years lifting = more muscle = more workload = more waste, which is removed via the lymphatic system, which is stimulated via movement, ala cooldowns. Faster removal = faster recovery = more frequent workouts = faster gains. It's something you see in every other sport, the Russians and Chinese believe you should never finish a session tight, and you always feel better moving after waking up sore and stiff, so why not nip it in the bud the day prior? Why cooldowns suck: cos hungry that's why. Really is important doe if longevity and consistency are the goal
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Your poor teethacess, he a doctor now too?
    Nowadays I take out my dentures to break up the light bulbs before I start to chew
    And yes ... he's a doc but I've totally lost contact with him. He's also the guy who introduced me to eating bowls of desiccated chili for the capsaicin rush, rohies and other herbal remedies

Travelled heaps as a kid, by plane cos we had those around, to Asia but was too young to remember. Then did an asian place a year when i turned 18cepts and had the funds, but didn't really start to travel until i had an existential crisis and dropped everything and moved to Tokyo for the lulz. Worked every Fri-Sun in Tokyo's clubscene, then would spend the rest of the week somewhere in Asia just exploring and being hipster child of the world before being hipster child of the world was even cool, before flying back for the rinse and repeat. Did that for a few months, visited all of Asia, so decided to go back home and get my life together. And now we're here and i still totally suck at life, but in that time have also done the typical couples trip with bae to Europe twice - Paris, Prague, Venice, Santorini etc etc, bae trip to the US - LA, Seattle, NYC and Miami, possible secret LV trip with the bois if bae's not reading this, and Canadia with Toronto and Vancouver + a few other places for work. If i had to pick fav places and give random awards it'd be: HK best city in the wurld, Singapore for food with Taiwan close second, Bangkok for ratchet fun, Tokyo/South Korea for the hunnies, and Tokyo for the geeky chit i'm into. Most interesting places evar were Morocco, Turkey, India, and have never been but would love to visit South America one day
    Very cool ... so much travel and wisdom from one so young

My favourite places evah would be Peru (Inca Trail and Machu Picchu), Galapagos, hiking in Northern Thailand, Angkor Wat and Egypt .... history and activity

World Congress of Anaesthesia is in HK this year 28th August to 2nd September
    I am thinking of American Society of Anaesthesiology in Chicago through in October

Pullup as norm, aim tummy, body will rotate into floating vampire status. Keep core strong
    I've lost a lot of upper body strength the last two years so I'll have to focus on it ... I'm expecting lots of bad fails

You're not really the type to sit there and rehab when there are printers abound
    I'm not the best at complying with instructions .... that's why I said no to Warfarin ... one a day tablets and no blood testing sounded more my line of things

Next step: supple leopard in the mornings and not decrepit mummy

Even better,

Spoiler!
    I bought the book two years ago and I've never opened it
    Ha .... you are a true Aussie. Vegemite, Caramel Koalas, and Iced coffee

Fri 8/4

1) LISS - 10 mins
    2) C&J - 141 x 1, 142 x F, 143 x 1
    3) DL+HC+FS+Thruster - 120 x 3+1+5+1 x 3
    4) LISS - 10 mins

Misc: Why cooldowns rock: Years lifting = more muscle = more workload = more waste, which is removed via the lymphatic system, which is stimulated via movement, ala cooldowns. Faster removal = faster recovery = more frequent workouts = faster gains. It's something you see in every other sport, the Russians and Chinese believe you should never finish a session tight, and you always feel better moving after waking up sore and stiff, so why not nip it in the bud the day prior? Why cooldowns suck: cos hungry that's why. Really is important doe if longevity and consistency are the goal
    1kg bumps on the C&J ... very strong at 143 so ~ 2 x BW
    Very cool complex with finish at a 120kg thruster ... JP would love to tackle that = serious CrossFit challenge. I could see that as a worthy challenge for the CrossFit Games ... max rounds for 7 minutes say

