Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Smells like Cheesecake Nadakelvin's Avatar
    Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Day 51. Shoulders.

These days are flying by a little too quick for my liking. Day 51... WTF?? Killed Shoulders. Weather suddenly turned from a summery spring to rain and 60 mile an hour winds so I went late to the gym. Only going to be a few hours and it will be day 52 and leg day.

Psychologically at the moment I'm a split personality. I have come a long way in cardio and strength. I eat cleaner than bleached stainless steel under a UV light. I can see and feel changes for the better. But my head plays with me. I get impatient. There is the nagging voice in the head that says " you still look fat" " I feel bloated" " there will be loose skin". Most of the time I duct tape glue and nail that voice into a deep dark corner and hope it suffocates on its own fears. But it pops up. I can stay on top of it. It is momentary. But it is soooo annoying. Amazing how getting on top of it requires reminding myself of all the positives just to get over a couple of negatives. Some times I wonder if that voice pops up just because it's a time in between meals and hours away from a workout. Maybe it is my brains warped way of getting me to get my motivation on.

Anyway time to sleep. Leg day coming up. My favourite day of the week.
    Stay motivated beautiful people.
    Results may vary. If pain persists see Kris Gethin, C T Fletcher, or Jim Stoppani and HTFU.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Day 52. Legs

I'll keep it short. Cuz I trained legs so hard my hair hurts.

Tomorrow chest and back. At least I can sit down for that.
    Results may vary. If pain persists see Kris Gethin, C T Fletcher, or Jim Stoppani and HTFU.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 53. Chest and triceps.

So today was spent in bed with a migraine that felt like a sledgehammer had made love to my skull. But I have managed to sleep that off. So a nice healthy dinner. Give it an hour or so to go down and I'll head to the gym to kill it again.

After a couple of days of feeling bloated and the motivation not being quite on point, I am feeling that surge of motivation that wants to be an absolute animal. I'm hoping that I can ride that motivation through for the rest of the week. If I could feel this motivated 24/7 I would be set. Just need to find the way to keep it this high as often as possible. I'm finding that martial arts videos and gym motivation videos help if the mood is a little lower than usual. It's all a learning experience. At least these days it's not a case of being motivated to train. That is a must do on a daily basis. Now it is just a game of making sure the motivation when I get there is as high as possible.

Keep it focussed beautiful people.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000) BigBigTony is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fukkin awesome log. Subbed.

Feel like you express exactly where I've been. Where i am. You got a good way with words.
    Live Free or Die.

If he's big Tony, then who the hell am I? Oh-you're BigBigTony.

It was time to change the sig, so I did.

Day 54. Back and Biceps.

Went and got another 10 pounds of Optimum nutrition Whey protein. This time i settled on Double rich chocolate. Last one was 10 pounds of Cookies and Cream. Was going to go with Rocky road but i think i really want to sample that before i commit to 10 pounds of it.

Going to be another late night session at the gym today. My sleep patterns have been flipped on their head again. After training last night i couldn't sleep at all. So i got up did some design work for a friends business and finally got to bed at 5am. I am pretty much nocturnal as it is. so I'm not really bothered as long as a get my sleep somewhere during the day its all good.

Think tonight Im going to just keep pushing my arms and back until it hurts to look at a weight. I have a major energy burst from somewhere and i want to cash in on it. Hopefully if i push hard enough i can get to sleep at a semi decent hour.

Keep crushing each day as it comes beautiful people.

Footnote to Day 54.

Gentlemen. PLEASE. If you have a tendency to smell like a corpse that has been eating blue cheese in a dumpster full of frightened skunks. Have a shower before coming to the gym. Also the antiseptic wipes aren't there as a replacement for flower displays. Wipe your skanky self off the equipment before you go and stench it up in a corner on your phone. Think about other peoples comfort in an environment you share. First time since i was present for someones high pressure squatting accident years ago that i have had to leave a gym tonight because of someone elses body odor.
    Last edited by Nadakelvin; 10-19-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 56 Rest day.

