Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Putting in the work IrishLassie78's Avatar
    IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking I'd like some shoulder boulders... w/a side of gunz and round glutes of peace

Well.. it's been a while . Had a log going here a little over a year ago, life went haywire, and I quit the interwebs for a bit. Since things have calmed down and I actually have something resembling free time for the mo' I figured I'd start a new log for the cut I randomly decided needed to happen this week. To make a long story short I started lifting about 2 years ago although the first six to nine months could be classified as f*ckarounditis because I had no clue what I was doing. Found this site, got my head out of my butt, went through NROLFW, Baby got Back, a short stint w/Phat, and then back to BgB. Most recently I've been running B. Contreras' Strong Curves Advanced routine and I actually really have enjoyed it and have gotten pretty great results. I did add some more upper body work than what he has because I, as my title suggests, I want dem shoulder-boulders. I've made some pretty solid gainz over the last year I think. My bench has gone from 65 to 115x5, Squat has gone from 115 to 175x5, DL has gone from 95 to 185x5, OHP has from barely hoisting 15lb dbs to 65x5. Haven't tested 1 rep maxes. Somewhat afraid to since I'm usually the ONLY person in my work gym. If something goes wrong, I'm screwed. Anywho... I cut down to 114lb last May, lost anything resembling an ass I may have had so decided to comence bulking. Now sitting at 129 to 130 and I've decided I want to see what's going on under the fluff. Definitely put some beef on my upper body and my ass has a much better shape than it did, so I'm excited to see what I have to work with for my next bulk. So without further ado...

Today's w/o:

Superset 1: BB Hip Thrust - 135x5, 155x5, 185x5
    Chest Supported Row - 25x6, 30x6 30x6 *Rep PR

Superset 2: DB Step-up w/Reverse Lung - 20x12, 20x12, 20x12
    SA OHP - 25x12, 25x12, 25x12

Superset 3: Straight-arm Cable Press Down - 30x10, 35x10, 35x10
    Hanging Leg Raises - 3x10

Landmine - 4x8 (this kick my ass... every time)

SL Prisoner back extensions - 3x10/side

Side leg/hip raises - 3x10/side

Weight = 129

Cals = I'm starting my cut at 1750, cycling carbs so lots of carby deliciousness on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 'cause that's when I lift, not a lot of carbs the other days. This worked for me amazingly well before, so I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And I'm starting this cut with 200 more cals/day than I started with before. Doing very little cardio right now but am going to see where I am in 3 or 4 weeks and if things aren't moving the direction I want them to, I'll add some and go from there.

Hoping to add some pics from the end of my cut and of where I am now. I'm also hoping to get someone to help me take some vids. I would love some form feedback Especially with the squats and deads.

More later

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi OP, don't remember you from before but you used the word "farkarounditis" and that made me giggle, so I am IN! Good number progressions on your lifts, you're doing it very right. As for the 1RM testing just jump in the power rack, the power rack will never fail you. I lift mainly at home in my basement and I'm pretty sure the kitten isn't strong enough to lift a couple hundred lbs off of me if needed so I just roll with the safety bars so I don't die.

And you said "glutes of peace" lol I love it!

Good luck, you are gonna rampage it!!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I remember you Lassie and I am definitely IN!!!! I just bought Bret's book....but have also been contemplating BGB.....hmmmm decisions, decision. Glad you are back!

IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yay! Subscribers! Welcome, ladies. I hope I don't bore the hell out of you .

Hobbes, yours is one of the journals I've been reading through while we're slow as molasses at work and I've literally laughed out loud about a million times. Good to know I'm not the only person that hates the grocery store and all of the people in it. I think you should have to pass an IQ test before they let you use the self-checkout. I'm totally blown away by how freakin' strong you are. I must learn to develop some Ham-Rage and channel it into my lifting!

Run4Kiddos, I really like both programs, and have gotten good results from both of them. My plan right now is actually to combine the two once I'm done with the last phase of what I'm doing now. I'm think something like the upper-body part of BGB, and glute/lower-body part of Bret's stuff or something like that.

