Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

100 Day Keto Diet

Hello all. I am pretty new the forum section of this website. I come here today for one real goal in mind. I want to lose fat, a lot of fat. Right now I just took my first picture, which I really do not want to post (until maybe I look better?). I am 22 years old. 6 feet tall 261.2lb. My guess (and I am buying calipers soon) is that I am around 30% body fat. For anyone who is interested in keto, like I am, I am going to log every single day for the next 100 days. I will show what I ate and how I worked out. Hopefully my results will encourage you to try keto. For anyone who is a keto enthusiast that would love to provide tips to me, or inspiration, I would greatly appreciate it as I am incredibly anxious. So first day starts tomorrow, I will provide an update at that time. Thanks, Tyler

Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyler9219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also I forgot to mention.

I will be trying intermittent fasting if possible. 18 6. I plan to take in 2040 calories per day regardless of training.

My supplements will include evolution nutrition lean mode. True test HD. ON double rich chocolate whey. ON optimen. ON 1g glutamine. ON bcaa.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey, wishing you all the best, I highly recommend reading the reddit keto FAQ page that has some great keto info all put together, the electrolyte guidelines especially are pretty insightful as they may help bypass or minimise keto flu. https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Thanks for that link! I was aware of the keto flu, but did not know I could avoid it! I'm hoping so... I'll definitely be blogging it if so lol

Day 1

261.2lb
    Approx 30% BF

So I apparently just found out that bodybuilding.com will not let me post pictures or links unless I have 50 posts... I guess I'll just have to wait. I did pretty good today tho with my meal plan. I hit 15g carbs total, 156g fat, and 118g, protein. My three big meals were two chicken Caesar salads with mozzarella on top and eggs and bacon for dinner. Overall I felt great today to be able to start. Here's to more.

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great! Keep the tracking If you really want to share the pictures with the community, try imageshack or tinypic (some page like that) and share the link. How is the training?

Originally Posted by repower View Post
    Great! Keep the tracking If you really want to share the pictures with the community, try imageshack or tinypic (some page like that) and share the link. How is the training?
    I tried TinyPic, but I am not allowed to post links yet either. I am slowly creeping up to the 50 post mark though. My training is iffy. I plan to try and do cardio at least 3 times a week. My biggest issue is trying to find am exercise plan that I am comfortable with. I've looked at the various plans for fat loss on the website and I think I may try the Craig capurso extreme cut trainer. I'd appreciate any advice!

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tyler9219 View Post
    I tried TinyPic, but I am not allowed to post links yet either. I am slowly creeping up to the 50 post mark though. My training is iffy. I plan to try and do cardio at least 3 times a week. My biggest issue is trying to find am exercise plan that I am comfortable with. I've looked at the various plans for fat loss on the website and I think I may try the Craig capurso extreme cut trainer. I'd appreciate any advice!
    I suggest running All-Pro's routine. It's a full body workout 3x a week which is optimal for novice lifters. Cardio is also encouraged on the off days. This a proven routine that promotes growth through increasing repetition and then weight. Routine Hyperlinked Below
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Simple Beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

Originally Posted by danfleysher View Post
    I suggest running All-Pro's routine. It's a full body workout 3x a week which is optimal for novice lifters. Cardio is also encouraged on the off days. This a proven routine that promotes growth through increasing repetition and then weight. Routine Hyperlinked Below
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    Great thank you for that! I'm definitely gonna give that a shot. What would you recommend for cardio and abs?

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not him of course, but I think that with cardio your best choices are HIIT and walking, 2 sessions of 20min HIIT and 2-3 sessions per week of just walking 40-45min is enough (Walk to work, etc, try to don't use the treadmill too much, is too bored in my opinion haha) and for abs, try to incorporate some stability exercise, and upper ab exercise, a lower ab exercise, and a oblique. Example: Planks/ab wheel, air bicycle, and a leg exercise.

Originally Posted by repower View Post
    I'm not him of course, but I think that with cardio your best choices are HIIT and walking, 2 sessions of 20min HIIT and 2-3 sessions per week of just walking 40-45min is enough (Walk to work, etc, try to don't use the treadmill too much, is too bored in my opinion haha) and for abs, try to incorporate some stability exercise, and upper ab exercise, a lower ab exercise, and a oblique. Example: Planks/ab wheel, air bicycle, and a leg exercise.
    Okay sounds good to me... I just finished my last meal for the day and I've got to say that I am totally stuffed. I had to force it down. I've never been able to say that on any other diet. Also on a side note, are keto headaches a thing? I'm not a coffee or pop drinker so I don't think it's caffeine withdrawal

Day 2

256.7lb
    Down 4.4lb

I was pleasantly surprised jumping on the scale this morning. I know that most if not att of this is water weight, but I am glad to see the number move already for me. Last night I had a pretty bad headache and was wondering if it was because of keto. I'm hoping today will go a little more smoothly.

