Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Captain's log, supplementary.

Today was a FINE FINE workout day. I went ahead and did:

Skull Crushers (4 x 12, but I slipped some 20 reps in there, I believe on the second set)
    Military press (3 x 12)
    Alternate Bicep Curl (3 x 20)
    Lateral Rise (3 x 12, some was 25)
    Dumbbell Concentration Curls (4 x 12)
    Shrugs (4 x 15)
    Dumbbell French Press (3 x 12)

And I finished it with a HIIT workout, 20 minutes on a stationary bike.

I am on cut right now, so I won't be building a lot of muscle from this, but I am making two things by exercising this way:

1) I am creating an habit, which is perhaps more important than the workout itself, since we get fat by force of habit. When I get on bulk I will be able to easily get gains by simply doing what I've been doing all this months.
    2) I am making sure to tone my body, so when I get to my ideal weight (long way to go yet) I will, at least, have some nice core muscles built up.

My shoulders are already showing, my biceps are there, part of my back is starting to get sore and swell, etc. It is working alright. Saturday is leg day, then rest, then chest again and so on.

Above all, staying healthy has allowed me to be more active. I feel the gains in my everyday life now.

The ship's doctor has stated that, should I keep doing this, I will loose all the remaining weight by the end of the year. But for me it has never been about loosing the weight and doing space walks, going on away missions, etc. I did that back when I was at the academy. For me, it has been about changing the way I live, becoming the person I know I am and not the one everyone else take for granted.

It is a long way to go, but then again, there ain't much to do in space.

============= END OF TRANSMISSION ============

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fatandnotproud View Post
    Captain's log, supplementary.

Today was a FINE FINE workout day. I went ahead and did:

Skull Crushers (4 x 12, but I slipped some 20 reps in there, I believe on the second set)
    Military press (3 x 12)
    Alternate Bicep Curl (3 x 20)
    Lateral Rise (3 x 12, some was 25)
    Dumbbell Concentration Curls (4 x 12)
    Shrugs (4 x 15)
    Dumbbell French Press (3 x 12)

And I finished it with a HIIT workout, 20 minutes on a stationary bike.

I am on cut right now, so I won't be building a lot of muscle from this, but I am making two things by exercising this way:

1) I am creating an habit, which is perhaps more important than the workout itself, since we get fat by force of habit. When I get on bulk I will be able to easily get gains by simply doing what I've been doing all this months.
    2) I am making sure to tone my body, so when I get to my ideal weight (long way to go yet) I will, at least, have some nice core muscles built up.

My shoulders are already showing, my biceps are there, part of my back is starting to get sore and swell, etc. It is working alright. Saturday is leg day, then rest, then chest again and so on.

Above all, staying healthy has allowed me to be more active. I feel the gains in my everyday life now.

The ship's doctor has stated that, should I keep doing this, I will loose all the remaining weight by the end of the year. But for me it has never been about loosing the weight and doing space walks, going on away missions, etc. I did that back when I was at the academy. For me, it has been about changing the way I live, becoming the person I know I am and not the one everyone else take for granted.

It is a long way to go, but then again, there ain't much to do in space.

============= END OF TRANSMISSION ============
    Wow, looks like you're making some solid progress!

I know what you mean, when i started this journey it was all about i need to lose weight! But once i started it and notice the changes the more I realised that what i really want is to get back in good health and make this a way of life ie eating right and being active for the rest of my life. Seeing health issues/complications that i had in the past go away one by one, has by far been the biggest motivator for me to not go back to my old ways....and then thereafter seeing clothes get loser and the weight coming down along with it.

Let's keep fighting this fight!!!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatandnotproud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Captain's log, Stardate 93903.79.

We have been going through the Cortana sector scanning for an unusual source of energy our science officer has not yet been able to identify.

On a personal note, the ship's doctor said I weight 139kgs (307 lbs), not 141, which means I've put down quite a few pounds already (around 52 pounds if his calculations are correct)

I need to cut 130 more pounds to get to my ideal weight, then bulk again while I keep doing exercise to get ripped. It has been crazy but I feel better than ever, confident, smart, etc. The only thing I would help would be having more energy during the day, but my cut is currently at 1800 calories (sometimes I don't even get to that, 1500 maybe).

No idea how to get more energy through the day without recurring to coffee.

I did 20 min of HIIT today on the bike, Yesterday was chest day (1 hour 40 min routine). It kind of sucks making all that effort with weights and not seeing your muscles grow, but I get it is so I keep the ones I already have and avoid loosing muscular mass.

When I get on bulking, it will be downhill though.

Tomorrow is arms day and some abs which I've been neglecting. Also, squats.

Hope everyone is okay! Captain out!

======== END OF TRANSMISSION =========

Captain's Log, supplementary.