Today I felt the need for cardio to help me sweat out the margaritas from last night. I found this nifty app that has pretty much every CrossFit WOD ever invented and you can have it choose workouts for you based on what equipment you have available and what kind of workout you're shooting for. The one I ended up with was 4 rounds for time of 30 jump squats, 7 burpees, 100m sprint, 10 kb snatches/side. I'm not really into CrossFit from a going to a box and working out with all the people for a number of reasons (the biggest being that CrossFit is stupid expensive, and the other being that I don't want a bunch of people up in my grill while I'm trying to lift or whatever I'm trying to do) but I like the principles behind it and I like the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am aspect to the cardio because I get bored easily. Anyway, I used a 35lb kb for this and got through all 4 rounds in 12 minutes, which I thought was pretty damn good considering I haven't done a kb snatch in a really long time so I had to re-teach myself on the fly how that works. Also, if I do this again, I can definitely use a heavier kb.

I took some pics today. For some reason the locker room in my gym does not have a full-length mirror But here's what I've got right now, which ain't much...

My pics from last summer were on my old phone which as been wiped and sold. I might be able to pull them off of my ipad so I'll have to fiddle with that later on. The gist of it is that my arms are still small, but definitely not as skinny as they were so I'm happy with that.

What I'm not happy with are the idiots on the road today. I really think they must not teach people how to read numbers in the schools in Kentucky. 45 does NOT equal 35, which means it sure as sh*t doesn't equal 25. That or there's something about sitting in church for an hour that slows down people's nervous systems. I think I might have a road rage problem. I seriously wanted to drive my car over top of the idiot in front of me like I was at a monster truck rally. I'm pretty sure that's illegal though.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163596431

Obviously my uploading of pics was unsuccessful. Will try that again later when I'm on my computer at home since Photobucket is definitely blocked at work..

I have to share the super delicious dinner I made last night. I marinated some chicken breasts in spicy Korean BBQ sauce over night, browned them in my iron skillet, then put them in the oven in a covered pan at 350 for 20 minutes. Then I threw on some more BBQ sauce and turned on the broiler for 5 minutes to carmelize them. I also stirfried some broccoli, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and bell peppers on some sesame oil and low sodium soy sauce and made some short-grain brown rice like what they have at PF Changs. It was delicious. My boyfriend actually at the vegetables and loved them I'm pretty psyched for the leftovers I brought for lunch. I really love food. Srs.

Workout this morning was excellent. I felt really, really good this morning. I feel like I've been hit by a truck now, but all I do at work is sit on my ass answering phones, trying to convince people not to do really stupid things with their money so I'm sure I'll recover.

Superset 1:
    BB Hip Thrust, Rest-Pause - 3x6, 1, 1, 1, 1 - 135x3. Kept these a little lighter to really focus on using my ass to move the bar, not my legs, back, or anything else.
    Rack Chins - 3x10. Lowered the bar a notch for these today. Felt easy peasy.

Superset 2:
    Zercher Squats - 3x10 - 70, 80, 85 *Rep PR
    Feet Elevated Push-ups - 3x10

Sumo DL - 3x6 - 135, 155, 185, 1x3 at 195 *PR. Bar went up really easy today. These felt spectacular. My shins don't feel spectacular, but the lifts felt pretty badass.

Band Hip Rotation Hold - 1x30 sec/side
    xband walk - 1x20/side

Cardio WOD - EMOM for 14min.
    5 Push-ups
    5 Burpees
    10 Glute Bridges.

This felt super easy. If I do this one again, I'll make everything 10 reps and see how that goes. Focused on jumping as high as I could with the burpees. My add a box-jump to those at some point. I will say I would much rather do something like this than slog away on a treadmill or elliptical or some other inane piece of machinery

Also got my syllabus for my final class of for my MBA and it's a freakin' joke. I should be able to get the majority of the work done for this class within in the next couple of weeks. This is supposed to be my capstone class. What a waste of time and money . Oh well, at least I'll be able to put "MBA" after my name for whatever that's worth.

Trying this pics thing again...