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Nowadays I take out my dentures to break up the light bulbs before I start to chew
    And yes ... he's a doc but I've totally lost contact with him. He's also the guy who introduced me to eating bowls of desiccated chili for the capsaicin rush, rohies and other herbal remedies
    It's interesting, i'm at that age where errr one's getting married atm so get to see heaps of old friends at weddings, but at the same time people change, life happens and promises to stay in touch are never kept - bittersweet, really :/

Very cool ... so much travel and wisdom from one so young
    [img]http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/pebble-500x298.jpg[img]

My favourite places evah would be Peru (Inca Trail and Machu Picchu), Galapagos, hiking in Northern Thailand, Angkor Wat and Egypt .... history and activity

World Congress of Anaesthesia is in HK this year 28th August to 2nd September
    I am thinking of American Society of Anaesthesiology in Chicago through in October
    Both sound dry, conferences are only fun when you're walking past them to get to the mountain hehe =^___^=

Travelling so soon?

One of my most favourite memories is finding "enlightenment" on some mountain top Tibetan temple on Monday, like batman, being completely bored by Wednesday cos silence and no phone reception, back to sin and debauchery on Friday hehe

Your fav places sound like Indiana Jones adventures - i like! Did you get to do the whole cute playing with errphants, Hill tribes then Mekong crossing into Laos?

I've lost a lot of upper body strength the last two years so I'll have to focus on it ... I'm expecting lots of bad fails
    When you pull it off your back tends to bulletproof itself over time - i.e. strengthens and teaches lats, esp low lats, to stabilise spinecepts, which leaves glutes and hams to be prime movers on squats/deads, abs to control ribs and torso etc

I'm not the best at complying with instructions .... that's why I said no to Warfarin ... one a day tablets and no blood testing sounded more my line of things
    But table corners and shaving razors become so much more dangerous nowadays with your luck and klutz

I bought the book two years ago and I've never opened it
    Ha .... you are a true Aussie. Vegemite, Caramel Koalas, and Iced coffee
    and Chicken salt! (you know, you actually can't find chicken salt anywhere else other than Aus, it's the one thing i hate about being hipster child of the world, hot chips - my one true love, just aren't the same without)

1kg bumps on the C&J ... very strong at 143 so ~ 2 x BW
    Very cool complex with finish at a 120kg thruster ... JP would love to tackle that = serious CrossFit challenge. I could see that as a worthy challenge for the CrossFit Games ... max rounds for 7 minutes say
    Complexes are the best when you're lazy like me and don't like going heavy - let fatigue do the work then leave

Tue 12/4

1) LISS - 30 mins
    2) Snatch - 110 x 1, 100 x 16 EMOM
    3) Panda - 140 x 1, 125 x 5 EMOM

Misc: Damn, Kobe 60 and Warriors 73-9!!! It's like my childhood being broken
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

It's interesting, i'm at that age where errr one's getting married atm so get to see heaps of old friends at weddings, but at the same time people change, life happens and promises to stay in touch are never kept - bittersweet, really :/
    Wait til you get to the state where all your social contacts are parents at kindy

Both sound dry, conferences are only fun when you're walking past them to get to the mountain hehe =^___^=

Travelling so soon?
    I tend to get easily distracted ... I don't miss out on training and I'm easily swayed to stop for a drink or three
    And I was planning to go to a conference win Queenstown (AQUA = Annual Queenstown Update in Anaesthesia) but I figured I'm better off not head-butting any trees this year

One of my most favourite memories is finding "enlightenment" on some mountain top Tibetan temple on Monday, like batman, being completely bored by Wednesday cos silence and no phone reception, back to sin and debauchery on Friday hehe

Your fav places sound like Indiana Jones adventures - i like! Did you get to do the whole cute playing with errphants, Hill tribes then Mekong crossing into Laos?
    Yeah .... I can't stay still too long .... climbing up to the temple would be cool; getting back to to sincerity would be better
    We did the elephant thing but we then spent 3 days with the 4 of us being guided over these mountain tracks by locals who spoke no English. Slept in reed huts, got lost in a cave, ate fresh killed pork, got e.coli ... all very cool. Could always find a beer somewhere, which was awesome