Today my brother managed to break me. When he left for work he saw me on the stationary bike doing HIIT. Today he arrived, a few moments ago, and gave me a chocolate snack. Nothing big, 68 calories, but he managed to break me. I ate it.

While he managed to get fat in me, now that I know he gave it to me to ruin my new lifestyle, the psychological impact of his strategy has failed. I will not accept more food from him until I reach my goal weight.

Sometimes you can't trust other people's subconscious.

On another note, my weight is still 139kg and I'm starting to feel better. Tomorrow is rest day, then Monday for chest, Tuesday for stationary bike, Wed for arms, Thursday Stationary bike, Friday legs and Saturday Stationary bike.

I have been eating properly and under my own calorie deficit, so everything is fine besides today that I ate perhaps a bit above it (400 calories above it). That and the chocolate snack, so say 468 or 500, let's round it up in 500 calories, still under calorie deficit cause I did 20 min HIIT, but I don't trust a lot on MFP, nor do I on my bike.

I know this: if it had been me back 2 years ago, I would have had 5000 extra calories, not 500 and under calorie deficit. I would have had -5000 calories ABOVE calorie deficit, no exercise at all.

So yeah, tomorrow I might do some crunches to compensate, but that's it for me. No more food gift from anyone.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Captain's Log, supplementary.

Today my brother managed to break me. When he left for work he saw me on the stationary bike doing HIIT. Today he arrived, a few moments ago, and gave me a chocolate snack. Nothing big, 68 calories, but he managed to break me. I ate it.

While he managed to get fat in me, now that I know he gave it to me to ruin my new lifestyle, the psychological impact of his strategy has failed. I will not accept more food from him until I reach my goal weight.

Sometimes you can't trust other people's subconscious.

On another note, my weight is still 139kg and I'm starting to feel better. Tomorrow is rest day, then Monday for chest, Tuesday for stationary bike, Wed for arms, Thursday Stationary bike, Friday legs and Saturday Stationary bike.

I have been eating properly and under my own calorie deficit, so everything is fine besides today that I ate perhaps a bit above it (400 calories above it). That and the chocolate snack, so say 468 or 500, let's round it up in 500 calories, still under calorie deficit cause I did 20 min HIIT, but I don't trust a lot on MFP, nor do I on my bike.

I know this: if it had been me back 2 years ago, I would have had 5000 extra calories, not 500 and under calorie deficit. I would have had -5000 calories ABOVE calorie deficit, no exercise at all.

So yeah, tomorrow I might do some crunches to compensate, but that's it for me. No more food gift from anyone.
    Glad to see you're doing great!

So what you caved on one chocolate, your human plus as you say in the past (i know which would have been the case for me as well) it would probably have been like a 5000cal kinda day because oh well i've eaten the chocolate, so i can have some pizza and icecream etc.

I think you did great. Sucks about your brother trying to sabotage your weightloss efforts! I have a friend like that, when i visit she'll open up a box of like chocolate donuts and start eating them one by one and will keep asking me "are you really really sure you don't want one?" and i'm like uh, how many times do i have to say no sigh! I don't visit her much anymore for that reason, I know i'm not superwoman and can't keep resisting forever so i just steer clear. People sometimes!
    =================
    =================

ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One thing I want to note: I noticed my family members and friends want me to stay fat. I lost a lot of weight (35lbs is a lot for someone who barely moves) and they are trying, very hard in some instances, to keep me fat, for some reason. I believe they are used to have a fat person around or perhaps they are afraid that I may become the best version of myself, no idea what is going on but it absolutely surprises me, it stupefies me to the point where I'm starting to get paranoid about my own weight.

I'm curious if other forum members went through the same. If they saw their friends make fun of you trying to loose weight in the most cruelest ways, or if they saw their family members try to hijack your new lifestyle. Is this...normal?
    Very interested to read up on this from another perspective, I've been experiencing this as well. One of my friends who has been helpful along the way in terms of support told me straight up he wants me to stay fat. Something along the lines as "you won't be as funny, if you lose too much weight," we laughed it off like always but it hasn't been the first time he's made the statement which gets me thinking maybe there's some seriousness to that opinion? Weird I know. But for me I've noticed just not discussing my weight loss and diet with other is the best way to avoid negativity or any hate-like remarks.

BTW Congrats on your journey thus far and keep at it!

Originally Posted by ChampCraig View Post
    Very interested to read up on this from another perspective, I've been experiencing this as well. One of my friends who has been helpful along the way in terms of support told me straight up he wants me to stay fat. Something along the lines as "you won't be as funny, if you lose too much weight,"

BTW Congrats on your journey thus far and keep at it!
    Thanks ensign. What your friend confessed sucks big time, but its true; many people don't want you to become lean / muscular because they are afraid they will lose you. I believe it is because fit people has been mainly associated with selfish, dumb, self-centered and without-morals people through media.

