Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1688
    itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Nice work! That is quite the amount of deadlifting you did there. Does the benching often work out well? I've considered increasing my frequency with bench but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    It definitely does. If I bench 1x a week, my bench drops. At 2x a week, it stays the same. At 3x a week, it will grudgingly move forward. The catch right now is that my bench usually drops while I'm dieting, so I'm hoping that keeping my benching at 3x a week plus increasing volume on those days will help me stand my ground and not run backwards. Actual progress may be too much to ask for until I stop dieting lol.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Glute activations are great for all leg days, I feel a lot more glute work in my squat days too. I kept telling myself to start them but only recently got in the habit. Having band is good for the crab walks, and monster walks, but I don't have one strong enough so I mostly just do BW 1-leg bridges, clam shells, kickbacks, fire hydrants, donkey kicks. I'm also pretty sedentary so my ass can use the wake up. lol.
    I have only recently begun to grasp just how much my desk job has been affecting my muscles. I've got some minor anterior pelvic tilt, which isn't necessarily a big issue on it's own. But combined with sitting for long periods of time, it will tighten up my spinal erectors and hip flexors, which in turn make it harder for my abs and glutes to function properly. I have been doing glute activation before lifting, and it definitely helps, particularly on leg day.
    I'm still not a big fan on the days I have a bit more volume, but learning to breathe better has made a big difference in how I feel about them. I used to hate that I'd feel winded, and out of breathe, and I'd get tired before my legs did.
    I rarely do higher rep back squats and deads, and when I do, I generally want to do lay down and die afterwards lol. Higher rep on those for me is anything over 5, which is maybe kinda sad On the other hand, being able to bang out reps past a certain number also doesn't seem to translate over to my 1RM on either lift, so I'm not feeling too badly about it.

FallenAngel got weights that way, and she spray painted her plates. Not so practical for equipment but it is a nice way to make used equipment look newer, and more match-y.
    I haven't bothered to paint my weights, though they could certainly use it, I'm just being lazy. All of my olympic bars have been de-rusted and re-painted though, I couldn't put those off because they were so rusty they'd just leave big brown patches of rust on everything they touched and they looked like an ad for "hey kids, remember to get your tetanus shot!". One day I'll get a nice new power bar lol.

-----------------------

So the mystery of my knees moving out when I flexed my glutes yesterday was solved. The lacrosse ball informed me that absolutely everything from my gluteus medius all the way down the outside of my hip to (and including) my outer quad needed to be released. Took care of that last night, and this morning I can flex my glutes without my knees moving out or in, which is nice

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    I have only recently begun to grasp just how much my desk job has been affecting my muscles. I've got some minor anterior pelvic tilt, which isn't necessarily a big issue on it's own. But combined with sitting for long periods of time, it will tighten up my spinal erectors and hip flexors, which in turn make it harder for my abs and glutes to function properly. I have been doing glute activation before lifting, and it definitely helps, particularly on leg day.
    Yeah I had to ask PR about it, because I have a slight tilt only when I lock my knees, and turns out that counts at having some APT. I already have occasional lower back issues, so any postural problems that can contribute need to be worked out. Been doing the glute work, and hip stretching, but I need to stretch my quads too, not just roll them.
    I rarely do higher rep back squats and deads, and when I do, I generally want to do lay down and die afterwards lol.
    My paused squats are 6-8, and my fronts are 8-10. It's still pretty rough, but at least the back squats aren't up to 12. Lunges kill me too.
    I haven't bothered to paint my weights, though they could certainly use it, I'm just being lazy. All of my olympic bars have been de-rusted and re-painted though, I couldn't put those off because they were so rusty they'd just leave big brown patches of rust on everything they touched and they looked like an ad for "hey kids, remember to get your tetanus shot!". One day I'll get a nice new power bar lol.
    I probably wouldn't paint my bar, because it seems likely to chip faster anyway, but maybe my plates depending on how bad they got. They'd have to get pretty mangled for me to bother. lol
    So the mystery of my knees moving out when I flexed my glutes yesterday was solved.
    Yay! Rolling, and LAX balls are so great. Especially the LAX ball, because I don't have foam rolling space at my boyfriend's, so I can still work out some areas with it.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've missed so much.....