When you pull it off your back tends to bulletproof itself over time - i.e. strengthens and teaches lats, esp low lats, to stabilise spinecepts, which leaves glutes and hams to be prime movers on squats/deads, abs to control ribs and torso etc

But table corners and shaving razors become so much more dangerous nowadays with your luck and klutz
    I've already relearnt how to activate my lats to maintain stability on the rings .... it will take me a while but I'm hopeful
    And must confess ... I am a klutz ... had a builder checking damp from a leaking pipe last week. I moved a chest so he could get to the wall but forgot to move the antique plates and jug from the top. Felt pretty stupid cleaning up broken crockery around him

and Chicken salt! (you know, you actually can't find chicken salt anywhere else other than Aus, it's the one thing i hate about being hipster child of the world, hot chips - my one true love, just aren't the same without)
    Fukyeah chicken salt ..... so Aussie!

Complexes are the best when you're lazy like me and don't like going heavy - let fatigue do the work then leave

Tue 12/4

1) LISS - 30 mins
    2) Snatch - 110 x 1, 100 x 16 EMOM
    3) Panda - 140 x 1, 125 x 5 EMOM
    Your idea of not going heavy is different to mine. Love the EMOM ...... closet CrossFitter

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

*edited to include actual real responses this time lul

Wait til you get to the state where all your social contacts are parents at kindy
    When i moved into my apartment, got invited by a member of the apartment committee to come drop by some time cos they can get into some real mischief har har har, legit wanted to ****ing sock him in the face for being so cringe. But yeah, it'll prob be the rapture before i'm ever forced to deal with that bitch Cindy from the parents and friends committee, har har har

I tend to get easily distracted ... I don't miss out on training and I'm easily swayed to stop for a drink or three
    And I was planning to go to a conference win Queenstown (AQUA = Annual Queenstown Update in Anaesthesia) but I figured I'm better off not head-butting any trees this year
    Consummate professional hurr, but i do have the worst luck when it comes to my flights getting diverted to YVR and CTS during the winter :/

Yeah .... I can't stay still too long .... climbing up to the temple would be cool; getting back to to sincerity would be better
    We did the elephant thing but we then spent 3 days with the 4 of us being guided over these mountain tracks by locals who spoke no English. Slept in reed huts, got lost in a cave, ate fresh killed pork, got e.coli ... all very cool. Could always find a beer somewhere, which was awesome
    Pretty cool, off the beaten path trips are always the best ones, things you actually have to work for vs. Egypt and Angkor which i really didn't like since it was a simple bus and walk. How far up did you get the pyramids hehe? Also, Singha or Chang?

I've already relearnt how to activate my lats to maintain stability on the rings .... it will take me a while but I'm hopeful
    And must confess ... I am a klutz ... had a builder checking damp from a leaking pipe last week. I moved a chest so he could get to the wall but forgot to move the antique plates and jug from the top. Felt pretty stupid cleaning up broken crockery around him
    Next is adductors for lower stability, helps to spread load from just lats, to lats-glutes-adductors (forgotten muscle that noone ever trains, apparently glutes and adductors need a 2:1 relationship, but most never train adductors so things become imbalanced and you get tracking issues like weak VMO, ITB, TFL etc etc)

You should prob start wearing a helmet round the house, could've been so much more worse lul

Fukyeah chicken salt ..... so Aussie!
    What the hell is up with our new fivers, they're so groce lul

Your idea of not going heavy is different to mine. Love the EMOM ...... closet CrossFitter
    Trying to learn patience against the clock, tend to rush things risking my shoulder

Thu 14/4

1) LISS - 30 mins
    2) FS+CR - 120 x 20+5 x 3
    3) HS+OHL - 80 x 2+20 steps x 3

Misc: Gonna be taking my fronts off the rack for the next month so i can really set my shoulders, then get TUT in that position via the widowmakers + calf raises which will also train foot balance in the jerk, then hang snatch into overhead lunges for shoulder stability via oscillation - jerk's really broken atm and deep down i know the fix is more side planks, but i'm also not mature enough to do them cos well, side planks, so will try everything else hehe
    Last edited by rallyum; 04-16-2016 at 12:14 AM. Reason: drinking DOMS = worst DOMS
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Hangover Saturdays 16/4

