Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Smells like Cheesecake Nadakelvin's Avatar
    Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Day 20 Legs.

I love leg days. Lots of plates and lots of straight legged walking after sets so you don't collapse at the knees.

I like the idea of planning ahead on this journey. I know I have 9 weeks to go but that is going to close in fast without some preparation as to what is going to happen on day 85. I am probably going to need to keep cutting for a while after the twelve weeks is done. So it may be straight into another 12 weeks of the same. I want to see some definition and veins before I consider a clean bulk. But I think I'll be staying on for a couple more cycles of Kris Gethins routines because they feel right for me. Once I get some results that make me feel like I'm really in shape I might switch out to some of Jim Stoppanis routines for a change of pace. The main thing is at the moment I have the chance to research and learn from the resources here to fuel the motivation. The day to day tracking and putting that Red Cross through another day of achievement is such a simple thing but it is a powerful motivator and reward. The little chips in that insurmountable mountain of stone that let you see the goal emerging.

My knee wraps and wrist wraps have come in and I pick them up tomorrow. Then I book a session with a PT just to check my form in the rack. I have been on machines for legs to strengthen my right knee up. I want to make sure my form is up to scratch so I don't risk blowing out my knee again. If all goes well on form I'll have to get me a new belt. Haven't put one of those on in 20 years... I feel too young to be throwing out time frames like that.

Anyway people, stay beautiful and motivated and dedicated. You got this goal handled.
    Results may vary. If pain persists see Kris Gethin, C T Fletcher, or Jim Stoppani and HTFU.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000) Nadakelvin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Day 21. Rest day.

So tonight I did the shopping. 5 kilos of kangaroo. 5 kilo brown rice. 10 kilos of chicken. 10 kilos of fish. Kippers. Natty peanut butter. Some new Tupperware. A trolley load of other gear.

So rest day is gonna be a meal prep day. Kangaroo sweet potato and broccoli. Chilli ginger chicken brown rice and green beans. Fish cakes and salad. Carrot and ginger soup. Chicken corn noodle soup. Frozen mixed berry banana and yogurt bowls. And whatever else comes to mind. Nutrition is a labor of love. Kitchen time is nearly as therapeutic as lifting ( nearly ). I might try my hand at a few YouTube vids for some recipes in the coming weeks. Even if nobody wants to have a look it could be a fun project.

Stay healthy beautiful people.
    Results may vary. If pain persists see Kris Gethin, C T Fletcher, or Jim Stoppani and HTFU.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nadakelvin View Post
    Day 21. Rest day.

So tonight I did the shopping. 5 kilos of kangaroo. 5 kilo brown rice. 10 kilos of chicken. 10 kilos of fish. Kippers. Natty peanut butter. Some new Tupperware. A trolley load of other gear.

So rest day is gonna be a meal prep day. Kangaroo sweet potato and broccoli. Chilli ginger chicken brown rice and green beans. Fish cakes and salad. Carrot and ginger soup. Chicken corn noodle soup. Frozen mixed berry banana and yogurt bowls. And whatever else comes to mind. Nutrition is a labor of love. Kitchen time is nearly as therapeutic as lifting ( nearly ). I might try my hand at a few YouTube vids for some recipes in the coming weeks. Even if nobody wants to have a look it could be a fun project.

Stay healthy beautiful people.
    Looks like you're doing great!.

Sounds like an epic meal prep! I can watch meal prep videos on youtube all day lol, but i hardly ever do it (out of disorganisation/poor time management skills) yet it makes all the difference as the week goes by having all meals packed and ready to go.
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Day 22. Another bloody rest day.

Although I am sort of glad I have a rest day today. My weigh in was what I expected. No movement up or down as I expected from eating incorrectly at maintainance. Like I said my strength has rocketed up and my form is getting tighter. But I can't help feel disappointed that the scale didn't move down a bit. Having a day of just cardio to walk around and clear my head is just what I need. Some time with the wife and kids. Some time to do some journal searches for some articles I want to put together.

If anything I know that day 23 will be tighter on form, heavier on weight, more accurate on calories and macros and have more fire for pushing through the wall so next weeks weigh in is going to take me to 130kg or under. I got me a bigger fire lit than when i started. I have a lot of you guys in this forum to thank for adding to my motivation and inspiration.

New week. Reset. Let's kill it together.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 23. Back and biceps.

Definitely glad to have had 2 rest days to reset. I feel energised for today's workout. Got a new rice cooker for batch cooking brown rice. The whole meal prepping routine makes a hell of a difference to how easy it is to keep on track. I know exactly what is going in and it is quicker than take out food once it is done. Breakfast to get the day started with a few slow digesting carbs. 4 meals with protein carbs and fibrous veg. 2 protein shakes with 50 g of protein in each. A spoonful of natty peanut butter to round out fats. Good mix of variety in what I have prepped so it isn't just the same meal over and over until you are bored. Plenty of spice and flavour plus Greek yogurt if I feel like a need a sauce or that fatty cheesy taste without the fat and cheese.

Got some sample packs of bcaa and a sample of c4 pre workout. Going to see if it feels worth it for the pre workout or if I'm just going to stick to 2 cups of espresso before workouts. Coming into next month I might see how creatine goes added to the sup mix. But I am only introducing things one sup at a time to see if it makes a difference. The last thing I want is to bang out a massive stack of stuff and not be able to tell what is making it better or worse.

Also ordered a set of lifting shoes so I'm flat to the floor in the rack. Banana yellow lifting boots. WTF was I thinking? I think the fats are on the low end of the range and impairing my better judgement.

It is going to be a good week. Let's get it done.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 24. Shoulders.

I woke up this morning to discover that the insulin fairy is also a neurosurgeon and has implanted pain receptors in my back that I was previously not equipped with. She seems to think that this mind muscle connection is a relationship of pain and suffering. I already have a mother in law that is quite enough for me to suffer with thank you.

Today is shoulder torture. So it is going to be the deltoid three way shuffle followed by shrugging it off for a few sets. I may need to do my cardio outside the gym today. All of the equipment only seems to have courses through France for entertainment. I don't know about you but anything French screams pretentious and looking to surrender at the drop of a hat. I think I would rather do laps of the park or go for a walk on the beach than have to stomach another lap of French wine regions.

It would seem my eating is on point and the metabolic rate is on the climb. By the time I am due for a meal I'm hungry for it and by the time I finish a serving I'm satisfied I've eaten but not feeling stuffed or bloated. I now wake up ready to face breakfast. Something that for nearly 20 years I didn't do unless it involved cooking half an animal in half an animal worth of fat and putting it on burnt processed carbs covered in more fat. So kudos to me for having gotten over the breakfast struggle.

I have decided that if im going to use bcaas it is going to be in capsule form. After the ones I used yesterday made my water bottle smell like someone vomitted in a pair of gym socks that a skunk wiped it's arse with. I mean seriously I thought protein shakers left for a day were bad but dear jeebus wtf is in there that can smell that bad?

Anyway time to get one step closer to the goal. Stay on track people.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 24. Side note.

It's only been three weeks but I have noticed changes. Physically there has been the obvious side effects of choosing a healthier lifestyle. But the biggest change so far has been psychological. I told my wife and kids that for the first twelve weeks of this lifestyle change I needed to make my eating and workouts first priority. My wife understood the immediate benefits of having a healthy husband and father around for a lot longer. The woman is my rock. The kids started getting it after a week or so that gym time and eating healthy means that Dad is wanting to do more with the family that is exciting so they are on board. That is the only family support I need. If I had no other support it would be enough.

Friends and extended family are a different story. They seem to think that the relationship they have with you makes it acceptable to laugh off what you are doing as a joke or something cute and to be condescending asshats. Sarcasm and veiled insults are somehow the cool thing for them. Because they can't commit to something other than average couch potato low effort lifestyles, you are the one that is the freak and a wierdo with your little fad that will only last a few weeks. It is what I have come to expect at my age. I have seen it all my life. Not only directed at me but at other friends and family.

Today was a success on an emotional development level. I killed the gym that was a no brainer. But the phone call I got after the gym was the success of the day. I had a call from one of the group of guys I play poker and other sit on your arse and do nothing while you do nothing but drink activities. The usual greetings and how are the family stuff was exchanged. Then the "where have you been the last few weeks?" So I kept it vague. Told him I was getting in shape and had lots of family stuff I was taking care of. First thing was the guffaw of laughter and he was straight into sarcastic mode with "getting in shape?" He then proceeded to tell me why I should save time and quit because I was going to anyway. That I should pick up a slab of beer and come over to end the torture. I told him it was something I had to do for my health and not a joke getting a little defensive. He laughed again. Then the most almighty peace I have had in years dropped on me. I wasn't angry. I actually pitied him because he couldn't see that not only was his lifestyle unhealthy but his personal interactions with people were poison. I waited for a break in the usual digs and jokes and just said. " Here's the thing... I came to the conclusion that if I only have one life I want as long as I can with my family. So I decid d I had to cut out all the toxic Sh!t I have in my life. You'll be happy to know you made the list." Then I hung up took a deep breath and smiled.

Dont just settle for changing eating and activity. Change anything that doesn't bring you happiness. It feels like freedom.
    Last edited by Nadakelvin; 03-06-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 25

It is supposed to be chest today followed by 2 days active rest. But yesterday's workout has left me feeling a bit stiff and sore today so I'm going to hit the beach for some sand walking and go for a swim. I'll kill chest tomorrow have another rest day then it will be leg day. I think I might pull a couple of sets of naps this afternoon. Gonna make sure I'm tight on form so I'm gonna use the purple couch and power nap. 1 set of pillow fluffing followed by a set of 10 overhead channel changes and then end to end side flips until exhaustion followed by 2 hours of rest.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your log is very entertaining

Yeah I have found also extended family, friends, and coworkers just don't get it. Threatened, jealous, I don't know. Think that because I pay attention to what I am doing positively body is somehow strange.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Your log is very entertaining
    Thanks. I think a little humor makes it easier to read. Hopefully it helps inspire other people to get to logging as a habit.

Day 26 chest and triceps.

I'm getting in here early because after a week of the kids being off sick, they are back to school. Yay for me. I get my cardio in walking them to and from school. I get a few hours of peace to get in the gym and take the Harley for a spin. I might get a nap in. I know you are seeing a pattern here right? This guy is basically in hibernation between workouts. Correct. Once I learn to eat in my sleep I'm gonna be golden. Seriously though, I know that good sleep is a part of a healthy transformation but I'm napping like Grandma Bess after her afternoon gin lately. I don't think it's lack of energy or motivation at all. It just seems I have the opportunity to grab a nap and it feels good to do it. Some people have cheat meals I have cheat sleeps.

I really hope that the extra cardio with walking the kids to school plus spot on tracking and killing my workouts this week leads to a downward move in the scale numbers this week. Friday will mark 4 weeks of consistent effort to make myself a better person. It hasn't been anywhere near as hard as I thoughtit would be. It is getting easier by the day.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 27. It is supposed to be rest day....

The problem is I made the mistake of weighing myself thinking that it would show a southward move because I was feeling good. I feel clean. My calves and quads are starting to get some shape that I can see under the skin and fat. I can feel muscle in my chest where it was just feeling like fat over bone 4 weeks ago. My biceps and triceps are feeling like muscle rather than well balanced jello cups. So I said "hey let's have a sneak peak at the scale" FML not a change. I will learn my lesson and leave it until the end of the week eventually. I think I'm just going to have to increase my cardio intensity. But fkn cardio is like trying to eat a 10lb jar of Nutella. It seems like something you would really enjoy but about six spoons in you feel like you want to puke and never look at it again.

My cardio today went well. Scroobious Pip and Hilltop Hoods on the iPhone so I paid more attention to the songs than the timer on the bike. I need to do more cardio outside the gym so I only need to do 20 minutes when I'm in there. I think I also need to push out s bit more pain on my lifting. Im doing what I'm supposed to do in there but I feel like I still have some left in the tank so I'm going to add a few sets here and there. The weights I'm using are still going up steadily.

I feel healthier, fitter, stronger and have more energy. But my obsession with seeing weight loss is driving me fkn mental. I'll just push harder until things move.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But fkn cardio is like trying to eat a 10lb jar of Nutella. It seems like something you would really enjoy but about six spoons in you feel like you want to puke and never look at it again.
    That description right on the money. My feelings exactly. Should do for heart health but........

I save my energy for the weights instead. High rep squats and deads is cardio enough for me.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Day 24. Side note.

It's only been three weeks but I have noticed changes. Physically there has been the obvious side effects of choosing a healthier lifestyle. But the biggest change so far has been psychological. I told my wife and kids that for the first twelve weeks of this lifestyle change I needed to make my eating and workouts first priority. My wife understood the immediate benefits of having a healthy husband and father around for a lot longer. The woman is my rock. The kids started getting it after a week or so that gym time and eating healthy means that Dad is wanting to do more with the family that is exciting so they are on board. That is the only family support I need. If I had no other support it would be enough.

Friends and extended family are a different story. They seem to think that the relationship they have with you makes it acceptable to laugh off what you are doing as a joke or something cute and to be condescending asshats. Sarcasm and veiled insults are somehow the cool thing for them. Because they can't commit to something other than average couch potato low effort lifestyles, you are the one that is the freak and a wierdo with your little fad that will only last a few weeks. It is what I have come to expect at my age. I have seen it all my life. Not only directed at me but at other friends and family.

Today was a success on an emotional development level. I killed the gym that was a no brainer. But the phone call I got after the gym was the success of the day. I had a call from one of the group of guys I play poker and other sit on your arse and do nothing while you do nothing but drink activities. The usual greetings and how are the family stuff was exchanged. Then the "where have you been the last few weeks?" So I kept it vague. Told him I was getting in shape and had lots of family stuff I was taking care of. First thing was the guffaw of laughter and he was straight into sarcastic mode with "getting in shape?" He then proceeded to tell me why I should save time and quit because I was going to anyway. That I should pick up a slab of beer and come over to end the torture. I told him it was something I had to do for my health and not a joke getting a little defensive. He laughed again. Then the most almighty peace I have had in years dropped on me. I wasn't angry. I actually pitied him because he couldn't see that not only was his lifestyle unhealthy but his personal interactions with people were poison. I waited for a break in the usual digs and jokes and just said. " Here's the thing... I came to the conclusion that if I only have one life I want as long as I can with my family. So I decid d I had to cut out all the toxic Sh!t I have in my life. You'll be happy to know you made the list." Then I hung up took a deep breath and smiled.

Dont just settle for changing eating and activity. Change anything that doesn't bring you happiness. It feels like freedom.
    So glad to hear your wife and kids are on board with your journey and there to support you, I think real life support on this journey is so so very important. In my case my folks and my siblings support me and i think for me that's all that matters.

Secondly your extended family/friends...i honestly don't know what's wrong with people sometimes, i'm experiencing similar, went for a large family gathering (100pounds lighter) and NOT a single soul said anything about me losing weight, i don't need their validation but WTF???

Thirdly your poker crew friend sounds like a real a$$hole! I burst out laughing at your response to him...now i understand why you said your mother in law calls you karma haha. Seriously though, i'm also at that point where i've completely distanced myself from anyone who is not supportive, it's too exhausting dealing with toxicity.

The problem is I made the mistake of weighing myself thinking that it would show a southward move because I was feeling good....

I feel healthier, fitter, stronger and have more energy. But my obsession with seeing weight loss is driving me fkn mental. I'll just push harder until things move.
    That you feel healthier, fitter, stronger and have more energy says it all, you've been kicking a$$ this entire log...don't let that stupid scale reading get you down. I don't know what it is about that damn reading but it gets me everytime too when it doesn't drop...just know as long as you gave your 100% then that's all that matters.

I really hope that the extra cardio with walking the kids to school plus spot on tracking and killing my workouts this week leads to a downward move in the scale numbers this week. Friday will mark 4 weeks of consistent effort to make myself a better person. It hasn't been anywhere near as hard as I thoughtit would be. It is getting easier by the day.
    Wow, those 4 weeks have flown right by, your log really has been inspirational consistently logging day in, day out and always with such positive energy. And as phoenix said some crazy laughs in there too lol!
    =================
    =================

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Late but I'm in for the ride..

It is good that you're starting your calories at a reasonable level.. I see too many people start their calories way too low & set themselves up for disaster
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

You guys are angels. You turn a frown to a smile every time I see you post. Now I'm gonna have one of my patented inter workout hibernation sessions. Then I'm gonna get up and kick another days arse.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Late but I'm in for the ride..

It is good that you're starting your calories at a reasonable level.. I see too many people start their calories way too low & set themselves up for disaster
    I played this game hardcore in my late teens and early 20s. I know how important accurate feeding is. I remember the every day split routines and eating 2lbs of chicken 2lbs of rice and 2lbs of animal pack sups a day. Glad to have you on board.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 27 Supplemental

One thing i havent really done in here is logged the type of meals i generally eat in much detail. It is easy to forget that i have played this game when i was a lot younger and that falling back into bodybuilding nutrition is like riding a bike. Some people need a little help on it as I did when i first started. Even with the examples on this site that are available it can still be confusing unless one of the examples clicks with your way of thinking. That lightbulb moment when it fits together and starts working is like Merlin having told you that you are the apprentice... Like Darth Vader telling you that he is your father ... Like Bane telling you that you have bigger traps than him.... Just let me put down the C4 before i hit 4 scoops.

My background is not as a nutritionist. It is Human Biology with a major in Molecular Genetics. I know a thing or two about human bodies. But i dont claim to be an expert in nutrition. i just know i have gotten results before and im getting results now. It works for me. It may work for you too.

So with calculating my daily requirements and dropping 20% off i need to be around the 2500 Calorie mark for my daily intake. Make sure you recalculate this every week when you weigh in. If you are dropping weight you are also going to be dropping a few calories. and accuracy is key. Now you look at the cut here it is nearly 1000 calories down on what i require daily while exercising and only about 250 cals above my BMR. Dont stress on the margin. You have a little room to wiggle up and down I just chose to cut this hard because i am comfortable with it. You may chose to have a cheat meal or a cheat day. You may run a weekly calorie tally and have fasting days. Im not going to judge you for that. Dont judge me because i choose to be disciplined. My macros run at 235p/235c/60f if my fats are 20g or so over i generally dont care because my carbs are usually under and i function better with some extra fat.

Meals need to be regular and satisfying. There is no use stuffing in 2 lb of rice until you feel like puking or having the nibble on the corner of a saltine cracker and feeling like your stomach is eating itself. Learn to eat a little slower and let the body know it is eating. It will start telling you that it is satisfied after it notices you aren't trying to stuff a mattress sized meal in before it gets a clue you had something in your mouth.

Water intake is important. Every major cycle in your body depends on it to function efficiently. If you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. Sip often from the jug of life and gulp at it furiously after you have been working. I hit anywhere between 4-6 litres a day depending on what i am doing. I have a 2litre (half gallon) drink bottle. Any water i use comes out of it including for protein shakes. That way i can track easy. If i empty it at least twice i am on target. If i empty it 3 times i know ive been working.

So here is what an average day looks like. I have plenty of variety and flavor most days. But some days all i want is rice chicken and broccoli. Thats ok. as long as the macros go past the tongue without you gaggin then the job is done. I promise im working on the recipes and videos.

Breakfast : 1 cup oats with a tablespoon of natty PB and some frozen berries. I use milk for my oats. 510cal 35P /77c/39f. This is my stoke the furnace meal. Its rich on all macros so i can get rolling and keep rolling. Do not skip breakfast.

After my workout mid morning : Optimal Nutrition Gold Standard Whey 2 heaped scoops in water. 250cal 50p / 8c / 3f

Lunch: this can be whatever from the meals i prep. i go with fist sized portions because they weigh out about right. So chili garlic and ginger baked chicken breast (300g) sweet potato (200g) and some greens with a spoon of greek yoghurt as an example. That is 600 cal 85p/ 50c /7f

Mid afternoon: I hit another protein shake and ill have a handful of almonds and a banana. Sometimes it is just the shake. Depends how i feel.

Dinner: Bush plum Kangaroo fillet. Green salad with avacado. The Kangaroo runs around the same macros as chicken meals. 22g of protein per 100g and is tasty and tender.

by 8 pm if Im hungry Ill have a piece of chicken and some brown rice. If im not too hungry ill have a wholemeal PB sandwich and a protein shake.

At the end of the day if my Protien and fats are around the mark and i dont feel hungry then im not bothered if my calories arent quite there. Im also not bothered if im a little low on the carbs.

The priority is Protein > Fat > Flavor> Satiety> Cals > Carbs > Lightsabers and laser guns.

Get the numbers you need. Do not under eat by half of your BMR and think you are winning. You are more likely to succeed at this if you dont feel trapped and starving on dry chicken rice and water. Remember a caloric deficit plus satiety and variety will make this feel a lot easier than starving yourself to failure. Your body will cooperate in transforming willingly if you treat it like you love it in the kitchen rather than punishing it on the equivalent of bread and water.

Just finishing a nice bowl of Kangaroo spag bol with wholemeal pasta while i type this up. Cant wait to throw in some recipes vids and pics. Hope this helps.

Love and cuddles
    Lex
    Last edited by Nadakelvin; 03-09-2016 at 05:35 AM.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice report.

That looks good. Don't have a lot of kangaroo's here, so chicken for me

Keep on going.

Start 131,9kg
    wk1 130,3kg
    wk2 129,6kg
    wk3 129,6kg
    wk4 129.4kg
    wk5 129.7kg

Day 28. Leeeegggggggggggssssss plus some extras.

So the nerves are cutting in for the end of week weigh in again. I'm even more nervous because I'm probably going to snap a pic and see if I can notice much difference from day one.

Going to hammer the legs until I can't walk without assistance. Going to pop in some lower back and a little more on the arms and abs. Too much of a break in the Gethin trainer this week between body parts. That was because of Kris having a schedule that restricted his workout time. I am not restricted so I'm doing extra. Going for 10km of walking plus 20 minutes cardio in the gym. I am going to wrk out the calorie burn of using pliers to pull teeth and a cheese grater to wash my face with. It has to be a viable and enjoyable alternative to the treadmill and bike.

I just wanna lift heavy things and put them down and pick them up and love them and pet them and I will call them George.....

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some solid work going on in here!

I've never tried kangaroo though ...am I missing out?

Keep it up!
    Instagram: mavmuscle

the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) the15thdoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do not under eat by half of your BMR and think you are winning. You are more likely to succeed at this if you dont feel trapped and starving on dry chicken rice and water. Remember a caloric deficit plus satiety and variety will make this feel a lot easier than starving yourself to failure. Your body will cooperate in transforming willingly if you treat it like you love it in the kitchen rather than punishing it on the equivalent of bread and water.
    This, so much this. Wish every first timer could learn this without having to go through it the hard way.
    Also we are looking forward to your food videos/pics

ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Build those legs bro. Think i'm gonna do them tonight. With some weighted squats and deadlifts. Go heavy or go heavier.

Keep on going.

Start 131,9kg
    wk1 130,3kg
    wk2 129,6kg
    wk3 129,6kg
    wk4 129.4kg
    wk5 129.7kg

Originally Posted by ProjectNL View Post
    Build those legs bro. Think i'm gonna do them tonight. With some weighted squats and deadlifts. Go heavy or go heavier.
    Yeah I'm still rebuilding strength in my right knee. So I'm still on the machine instead of the rack at the moment. I'm pushing 150kg (330lb) without any sign of trouble at the moment. I could go a lot heavier but I would rather burn out reps at the moment than go all out mental and risk my knee while I'm doing this.

The 4 week weigh in tomorrow. Tune in to see if Lex will lose his mind and post a picture of the scale destroyed by a sledgehammer or if he will do that stupid fkn white guy dance that even people that give zero fks get uncomfortable with. The episode of the month just 12 hours away. Don't miss it.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...photo/90145781
    Last edited by Nadakelvin; 03-10-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Chart marked off in blood and sweat.

Watch that fkn White man dance.

So I weighed in early. I lost 2kg or 4.4 lb for a total of 10.1 kg or 22.2lb in 4 weeks. I'm at 129.9 kg. Under 130kg for the first time in 10 years. F*** I feel good.

My body space is completely fckd up at the moment it won't update anything to the right fkn number. So pissed with it.

It would seem body space has caught up at last.
    Last edited by Nadakelvin; 03-10-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

Day 29. Start of week 5. Chest tris and some other bits.

It's 1:30am I'm wide awake. My sleep patterns are currently upside down after one of my patented interworkout hibernation sessions extended to 6 hours instead of the intended power nap.

I would have thought by this stage I would have looked for excuses to slack off. As it is I am looking for excuses to do more. The wife has the day off today as well as the weekend and I have rest days Saturday and Sunday. Much work shall be done around the house but I know I'm going to be looking for an excuse to do something at the gym on the weekend. I'm sure there are some things I can do to burn a few calories on top of what is expected.

I'm going to stare at the ceiling and YouTube. I might look up tutorials on restructuring economic systems or see if they have one of those 10 hour compilations of paint drying or grass growing to get me sleeping.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)

So I weighed in early. I lost 2kg or 4.4 lb for a total of 10.1 kg or 22.2lb in 4 weeks. I'm at 129.9 kg. Under 130kg for the first time in 10 years. F*** I feel good.

My body space is completely fckd up at the moment it won't update anything to the right fkn number. So pissed with it.

Congrats on the epic loss, 22.2 pounds down in a month is fantastic!, shows all that hard work and discipline you've been putting is definitely paying off!

Also thanks for the very detailed and informative post on nutrition! Lots of words of wisdom in there. The part that resonated with me is:-
    Learn to eat a little slower and let the body know it is eating. It will start telling you that it is satisfied after it notices you aren't trying to stuff a mattress sized meal in before it gets a clue you had something in your mouth.
    I still forget this quite often and yet it's so so important to take time with meals (eg after gym i'll be ravenous and wolf down "a mattress sized meal" lol and still be like i'm hungry sigh, but when i take my time with meals then i'm fine), it definitely reminds me that i need to acquire sustainable eating practices that will remain with me for life.
    =================
    =================

Woot`Woot
    Great stuff man. congrats on the 130 mark.

Keep on going.

Start 131,9kg
    wk1 130,3kg
    wk2 129,6kg
    wk3 129,6kg
    wk4 129.4kg
    wk5 129.7kg

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Grats on the progress! Keep that chit going!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

Day 30. Rest day.

Here is the thing. I have lost 22 lb so far in 4 weeks. I feel better ... Most of the time. Today however I am having a fat day. It doesn't matter that my clothes are looser and I'm starting to see a difference from my starting photos. I just feel bloated. It is depressing as well as motivating. I know it is just my head playing with me. If anything it makes me more determined to get to my best body as quick as I can. If ten kilos off feels fantastic (99% of the time) then 40 kilos of fat off and about 15 kilos of muscle on is going to feel fkn amazing. I just feel like I could fill a room at the moment. Such a gross feeling.

I think music cardio and a water bottle will solve the issue. And maybe some lifting..... Fkn rest days are such bs.

Total loss 28kg (61lbs)