I'm a writer and I know why. I can touch why. I can look down and not see my wee-wee and know why. Hollywood screenwriters are usually twice my size, so yeah, that's what happens.

That is why the job of Mr. Olympia was so important back in the 80's, people (kids, especially) would see they are normal human beings, they are no gym-rats who spend all day screaming at their muscles and admiring themselves on the mirror.

Having muscles also gets associated with aggressive behavior, especially on males, which is nonsense.

My best guess is either that or people want you fat so they can have the fat friend around. It makes them feel better about themselves to be the lean one standing next to you.

Ask yourself this: how many lean, muscular, fit friends your friend has? If he is walking in a group of lean, muscular men, wouldn't he stick out like a sore thumb? As the ugly duck by just being normal?

For them, that's YOUR job.

Most people WANT to have a fat friend. They will invite you to malls, to drink, even to dance. Honestly, let's drop the act here. Would you take someone who weights 320, 380 pounds to a club? What for? You know the person will be uncomfortable, you know the person won't dance, right? That person most likely will stay at the table looking around while the rest dances.

How much clothes a person carrying 380 pounds around can find at the mall?

They want her to hold the purse while they try new clothes. They may talk her fat friend into buying a pair of shoes or accessory, so she doesn't go home empty handed. They will even laugh on her back when she has problems struggling with her belly while she tries them on.

Most fat people get delusional about their friends. You will see fat women thinking their friends respect them because "they ask my opinion on clothes when we go shopping, cause I have a sense of fashion". No, they want to boost their self image with you around. They ask you stuff because you will realize they are only using you if they weren't asking you anything. So they make you "participate".

For men is the same. They would invite you to a game. Say soccer. They want you bouncing around so they can look like athletes to their girlfriends. They will even throw you the ball a couple of times so you don't loose interest.

You are the joke.

Same in clubs / bars. It is a way for them to get dates. They want you siting there, sweating, breathing hard while they talk out the ladies. "Well... at least he's better looking than his fat friend." Everyone wants to take home the prize, so how do you get to be the prize easily? You show them what the complete opposite looks like.

Sounds really messed up and even resentful on my part. But I don't hate people. I'm not a fat angry person. I just spent a lot of time in the jungle, so I know where all the traps are.

Keep in mind people like this are not trying to hurt anyone (especially you). It is just the way natural selection works. Using all the tools at their disposal, right?

Well, turn the game around.

@cherry, your friend sounds terrible. Does she knows how much you've struggled with your weight? Good for you on not visiting her too often. Next time use the cancer trick. "Oh no, I just read these cause cancer. It was on the paper, everyone talking about it on twitter. There are these gross pics from a university research. The FDA is studying to ban some of the components."

It will automatically turn her down from offering you that and switch her into considering a more healthy snack next time. Plus, you just ruined her food! Bonus points for waiting until she is chewing some to tell her. That way she can experience the EXTREME GUILT when swallowing something you KNOW its bad for you. Extreme points if you grab one with a napkin and say "yeah, these look like them..." then put it down like if they were going to bite off your fingers.
    Last edited by fatandnotproud; 05-06-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Stardate, 93948.03. We've arrived at the Ambrosia sector for repairs after a brief encounter with a rouge Klingon bird of prey that killed Chancellor M'Rek on Nubias 7. The damage our ship sustained was minimal, but since the Klingon's had access to Federation schematics for this particular model they knew where to hit.

I've lost another 2.2 pounds! My current weight is 138kg (304 lbs) and perhaps even less than that since I've been exercising and eating under my calorie deficit like a champ.

The other day my chest training was so intense I peed a little bit too yellow and a bit too thick; I was dehydrated and didn't even noticed. The ship doctor slap me on the neck and sent me to my quarters with a strict fluid intake for 72 hours. Pee was normal within the first hour. Panicked for a bit, but after seeing the white water flow like niagara, I was fine.

I've been hitting my arms and chest pretty hard, also, squats. I would love to be bulking; it would make my muscles grow pretty fast.

On a side note, I can't believe HOW LONG I WAITED to do all this. Feels great and it got me thinking into having a more active lifestyle.

Never went camping. Never did sports for fun. All my activities have been around a chair and I don't want to fade into the abyss without trying at least one sport in my life.

Can't do skate at 40 without breaking my neck. Not that I would want to, but that's one thing I will never do now. Also sky.

I don't know how to swim for example! I would love to box.

I've been living like an old person for so long that I now want to be 20 again. Wasted those years pretending to be an adult. Never learned how to be a kid.

Did you knew I used to wear a freaking suit and tie at 19 all the time? Yeah, that stupid. Never had t-shirts from my favorite rock band or comic hero. Now I would look like a hippie on them.