Since I still can not post pictures or links, my meals today are as follows. For breakfast I'll have 3 eggs 1/2 cup cheddar and 6 pieces of bacon. Lunch is a chicken Ceasars salad with mozzarella on top. Dinner is 8 Oz delicious leg quarters with the skin still on

Overall my Macros today will be
    128g fat
    101g protein
    11g total carbs

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    The headaches are probably a side-effect of getting adapted to ketosis. They'll go away in a few days and then you'll feel full of energy.

I suggest Low Intensity Steady State (LISS) cardio. Something like, as repower said, walking/jogging. Personally, I take my iPad to the gym, hop on the treadmill @3mph with a very steep incline, and watch my show for an hour. Sometimes I get on the spin bike and cruise. Two birds with one stone

Incorporating High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is good but if we're talking strictly fat loss purposes, I don't think it's necessary as the amount of calories it claims to burn post workout isn't all that crazy (I think it's roughly 30 extra calories). It can also take away from your lifts because you do need time to recover. HIIT is great if you want to increase speed and lactate threshold (point at which your muscles begin to fatigue) but I would suggest doing it right before your rest day. So if you would work Mon/Wed/Fri, I would do LISS on Tue/Thu and then HIIT on Sat. You can use Sunday as a complete rest day or you can be a gym rat like me and do another session of LISS. I'd reccommend lowering the incline or resistance on Sundays though, you do need SOME rest haha.

Goals:

You can post a picture to your bodyspace (profile) if you want. I don't think you have to set it as your picture.

Goals:

I'm just wanting to post pictures of my meals and total nutrients....i don't really want to post body pictures yet cuz I'm not really happy at all with it lol. I Figured being able to post absolutely everything I eat would be better for People to critique.

My eyes are up here. hendrixfreak70's Avatar
    hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If your goal is to gain muscle at all, you'll need to increase your protein a lot. And of course by doing that, you will need to increase total calories. Run macros at 70/25/5 and about 3000 calories. This will provide about 188 grams of protein. That should be plenty to gain muscle. If muscle isn't a concern, then what your macros are now would work.
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 10:13

Originally Posted by hendrixfreak70 View Post
    If your goal is to gain muscle at all, you'll need to increase your protein a lot. And of course by doing that, you will need to increase total calories. Run macros at 70/25/5 and about 3000 calories. This will provide about 188 grams of protein. That should be plenty to gain muscle. If muscle isn't a concern, then what your macros are now would work.

My goal right now is just straight fat loss. I do have a decent amount of muscle (underneath all the junk) so I just want to maintain that if possible. And I am running Macros at 70/25/5

Does anybody know if optimum nutrition amino energy causes insulin spikes? I am sipping on those for bcaa throughout the day

Alright so I am really craving something sweet... Anybody know any recipes I can try? Also if I have one cheat meal on Friday, how much of a negative effect will that cause?

Does anybody know if optimum nutrition amino energy causes insulin spikes? I am sipping on those for bcaa throughout the day
    Any whey protein causes insulin spikes. If you consume whey protein, try to do so with a decent amount of fat in the same meal. THIS isn't going to make your fat loss harder or longer (as long as you maintain the deficit) but could kick you out from ketosis and lose some energy benefits mostly.

Okay. The amino energy is a bcaa drink that claims it has no carbs or sugar, but it does contain sucralose. How long does it take to go back into keto? And also how do I know if I'm in keto?

Day 3

252.3lb
    Down 8.8 lb

So I am really happy to see the scale move again. If it moves again like this tomorrow I will be completely ecstatic because I was expecting to lose 10lbs in one month total. I do know still that this might be all water weight, but I feel good that the scale is moving and confidence is a huge factor. I'll be posting my meals today once I figure out how to hit my Macros!

So today I was pretty dang busy so I didn't really get to eat a wide assortment of things. For breakfast I ate just plain bacon. For lunch I had a cheeseburger with mayo, obviously no bun. I liked that so much that guess what I had for dinner.... Two more burgers... Like I said not the greatest assortment, but my Macros are as follows

Carbs 3g 1%
    Protein 90g 26%
    Fat 114g 73%

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright so I am really craving something sweet... Anybody know any recipes I can try? Also if I have one cheat meal on Friday, how much of a negative effect will that cause?
    In terms of craving something sweet, if you google "keto fat bomb recipes" or something like that lots of recipes will come up. They usually are a mix of fats to bring up fat percentage for the day if your low on cals. Some example is like a mix of peanut butter, butter, cocoa powder and some stevia (stevia without filler ingredients or erythritol is also acceptable as glycemic index of both is zero). Mix and put in freezer for abit to set and comes out almost like real chocolate and helps kill that craving. That's a really rough example but to give an idea of what they would be like but loads of detailed easy and more complex "keto desserts" and stuff available if you google.

Be sure to plug everything into MFP to be sure you're not going over on carbs, alot of those usually call for nuts or nut butters that add up in carbs.

If you can't tell, i have a sweet tooth haha, that's what got me in trouble in the first place. Seriously the keto treats helped me out on my journey a whole lot.

