Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deadlift day today. Triples at 115,125,135
    Followed by 10x60 squats and then
    box squats, 4x80,4x85,3x90,2x95

DB press I did 3 sets of 7 with the 20kgs
    Did some unweighted hanging leg raises, seemed to be OK on my shoulder. I miss them.
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still moving heavy weights around, I see! WTG!!!

Originally Posted by melDorado View Post
    Didn't wanna do RDLs after regular deads yesterday but did deficit pulls against the pins 4x2. I know it's a weird exercise but ima keep on with them because my deadlift went up 15kg in 3 months I was doing them.
    That sounds interesting, I'm trying to picture the set-up in my head but I'm coming up blank lol. What height do you have the pins at?

Decided to do floor press to replace ohp can't come up with anything else. Just started off doing 45 to get used to it. But I like it. It means I can strengthen my 2nd half of ROM which is weak half. Also I can press without having to ask for a lift off which is getting annoying already. And I can push myself without a spot, I find being spotted annoying too.
    I like floor press too, I just never do it often for some reason. Well, actually I do know why I don't do it at my regular gym. Because the floor is usually disgusting and I don't want to volunteer to lay on it lol.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice deadlifting Mel!
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    I like floor press too, I just never do it often for some reason. Well, actually I do know why I don't do it at my regular gym. Because the floor is usually disgusting and I don't want to volunteer to lay on it lol.
    There's a fine layer of protein bar goop and poo on the floor, probably.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    There's a fine layer of protein bar goop and poo on the floor, probably.
    Also gum, dried spit, unexplainable sticky spots and tumbleweeds of human hair. "Hey, I think I'll get on the floor" said no one at my gym, ever.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi guys been busy lately with work and my son's 18th birthday which was great, can't believe I now own an adult male. Being terminally single this is quite a novelty for me lol
    Anyway lolz at the floor fear itsagoodday, I guess that's the downside of having a cool hardcore rough gym...
    Mine is very clean but I have to say it's really messy, people leave so much crap everywhere and there's loads of bars in a tiny gym and people leave loaded bars all over the floor, nobody cares. Always strip my bars crew

As for the isometric pulls the idea is to strengthen lower part of lift. I put the pins on the lowest setting in my rack, so the bar gets stuck just below my knees. I do with 2 plates which is about 65% my 1rm and 2" deficit and try to speed pull then grind as long as I can against the pins. Feels beast!

Squat day. Didn't feel v motivated today but got the job done anyway
    5x85, 5x90, 5x95, 3x100, 3x105
    Depth was bit borderline on last set
    https://youtu.be/R0MgAqRbPc0

RDL did 5s of 100,105,110 felt quite easy too
    Decided to do rack pulls, 3 sets of 3 at 155
    Finished with some BB rows 6x60
    Last edited by melDorado; 05-03-2016 at 11:38 AM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi guys been busy lately with work and my son's 18th birthday which was great, can't believe I now own an adult male. Being terminally single this is quite a novelty for me lol
    Lol! Happy b-day to him.

Way to fight those squat reps, looked heavy but you conquered like a Spartan warrior!
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Way to fight those squat reps, looked heavy
    Damn felt heavy too

But my traps today after those heavy rack pulls omg
    Also got marks on my wrists from the straps which look like I been doing some 50 shades type action according to my workmates!

Bench day, I've lost my way with what I'm doing for bench. Need to do some research and decide what to do. Tried just triples today, but they turned out to be just doubles except the first set. Did 4 sets at 60 then amrap 57.5 only got 3. Took me like an hour plus to do that but my crew were in so I was probably just wasting time with them
    DB Rows 32.5 3 sets6, 3 sets chest supported 8x50, then the fire alarm went off..