Had a great time at a BBQ with friends last night. Kept the calorie count low most of the day just so I could have a couple of beers and a decent size steak. Enjoyed it at the time. Woke up at 2 am feeling bloated and disgusting. I think my body has turned on me completely. I would feel better if I had just had a normal meal and water with it. As usual a good dose of the gym and back to clean routine and I will feel better. Just honestly have felt depressed all day. I have no idea how I used to drink 5 times that most nights and eat junk food. No wonder I was depressed and cranky.

Back in the gym tomorrow an it's all going to be better. Strict clean until at least Christmas. That will be moderation too.

Hope you are all hitting goals and feeling great.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 57. Chest and triceps.

3 AM gym session on a Sunday morning. Nothing beats having a whole gym to yourself. Music blaring. Squeezing those last reps on each set until you are shaking and ready to blow a gasket. Also today I gave myself a stern talking to over my avoidance of ab exercises. All up did 70 sit ups in this mornings session. Talk about a pleasant surprise. When i started back at this gig 70 sit ups would have been counted in half reps getting out of bed each day.

As your health improves on the journey you will surprise yourself with the things you are able to do. I hated ab exercises for the same reason any person with extra weight does. They are uncomfortable. When you have a belly you cant sit up all the way. Your back hurts. You cant breath while you are doing them. Today was the turning point for me on them. I can comfortably rep out ab exercises in sets until it burns. It has turned sit ups from an awkward thing that i was embarrassed to do in the gym to another thing i can do. Something else i can look forward to that helps with my goals. That shift in perspective is something you will find in small doses all along the journey. The weights get heavier. The cardio gets more intense. You can do more than you could yesterday. Celebrate those victories. When something that was once a cause for anxiety becomes something you take in your stride and look forward to, then you know you are succeeding in what you are doing.

I believe in you guys. You got this handled. Go crush the day beautiful people.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great log! Subbed
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

Day 58. Shoulders

Another 3AM workout with the gym to myself. Kept the cardio to just a warm up. I will be doing some bag work later today. But as for shoulders they got murdered. Feeling a little flat today. Think i may need to rework my meals and get in some more naps. I think this afternoon is going to be nap city.

I am zoning out at the keyboard here. Time for peanut butter.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bohman731 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nadakelvin View Post
    That shift in perspective is something you will find in small doses all along the journey. The weights get heavier. The cardio gets more intense. You can do more than you could yesterday. Celebrate those victories. When something that was once a cause for anxiety becomes something you take in your stride and look forward to, then you know you are succeeding in what you are doing.
    Those victories you are talking about have helped keep me stay motivated during my journey as well. I think its important to try and notice as many of those along the way that you can and try to stay excited about every little inch of progress. Stay the path.

Day 61.

Been in bed for a couple of days with stomach flu. Looks like the tail end of it today. Will be back to fighting form tomorrow. Its a good thing i can move rest days around. Tomorrow will be leg day. Get back to it on my favorite day of the week.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 62 Legs.

Good to be back in the hot seat again. My legs are Jelly.

Found out an interesting fact from my doctor. My original weight he had recorded for me was 142 Kg (312 lbs). I have weighed in at 125 Kg (275 lbs) this week. So my total loss so far is 17kg (37.4 lbs). I don't know about you but that seems to me like a reason to celebrate with peanut butter and some Optimum Nutrition Double chocolate whey protein. (Don't tell me i don't know how to party)

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SullyPHD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nadakelvin View Post
    Day 62 Legs.

Good to be back in the hot seat again. My legs are Jelly.
    Get em. First post in ... a long time!

Day 63. Chest and triceps.

Good efficient workout. Got in there and got fkn angry at the iron. Made that sh!t move with form and purpose.

Was a little late with the report because Destiny 2 is making me play it..... Only a few hours and its back and biceps. For now i shall relax by killing it in PvP.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 72. I'm still alive. Blame my ISP for my internet absence.

I have been doing all the usual things. Picking up and putting down heavy sh!t. Had a couple of extra days off.

Good news is i have lost another 3kg ( 6.6 pounds)

So i celebrate internet re connection with a milestone event of 20Kg ( 44 pounds) of weight loss. You have carried one of those plates across the gym. That is no small amount of weight to have been carrying around. I'm pretty damn proud of myself at the moment.

Hope you are all hitting your goals

Love and cuddles
    Lex

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great to see you back and killin it with the workouts!...great job on the weightloss so far too!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Guess who is back.