I'm hoping this works this time. I still look tiny but it's a huge improvement over where it was a year ago. My plan right now is to cut probably through the end of September, maybe down to 120 or so. I'm going more by look than a certain weight this time. Then I'm planning on a short bulk until probably mid-January, then cut again for my sister's wedding in May. I know 3.5 to 4 months isn't much time for a bulk but I figure something is better than nothing with where I am now. I want my shoulders and arms to look jacked in my halter top bridesmaid's dress.

Taking a rest day today to get some school work done before I have to go to work. I have to write a biography and include a recent picture. I'd like to include this picture:

It's recent. I found it on the interwebs yesterday. For some reason, this whole "write a biography and include your picture thing" is seriously pissing me off. What are we, 12? I realize it's an online class so we aren't going to be spending time in each other's presence and whatnot, but I personally like it that way. I don't give a damn who the people in my class are and I'm sure they don't give a damn who I am and that's cool with me. I really don't give a damn about the professor, whose name I can't pronounce and whose lectures, at least the one I listened to this morning, are completely incomprehensible. I should probably just take my 20 participation points and stfu, but I'm irrationally irritated by having to put my picture in the damn thing. Not sure why. I don't care y'all know what I look like. I just don't want these azzhats to know what I look like.

I shall channel my rage at this stupidity (because I'm sure there's more to come with this class) into gym badassery tomorrow morning...

And now I must start writing about my "accomplishments" Hope everyone else gets to start their day with less irritation than I have.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in!

I am working through SC right now and added an upper body day to round it out as well, as I found the focus a bit to light on upper body for my liking.

Biography with photo....if they will never know send one of someone else lol
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    in!

I am working through SC right now and added an upper body day to round it out as well, as I found the focus a bit to light on upper body for my liking.

Biography with photo....if they will never know send one of someone else lol
    Hi! Welcome Wonder what would happen if I put in a picture of Iris Kyle... That might be hilarious. I also briefly entertained the notion of some sort of cartoon. Hmmmmm... that has possibilities...

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome back, I do remember you

Looking forward to reading along, consider me in

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IN for glutes of peace!!!!
    I've been on an interwebz hiatus too for a couple years, but have been working pretty much the same programs you have. You've had some rad gainz!!

Stoked to ride along! BOOM!

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Welcome back, I do remember you

Looking forward to reading along, consider me in

CC
    Hi! Welcome

Originally Posted by karychuk View Post
    IN for glutes of peace!!!!
    I've been on an interwebz hiatus too for a couple years, but have been working pretty much the same programs you have. You've had some rad gainz!!

Stoked to ride along! BOOM!
    Hi! Thanks! This sh!t is hard work, isn't it?

Why in the blue hell is it only Wednesday?

Woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday, then looked at my phone and it is definitely NOT Thursday. This happens to me with relative frequency. The pitfalls of being a person with a 3 second memory like a goldfish... So far this day has not gotten off to a great start Got absolutely no sleep thanks to the strobe light effect lightening we half the night last night and was out of bed way earlier than planned due to other people galloping up and down the steps starting at 6:30am. It's forgivable this time since the reason for it is that bf's kidlet #3 is moving to college today (will be a freshman at the University of Kentucky) and they wanted to leave by 7:30. This, of course, did not happen as kidlet #3 is chronically late and even more forgetful than I am. I left around 8 and they were still there looking for socks. On that note, the bf and I are now empty-nesters. My grocery bill should drop by about 75%

The morning workout was not great today. I powered through it and didn't have to drop any weight but everything just felt blah. I'm chalking it up to lack of sleep at this point. Not ready to blame the lack of foodz yet. I actually haven't really felt hungry on this cut yet at all. Hoping it'll stay that way but I doubt it. So here's how this morning went:

Superset 1:
    BB Hip-Thrust - 3x25 @ 95lbs
    Pull-ups - 3x5 @ BW *These were a struggle today. The last set about killed me.

Superset 2:
    Bulgarian Split Squat - 3x10 @ 20lb/side *Was all over the place/off balance on these
    BB Incline Bench - 3x6 @ 70/75/75 *These totally sucked. I forced that 75 to happen. Determined not to drop the weight :>(

Superset 3:
    Gliding Leg-Curl - 3x10
    DB Flat Bench - 3x10 @ 30/35/35. *These were better than the incline press but not great.