Middle life crisis? Perhaps. But I saw a pic on a ******** friend the other day (not real friend, just someone I know online from a writing group). He was with 4 or 5 girls on a creek, everyone had swimsuit, everyone was having a ball. He was around 18, 19 something at the time, someone tagged him in the pic. The girls were 19 something too.

That is something I never experienced. I never went to a creek, jumped from a rock and landed on the water with all the girls laughing and cooking some snacks. My 19's were spent inside an office doing graphic design.

The most I will get to experience now is from people my age. 34-something. Perhaps 40. They already had these fun moments to look back at, but now they carve something else. More adult.

Me? I never had that, never knew what camping with friends felt like, what talk at night about the future looking at the stars felt like.

I know what the future looks like. There are no surprises ahead so at the moment I have ZERO excitement for life. You can't be surprised at my age anymore. It comes with the birthday cake.

What my 40 year old friends are going to talk to me about? Debts? Their children? How much their car is costing them?

See where I'm going here, future-self and rest of the bodybuiilding community? I have lost time that I will NEVER, EVER get back. These experiences I watched at movies because I was working and now also see at some young friend's ******** wall are things that I won't be able to see through my own eyes. Ever. SLUSH! They are gone!

Also, I will never experience the fear of doing "something crazy" with my homeboys and the girls at the creek, mainly because I'm pushing 40. There is literally no experiences that can make me think "hell, this is crazy! If mom/dad finds out about this I'm SO ruined! Can't believe we are going to do this guys!"

Why? Because I'm old enough to stand in front of a judge now and say "look, I screwed up, let's just get this over with, I've got bills to pay." And he will probably agree. "You are not twenty anymore, what the hell were you thinking?" I will have to answer "I wasn't." But I won't feel the adrenaline boost. Not even if the judge stares at me. I've been stared by authority figures before; they all look the same.

When someone gets into an accident and you can react more quickly and responsible than everyone else around you, that's it; you're old. You're the Excuse me, Mister? Sir? Where are the bathrooms. Oh I'm sorry, thought you worked here. Aren't you a little too old for ______?.

Err...so... well, will get into looking what my options are for "active lifestyle at 40."

Ugh... sounds like I'm about to to join a sewing group...
    Last edited by fatandnotproud; 05-06-2016 at 04:04 AM.

Just checked wikipedia. No, no middle life crisis. More like "I never got to get that", so no middle age crisis yet. Just an overall feeling of having lost the train because I was too fat to do these things. Now that I see myself lean and mean in say, three years? I want to catch up.

Besides, I am a writer. I need to feel young to do my work. Otherwise, its crap.

Stardate, 93948.03. We've arrived at the Ambrosia sector for repairs after a brief encounter with a rouge Klingon bird of prey that killed Chancellor M'Rek on Nubias 7. The damage our ship sustained was minimal, but since the Klingon's had access to Federation schematics for this particular model they knew where to hit.

I've lost another 2.2 pounds! My current weight is 138kg (304 lbs) and perhaps even less than that since I've been exercising and eating under my calorie deficit like a champ.

The other day my chest training was so intense I peed a little bit too yellow and a bit too thick; I was dehydrated and didn't even noticed. The ship doctor slap me on the neck and sent me to my quarters with a strict fluid intake for 72 hours. Pee was normal within the first hour. Panicked for a bit, but after seeing the white water flow like niagara, I was fine.

I've been hitting my arms and chest pretty hard, also, squats. I would love to be bulking; it would make my muscles grow pretty fast.

On a side note, I can't believe HOW LONG I WAITED to do all this. Feels great and it got me thinking into having a more active lifestyle.

Never went camping. Never did sports for fun. All my activities have been around a chair and I don't want to fade into the abyss without trying at least one sport in my life.

Can't do skate at 40 without breaking my neck. Not that I would want to, but that's one thing I will never do now. Also sky.

I don't know how to swim for example! I would love to box.

I've been living like an old person for so long that I now want to be 20 again. Wasted those years pretending to be an adult. Never learned how to be a kid.

Did you knew I used to wear a freaking suit and tie at 19 all the time? Yeah, that stupid. Never had t-shirts from my favorite rock band or comic hero. Now I would look like a hippie on them.

Middle life crisis? Perhaps. But I saw a pic on a ******** friend the other day (not real friend, just someone I know online from a writing group). He was with 4 or 5 girls on a creek, everyone had swimsuit, everyone was having a ball. He was around 18, 19 something at the time, someone tagged him in the pic. The girls were 19 something too.

That is something I never experienced. I never went to a creek, jumped from a rock and landed on the water with all the girls laughing and cooking some snacks. My 19's were spent inside an office doing graphic design.

The most I will get to experience now is from people my age. 34-something. Perhaps 40. They already had these fun moments to look back at, but now they carve something else. More adult.

Me? I never had that, never knew what camping with friends felt like, what talk at night about the future looking at the stars felt like.