1) LISS - 20 mins
    2) C&SJ - 130 x 1, 120 x 16 EMOM
    3) SGDL - 190 x 1, 170 x 5 EMOM

Misc: Got drunk under the table last night by all the work chicks, little 99lb asian girls, then had to carry two of them home in my inebriated state, up valleys and flights of stairs, then walk home cos trains were off - body's autopilot system is amazing don't you guise think?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

[QUOTE=rallyum;1436399201]*edited to include actual real responses this time lul
    Now I'm wondering what the 'unreal' responses were

When i moved into my apartment, got invited by a member of the apartment committee to come drop by some time cos they can get into some real mischief har har har, legit wanted to ****ing sock him in the face for being so cringe. But yeah, it'll prob be the rapture before i'm ever forced to deal with that bitch Cindy from the parents and friends committee, har has har
    Ha ... you'll be dragged along eventually. I remember the first one where I had to listen to this parent who was a lawyer standing for the libs at the next election ... extreme silver spooner and narcissistic hard right. Could barely swallow my chardonnay

Consummate professional hurr, but i do have the worst luck when it comes to my flights getting diverted to YVR and CTS during the winter :/
    Terrible how you'd have to divert from HK to Vancouver
    I haven't skied in Japan for 7 years but there is the Hokkaido Trauma Conference in Rusutsu that's popular in our department

Pretty cool, off the beaten path trips are always the best ones, things you actually have to work for vs. Egypt and Angkor which i really didn't like since it was a simple bus and walk. How far up did you get the pyramids hehe? Also, Singha or Chang?
    We climbed all the way to the top of the 3rd pyramid (Menkaure's) at Giza and stood on the top .... I actually dragged my old scrap book out. These pics were taken in 1987!

On the way up ... this was my friend M who's now a cardiology professor at the Mayo Clinic with our guide
    We literally raced up at just before sunrise

This was a pic I took at the top of the pyramid 65m high

This was a montage I made of the view from the top ... you can see at the bottom left is the top of the pyramid we were standing on (that's where I had the camera resting), with the view towards Khufu's/Cheop's Pyramid

I had the camera and I've always regretted that I didn't ask him to take a pic of me at the top ... unfortunately the cops were down the bottom waiting so we only lingered a few minutes. Had to pay the cops £20 each when we got down

Apologies for hijacking your thread. Let me know if you want me to delete

Next is adductors for lower stability, helps to spread load from just lats, to lats-glutes-adductors (forgotten muscle that noone ever trains, apparently glutes and adductors need a 2:1 relationship, but most never train adductors so things become imbalanced and you get tracking issues like weak VMO, ITB, TFL etc etc)
    Interesting about the adductors: I've found that now that I'm activating the lats, when I'm doing ring supports I'm instinctively tensing the adductors and glutes to keep tight. I never train adductors specifically (as in good girl exercises) but the single leg work like step-ups/BSSs/lunges has really helped build up my VMOs

You should prob start wearing a helmet round the house, could've been so much more worse lul
    I was picking up shards of pottery thinking 'this could go really badly'

What the hell is up with our new fivers, they're so grace lul
    The yellow seeds look like someone laughed while they were eating fries and coughed up bits through their nose

Trying to learn patience against the clock, tend to rush things risking my shoulder

Thu 14/4

1) LISS - 30 mins
    2) FS+CR - 120 x 20+5 x 3
    3) HS+OHL - 80 x 2+20 steps x 3

Misc: Gonna be taking my fronts off the rack for the next month so i can really set my shoulders, then get TUT in that position via the widowmakers + calf raises which will also train foot balance in the jerk, then hang snatch into overhead lunges for shoulder stability via oscillation - jerk's really broken atm and deep down i know the fix is more side planks, but i'm also not mature enough to do them cos well, side planks, so will try everything else hehe
    True that about CrossFit ... that push to keep lifting heavy under fatigue is designed to FUBAR shoulders
    OK ... so if I'm right that's a 120FS for sets of 20 and doing 80kg OH lunges for 20 steps ... fuk that's a load of heavy work! OHSs are hard enough but doing that as lunges must be a huge challenge for stability. No way could I even do walking OH lunges with a bar ... can picture the intracranial bleed