There does seem to be a common theme in terms of less welfare / more military spending. This is particularly convulated when you think about how many veterans are in need of support services, and aren't necessarily getting the help they need. But hey, let's give 'em cool guns when they're in the 20's, then leave 'em on the streets in their 60's. Because guns and jets are waaaaaayyyyy cooler talking points than food stamps and counseling services
    Agreed. I feel the same way about children - I hear so much about how wrong abortion is, but then we'll take away support, medical care, and education? So we only care about them until they are born, and then eff 'em? Let's support our troops until they REALLY need our support, after enduring some serious crap, and then we just tell them to brush it off and move on with their lives.

In other news, my gym has gained a screamer in recent weeks lol. Middle aged guy who screams on almost every rep of every exercise. It's kind of amazing. Like I'm all for noisy lifting, but I don't know why you're screaming on the first rep of a 15 rep set of preacher curls, it really shouldn't be taking that much effort The screaming also varies. Sometimes it sounds like he's happy (and he does stand up at the end of a set and go WHOOOO!!!! at times), sometimes he sounds like he just got his nuts caught in the machine, and sometimes he sounds like he's on the brink of ecstasy. Good times lol.
    LOL Oh my goodness, I would not be able to keep from laughing

Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    Also a lot of people arguing "we should be helping veterans, not (insert someone else here)!" Like...is there some law that says "if you help X, you can't help Y?"
    Maybe we should be spending more time figuring out how to help everyone. I wish more people felt compassion to each other.

I honestly used to be horrible in the heat. I've had heat exhaustion on multiple occasions, and had full on heat stroke once when I was younger. Do not recommend I actually think training in this darned hot gym the last two summers has toughened me up considerably. Every year I've had an August meet to train for, so I've felt like I need to push as much as I can. I definitely have my limits, but in addition to being able to take more heat in general, I also seem to be getting better at reading myself (when it's time to stop / when it's time to push).
    I hate the heat We don't get heat like some areas (mountains) but when it gets hot, we're all screwed because nobody has air conditioning. When I was a kid and we didn't have air conditioning, we would go out to eat and enjoy theirs, but all we have are hot restaurants, and the mosquitoes eat you alive if you sit outside LOL I squatted yesterday and I almost thought I wasn't gonna make it. Good for you kicking ass and taking names in the heat!
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DEADLIFTS
    work up to
    3x240
    3x255
    3x270
    1x280
    1x285
    1x290
    -- well crap, everything felt heavy today. That's a fine time to bring singles back in I had something odd going on though. When I added in abductor / adductor work last month, I knew I needed to because when I flexed my glutes, my knees would cave in. Well, today when I flexed my glutes setting up for deadlifts, my knees moved OUT. Total wtf. My knees actually wanted to push out to the extent that they were rolling me onto the outside of my feet. That's a new one. Seriously. Never even heard of that happening to anyone. I'm going to *guess* that my abductors may have been tight today, as that's honestly the only thing I can think of that might cause that. Glute medius seemed to be functioning well and didn't feel tight though. Anyway, it was weird.
    Yeah that is indeed pretty farking heavy. Nice set progression to the 290.

And holy ham in the oven about the idea of benching 3x a week. I could probably get away with squatting 3x a week but my shoulders would leap off my body and leave the country if I did full on bp sessions 3x a week.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For one surreal moment, I confused Ric Flair with Rick James in my head, and I'm like... uh, not unless he came back from the dead as a pasty white guy? If the guy at the gym starts singing Super Freak in between screams, I'm gonna be totally weirded out now.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It definitely does. If I bench 1x a week, my bench drops. At 2x a week, it stays the same. At 3x a week, it will grudgingly move forward. The catch right now is that my bench usually drops while I'm dieting, so I'm hoping that keeping my benching at 3x a week plus increasing volume on those days will help me stand my ground and not run backwards. Actual progress may be too much to ask for until I stop dieting lol.