I know what the future looks like. There are no surprises ahead so at the moment I have ZERO excitement for life. You can't be surprised at my age anymore. It comes with the birthday cake.

What my 40 year old friends are going to talk to me about? Debts? Their children? How much their car is costing them?

See where I'm going here, future-self and rest of the bodybuiilding community? I have lost time that I will NEVER, EVER get back. These experiences I watched at movies because I was working and now also see at some young friend's ******** wall are things that I won't be able to see through my own eyes. Ever. SLUSH! They are gone!

Also, I will never experience the fear of doing "something crazy" with my homeboys and the girls at the creek, mainly because I'm pushing 40. There is literally no experiences that can make me think "hell, this is crazy! If mom/dad finds out about this I'm SO ruined! Can't believe we are going to do this guys!"

Why? Because I'm old enough to stand in front of a judge now and say "look, I screwed up, let's just get this over with, I've got bills to pay." And he will probably agree. "You are not twenty anymore, what the hell were you thinking?" I will have to answer "I wasn't." But I won't feel the adrenaline boost. Not even if the judge stares at me. I've been stared by authority figures before; they all look the same.

When someone gets into an accident and you can react more quickly and responsible than everyone else around you, that's it; you're old. You're the Excuse me, Mister? Sir? Where are the bathrooms. Oh I'm sorry, thought you worked here. Aren't you a little too old for ______?.

Err...so... well, will get into looking what my options are for "active lifestyle at 40."

Ugh... sounds like I'm about to to join a sewing group...
    This post...so many feels, i can identify with all of it.

I've been obese pretty much since childhood. My parents tell me when i was really really young, maybe age 5ish thereabouts, when guests would come over i'd sing and dance for them and was a chatterbox. But then i joined pre-school, i remember being happy and feeling normal and having loads of friends, but soon after that started to get laughed at and teased (i didn't know i was bigger till the teasing started). Which made me feel like crap, made me realise i was different and from that point in my life i just started to shut down and made food and TV my comfort.

My teenage years? Early 20s? When everyone was living life to the fullest with no regrets whatsoever? I was just a couchpotato by then watching movies, but really i wanted to be out and about. I had some really sh*t friends, they'd invite me every now and again when they were going clubbing or to events, i'd go, we'd get there, they'd run to meet and hang out with all the "hot boys" or the "cool girls" or whatever and i'd be left there standing by myself looking and feeling like a complete idiot. I have always been the token fat friend that was taken along to make everyone look and feel better about themselves. Something is really wrong with people, society really is warped in some crazy kind of way that i'll never understand. I would never in a million years treat people the way I've been treated, like i was some kind of jester to entertain the bored, or some kind of an outcast sigh.

If I was told I can have one wish, I would wish that I was 20 again and that I could have started this journey then. So that I could have had a life and just lived it and not been the hermit that i became. TV shows were my best friend, series after series, those characters were my BFF's.

But on this journey i am learning not to live in the past and learning to appreciate the here and now, the present day. Everyday is one step closer to my goal (even if it maybe 2, 3 years down the line or whenever). This journey is the one thing in my life i've given my 100%. As with everything there are ups and there are downs on it, but one thing i know there will never be any giving up on this journey, it's the one thing i'll fight for for the rest of my life, to get into good health and keep it that way till the end of my days. I never bothered doing a bucketlist because it always seemed to involve cool outdoorsy stuff that i was always too overweight for. But with everyday that passes i feel like i really want to start living life and will write that bucketlist afterall because i too deserve to do whatever the f*ck I want!

I still have a long way to go both weightwise and mentally/emotionally (i'm a hot mess, will take years to fix) but i'm much better than where i was about 1.5yrs ago when i was at my highest. I guess as with everything, baby steps.

Okay i need to stop rambling now lol. Till next time
    =================
    =================

Yes, we missed a lot.

But there is time. A lot of it. We can shape ourselves into our new selves. We ARE shaping us into our new selves. Focusing on what we are doing and what we are accomplishing one day at the time, every day, we are seeing the results. Sometimes I feel my progress is too slow, I know many here feel the same... I want to be the person I know I am NOW.

Then i remember rushing things always go sour. Since I am a writer, and since I work from home, I have a LOT of flexibility with my schedule. Funny, never used that for myself. Can't tell y'all how much time I wasted either sleeping, slacking, watching TV, browsing the Internet, etc.

I mean I wasn't a bum, but I could have used that time to better my body instead. Now I push myself hard each day, but I also know the kind of person I want to be when I reach my ideal weight.

if I was 90kg of lean mass and muscles now, right now? It won't work. I need to have a lot of other things in my life to feel great with myself, not just lean mass and muscles. This is just what people see, but then I need what they don't see to complete myself.