Hangover Saturdays 16/4

1) LISS - 20 mins
    2) C&SJ - 130 x 1, 120 x 16 EMOM
    3) SGDL - 190 x 1, 170 x 5 EMOM

Misc: Got drunk under the table last night by all the work chicks, little 99lb asian girls, then had to carry two of them home in my inebriated state, up valleys and flights of stairs, then walk home cos trains were off - body's autopilot system is amazing don't you guise think?
    You know I hate you when I see SGDL @ 190. Love that EMOM C&SJ
    Autopilot exists at a macro level: can always find my way home. Can never find the toilet bowl when I need to chunder

And fukyeah .... Crows ate the Swans

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Keep going!!
    Aesthetic Nutsack Crew
    Plays with balls as I MISC Crew
    No underwear Crew
    Raw dog Crew

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I really suck at keeping journals

IN....... just because I understand....lol

Took me yrs to finally start one
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Now I'm wondering what the 'unreal' responses were
    Rushed beer o'clock responses hehe

Ha ... you'll be dragged along eventually. I remember the first one where I had to listen to this parent who was a lawyer standing for the libs at the next election ... extreme silver spooner and narcissistic hard right. Could barely swallow my chardonnay
    Illusion: Milfs and cougars. Reality: Anti-vaxxers, that bitch Cindy, and tuckshop lady arms

Terrible how you'd have to divert from HK to Vancouver
    I haven't skied in Japan for 7 years but there is the Hokkaido Trauma Conference in Rusutsu that's popular in our department
    Best powder and daughters will love - what's to think about?

We climbed all the way to the top of the 3rd pyramid (Menkaure's) at Giza and stood on the top .... I actually dragged my old scrap book out. These pics were taken in 1987!

On the way up ... this was my friend M who's now a cardiology professor at the Mayo Clinic with our guide
    We literally raced up at just before sunrise
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/alavende/50375379-3ff7-4ad8-a4dc-04473d568cb9_zpsrxilvtnx.jpg[IMG]

This was a pic I took at the top of the pyramid 65m high
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/alavende/54566da8-b4b5-486a-bb7f-eae233ba723e_zpsfgz4qgvv.jpg[IMG]

This was a montage I made of the view from the top ... you can see at the bottom left is the top of the pyramid we were standing on (that's where I had the camera resting), with the view towards Khufu's/Cheop's Pyramid
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/alavende/88d7efc7-bcfe-4058-b1f4-51f3fccf8119_zpsnn1dgcyz.jpg[IMG]

I had the camera and I've always regretted that I didn't ask him to take a pic of me at the top ... unfortunately the cops were down the bottom waiting so we only lingered a few minutes. Had to pay the cops £20 each when we got down

Apologies for hijacking your thread. Let me know if you want me to delete
    I'd like you to leave out of jelly, so freakin epic dude, must've felt like you were on top of the world!

Machu Picchu the same? And of course not, frandz let franz post whatever they want

Interesting about the adductors: I've found that now that I'm activating the lats, when I'm doing ring supports I'm instinctively tensing the adductors and glutes to keep tight. I never train adductors specifically (as in good girl exercises) but the single leg work like step-ups/BSSs/lunges has really helped build up my VMOs
    You can also add in wider than normal squatting/pulling, and these but start with your feet on the ground first but yeah, untapped gains for many as they are known as your fourth hamstring, make up 23% of your leg and equal to glutes and hams when it comes to hip extension

I was picking up shards of pottery thinking 'this could go really badly'
    Do i even need to ask if you used gloves or not?

The yellow seeds look like someone laughed while they were eating fries and coughed up bits through their nose
    They should've choked on it to save us the indignity of having to lay eyes, let alone use, such monstrosity - why are we so tacky?