-----------------------

So the mystery of my knees moving out when I flexed my glutes yesterday was solved. The lacrosse ball informed me that absolutely everything from my gluteus medius all the way down the outside of my hip to (and including) my outer quad needed to be released. Took care of that last night, and this morning I can flex my glutes without my knees moving out or in, which is nice
    Interesting. I'm trying to cut so increasing bench probably a struggle but still, hmmm. Yay for solving the mystery!
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh jeezum fricking pete. I had a post written out and windows crashed before I could post it. Let's try that one more time.

Anyway! Just doing a quick post, will come back later and do catch-up. I swear I started working through people's journals the other day, I'll get there

Weighed in this morning at 181.8. That's +1.0 lbs in 8 days. I have continued to eat in a small deficit, but I do seem to have picked up some water retention in the last few days, so I'm assuming that's where the gain came from. My allergies have been horrible and I'm walking around having sneezing fits, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it since IIRC histamines can cause water retention as well. Blah.

THURSDAY 6/22 - studio

WIDE GRIP BENCH
    work up to
    1x135
    0x145
    1x140

CRUNCHES

PLANKS

SIDE PLANKS

BOXING

My trainer friend has been out of town on business for several weeks, is back for just a few days, and then leaves again for several more weeks. So I grabbed a time slot to have him take a look at wide grip bench, and also check my progress on other stuff. I got an A+ on core work, abs are being very reliable currently and I'm staying straighter throughout my body. Boxing went well also, my on again / off again right glute medius functioned quite well the entire time.

With wide grip bench, I've only done a few wide grip training sessions since my four months of nuthin'-but-close-grip. I'm definitely having problems keeping my back engaged, and am also using way too much shoulders at lockout. I think I just need more practice though, it will come back. We wound up throwing some weight on to see where I was, and even though I'm having a ton of tech issues with this grip right now, I actually have gained some overall strength. 135 used to be a grindy max, but it launched off my chest today, that moved like it probably could have been a triple had I tried for it. 140 was ok as a single. 145 was a fail. On both 140 and 145, I completely lost my lats just before I touched my chest, so the bar pretty much just dropped the last inch or two onto my chest before the pause, and then the bar and my back were both really loose. No bueno. On 140, I could recover. On 145, I could not, although it was surprisingly close. I think if I can get everything tight and KEEP IT THERE, I'll have a clean, paused wide grip 145 in me shortly.

Now if I can just get my competition grip back. Competition grip was running consistently 10-15 lbs over my wide grip when I was training both grips pre-injury. I can only hope that is still the case The plan for the next three or so weeks is to work both wide grip and close grip heavy, high volume and high frequency. My pec is currently only comfortable with competition grip on decline bench, so I'll work with that. I'm really really REALLY hoping that my competition grip will make a comeback on flat bench in time for my August meet, but I think I will be cutting it very close. We shall see

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Too much planking, ew.
    >.<
    Boxing sounds fun though.
    Just doing a quick post,
    I see we both have a liberal interpretation of that phrase, lol.
    Weighed in this morning at 181.8. That's +1.0 lbs in 8 days.
    What's your weigh in scheme? Rolling average, weekly, monthly? I like having weigh ins for tracing purposes, make sure I'm not overdoing any cheats meals, etc, but I hate how off they can be. I mean, you can stall for weeks, then lose 3lbs, and it's just so annoying.

My trainer friend has been out of town on business for several weeks, is back for just a few days, and then leaves again for several more weeks.
    Can you send videos so he can check your form/lifts more regularly? Works for the people with online coaches here.
    With wide grip bench, I've only done a few wide grip training sessions since my four months of nuthin'-but-close-grip. I'm definitely having problems keeping my back engaged, and am also using way too much shoulders at lockout.
    Is that like, regular width, or as wide as possible? I don't think I could do wider than the standard grip (assuming mine is regular, out of the two times I've benched I haven't thought to record myself), and close grip seems awful too, lol. You'll get that 145 in no time though, when you're so used to one thing, it can take some time to get the hang of it.
    Now if I can just get my competition grip back.
    Wait, now what's this? Is this like regular?
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait, now what's this? Is this like regular?
    I think her comp grip is not actual close grip and not where the average person will grip, but somewhere in between, like a semi medium grip. OP's relationship with bench: "It's complicated."