Superset 4:
    Cable Hip Rotation - 3x10 @ 17.5
    SA Cable Row - 3x10 @ 35

Triset:
    Body Saw - 5x10/side
    Mountain Climber - 5x10/side
    Farmers Walks 5x100 yards @ 25lb plate/side

Weight at 128.0 this morning so I'm right at 1lb loss per week so far, which is what I was aiming for. Pretty pleased about that. I'm trying to only weight myself weekly so I don't get mindf@cked by the crazy water fluctions I tend to have. And I know the scale would go up tomorrow since today is (a) a high carb day, and (b) I just started on creatine again, so I'm not even going to let myself go down that road.

And now I have a "development" meeting with my boss, so hopefully that goes well. Back later to share some of the inanities from my text book for this class I'm taking. All I will say for now is mind=blown.

JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IN for glutes of peace and more lolz! Love your attitude about including your picture with your biography.

Lack of sleep fuks up everything. Hope your meeting went well.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm in, you're farking hilarious! I love your journal title. I totally hear you about getting off track and life going crazy. It happens but DUDE, you came back! That's all that matters and your lifting progression sounds AMAZEBALLS!

OHHHH I want MY grocery bill to drop 75% but that would mean getting rid of my HUSBAND BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA, Hmmmmmmm.
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

Calf press: 115
    Squats: 135
    Deads: 185
    SLDL: 125
    Overhead press: 60
    Bicep curls: 40
    Bench: 75

TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    IN for glutes of peace and more lolz! Love your attitude about including your picture with your biography.

Lack of sleep fuks up everything. Hope your meeting went well.
    lack of sleep is scary, scary business. Luci, my baby, is 16 months old and is NOT a good sleeper. It's been a BAD 16 months. She is so amazing but MAN I miss SLEEP! We are finally improving but I thought I was going to die for awhile! My older 2 were sleeping thru the night when I got pregnant, I forgot babies generally do not sleep. FML
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

Hi Torre and Jen! Welcome to the insanity that is my life.

So while I'm not remotely busy at work, I've been reading this stupid textbook for this class I'm taking to finish up my MBA and I seriously can't believe I'm paying money for this crap. This is supposed to be my captsone class and I'm pretty sure at this point all it is is a rehash of five other classes that were rehashes of each other. The good news is that minimal effort will be required to get a passing grade. The bad news is that I'm an over-achiever and still feel the need to actually read the stuff. So the gist of this class is business strategy and implementation (gist of every other class I've already taken). There is a line in the first chapter that says, I sh!t you not, "Walmart and Nordstrom are a part of the same industry, but they do not compete for the same customer set, so they have different competitive strategies." Really!? I had no idea!

Meeting with the boss was good. He wants me to basically rewrite our online resources so they actually make sense to people. I'm also supposed to do some employee job fair thing tomorrow even though I have no idea what that entails. Maybe something like, "Hi kids. Come work in my department where we aren't busy now, but the sh!t's gonna hit the fan in about a month. You'll have to take a bunch of licensing and pass a bunch of tests that have nothing to do with what you'll be doing, totally stress yourself out and make your family hate you for three months while you're trying to learn all this sh!t, but the good news is you'll make more money and the people you talk to on a daily basis aren't quite as asinine as the ones you have to talk to now." Sound like a good pitch?

I've got some kind of hippy herbal make me sleep tea I'm going to try tonight. Hopefully that helps. A lack of apocalyptic storms would help too. I don't know how I'd handle babies that don't want to sleep. I admire you mamas that deal with all the craziness and lack of sleep that comes with babies and little kids. I think I'd have a nervous breakdown. I'm high strung enough on my own

Holy DOMS batman My upper body feels like someone held me down and beat the crap out of me with a tire iron. I did sleep a little better last night, so that's a plus. I still woke up to pee 5 times, which is ridiculous. Especially considering that I made sure I didn't drink anything after 6:00pm. I don't think that's normal for someone who has never had kids. Maybe should talk to the doc about this. I try to avoid going to the doctor at all costs but I might have to break down and at least give her a call.

