Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with Mrpb on the point about your supplement use.

Why are you taking bcaas with a protein rich Meal? Personal preference?

Why do you choose skimmed milk over whole milk?

Do you plan on joining a gym? Or upgrading your home equipment?

Fwiw, I enjoy eating like a bro too. It helps me feel satiated and somehow I feel better and perform better. Most probably placebo, but who cares eh.
    Last edited by muruku; 02-08-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Chicken, fish, meat, dairy, beans are all full of BCAAs.

At your stats you want to make sure you eat about 160-180 gram protein spread over a couple of meals. If you do that BCAAs are completely useless.
    Are you referring to two meals per day there? If so, are you saying I should have all my protein in those two meals?

By "useless" do you mean that if I take in my protein quota for the day, I do not need additional BCAAs?
    I use whey and casein myself occasionally. Just for convenience.
    Two reasons I use it:
    1. Taste
    2. Convenience

Here's the micros in a piece of salmon:

And one scoop of protein powder:
    Not ashamed to admit that I do not know how to figure out the amount of BCAA from that label... Will you please help with that?

Thanks for all the help so far!

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those screens shots do not show the bcaa content, only the micronutrient breakdown.

Check out this ink for a primer on bcaas
    https://examine.com/supplements/bran...n-amino-acids/
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Are you referring to two meals per day there? If so, are you saying I should have all my protein in those two meals?
    You're only eating 2 meals per day? Why specifically?

Not ashamed to admit that I do not know how to figure out the amount of BCAA from that label... Will you please help with that?
    You can find the BCAA content of salmon on www.cronometer.com

BCAA supplementation:
    “Despite the popularity of BCAA supplements we find shockingly little evidence for their efficacy in promoting MPS or lean mass gains and would advise the use of intact proteins as opposed to a purified combination of BCAA that appear to antagonize each other in terms of transport both into circulation and likely in to the muscle”
    http://journal.frontiersin.org/artic...015.00245/full
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    I agree with Mrpb on the point about your supplement use.

Why are you taking bcaas with a protein rich Meal? Personal preference?

Why do you choose skimmed milk over whole milk?

Do you plan on joining a gym? Or upgrading your home equipment?

Fwiw, I enjoy eating like a bro too. It helps me feel satiated and somehow I feel better and perform better. Most probably placebo, but who cares eh.
    Thanks for chiming in.

• My understanding was that BCAA can be taken post-workout, intra-workout, and also throughout the day. I just choose to have it with a meal sometimes.

• I cannot stand the taste/texture of whole milk.

• what's wrong with my home equipment? I have everything I need at this time. I could use some additional plates for my Dumbbells, so I don't have to switch between sets.

I realize what I do and possibly what/how I eat is different than others in here. I am fine with that. I have had great results in the last 16 months. I am not trying to copy anyone, but I am willing to learn from someone that knows more than me.

Thanks.

You're only eating 2 meals per day? Why specifically?
    No. I thought you were suggesting that, because you suggested ~180g Protein in two meals. I have no specific schedule for my meals. I eat when I am hungry.

You can find the BCAA content of salmon on www.cronometer.com

BCAA supplementation:
    “Despite the popularity of BCAA supplements we find shockingly little evidence for their efficacy in promoting MPS or lean mass gains and would advise the use of intact proteins as opposed to a purified combination of BCAA that appear to antagonize each other in terms of transport both into circulation and likely in to the muscle”
    http://journal.frontiersin.org/artic...015.00245/full
    Interesting.
    I will look that up for sure.

And thanks for the link to the BCAA info on Salmon. When you shared those micro charts before, I thought you were trying to make a point about BCAA content in those food items.

Those screens shots do not show the bcaa content, only the micronutrient breakdown.

Check out this ink for a primer on bcaas
    https://examine.com/supplements/bran...n-amino-acids/
    I will.
    Thank you!

Thanks for chiming in.

• My understanding was that BCAA can be taken post-workout, intra-workout, and also throughout the day. I just choose to have it with a meal sometimes.

• I cannot stand the taste/texture of whole milk.

• what's wrong with my home equipment? I have everything I need at this time. I could use some additional plates for my Dumbbells, so I don't have to switch between sets.

I realize what I do and possibly what/how I eat is different than others in here. I am fine with that. I have had great results in the last 16 months. I am not trying to copy anyone, but I am willing to learn from someone that knows more than me.

Thanks.
    Yea I totally agree that personal preference is important. It really helps with dietary adherence.

As for the weights, I just felt that you will "outgrow" them soon.

I really like your attitude though!
    � Jerry West �

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No. I thought you were suggesting that, because you suggested ~180g Protein in two meals.
    Ideally I'd suggest 4 or 5 protein rich meals per day unless that's inconvenient, in that case 3 will do.

I wouldn't recommend 2, although it's still possible to get results that way.

And thanks for the link to the BCAA info on Salmon. When you shared those micro charts before, I thought you were trying to make a point about BCAA content in those food items.
    The point I was trying to make is why whole foods beat supplements, in many aspects.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

As for the weights, I just felt that you will "outgrow" them soon.
    That is possible, though I am being cautious about adding too much weight, too soon. I did that last summer and hurt my back. Now I am going much slower and enjoying the ride.

Also, my main goal is not even to get big. I just want to do it to be healthy, to avoid a scrony look, and because I like it.

Thanks.

Ideally I'd suggest 4 or 5 protein rich meals per day unless that's inconvenient, in that case 3 will do.

I wouldn't recommend 2, although it's still possible to get results that way.
    Most days, 3 meals would be much easier to get in than 5.

The point I was trying to make is why whole foods beat supplements, in many aspects.
    Yes. I misunderstood it for an attempt to compare specific BCAA content.

I appreciate the clarification.

So much to learn...

nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most days, 3 meals would be much easier to get in than 5.
    Remember that a meal, in this context, can be a protein shake.

Originally Posted by nakkiz View Post
    Remember that a meal, in this context, can be a protein shake.
    Sometimes, when I am on the run, a 2-scoop protein shake is my meal.
    Sometimes it is very convenient not to have to sit down for a meal.