All I got for bp is squeeze your butt cheeks and think about golf, heehee.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Ergh, sorry for all the drive-bys with no replies I should have some time this weekend to catch up with everyone, what a crazy frigging week it's been.

Friday 6/23 - Gym

FRONT SQUATS
    work up to
    5x115
    5x125
    5x135
    3, 3, 2 x 145
    -- the original plan was to work up as heavy as I could with sets of 5, but I was sweating so much the bar was sliding all over the place on the last few reps of every set. I dropped back to triples and was still fighting bar slide by the third rep. I tried chalking my shoulders and upper arms, but it didn't help much. I may try the front squat harness that's in the back room on these hot days, I don't want to lose fronts because they're really important to my programming right now, but the bar sliding when I'm sweaty is horrible to deal with.

BANDED SQUATS - light band
    (5-7x) 5x 115
    -- I honestly have no idea if I did 5, 6 or 7 sets. I did two extra just in case, so it was definitely at least 5. I was using a different rack than before, and figuring out band tension was super annoying, I ultimately had it looped three times over the bar itself and in the end it may have been a bit too much tension. My glutes were functioning but were moving really slowly on these, getting them faster just wasn't happening.

FROG STANCE HACK SQUATS
    8x 30's
    6x 35's
    4x 40's
    -- these went fine, but I was not feeling so good.

And I called it quits after this. The heat was getting to me today. Oddly, it wasn't as hot as on some other days, only about 80, but it was super humid like 86% humidity. I was sweating profusely, and about halfway through banded squats I started to get the feeling that I was sweating faster than I could drink in water to replace it, and started to feel like crap. On banded squats, I couldn't count sets anymore and was getting really confused. I realized it was time to wrap it up and call it a day. I downed two more bottles of water on the drive home, but it took a couple of hours to feel better. Sheesh. Bench day tomorrow.

Although on a funny note, I changed out of my sweaty clothes when I got home, but didn't hit the shower until much later. So I realized after the fact that went to the grocery store in the afternoon with sweaty rust stains from the bar all over my upper boobs, chalk smears across my shoulders and upper arms, and a bunch of bruising and red marks from my collar bone down my arms from the bar sliding. I hope I confused the hell out of anyone who saw that.

Can't complain about the temperature, it was quite comfortable at the gym today. (Oh sure, it couldn't have been cooler on SQUAT day lol.)

Saturday 6/24 - Gym

CLOSE GRIP BENCH - feet up
    work up to
    (8x) 3x115
    -- had to drop my feet to the ground for a little help on the third rep of a couple of the sets. I seemed to have some small inconsistency going on with my set-up that was making a difference in whether or not I could get all three reps with feet up, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. It wasn't just a strength thing, as I needed help on the fourth set, but the eighth was easy.

DECLINE BENCH - competition grip
    (4x) 8x 115
    -- I'm not deeply attached to the number 115 today, it just happened to work out for the rep ranges I wanted on both lifts lol

OHP - strict
    (3x) 8x 60
    -- why is it that I could press 60 all day long, but 65 gets challenging fast. Meh.

LATERAL RAISES
    (3x) 8x 20's

EZ BAR SKULLCRUSHERS - behind the head
    (3x) 8x 10's

EZ BAR BICEP CURLS
    (3x) 10x 15's

BENT OVER LATERAL RAISES
    8x 25's
    (2x) 6x 30's

DIPS - superset with leg raises
    (3x) 5x BW

LEG RAISES / KNEE RAISES - alternating each rep
    (3x) 10x BW

BB SHRUGS
    (3x) 8x 185

Solid day today. Close grip is definitely feeling better again, I hope it's responding to my volume increase and not just the fact that I'm still bloated My bench kinda likes both of those things though

Screamer was at the gym today, but I think his days of screaming are numbered because the other guys are starting to tease him about it lol. At one point he was going RAAAHHHHRWWWW on one side of the gym, and there'd be this echo of RAAAAHHHWWWW from a couple of guys on the other side of the gym every time he did it. He started to make less noise after that happened a few times.