Also in regards to the cheat meal, i wouldn't recommend it (but that's just my 2 cents), better to just add butter or drizzle olive oil on whatever protein dish you're having to help satisfy both your body and mind. Alot of the times when i'm tempted to cheat or idle i log into the r/keto page on reddit and read all the success stories (i actually log into xxketo which is solely a womens reddit keto page so more identifiable for me). Alot of those tend to have stories also on what started as a cheat and ended up as falling off the wagon completely. Everyone is different, some people can recover from it and some can't, personally i know i can't which is why i've never cheated on the entire 10months i've been on keto, on days i'm hungry i increase fats with fat bombs or add butter/coconut oil/olive oil to my meals.

Sorry for rambling on your log, i can talk about keto all day haha. But seriously though congrats on the weightloss so far, you're doing great!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    In terms of craving something sweet, if you google "keto fat bomb recipes" or something like that lots of recipes will come up. They usually are a mix of fats to bring up fat percentage for the day if your low on cals. Some example is like a mix of peanut butter, butter, cocoa powder and some stevia (stevia without filler ingredients or erythritol is also acceptable as glycemic index of both is zero). Mix and put in freezer for abit to set and comes out almost like real chocolate and helps kill that craving. That's a really rough example but to give an idea of what they would be like but loads of detailed easy and more complex "keto desserts" and stuff available if you google.

Be sure to plug everything into MFP to be sure you're not going over on carbs, alot of those usually call for nuts or nut butters that add up in carbs.

If you can't tell, i have a sweet tooth haha, that's what got me in trouble in the first place. Seriously the keto treats helped me out on my journey a whole lot.

Also in regards to the cheat meal, i wouldn't recommend it (but that's just my 2 cents), better to just add butter or drizzle olive oil on whatever protein dish you're having to help satisfy both your body and mind. Alot of the times when i'm tempted to cheat or idle i log into the r/keto page on reddit and read all the success stories (i actually log into xxketo which is solely a womens reddit keto page so more identifiable for me). Alot of those tend to have stories also on what started as a cheat and ended up as falling off the wagon completely. Everyone is different, some people can recover from it and some can't, personally i know i can't which is why i've never cheated on the entire 10months i've been on keto, on days i'm hungry i increase fats with fat bombs or add butter/coconut oil/olive oil to my meals.

Sorry for rambling on your log, i can talk about keto all day haha. But seriously though congrats on the weightloss so far, you're doing great!
    You're not rambling at all! I started the log so that I could have nice input from people like yourself. I am definitely going to Google fat bombs and see what comes up my cravings come and go pretty hard, but so far I'm standing strong lol

Day 4

249.2lb
    Down 11.9 lbs.

Uhhh can anybody tell how much water weight it is possible to lose??? I could not believe when I stepped on the scale this morning. As said before, I was asking for 10lb in a month! To be down almost 12lb at this point and down one belt loop, I am absolutely ecstatic. I feel like I am cheating the weight loss system somehow. I can not wait to see what results I actually pull off this month now. I think my new goal for this month would be 20lb down? Surely this weight loss will slow, but I think 20lb now is a very solid mark.... I will be posting my meals and macros later on today! Cheers everyone

Okay so today for meals

Breakfast
    3 eggs
    2.5 tbsp whipping cream
    1/2 cup cheddar
    2 sausage links

Lunch/dinner

4 Oz Chipotle smoked chicken
    3 Kraft mozzarella string cheese

Snack through the day

2 servings of homemade "Brownie Fat bombs"

Total calories 1524
    Carbs 12g 3%
    Protein 95g 22%
    Fats 139g 75%

Day 4

249.2lb
    Down 11.9 lbs.

Uhhh can anybody tell how much water weight it is possible to lose??? I could not believe when I stepped on the scale this morning. As said before, I was asking for 10lb in a month! To be down almost 12lb at this point and down one belt loop, I am absolutely ecstatic. I feel like I am cheating the weight loss system somehow. I can not wait to see what results I actually pull off this month now. I think my new goal for this month would be 20lb down? Surely this weight loss will slow, but I think 20lb now is a very solid mark.... I will be posting my meals and macros later on today! Cheers everyone
    I believe it's possible to lose 6-7 lbs of water weight. It really depends on the individual though. Progress looks good so keep it up!

Goals:

Day 5

250.1lb
    Down 11lb

The scale went up!!! That is okay I guess. I have to say, I woke up this morning and for the first time in a long time, was actually somewhat happy with what I saw in the mirror. I know it has only been 5 more days and there will be a lot more progress, but I can't believe that my body has reached so positively to the change! I truly wish I could post my progress photos, so I have some backing to what I am saying, but it will be soon. By the time I can post them, I'll have even more progress. I can not wait for the next weeks!

Day 6

252.3lb
    Down 8.8 lb

Well darn.The scale is going up again. I guess this happens sometimes, but it's starting to concerrn me a little bit to be honest. I'm just gonna stay the course and hope the results start coming again!