No lifting today but was still productive this morning. I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and reorganized the pantry. I like my pantry items to be organized in to categories and alphabatized within their catagories. It drives me insane when people come along and fuk up my pantry feng shui. I really don't understand what is so hard about putting sh!t back where you go it from. The good news is that the kids are all gone back to college and Anthony has just as many OCD issues as I do so if I put it the way I want it, he knows better than to screw it up.

I did break down and weigh myself this morning, even though I swore to myself I wasn't going to and was actually down another 1/4 of a pound. I figured it would have gone back up a pound or two with the high carb day plus creatine. I'm actually feeling pretty pleased with myself. I do need to keep an eye on it though. I'm glad the scale is finally moving along, but I don't want it to move too fast. I worked hard to put on what muscle I have so I'm really not interested in back peddling.

Was driving home from work last night and am starting to notice that it's getting dark earlier. This makes me extremely depressed. I hate winter. I hate the cold, I hate the snow, I hate the wind, I hate the dark, I hate the naked trees. Every year I tell myself that I'm not going to spend another winter north of the Mason-Dixon line, yet here I still am. There is a good chance we'll be moving to Dallas in a couple of years (the BF works for Toyota and they're moving their corporate headquarters there) but I won't really know anything for sure until late November at the earliest. Toyata kinda forgot about Anthony's group (not sure how you forget about a group of approximatley 1,000 employees, but whatevs) so now they are "evaluating" whether his group should be a part of the move of basically everyone but the regional warehouse associates or not. He works in a regional warehouse, but in procurement and supplier development, not picking and packing or anything directly to do with the warehouse itself. So they really have no idea what they're doing with these people and it's gotten kind of irritating. First it was, "You're staying where you are." Then it was, "Well, we're not really sure, we'll let you know by mid-June." Then it was, "We have no fukking clue what we're doing, we'll get back to you when we get back to you." He said he's not surprised they're dicking around because it's what they do but neither of is happy about not knowing what the hell is going on. It's kind of hard to plan for your future when you don't know where in the sharding hell you're going to be from year to the next.

At any rate... more reading of stupid text book during down time at work today. Here's the picture I ended up with for my "biography" :

It's better than most of my attempts at selfies. I think it looks like my forehead is eating my face, but at least I don't look drunk in this one so I consider that to be positive.
    Last edited by IrishLassie78; 08-21-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: stupid photobucket

Originally Posted by IrishLassie78 View Post
    Holy DOMS batman My upper body feels like someone held me down and beat the crap out of me with a tire iron. I did sleep a little better last night, so that's a plus. I still woke up to pee 5 times, which is ridiculous. Especially considering that I made sure I didn't drink anything after 6:00pm. I don't think that's normal for someone who has never had kids. Maybe should talk to the doc about this. I try to avoid going to the doctor at all costs but I might have to break down and at least give her a call.

No lifting today but was still productive this morning. I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and reorganized the pantry. I like my pantry items to be organized in to categories and alphabatized within their catagories. It drives me insane when people come along and fuk up my pantry feng shui. I really don't understand what is so hard about putting sh!t back where you go it from. The good news is that the kids are all gone back to college and Anthony has just as many OCD issues as I do so if I put it the way I want it, he knows better than to screw it up.

I did break down and weigh myself this morning, even though I swore to myself I wasn't going to and was actually down another 1/4 of a pound. I figured it would have gone back up a pound or two with the high carb day plus creatine. I'm actually feeling pretty pleased with myself. I do need to keep an eye on it though. I'm glad the scale is finally moving along, but I don't want it to move too fast. I worked hard to put on what muscle I have so I'm really not interested in back peddling.