Took ages before they let us back in, although it was a nice hot day and there were some hot boxers nearby to stare at.
    Eventually did 2x8 inverted rows with my feet up and my reverse flies 8kg.
    Dips 3x5 with 3.75kg
    Floor press did 3 sets 50, 52.5, 55 can't remember how many reps I did now, last one was 3. Left 2hours 45 min after I arrived, got to be a record... for essentially not doing that much lol

MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bench day, I've lost my way with what I'm doing for bench. Need to do some research and decide what to do. Tried just triples today, but they turned out to be just doubles except the first set. Did 4 sets at 60 then amrap 57.5 only got 3. Took me like an hour plus to do that but my crew were in so I was probably just wasting time with them
    DB Rows 32.5 3 sets6, 3 sets chest supported 8x50, then the fire alarm went off..

Took ages before they let us back in, although it was a nice hot day and there were some hot boxers nearby to stare at.
    Eventually did 2x8 inverted rows with my feet up and my reverse flies 8kg.
    Dips 3x5 with 3.75kg
    Floor press did 3 sets 50, 52.5, 55 can't remember how many reps I did now, last one was 3. Left 2hours 45 min after I arrived, got to be a record... for essentially not doing that much lol
    you are quiet the hoot oh boy what a day you had as far as chatting, some oggleing topped off with a fire alarm...sounds like a good day to me nice job with the rows and dips *thumbs up* it wasn't wasted time just a full day at the gym...

Solid lifting!!!

can't believe I now own an adult male
    LOL! Happy b-day to your son! If I thought owning adult males was legal around here, I'd go out and get a few myself.

As for the isometric pulls the idea is to strengthen lower part of lift. I put the pins on the lowest setting in my rack, so the bar gets stuck just below my knees. I do with 2 plates which is about 65% my 1rm and 2" deficit and try to speed pull then grind as long as I can against the pins. Feels beast!
    Interesting, thanks!!! There's a guy at my gym who keeps telling me to do something similar with bench, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it up with the equipment we have. I think I'd need two pairs of adjustable safeties, and we only have one rack with one pair of those lol.

Also got marks on my wrists from the straps which look like I been doing some 50 shades type action according to my workmates!
    Admit to nothing, just let them worry about it

then the fire alarm went off..

Sounds to me like boxers were so hot they set off the fire alarm

Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
    you are quiet the hoot oh boy what a day you had as far as chatting, some oggleing topped off with a fire alarm...sounds like a good day to me nice job with the rows and dips *thumbs up* it wasn't wasted time just a full day at the gym...
    Thanks for dropping by my journal Alice. Oh it's all fun at the gym for me, that's why I'm in it, for good times lifting
    There is a slight lack of guy candy though, my little oly gym is in a massive building full of other athletes but I rarely see them

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Solid lifting!!!

LOL! Happy b-day to your son! If I thought owning adult males was legal around here, I'd go out and get a few myself.

Interesting, thanks!!! There's a guy at my gym who keeps telling me to do something similar with bench, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it up with the equipment we have. I think I'd need two pairs of adjustable safeties, and we only have one rack with one pair of those

Sounds to me like boxers were so hot they set off the fire alarm
    That actually sounds a great idea with the isometric benching, but Ima try it with caution as every 10th time I do the pulls the pins come out of their slots and it goes wrong, could be scary benching! We have 2 racks tho so I will try it when gym is emptyish.
    Smoking hawk amazing powerlifter gave me his bench prog which calls for chains, yikes. Asked if I could go all Westside in the gym and surprising they said yes. So now I need to construct some. Hawk says chains >>floor press so...
    Also bought some 0.5kg plates so I can do proper progression on bench. Quite excited, my shoulder is good and I'm gonna make that BW bench happen!