It has been a while. Watch this space. I need to update the forum sig. I have lost another 8kg (17.6lb) for a total of 28kg (61.6lb)

Are we feeling motivated yet?

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Planning and accountability are key. So lets get caught up and move on to putting the plan together again.

Poor excuse list is as follows:

Deaths in the family.
    Illness /depression/ laziness.
    Choosing to build a new house just before the pandemic and having the build drag out to three years instead of the promised six months.
    Various other pathetic terrible excuses.

I decided to get a 50,000 mile check up with the doctor. I was terrified that he would be telling me i was on deaths door. All my tests came back looking amazing except for my cholesterol being a little high. So I crossed out that excuse. Clear to exercise.

I have started eating clean again and hydrating adequately. I will need to ease into the cardio with walking and body weight exercise. Throwing iron around will follow soon, but after the last few years I think this time it will be a home gym instead of a gym membership. That way there is no outside control. I can step into my garage and hit the treadmill and iron.

Composition wise I am at 117kg (257lb) and according to the scale 33% body fat.
    The goal is to get to 100kg (220lb) at around 12%bf. Huge shift in composition. I think i will cut to my BF goal first and see where i sit on the scale. Then hit a clean bulk. I want some size but not to the point of losing flexibility. I am not in it to go into competition or get in a cage at my age anymore. I just want to be healthy and extend the time i have with those that i love.

So tomorrow i will calculate macros. Cutting deficit.
    Ease into cardio until I am back at my old disgusting levels. Then when things settle in the next few weeks I will see what can be done about shifting into 12 week cycles with daily logs. (Still have some intense extended family things needing to settle after losses in the family. But that is all coming along well.)

Hopefully I can get back to giving some form of hope to those finding it hard to grind out. I have pause many times over the years. Life does that to you. But getting back on the horse is what counts. Opinions of those not in the arena or in the fight are meaningless. We are here to support and encourage each other. That is what this forum is for. If you wanna ride shotgun, you are welcome to come along for the ride.

Love and cuddles
    Lex

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Supplements added today:
    Fish oil
    Acetyl L Carnatine
    Multivitamin.

Starting stage on a cut before throwing weights around a gain. Once the weights start we add Creatine and ON Gold Whey protein.

Lets get into the numbers.

Weight: 117kg (257lb)
    BF%: 33
    BMR: 2253

This gives me a lean mass of around 78kg (171.6 lb) (so some muscle atrophy as expected from the time off) and 39kg (86 lb) of fat.
    The first part of the goal is to be down to somewhere around 12-15% body fat before I start a clean bulk. That means aiming for 88-90ish kg (195 ish pounds). That means cutting around 27kg (60lb) of fat. Somewhere around that point i will clean bulk and change things up as I go so that I land at the final goal of 100kg (220lb) at 10-12% BF.

Starting the initial cut I am aiming at 1-2kg a week depending on the body reaction to the change. If done in twelve week blocks it could take up to six months to hit the final result of the cut. It could take as little as three. But that's what logs planning and adjustment are for. If it is a steady rate with optimum nutrition and the fat is getting stripped it is all good.

As for macros. I like my splits to lean a little more into the protein and fats than the carbs. I feel a little cleaner that way. So Probably 50p/30c/20f to start and then monkey with the math to dial in the clean feel.

So with light exercise at the moment calorie count should be around 2300, moderate around 2500 and when I get to heavy routine 5 days a week again it will be around 2750. As always these numbers will be recalculated every time the scale moves so I don't end up eating at maintenance or in an accidental refeed or bulk from being lazy.

Meal planner should be on the way with some good clean variety.
    Water tracking needs to be on point for at least a gallon (4 litres) a day.

Already feeling clean and mean. You champions go hit those goals. They are yours for the taking.

Love and cuddles
    Lex

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't be nearly so hard on yourself. I fell off the wagon about 3 years ago for similar reasons - family deaths that lead to deep depression and anxiety and a general lack of motivation or ability to do anything for a while. I'm in a much better head space now and after finding out that I've reached an all-time high weight of 216 lbs at my yearly physical the other week I've decided to get back on track and dusted off my old workout logs. Perhaps an update of my thread is also in order, although I'm not sure if anyone that was following it is active anymore...
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173571151