Was driving home from work last night and am starting to notice that it's getting dark earlier. This makes me extremely depressed. I hate winter. I hate the cold, I hate the snow, I hate the wind, I hate the dark, I hate the naked trees. Every year I tell myself that I'm not going to spend another winter north of the Mason-Dixon line, yet here I still am. There is a good chance we'll be moving to Dallas in a couple of years (the BF works for Toyota and they're moving their corporate headquarters there) but I won't really know anything for sure until late November at the earliest. Toyata kinda forgot about Anthony's group (not sure how you forget about a group of approximatley 1,000 employees, but whatevs) so now they are "evaluating" whether his group should be a part of the move of basically everyone but the regional warehouse associates or not. He works in a regional warehouse, but in procurement and supplier development, not picking and packing or anything directly to do with the warehouse itself. So they really have no idea what they're doing with these people and it's gotten kind of irritating. First it was, "You're staying where you are." Then it was, "Well, we're not really sure, we'll let you know by mid-June." Then it was, "We have no fukking clue what we're doing, we'll get back to you when we get back to you." He said he's not surprised they're dicking around because it's what they do but neither of is happy about not knowing what the hell is going on. It's kind of hard to plan for your future when you don't know where in the sharding hell you're going to be from year to the next.

At any rate... more reading of stupid text book during down time at work today. Here's the picture I ended up with for my "biography" :

It's better than most of my attempts at selfies. I think it looks like my forehead is eating my face, but at least I don't look drunk in this one so I consider that to be positive.
    My upper body is sore, too and I have to lift my patient (who is a quad and dead weight). UGH. OMG U ARE SOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

Originally Posted by TorreTornado View Post
    My upper body is sore, too and I have to lift my patient (who is a quad and dead weight). UGH. OMG U ARE SOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you

I have a love/hate relationship with being sore. I hate feeling like I've been hit by a truck, but if I'm not a little sore, I feel like I didn't work hard enough or something. Don't envy you having to lift people at your job. At least you're doing something useful for society though. I pretty much just sit here on my ass and talk to people on the phone trying to convince them not to do completely idiotic things with their brokerage accounts so no physical energy is being exerted by me at all. I actually really hate sitting on my butt all day. It makes my whole body hurt. I keep trying to convince my boss to let me get a treadmill desk. That's gone over about as well as a turd in a punch bowl. Not used to getting bertstared at work...

Happy Friday bb.com friends!

This morning's workout was a vast, vast improvement over Wednesday. There was hip-thrust domination, there db shoulder press badassery, PRs err'where. I took a page out Hobbes' book and did a sh!tton of warm-up sets for the hip-thrusts and OHPs. Seriously, why have I not been doing this all along!?

BB American Hip-Thrusts:
    10xBW
    10x45
    10x95
    8x115
    8x135
    8x155
    5x185
    5x185
    5x195 *PR. I actually think I could have gotten 200 pretty easily but wanted to leave gas in the tank for other things

Chest Supported DB Row:
    10x15
    10x20
    10x25
    6x30
    6x35 *PR
    6x35 *PR

Working sets of Hip-Thrusts and Rows were supersetted (not sure that's really a word, but whatever. It's Friday and I don't gaf)

Superset 2:
    DB Step-up w/ reverse lung - 3x12 @ 20lb/side
    kb snatches - 3x12 @ 35lb. Someone obsconded with the 25lb dbs I usually use for SA OHPs here, so I improvised. Think I could've done 40 for this relatively easily. Next time.

Seated DB OHP:

10x10
    10x15
    8x20
    8x25
    8x30 *Rep PR
    7x35 *PR
    6x35

*Wanted to try 40lb for a few but getting the 35s up was a struggle. I figured I'd end up in the floor if I tried the 40s.

Triset:
    SL Prisoner back extension - 3x8/side
    Double leg lift - 3x10
    Side-lying hip raise - 3x10

Landmine - 1x8. I totally shot my wad between the hip-thrusts and the OHPs. Just one set of these made me feel like vomiting.

Foam Rolling - 5 minutes
    Stretching - 5 minutes.

Damn it feels good to be gangsta! Seriously super pleased with this workout today. Especially after Wednesday's clusterf*ck. Wanted to run around the gym high-fiving the staff and the two other people in the gym, but I restrained myself. Barely. I'm pretty sure the one dude that I always see in there, who does the same completely idiotic workout every... single... time... would have would have run screaming. I think the other dude would have been up for some high-fives and fist bumps of peace though.