True that about CrossFit ... that push to keep lifting heavy under fatigue is designed to FUBAR shoulders
    OK ... so if I'm right that's a 120FS for sets of 20 and doing 80kg OH lunges for 20 steps ... fuk that's a load of heavy work! OHSs are hard enough but doing that as lunges must be a huge challenge for stability. No way could I even do walking OH lunges with a bar ... can picture the intracranial bleed
    Helmet + pump weights hehe =^__^=

Relatively speaking doe, it's really just 59% widowmaker + 52% (of jerk) ohl - pretty doable. But yeah, overhead holds are awesome imo, if you do them at the end of bro day when there's a pump going, occludes all those by-products into the shoulder for extra awesome

You know I hate you when I see SGDL @ 190. Love that EMOM C&SJ
    Autopilot exists at a macro level: can always find my way home. Can never find the toilet bowl when I need to chunder
    <---- use to aim bathtub until bae had to bae it with shower curtains and it'd mortifyingly fly back at me

And fukyeah .... Crows ate the Swans
    Please delete this dumb comment

Originally Posted by JustBulk View Post
    Keep going!!
    Tanx, will trysaurus

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    IN....... just because I understand....lol

Took me yrs to finally start one
    Tanks, lurk yours too from time to time but am more ninja than poster

No workout today, coming down with old age and inability to recover from messy weekends
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol..nice
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    lol..nice
    Hehe, true story

Tue 19/4

1) Sprints - 800m x 4
    2) Snatch - 110 x 1, 102.5 x 16 EMOM
    3) Panda - 120 x 1, 107.5 x 5 EMOM

Misc: Thought this was pretty neat, why boxers hiss and people growl when lifting. And on a more deeper level, the idea of diverting sympathetic stress into your corecepts for improved performance - i.e. turning fear into something positive by moving all that nervous tension into the core for a sturdier spine and performance instead of just crumpling into a hyperventilately ball
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Illusion: Milfs and cougars. Reality: Anti-vaxxers, that bitch Cindy, and tuckshop lady arms
    Ha ..... I knew them all!

Best powder and daughters will love - what's to think about?
    Daughter no. 1 wants to go to Korea next year, I''m thinking Colorado, Miami and Cuba, and youngest is thinking about what she'll watch next on Netflix
    Never know ... one day could challenge you to a race ski vs board

I'd like you to leave out of jelly, so freakin epic dude, must've felt like you were on top of the world!

Machu Picchu the same? And of course not, frandz let franz post whatever they want
    Yes .... Machu Picchu was amazing! The walk to get there was just stunning and then when I got there, I'd seen it so many times in photos, but nothing prepares you for how majestic it is. We spent all day and I could have stayed longer .... I get very nerdy with history

You can also add in wider than normal squatting/pulling, and these but start with your feet on the ground first but yeah, untapped gains for many as they are known as your fourth hamstring, make up 23% of your leg and equal to glutes and hams when it comes to hip extension
    Very interesting stuff ..... my adductors may well be letting me down. I used to squat wider but that was how I strained the ITB last year. I am starting to squat a bit wider again though, That 'Bunkie side plank' is just sick .... I'm going to try that and I'm expecting a monumental fail.

Do i even need to ask if you used gloves or not?

They should've choked on it to save us the indignity of having to lay eyes, let alone use, such monstrosity - why are we so tacky?
    No gloves!
    And I blame Barnaby

Helmet + pump weights hehe =^__^=

Relatively speaking doe, it's really just 59% widowmaker + 52% (of jerk) ohl - pretty doable. But yeah, overhead holds are awesome imo, if you do them at the end of bro day when there's a pump going, occludes all those by-products into the shoulder for extra awesome
    Yeah, but whodafukelse has a 200kg front squat? :rolleyes

Tue 19/4

1) Sprints - 800m x 4
    2) Snatch - 110 x 1, 102.5 x 16 EMOM
    3) Panda - 120 x 1, 107.5 x 5 EMOM