In retrospective, all this years I learned how to be methodic, how to work things out consistently. My journey started a long time ago when I was young. Everything that happened lead us to this moment, to this crossroad, to today.

The potential was always there and when we discovered we could fight back, it changed us in a way so profound, so deep we died. That person who felt old, who felt useless, died. Now we see so many possibilities we carve for more time. Funny isn't it? I bet not one of you noticed that; we used to feel bad about time, now we want more. We make no excuses, we skip a workout, we run twice the next day. We overeat, we find a new balance in our calorie intake tomorrow.

We used to make so many excuses for ourselves, for others, for the world, for everything and now we don't even make ONE single excuse. We take responsibility. We take the blame and we OWN that blame. We fix things.

No the same person we used to be. That one died.

How freaking great, we can shape ourselves anywhere we want. We don't have to walk around with our eyes closed any longer.

Nothing feels any better than knowing you can be that person you always wanted to be only by having consistency every day, for as long as it takes.

Can't wait to get there, but then again, I'm already him.

Just polishing the bits I don't find necessary anymore. No more shield made of fat for me. I can take it now.

Supplementary log.

I was sick this weekend. Couldn't workout Saturday, Sunday was spent with fever and Monday was so bad the ships' doctor gave me a strong shot of something that made me sleep through most of Today, which was Tuesday.

I woke late (7:00 pm) and found myself feeling a tad better. Had a good breakfast, then a nice lunch. Was still feeling bad, not entirely good.

But I worked out. I listened to that tiny voice that said "come on man, you can't cut if you don't workout!"

I did my bike training like if it was nothing. My legs burn. My lungs burn. My back hurts a little and I can't wait to push some weights tomorrow.

Because that's me now. Sick and all, I got up, put on my shoes and began pedaling like if death was behind me.

And it was. She was smiling at me. "Fuc*er has spirt* I heard her say.

She's right. I have.

Adding to the previous posts. I know I missed a lot in life, but now I'm reading to move forward. There are certain things I want for myself, like running outdoors, adventures, etc. I'm not too old to accomplish all that yet. There is a million things to do before age gets me.

I want to buy one of these wrist watch that measure heartbeats and calories this week, also, gear up to walk on Sundays. Walking on Sundays. Never thought I would say that.

I've spent quite some time reading about fitness, health, etc and kind of neglected some other aspects of my life, like work. But hell, I need to catch up with everyone else, so I can take another week.

Stardate 93982.05.

Today was chest day on the ship. We aren't moving anytime soon because of a blown up deflector, so while the crew is taking care of that, I took advantage of the holo deck and went training.

Dumbbell Press (3x15, half weight - warm up session)
    Dumbbell Flyes (3x15, half weight - warm up session)

Dumbbell Press (4x20, full weight)
    Squat (3x12, supper set)
    Dumbbell Flyes (3x20, full weight)

Dumbbell Bent Over Row (3x15, full weight)
    Dumbbell Press (2x20, full weight, last set to failure)

Pullover (3x25, full weight)

I was going to do shoulder shrugs, but the bent over was enough for today, my back feels the pain and I will be doing these on Friday anyway. Have to adjust my schedule since I lost two days in sick bay.

Then I ate 2 diet hamburgers, two slices of brown bread and an egg with a cup of joe with two sugar for a total amount of 579 calories.

Later I will be having dinner and will stay under my calorie deficit.

Oh, I got rid of another 4.5 pounds since last week. Bought a full body mirror and will get into buying new shoes later tonight. What'd you know? My brother did a little exercise on the bike yesterday after he saw me going sick and all. He also confessed to have done some squats at work. If you workout hard enough, people around you will follow.

I can't wait to bulk again and to get some muscles. Not because I want to look good (which I do), but because I want to achieve the goal.

Now, only if those damn Klingons would stop getting into our side of the border...

Captain out.

Supplementary log.

Another day, another 20 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike. Turns out I'm not 100% yet, but I gave it my 100%, which was more like a 90% of my regular effort. My hamstrings are killing me from the squats I did yesterday, but its okay, I can take pain.

More time on the bike, less time in the coffin.

I neglected to buy my apparel yesterday, got into watching Warrior (Tom Hardy) and then went to bed. I'm going to get into that today and on to a wristwatch for running, wanna start jogging, but first have to start walking on weekly basis. Also, biking.

Haven't had lunch yet, only breakfast (I never have lunch before exercising) and is already 6:00 PM. Overslept again cause I stayed up last night after getting into bed (woke up, couldn't sleep again. Slept only 4 hours top, then stayed up for like 5 hours, then slept a few hours more, woke at 4:00 PM)

Need to get my sleeping consistent or else I'm going to start screwing up my exercises too.

Now I'm waiting for a package to get delivered in a very dangerous area, which is where I live, so I have to stay sharp. Can't go with my mouth full or the wolves will eat me alive.

