Registered User ErikCarranzaFit's Avatar
    ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikCarranzaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What to do when everyone keeps asking you to be their training partner??

I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate section to post this question, but I am new to bodybuilding.com and this is my first ever posted question. My question is does anyone else have the problem of everyone asking to be your training partner but haven't figured out a polite way to say no to these people without coming across as an a-hole? Lol I have been fairly successful at creating a muscular physique and I don't mind answering questions between sets every now and then but I honestly prefer to workout alone with just me and my music with no talking, this is how I best enter my zone and state of flow. However, I feel like those people who are asking don't realize how many other people ask to train with me as well and there is no way I could say yes to everyone anyways. I can't be the only one who experiences this issue, how do you handle it without coming across as rude? Any ideas on a good way to handle this are appreciated.
    Erik

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "No thanks, I prefer to train alone."

If they don't get the hint then they are the *******, not you.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErikCarranzaFit View Post
    I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate section to post this question, but I am new to bodybuilding.com and this is my first ever posted question. My question is does anyone else have the problem of everyone asking to be your training partner but haven't figured out a polite way to say no to these people without coming across as an a-hole? Lol I have been fairly successful at creating a muscular physique and I don't mind answering questions between sets every now and then but I honestly prefer to workout alone with just me and my music with no talking, this is how I best enter my zone and state of flow. However, I feel like those people who are asking don't realize how many other people ask to train with me as well and there is no way I could say yes to everyone anyways. I can't be the only one who experiences this issue, how do you handle it without coming across as rude? Any ideas on a good way to handle this are appreciated.
    I don't experience this issue because I simply don't appear "approachable" in the gym. I think a lot of this has to do with body language and friendly vibes you are giving off, whether consciously or not. I'm always afraid people will interrupt my concentration, so from the beginning I walk onto the floor with the "eye of the tigress" (I look intense..lol), don't make eye contact (even if some are) or smile, warm-up purposefully, etc... In other words, people read my body language to mean I'm all business- works extremely well in most cases. I think if you're new to a certain gym, that's when people are most curious and want to get to know you or ask questions about your training (assuming you look like an expert). But when people approach and you're not interested, just tactfully tell them you appreciate their compliments and you'd be happy to answer a few questions after your training, but you always get the best results training alone. As gbullock bluntly well-stated, they should get the hint fast!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

personality

Originally Posted by ErikCarranzaFit View Post
    Seems like you just have an outgoing personality. Also maybe you always see the same people at the gym daily so they are developing a connection with you. Perhaps, you have help home acquire gains. Up to you man. A training partner can be good. If your certified train them perhaps under the table. I have done that. Up to you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class