Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Flat foot surgery update. Doc says deadlifts are okay, but not squats.

So, I had my one foot done and the other one has yet to be done. My doctor originally told me I would have no restrictions once I heal up from surgery. Well, I don't see my doctor until the 4th of March, but my godfather talked to him, because we have the same foot doctor. I talked to my godfather tonight on the phone and the doctor told him to tell me, that deadlifts are fine but I have to wait awhile(which I knew) until I can do them again. He doesn't recommend ever doing squats again though. He didn't flat out say not to do them, but just that he doesn't recommend them. I'm confused how deadlifts would be okay but not squats and honestly I am a bit upset, considering I've always wanted to reach the 400 mark on squats and deadlifts and have never been able to due to messed up feet. I wish I could find some lifters who have had foot surgery, but web forums and google haven't shown any results.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you need to have this conversation with your doctor. Is he aware that you train? What does he suggest that you do instead? You might want a second opinion.

Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shizneen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    you need to have this conversation with your doctor. Is he aware that you train? What does he suggest that you do instead? You might want a second opinion.
    Yeah, he's well aware. It's important to note since I'm not sure if it comes across this what the way that I wrote it, the foot doctor(podiatrist) I'm seeing is the person who performed surgery on me. He is well aware that I lift and I asked him before surgery if I'll be able to lift once I heal. He initially told me I wouldn't have any limitations. Now, maybe he just told my godfather I shouldn't squat just because he believes squats are hard on your feet in general; which from what my godfather told me seems to be the case. I don't get why deadlifts wouldn't be just as hard, the weight of 400 pounds is still going to transfer to my feet. The only thing I can thing of, is maybe ATG squats might cause more of an issues, because of the depth. That can obvious be worked around by doing powerlifting style parallel squats, which I'm used to doing anyway. I'm obviously just guessing here though.

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would get in touch with the doctor yourself. No playing a game of telephone where things can be misunderstood or misquoted. Talk to him yourself and see what his position is.

My orthopedic surgeon is against lifting and the gym in general because he feels people are going to lift more than they should and wind up hurt. Ask him specifically why he feels squats are a no and DL are a yes. Go from there once you know his reasons.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by nitefeatherz View Post
    I would get in touch with the doctor yourself. No playing a game of telephone where things can be misunderstood or misquoted. Talk to him yourself and see what his position is.

My orthopedic surgeon is against lifting and the gym in general because he feels people are going to lift more than they should and wind up hurt. Ask him specifically why he feels squats are a no and DL are a yes. Go from there once you know his reasons.
    I talked to my podiatrist/surgeon and he told me I can do squats again, but it's just going to be a while. I told him, I'd wait as long as it takes. Currently, I'm just learning how to walk again, before he does the other foot.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A much more sensible answer from your doctor. When you do get the green light start out with a bare bar (no weight) and work on form for awhile and then start adding weight, a little at first, at a rate you can tolerate. Assuming you progress well in rehab, you will find that you can get back to where you were fairly quickly.

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    A much more sensible answer from your doctor. When you do get the green light start out with a bare bar (no weight) and work on form for awhile and then start adding weight, a little at first, at a rate you can tolerate. Assuming you progress well in rehab, you will find that you can get back to where you were fairly quickly.
    Thanks. I was actually going to start with just body weight and mobility stretches. I'll have to wait a few months until I even know when I'll be able to start again, but that's okay.

raymond3412 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Shizneen View Post
    Thanks. I was actually going to start with just body weight and mobility stretches. I'll have to wait a few months until I even know when I'll be able to start again, but that's okay.

Hey I am also flat footed and was wondering what led you to get the surgery done.Also, what improvements in your lifting have you noticed after getting the surgery? I have my surgery booked two weeks from now but I'm having second thoughts as to if its worth it to get an arch back,and have my foot realigned. I hope you are able to respond back.