Will have lunch, then wait, then small dinner.

Glad to hear your feeling better....so am I thank goodness....nothing worse than being sick argh!

That's great news that your brother is finally joining in on the pursuit of good health bandwagon!

I know what you mean about wanting to start doing outdoorsy stuff/sports. I eventually hope to get there when i'm abit more lighter and abit more confident. At least for now we are still journeying on to good health!
    =================
    =================

Thanks Cherry! Glad you are feeling well too!

Today was arms day:

Skull crushers 3x20 half weight
    French Press 3x20 full weight
    Military press 3x15 half weight
    Shrugs 3x15 full weight
    Deltoids Rises 3x12 full weight
    Bicep Curl 3x20 full weight
    Concentration Curl Bicep 3x20 full weight

Feeling sore on my arms, a bit, but not too much, so I prob need to work harder, add more weight, or something. I'm on cut so this is not to get gains, but to keep the little ones I have.

Bought a mirror, looks amazing (full body mirror). I have never seen myself in a full body mirror. Its a goddamn shame I'm not handsome.

Next, buying training shoes and socks, plus, one of these fitbit things or something like it. Want a HR watch. I will start walking besides the stationary bike.

Bit disappointed today. After looking myself in the mirror I see no immediate changes from what I used to be. I know they are there, I can notice, but somehow my brain is putting more emphasis on the fat side than on my gains.

All my gains were from when I used to eat like a pig, not from my cut. I often wonder if I should be bulking instead of cutting, so that I would end with a more toned body.

My current weight is 295 pounds with a huge belly and manboobs. Maybe I should cut down to 220 and then start a bulk, to later cut again definitely but have something to cut to under the skin.

My arms were extremely sore from my Saturday workout (arms) and I almost make today into cardio day. After all, I won't be seeing any gains from this, won't I? It is just to keep the muscle, not to extend it, as hard as I can workout.

Screw it. I did it anyway.

DB press 2x20 half weight
    DB press 3x20 full weight
    DB flyes 3x20 full weight
    DB bent over rises (pushing my back for major effect) 3x20, full weight
    DB cavalier crossover (this one is pretty cool) 3x20, full weight
    DB pull over, full weight, 3x20

I will keep eating under calorie deficit. I will keep fighting. Stronger. Harder.

Need to get those shoes. Need to get that watch.

thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) thescribe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP I just wanted to say that I support you and I really enjoyed reading about your progress. Thank you for sharing
    Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

SW: 158kg (348lb) 2014
    CW: 107.5kg (236.9lb) 2016
    GW: 54kg (119lb) 2017

Accountability thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171524861&page=1

Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ladyeclectic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bit disappointed today. After looking myself in the mirror I see no immediate changes from what I used to be. I know they are there, I can notice, but somehow my brain is putting more emphasis on the fat side than on my gains.
    Funny how I felt that way yesterday too. I took another progress pic of myself, feeling as though FINALLY I'd see some change from the first ones I took (15lbs down, and I felt like I could finally pull my stomach in!). But when I put them side by side, I still looked like a fat cow.

That's why I love the fact that I had measurements taken when I first started working out. In the past few weeks, I've lost 3/4" from my arm, 1.5" from my waist, and 1/2" from my hips. I'm also now able to get into jeans and shirts easily that a month ago didn't fit right. Maybe that's what you should focus on, how loose your clothing is or how your body is shrinking via tape measure. Numbers don't lie - well, except the scale.
    Starting weight: 305lbs - April 23, 2016 (highest was 311lbs)
    Current weight: 276.2
    -------------
    Goals: hit 220 by holidays, maintain; hit 180 then start a slow/lean bulk; finally cut down to ~150
    Non-scale goals: Take my mother out wedding dress shopping next spring because she wasn't there when I got mine.

Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice work dude. Love the Trek spin on your log. Even though I hated Star Trek growing up, my dad was a Trekkie so I get it.

FYI maybe I'm going to get flamed to hell and back for this, but from what I understand, *heavier* people are capable of muscle gain while losing weight. Wish I remembered the source, but anatomy of someone with 10% BF and someone with 40% BF is very different.

Originally Posted by Strobe57 View Post
    Nice work dude. Love the Trek spin on your log. Even though I hated Star Trek growing up, my dad was a Trekkie so I get it.

FYI maybe I'm going to get flamed to hell and back for this, but from what I understand, *heavier* people are capable of muscle gain while losing weight. Wish I remembered the source, but anatomy of someone with 10% BF and someone with 40% BF is very different.
    Thanks man! Now you just made me feel old! LOL

Yes, noob gains are totally possible, but I believe I'm past that point since I've been working out for months now. Totally true about the anatomy of someone with 10%/40%. Thanks for the support, it really means a lot!
    [ Starting Weight: 165 KG ]--[ Current Weight: 117 KG ]--[ GOAL: Sexy ]

Inspired by: Cherry Garcia - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Originally Posted by Ladyeclectic View Post
    Funny how I felt that way yesterday too. I took another progress pic of myself, feeling as though FINALLY I'd see some change from the first ones I took (15lbs down, and I felt like I could finally pull my stomach in!). But when I put them side by side, I still looked like a fat cow.