Misc: Thought this was pretty neat, why boxers hiss and people growl when lifting. And on a more deeper level, the idea of diverting sympathetic stress into your corecepts for improved performance - i.e. turning fear into something positive by moving all that nervous tension into the core for a sturdier spine and performance instead of just crumpling into a hyperventilately ball
    Some great cues there ... I know that when I have a really good squat I've always seemed to make that link . I've got to try and make that more automatic

That snatch EMOM is just huge!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Ha ..... I knew them all!
    And there's always that one dipchit allergic to gluten

Daughter no. 1 wants to go to Korea next year, I''m thinking Colorado, Miami and Cuba, and youngest is thinking about what she'll watch next on Netflix
    Never know ... one day could challenge you to a race ski vs board
    Japan and Korea it is! See you in Dec mate =^__^=

Yes .... Machu Picchu was amazing! The walk to get there was just stunning and then when I got there, I'd seen it so many times in photos, but nothing prepares you for how majestic it is. We spent all day and I could have stayed longer .... I get very nerdy with history
    I like seeing countries develop, the rawness of Vietnam, Burma finding democracy etc etc. Cuba's really, really good if you ever get to go, legit like being in a timewarp

Very interesting stuff ..... my adductors may well be letting me down. I used to squat wider but that was how I strained the ITB last year. I am starting to squat a bit wider again though, That 'Bunkie side plank' is just sick .... I'm going to try that and I'm expecting a monumental fail.
    Probably, weakcept adductors usually lead to depth problems and lateral side issues - ERs become unchecked to block hip flexion, lack of medial stability leading to excessive lateral motion like ITB, LCL, ACL and FAI if you're super unlucky etc. Here's the regressed

No gloves!
    And I blame Barnaby
    Hehe at you stopping traffic the other day lmao

Yeah, but whodafukelse has a 200kg front squat?
    This chick has a triple bw, let's all feel bad about life

Some great cues there ... I know that when I have a really good squat I've always seemed to make that link . I've got to try and make that more automatic

That snatch EMOM is just huge!
    I've found if you're holding your breath throughout the movement, you've prob got a weak core - i.e. big breath to expand belleh for a bigger support base, and you're scared to release that when exhaling actually activates and stiffens the core for power to transfer through from the legs into the bar vs. it trying to go through jelly belly - like a balloon, it can either float up agonisingly slow, or fly by letting the air go

Thu 20/4

1) LISS - 30 mins
    2) FS+CR - 122.5 x 20+5 x 3
    3) HS+OHL - 82.5 x 2+1 song x 3

Misc: Have a good Friday all!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Japan and Korea it is! See you in Dec mate =^__^=
    Be careful what you wish for

I like seeing countries develop, the rawness of Vietnam, Burma finding democracy etc etc. Cuba's really, really good if you ever get to go, legit like being in a timewarp
    I've been thinking about Burma (seen some cruises on the Irrawaddy advertised) but I'd like to get into the real country ... I've got a few friends who have been doctoring in Burma for around 15 years. One of them published a book of photos to raise money
    (I had to try and post a link the way you do .... hehe it worked!)

Probably, weakcept adductors usually lead to depth problems and lateral side issues - ERs become unchecked to block hip flexion, lack of medial stability leading to excessive lateral motion like ITB, LCL, ACL and FAI if you're super unlucky etc. Here's the regressed
    That's a pretty good description of what happened to me the last time I got my squats up to 165 ... had trouble getting deep and got a TFL/ITB strain that would not go away. I had to narrow my stance right in and I've done a lot of single leg work that's helped build up the adductor strength and filled out the VMOs. I'm feeling better placed to progress than last year but there's always more to do .... looks like I'd better add adductor specific work

Hehe at you stopping traffic the other day lmao
    The worst hold-up was when a young asian lady in a Lexus was too scared to drive over the median strip ... a guy driving a Coles truck got out and directed her around while I was hiding behind a tree

This chick has a triple bw, let's all feel bad about life : (
    OK .... that is just fcuking awesome .... and she's hot
    Mind you ... you're not far off a 3 x BW FS .... not hot though

I've found if you're holding your breath throughout the movement, you've prob got a weak core - i.e. big breath to expand belleh for a bigger support base, and you're scared to release that when exhaling actually activates and stiffens the core for power to transfer through from the legs into the bar vs. it trying to go through jelly belly - like a balloon, it can either float up agonisingly slow, or fly by letting the air go
    I think I've got a strong core and I do exhale on the concentric but I do have to work at settling down and controlling my breathing ... that's the big problem with my deads when my head starts messing up, and I also tend to start panting before a big squat.