No rest for the wicked

Sunday 6/25 - Gym

DEADLIFTS
    work up to
    3x245
    3x260
    3x275
    1x285
    1x290
    1x295

HEX BAR DEADLIFTS - high handles
    5x220
    5x230
    5x240

CABLE ROW
    8x #8
    8x #9
    6x #10

WIDE GRIP LAT PULLDOWN
    (3x) 8x 90

SLDL
    8x165
    8x175
    6x185

CABLE ABDUCTORS
    (3x) 6x #2

DEADLIFT HYPER
    (3x) 8x 100

Ok, well. The big thing today is that my entire body was really, really crooked on everything. Every single frigging thing. No idea what was happening, but it was intensely annoying. My upper body was twisting on everything and weirdly my hips were twisting as well, I was even locking out all of my deadlifts (all three kinds of deadlifts) with one hip before the other. FML. I hit all the weights I wanted to, but crap that was more difficult and felt worse than it should have. I'll try hitting the lacrosse ball tonight and see if I've got uneven tightness on right side vs left side??? My right quad feels a little tight, but other than that I'm not really feeling anything odd. I realized I haven't remembered to do my anti-rotational work (pallof press) this past week, but I can't imagine that would have such a dramatic effect. Grrrrr.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some great lifting. How is benching with feet up? I've seen it a couple of times but never tried that part.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice weights there. DL looking really good.

Did you see the twisting on video? Any chance it was just a feeling, and not actually happening? Frustrating - those good training days are hard to come by.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

Awesome numbers on the DL!

What is with all these people doing some type of benching with their feet up? I see this all the time at the gym. People say it helps the core but I don't know, seems even more risky to tweak a shoulder/wrist because you're not solidly planted. Carry on you daredevils you.
    Current PRs:

Sorry guys, I know I keep saying I'll catch up on replies and journals and then I don't. I've got my head down right now trying to figure some things out. My current job (self employed) has me working 7 days a week, but my mom's debt load that I've taken over is staggering and to keep her from losing her house in a few months, I think I need to pick up a second full-time job. I do not know how I will fit both in. My mom is not capable of getting a job herself, in fact she's barely left the house in over a month. I'm looking into my options. Nobody ever said life was easy, I'm just trying to think things through before I pull the trigger on decisions. The gym is keeping me sane though.

Monday 6/26 - Gym

WIDE GRIP BENCH
    work up to
    5x115
    3x125

add blue slingshot
    3x135
    3x140
    3x145
    5x150
    -- the weight on the bar made some guy walking past nervous as I was setting up for 140, and he said "I'm going to stand right here in case you need me". lol. I used him for a hand-off on 145 and 150, as long as he was going to be standing there anyway

remove slingshot
    6x105 - trying something, never mind though

DB CHEST PRESS - close grip, military grip
    8x 40's
    6x 45's
    4x 50's

PALLOF PRESS - monster mini band
    (3x) AMRAP

ONE ARM DB CHEST PRESS
    (3x) 5x 40

ROPE CABLE PRESSDOWNS
    10, 8, 6

DIPS superset with leg raises
    (3x) 4xBW

LEG RAISES / KNEE RAISES - alternating reps
    (3x) 10xBW

Feel like I'm forgetting something. Whatever. Pretty good chest day! I need to get a squat day in either tomorrow or Wednesday, not sure which.

Needed to do a combo leg / chest day to keep the frequency I want on everything.

Wednesday 6/28 - Gym

FRONT SQUATS
    work up to
    4x135
    3,4,2,3,2,1 x 140
    -- multiple times tried to adjust what I was planning on doing to match how sh*tty I was feeling, in the end I settled for 15 total reps @ 140, in whatever way I could get them. Failed on the safeties twice. This whole thing was stupid. My strength was fine, but my heart and head were not present.

LEG EXTENSIONS
    (3x) 8x 45's

(ONE LEG) LYING HAMSTRING CURLS
    8x 25's
    8x 27.5's
    6x 30's

CLOSE GRIP BENCH - feet up
    (5x) 5x 110

DECLINE BENCH - competition grip
    8x 115
    8x 125
    6x 135

DB INCLINE CHEST PRESS
    (2x) 8x 25's

Life sucks. Deads tomorrow. That is all.