So much lolz yes it's obvious now must of been the smokin boxers

Deadlift day today
    Triples were 117.5_ 127.5, 137.5
    Felt heavy on the middle set then I realised I forgot to put my belt on after my warm up sets lol. So put it on for final set
    10x60 squts then box squats,
    Git an extra rep on every set, add weight next week. Did 5x80, 5x85, 4x90, 3x95.
    I think they will be a good substitute for front squats. Anything as long as I don't have to do lunges....
    DB press 3x8 with the 20 kgs. There was a lad next to me doing the 22.5s so I felt mini proud lol. I regularly kick guys asses on legs but never on presses eh

Smoking hawk amazing powerlifter gave me his bench prog which calls for chains, yikes. Asked if I could go all Westside in the gym and surprising they said yes. So now I need to construct some. Hawk says chains >>floor press so...
    Ooooh, never tried with chains but dying to try them some time. That, and board presses. I had to enroll my bench back into kindergarten for now though, it doesn't get to play with fun stuff for a while until I get the basics squared away lol.

And whoa, 300x3 on deads

I regularly kick guys asses on legs but never on presses eh
    LOL! On the rare occasion when I out-press a guy, it's usually some scrawny teenage boy and then I feel bad about it

Deadlift day today
    Triples were 117.5_ 127.5, 137.5
    Wow those are some heavy ass deads!!
    Current PRs:

Thanks guys for mirin on my deads, I've always been strong on them and loved doing them.
    I would like to pull 165 at my meet, but ultimately hit 4 plates, I believe it's possible.

Anyway squat day today
    Did 5x87.5, 4x92.5, 3x97.5, 3x102.5, 2x107.5
    Forgot to put my belt on AGAIN til 3rd set wtf wrong with me lol

RDL did 2sets of 5 at 107.5kg
    Then 4x2 pulls against the pins.

Did DB press because I won't be able to do it the day after bench day, 3x8 with 20s

Gonna just do some singles on bench this week then start my new prog next week. My 0.5kg plates are so cute

Bench day, just warmed up and did 3 paused singles, 60, 62.5 and 65 which well I've only ever done 65 once, for misc bench comp. Then I injured my shoulder and I didn't try 65 at my meet. But the 65 felt better today no grind. So like mentally I'm over my injury and I can still bench as strong and start my new prog in a good mindset yay
    Rows done my 3x6x32.5 DB rows
    50kg chest supported wide grip 2x8 and 52.5 x6
    Underhand bent BB 3x6x60

Dips 3x5 with 5kg on belt
    And did 2x8 CGBP 40kg.

I need to catch up on everyone's journals too, been ages.
    Been busy watching European championships here's the link if anyone fancies it

http://www.europowerlifting.org/

We're off to five guys now for my birthday meal yay. See you on the other side of 2000 exquisite calories....
    Last edited by melDorado; 05-13-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How is 5 Guys in the UK?

The 5 Guys in DC was good at making fries, but they were kind of a hot mess on the burgers and hot dogs. One time, I went there and they were out of buns. They gave me a burger wrapped in foil.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Hi partyrocking, they're pretty good in the UK well awesome really, definitely the best burgers I've ever had. We've only had 5 guys for about a year. The fries omg I don't even like fries and I never eat them but 5G fries are unbelievable.

Deadlift day today
    Triples were 120, 130, 140
    Remembered to put on my belt!
    I never video my DLs so I thought I would and post here, here's my top set

https://youtu.be/Ed92h02gkn0

Lol I lost my balance at the top of the first pull and nearly fell over. Could of had myself a classic gym fail there

Box squats I did 80, 87.5, 92.5, 97.5
    I got 4 reps on every set because I felt wicked strong. Must be due to the five guys...
    Just did my weighted leg raises and planks and that's it

Nice progress on the benching getting back to your best weights. What happened with the shoulder the other time?
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    The 5 Guys in DC was good at making fries, but they were kind of a hot mess on the burgers and hot dogs. One time, I went there and they were out of buns. They gave me a burger wrapped in foil.
    LMAO

Hi partyrocking, they're pretty good in the UK well awesome really, definitely the best burgers I've ever had. We've only had 5 guys for about a year. The fries omg I don't even like fries and I never eat them but 5G fries are unbelievable.
    ^^^THIS, holy hnngggg!
    Current PRs: