Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good news: my pain is almost gone. My shoulder is feeling sore, but I can move it again. I will wait another week before pushing weights again.

I will be hitting the streets this week, since my new shoes arrived! I can't wait to try them out.

Also, my mother turned 71 this weekend, so I went ahead and ate a lot of food. I went above my calorie deficit two days in a row. Possibly by 1000 calories.

I'm experienced enough to know I can put them down by exercising this week and eating under my deficit. I ate 1000 calories over (perhaps less around 800 or something like that) not 6000 over my deficit, like I sure would have a year ago. Besides, tomorrow is lettuce and tomato day!

I'm eager to run and train hard again.

AND I WILL BE JOINING A GYM ONCE THIS NECK/TENDON THING GETS SOLVED!

Haven't weighted again, despite what myfitnesspal and this site tells me (the are asking me for an update on that matter). I will weight again next Friday. Want to get rid of some of the pounds I won over this weekend, otherwise, I will get a high number (something I don't want to see)

Cheers!
    [ Starting Weight: 165 KG ]--[ Current Weight: 117 KG ]--[ GOAL: Sexy ]

Inspired by: Cherry Garcia - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I totally understand not wanting to see a high number! Yay for shoes and I'm glad your neck/shoulder is feeling better!
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Amanda!

Update

My neck is 98% better, I'm just holding off until Monday, so I can properly workout. SLOWLY workout. My shoes arrived, they are great! I went out for a run not long ago and I believe I got a bit carried away. I ran 14km....that's about 9 miles. In one sitting. After not running like for a month or so.

Long story short, my legs quitted on me for about week after that. I can walk without pain now (couldn't sleep that night, Jesus...) but there is still some pain on my tendons, so I'm holding off for now, at least until Monday.

Everything will be better on Monday. 48s rest will make things better. I will take it slow though, perhaps 4k (2.5 miles) or something like that instead of 14k.

I lost weight (126 kg /266 lbs now, can't believe not long ago I was stuck at 130 kg / 286 lbs) and I'm heading towards the 120 kg / 264 lbs.

If my calculations are correct, I shall be loosing another 37kg in the next 8 months or so (took 8 months to get rid of 87 pounds, I figure it will take at least another eight to get rid of another 87 pounds).

If that's correct, I will be weighting around 89kg / 195lbs next April.

Can't believe it. I better get ripped fast!

I have to thank everyone posting here. If it wasn't for amanda, robert, cherry and the others I wouldn't have gotten this far and I surely wouldn't be looking at this bright future.

Thanks gals

Thanks gentlemen

Inspired by: Cherry Garcia - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fatandnotproud View Post
    Thanks Amanda!

Update

My neck is 98% better, I'm just holding off until Monday, so I can properly workout. SLOWLY workout. My shoes arrived, they are great! I went out for a run not long ago and I believe I got a bit carried away. I ran 14km....that's about 9 miles. In one sitting. After not running like for a month or so.

Long story short, my legs quitted on me for about week after that. I can walk without pain now (couldn't sleep that night, Jesus...) but there is still some pain on my tendons, so I'm holding off for now, at least until Monday.

Everything will be better on Monday. 48s rest will make things better. I will take it slow though, perhaps 4k (2.5 miles) or something like that instead of 14k.

I lost weight (126 kg /266 lbs now, can't believe not long ago I was stuck at 130 kg / 286 lbs) and I'm heading towards the 120 kg / 264 lbs.

If my calculations are correct, I shall be loosing another 37kg in the next 8 months or so (took 8 months to get rid of 87 pounds, I figure it will take at least another eight to get rid of another 87 pounds).

If that's correct, I will be weighting around 89kg / 195lbs next April.

Can't believe it. I better get ripped fast!

I have to thank everyone posting here. If it wasn't for amanda, robert, cherry and the others I wouldn't have gotten this far and I surely wouldn't be looking at this bright future.

Thanks gals

Thanks gentlemen
    You know you have our support bud, we are all in this together, we are going to kick fats ass for life, and make the ladies drool!
    My Fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171561753

Starting weight: 286.4lbs (2/20/17)
    Current Weight: ???? (2/27/17)
    Total Weight lost: ????

anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do it!
    Team Ogre Mascot

Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been gone from here for abit but wanted to say thanks for the kind words and know that you too have been very supportive to both me (and others!) on here. I feel the same about this fat loss community, it really has helped me along on this journey, in real life i'm basically alone in this, my family is happy for me yes, but they don't really and truely know or understand what i've been through and continue to go through day in and day out on this journey especially starting from such a high weight and still having so much to loose. So yep, i'm grateful for bb too as i'm able to ramble away with all the crazy things that go on in my head lol.

So sorry to hear about the recent injuries/pain and glad to hear you are recovering from it.
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Yay! Great work! Sorry you lost a little strength in that arm, but it will come back fast, I have faith.

I haven't used Nike+ in a really long time, but will add you!
    Team Ogre Mascot

Yeah what people are using anyway? I've been hearing lots of things about Strava, but it feels as if there isn't a standard running app everyone uses. I've noticed I arrived late to the Nike+ Party, since some of my friends are using RunneKeeper, but they are also late because RunneKeeper is on the way out now that Strava is "so hot right now".

rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000) rbtsmith410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good job bud, I use the fitbit to track everything!
    My Fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171561753

Starting weight: 286.4lbs (2/20/17)
    Current Weight: ???? (2/27/17)
    Total Weight lost: ????

Originally Posted by fatandnotproud View Post
    Yeah what people are using anyway? I've been hearing lots of things about Strava, but it feels as if there isn't a standard running app everyone uses. I've noticed I arrived late to the Nike+ Party, since some of my friends are using RunneKeeper, but they are also late because RunneKeeper is on the way out now that Strava is "so hot right now".
    I've never gotten into strava despite trying it a few years ago, but it is nice that you can track all kinds of activity. Runkeeper also allows tracking for different sports as well and I have it on my phone right now, but I hadn't been running much until a few weeks ago so I've just been wearing the fitbit. I've started running again and have been using Zombies, Run! for their 5k training plan. The regular running app is fun too, very motivating, makes me want to run every day! But I don't think it's very interactive with friends and such. I think the Nike+ app is best for support and strava is great if you want to compete with other users for time (King of the Mountain, etc.) but I'm not that fast. I have friends trying to get me to use map my run too... way too many tracking apps out there! Can't we just pick one? Maybe if we keep our eyes open, we can be one the first for the next big thing
    Team Ogre Mascot

Thank you bob, cherry, amanda and everybody else subscribed to this thread!

Update
    My tricep tendon is out, so I will be staying off the weights for about a month or so until it gets better. Turns out I screwed up my tendon, or strained it at least. Haven't seen a doc, don't plan too (expensive here). I will just rub grass and dirt on my arm like a cave man and let life take its course.

Not worried though, I am eating under calorie deficit, so my gains aren't impressive. I am doing exercises (aerobic, etc) with the Nike+ and also, running quite a bit, which makes me happy. Weight is amazing, but I can't do it without feeling pain on my tricep for now, so why suffer? I might get better in two weeks or so.

Basically, if I press my tricep it hurts. If I lift my arm, my tricep hurts.

Meh. Pain, we meet again.

Another month from lifting won't hurt at all - much better to be healed, less time off overall. Great work!
    Team Ogre Mascot

Today was a good run! Ran 3.2 km, pushed really hard! The blister on my foot is getting extremely big, ew! I'm starting to get the hang of it. Slow, but each time a little more than before. After my ran I always stop at a starbucks for a frappucino (tea + ice + berry juice) then head home. I've got to tell ya'all, running is pair with lifting weights. The gains the runner gets are emotional, the gains the lifter gets are on the body and become emotional later on. The runner gains fade away though, but not the lifter gains!

Attached Images
    Last edited by fatandnotproud; 08-14-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Another run, another 10k steps.

The streets were crowded today, since its a holiday over here and I could't go full steam because my app coach said I had to walk instead of run. I ran perhaps 30% of the time I was out there. Couldn't resist with all these people running past me, felt like an old man and had to push it. I need to run 3.2 KM tomorrow (around 2 miles) and I'm already feeling today's run.

Should have walked ;-P

I'm off to the scale, so I will let you guys/gals know how much I've gained since this Friday I threw a small party over here. Lots of food. Saturday night was off the charts, Sunday I attacked the leftovers, but controlled myself to an extent. You could say I controlled myself. Yes, you could say that.

Today I went back to training mode. If anything, that Friday is going to cost me a couple of days of hard training. Hope everyone is doing great.

Something I wanted to talk about:

I'm losing weight, I'm getting fitter, I'm getting in shape (though that part is on hold because of my tricep tendonitis for now) but I also feel most people do nothing to be in shape. They walk into a McDonalds and order whatever the hell they want while I have to run past every restaurant and eat my energy bar, that is made out of wet newspaper. I have a more active lifestyle, but I honestly don't feel active, because people don't act as if they were seeing someone active.

The problem with being fat and then starting to lose weight is that people take your belly for granted. They look at you and they say "Jesus, he's fat alright" but they don't know HOW FAT you were just six, ten months ago. So there is no gradualism in terms of getting into shape. They will still treat you and look at you as if you were in a couch all day drinking soda and eating your way through a doritos bag.

I realize that the minute I get into shape, that I get muscles, that I look like someone who has trained his body, that will change. But I already changed in that regard. I am already training, I am already running, I am already "there", in that zone. They just can't see it because it will take me months to display the results, the final results that will be obvious to anyone.

As I see it, this is the chart of weight loss:

STAGE 1
    Fat. You are a balloon. People will look down on you and with reason. You are not active at all.

STAGE 2
    The training. You are still a balloon, you may have even lost some significant weight and be as healthy as you ever been, but they will still look down on you, threat you like crap because you are still a planet. You are very active. Perhaps you can buy new clothes and some people notices your new style, but it won't be something to applaud yet, despite what friends say.

STAGE 3
    Normal. You are now normal, you lost a significant amount of weight and you are exactly as active as you were on the previous stage, only now you can buy new clothes, you can look like everybody else does. Of course, you are still under training, so you can't eat what everyone else does, you have to be more active, etc. They won't look down at you, but they won't care either. You are just like them. In their minds, no mater what you tell them, you haven't done anything significant, since you look like them and they aren't doing anything especial to look like they do. "Dude, you just had to stop eating."

STAGE 4
    This is the gold stage. You look ripped, you look like you could be superman/supergirl/wonderwoman/flash. You are now an athlete. A sex symbol. You kiss your biceps, you have abs, you can walk and not just get noticed, but touched and admired by the peasants around you. They know a God/Goddess when they see one. They will know, and understand, what you've gone through only at this stage.

----

Right now, I'm about to arrive to Stage 2. I have just left Stage 1 and I'm moving forwards into Stage 2. Not complaining. Just saying, Stage 4 is still far away from where I am, but I also understand that Stage 4 is easier to achieve (and faster too) from Stage 2 than from Stage 1.

What pushes me to get out of Stage 1 into Stage 2, was not just you guys/gals cheering me up from within this forum, but the fact that the scale showed numbers going down and something even more important: that I worked out my biceps when I was fat, on Stage 1 and managed to get some gains there.

I carry my gains around, even now. To me they are the proof that if you can, if you do it, you can change your body, that I can change my body if I try hard enough, if I am consistent. I have to remind myself that before I lifted those weights, there was nothing there and that if I keep working on my runs, on my lifts, I will get into shape and go even beyond that.

That I will shape myself in a way that what's outside, reflects what's inside.

All it takes is time, isn't it. And time is what we have.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by fatandnotproud; 08-15-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Well, I've been out for a while, so its time to update.

I've been running for over a week and half now, under Nike+ schedule. Its done wonders to me. I've also used fitbit with great results. almost 10k steps every day. Today was really cool, went down the harbor and walked those 3.2km my Nike+ coach told me to, yesterday I did the same. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run 4.8km, but in all honesty, my quads are a bit strain so I will have to take it easy on my run.

I also returned to lifting. My tricep is not a problem anymore. The only problem is my left pec. Turns out it was the pec, apparently, it hurts when I reach the 20th repetition, something that never happened before. I will have to keep an eye on that one. There is no loss of strength for my push movements whatsoever, but my pec is slightly strained and it isn't going away. It is a big muscle so I figure it will take another week. I will have to RICE tomorrow for the most part of the day.

Haven't used the scale yet, but I figure out it will be another week and half until I see results. All in all, this is working.

this is working. This works, people. Calorie deficit + moderate physical activity works.

Can't begin to tell you how much I needed to lift. Today's lift felt incredible. I did like 5% of what I'm used to in terms of lifting, but it helped a lot.

123kg / 271lbs
    From 125kg / 275lbs last week!

Today's run was 4.8km, I couldn't go too crazy with it because my quads were killing me, so instead I combined my brisk walk technique (which is very funny to look at) with my run and voila, I was running instead of complaining about not being able to at home. I've been eating well, so the weight loss is natural.

Tomorrow is ARMS DAY! FINALLY! AGAIN! YEAAAHHHH

belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) belly100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wahey, nice one
    Start Weight: 152kg Nov '15
    Current Weight: 112.0kg Apr'17
    Total Loss: 40.0kg

Starting Waist Size: 52"
    Current Waist Size: 38"