Thu 20/4

1) LISS - 30 mins
    2) FS+CR - 122.5 x 20+5 x 3
    3) HS+OHL - 82.5 x 2+1 song x 3

Misc: Have a good Friday all!
    It was a good Friday until Hawthorn just beat the Crows by 2 points
    And WTF @ FS 122.5 x 20 ... awesome work Ral
    Last edited by fittofattofit; 04-22-2016 at 05:43 AM.

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Be careful what you wish for
    Let me know so i can run away, i like where my shoulders are located atm

I've been thinking about Burma (seen some cruises on the Irrawaddy advertised) but I'd like to get into the real country ... I've got a few friends who have been doctoring in Burma for around 15 years. One of them published a book of photos to raise money
    (I had to try and post a link the way you do .... hehe it worked!)
    I think you'd really like Ha Long Bay and Vietnam in general - from chaotic city to wanderlusty nature, crazy traffic and loud markets to pretty lanterns at night, place just buzzes

That's a pretty good description of what happened to me the last time I got my squats up to 165 ... had trouble getting deep and got a TFL/ITB strain that would not go away. I had to narrow my stance right in and I've done a lot of single leg work that's helped build up the adductor strength and filled out the VMOs. I'm feeling better placed to progress than last year but there's always more to do .... looks like I'd better add adductor specific work
    Just get good at sumo, will complement your deads anyway for two birds one stone

The worst hold-up was when a young asian lady in a Lexus was too scared to drive over the median strip ... a guy driving a Coles truck got out and directed her around while I was hiding behind a tree
    Lmao, i'd crawl into a ditch too if the reason for my breakdown was lack of petrol - how'd you end up resolving?

OK .... that is just fcuking awesome .... and she's hot
    Mind you ... you're not far off a 3 x BW FS .... not hot though
    My wallet > yours atm, i'm plenty hot hehe

I think I've got a strong core and I do exhale on the concentric but I do have to work at settling down and controlling my breathing ... that's the big problem with my deads when my head starts messing up, and I also tend to start panting before a big squat.
    It's more reaction time than strength when it comes to core, e.g. an athlete can't exactly run around holding their breath or bracing their core for spinal stability cos that's just awks, they instead need a core that's fast enough to react to getting blindsided, sudden changes in direction etc. Same with lifting except getting blindsided is a random buckle from unseen weakness, changes in direction is core getting smaller after exhale etc, all done at high speed due to heavy weight. So you might have a strong core that allows you to finish a lift from a bad position, but not fast enough to save you from injury in the process - i believe the buzzword for it is having a reflexive core, and this is a pretty good vid on it where the guy is strong enough to hold a plank, but not reactive enough to save himself from bad positions when it should be insta-reflex

Hehe hai twinsie! i'm the same with snatches and have been getting over it by sprinting then hitting warmup snatches after so i get practice at bracing against a gaspey core + vid now. Gives me something to fall back on in distress and nothing really compares to the death you feel after a 400/800m, so it brings perspective

It was a good Friday until Hawthorn just beat the Crows by 2 points
    And WTF @ FS 122.5 x 20 ... awesome work Ral
    3 to be exact =^___^=

Hangover Saturdays - i've really gotta start making better choices, or friends 23/4

1) LISS - 20 mins
    2) C&SJ - 135 x 1, 122.5 x 16 EMOM
    3) SGDL - 180 x 1, 162.5 x 8 EMOM

Misc: Memories of the Sword is a really good asian movie if anyone's looking for something to watch over the weekend
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c('')('')