That's why I love the fact that I had measurements taken when I first started working out. In the past few weeks, I've lost 3/4" from my arm, 1.5" from my waist, and 1/2" from my hips. I'm also now able to get into jeans and shirts easily that a month ago didn't fit right. Maybe that's what you should focus on, how loose your clothing is or how your body is shrinking via tape measure. Numbers don't lie - well, except the scale.
    Thanks for posting Ladyeclectic!

I measured myself a month ago, I should be getting the notification from the forum soon, but from my last measurement I had gone down a few inches as well, just like you!

Inspired by: Cherry Garcia - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Originally Posted by thescribe View Post
    OP I just wanted to say that I support you and I really enjoyed reading about your progress. Thank you for sharing
    Thanks TheScribe!

Screwed up today.

I got up late, 2:00 PM (gotta do something about that) and had a quick breakfast, then got into weight lifting.

My lifting was sloppy, at best, but I managed to get a good pump towards half-end. I would consider that an accident for now.

Arms:
    - Alternate bicep curl, 2 sets half weight, 20 reps
    - Same exercise, 4 sets full weight, 20 reps
    - Skull crushers, 4 sets half weight, 15 reps
    - Shrugs, full weight, 4 sets of 20 reps
    - lateral rise, full weight, 1 set of 12 reps
    - lateral rise, half weight, 3 sets of 12 reps
    - front rise, just one rep with my right hand full weight, almost broke my shoulder and back at the same time, screamed like a little girl, that was interesting. Learning so much about myself.
    - isolated lateral rise, 3 sets, full weight, 15 reps
    - french press, 4 sets, full weight, 15 reps.

Everything was well until the moment of eating.

Goal for the day: 1800 calories
    Total calorie intake: 1780

Should have gone slow there. Normally I go to 1300-1400 calories. Today I came too close to my deficit, which means I will loose only a really tiny portion of the weight I could be losing today.

Oh well...

On the good note, I finally ordered a fitbit (fitbit one) and found a pair of NEW RUNNING SHOES I HAVE NEVER USED BEFORE lost under my bed.

Now that I can bend over, life gets interesting.

I'm planning on going out for a walk on Saturday, then Sunday. Two hours, 8 AM. Then, 2 hours each day, plus my 3 days a week of bike cardio HIIT, plus 3 days a week of lifting.

My goal is to be able to go jogging and use a regular bike to exercise.

I would buy one of these tight pants runners use, but at my current weight and body shape, I will get detained by police and prob derived to the zoo.

That said, help me find some nice videos of people walking as exercise. Young people walking. All I find is all people and...it get some down, somehow.
    Last edited by fatandnotproud; 05-26-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would buy one of these tight pants runners use, but at my current weight and body shape, I will get detained by police and prob derived to the zoo.
    Screw the tight pants, let's wear speedos out.

Originally Posted by Strobe57 View Post
    Screw the tight pants, let's wear speedos out.
    Lol, would be WILD!

New log:
    Did a 20 min HIIT session on Saturday with my stationary bike. Today was rest day, but I began shopping for a real bike to use. I might not be getting it this month though, have some bills to pay, but next month for sure. For now, I will begin walking 60 min a day once I get my new FITBIT. Until then, just weight liftings and stationary bike.

Note: along with the diet, I believe cardio works great, though so far my cardio has been only stationary bike and that might not be enough (especially since I am doing a 20 min HIIT session). Adding 60 min walks and then 20 min runs will make a difference I believe.

Have to train the body, not just the mind.

Got right on track.

After screwing up the other day, Yesterday was healthy. Under calorie deficit (pretty sure nothing slipped), had a balanced day between work and exercise.

Chest day. Men's day.

Pullover, maximun weight: 3 x 15 reps
    Dumbbell, half weight: 3 x 20 reps
    Dumbbell, full weight, 4 x 20 reps
    Dumbbell, half weight 1 x failure
    Flyes, half weight, 2 x 20 reps
    Flyes, full weight, 3 x 15 reps
    Bent over rises, 2 x 15 reps. One more set until failure, total 3 sets.
    Squats, 3 x 13, body weight

I won't be building any muscle from this, but will keep the ones I have, which should be enough.

On other news, I've decided to get a bike. Will see how that goes.

Today is cardio day, walking the streets, then home for a bike HIIT workout (20 mins).

The cardio is nice, but the majority of our weight loss still comes from what we shove into our mouth :P Just noticed your goal weight lol...