Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100)

Why are my shoulders hurting so much after squatting?

I do low bar squats and during the squat, there is no pain, but as soon as I rack the bar and step away my shoulders are killing me. They end up achy all day long after as well.

I've notices small tinges of pain while benching as well, prior to any paid while squatting but I took a little time off and the pain went away. Is it more likely that I haven't done enough to care for my shoulders and need to lay off the bench? Am I doing something wrong while squatting? Do I just need to stretch and improve my ROM?

I'd appreciate any advice and recommendations.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    shoulder mobility work is almost always a good idea. You should also warm up your shoulder prior to squating. A lot of folk's will do face pulls between squat sets. Face pulls, band a parts, scarecrows, as well as the typical AC/RC/Scap band work can get your shoulder in a good state.

reodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Praemonstrator View Post
    I do low bar squats and during the squat, there is no pain, but as soon as I rack the bar and step away my shoulders are killing me. They end up achy all day long after as well.

I've notices small tinges of pain while benching as well, prior to any paid while squatting but I took a little time off and the pain went away. Is it more likely that I haven't done enough to care for my shoulders and need to lay off the bench? Am I doing something wrong while squatting? Do I just need to stretch and improve my ROM?

I'd appreciate any advice and recommendations.
    Refrain from low bar squats... I used to do these and I did not have the shoulder flexibility to really get my shoulders back that far. It's not a natural way to hold any type of weight.

I had rotator cuff surgery in Dec of 2014 and I largely blame having to ultimately get that surgery due to wrenching my arms and shoulders back, stupidly, to do low bar squats.

Try now, can you get your shoulders in the low bar position where you are standing/sitting right now? I know I can't

CK

Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000) Radicalnotions is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you flaring your elbows back? Some people have to do this due to lack of shoulder mobility, others do it intentionally to create a nice shelf on the rear delts for the bar to sit.