I work out in the mornings before work at the gym at my work. They have a pretty decent set up, and I'm positive I'm the only female who even has any clue what the hell that giant rack in the middle of the floor is for. I've actually only seen maybe 2 other people in the year that I've worked here actually use the squat rack. The one guy I know from my other gym and he at least doesn't look like he's going to kill himself. The other guy I've seen use it, well, every time I see him, I feel like I should keep my phone close by in case I need to call 911 because he's blown out both of his knees, or slipped every disc in his back. It's one of those things where you want to say something to them because you're honestly concerned, but don't want to be an azzhole and give unwanted advice. Catch 22 right there...

I'm getting off work early tonight and having a date night with the BF. We are in serious need of this as we haven't gone out and just hung out with each other in months. Not sure what we're doing yet, but it'll be nice to have some quality time doing something fun with just the two of us. I'm leaning towards going to the Reds game, even though they're really horrible right now and I'm totally depressed by it. I had such high hopes going into the season and they've turned around and sh!t on me. Again. Ball games are always a good time though and there's tons of stuff do right around the ball park now so we'll see.

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice log.... nice work here. Keep it up.... be an inspiration to others !
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    Nice log.... nice work here. Keep it up.... be an inspiration to others !
    Thanks! That's what I'm shooting for.

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    They have a pretty decent set up, and I'm positive I'm the only female who even has any clue what the hell that giant rack in the middle of the floor is for.
    ROFL

Pretty much sums up the lay of land in most gyms

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) karychuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn it feels good to be gangsta!
    Atta girl! Keep killing it.
    BOOM!!!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like my pantry items to be organized in to categories and alphabatized within their catagories. It drives me insane when people come along and fuk up my pantry feng shui. I really don't understand what is so hard about putting sh!t back where you go it from.
    OCD crew checking in. Seriously rustles my hams to epic proportions if someone upsets my pantry, fridge, remote controls, or wallet/keys/ipod/phone table. If you move my keys to the left you better look the fuk out, srs.

Was driving home from work last night and am starting to notice that it's getting dark earlier. This makes me extremely depressed. I hate winter. I hate the cold, I hate the snow, I hate the wind, I hate the dark, I hate the naked trees.
    THIS. Was unaware kentucky got a lot of snow, been there once, was lots of horses. The last winter (NE Ohio) was the worst I've ever seen in my life. There was a legit snowstorm every three days, brb takes hour and a half of scary ass driving to get to work, brb I can drive in suv but everyone else spinning out trying to hit me, brb have to alternate deadlift days with days I have to shovel 2ft snow out of driveway, brb omg gotta walk outside to collect mail and Amazon packages on Saturday better bring rescue beacon in case I get stuck halfway to mailbox. I have a business here so just like you guys I can't just one day say ah fuk it I'm moving right now, but that last winter I really REALLY considered how I could move to a different state so I wouldn't have to do this again. Not sure how many more winters like that I have left in me to deal with.

I took a page out Hobbes' book and did a sh!tton of warm-up sets for the hip-thrusts and OHPs. Seriously, why have I not been doing this all along!?
    BOOM - there you go! Lot of people think if you warm up a lot you will not have energy to complete your working sets - those people are weak and injured.

I work out in the mornings before work at the gym at my work. They have a pretty decent set up, and I'm positive I'm the only female who even has any clue what the hell that giant rack in the middle of the floor is for.
    LMFAO
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    OCD crew checking in. Seriously rustles my hams to epic proportions if someone upsets my pantry, fridge, remote controls, or wallet/keys/ipod/phone table. If you move my keys to the left you better look the fuk out, srs.

THIS. Was unaware kentucky got a lot of snow, been there once, was lots of horses. The last winter (NE Ohio) was the worst I've ever seen in my life. There was a legit snowstorm every three days, brb takes hour and a half of scary ass driving to get to work, brb I can drive in suv but everyone else spinning out trying to hit me, brb have to alternate deadlift days with days I have to shovel 2ft snow out of driveway, brb omg gotta walk outside to collect mail and Amazon packages on Saturday better bring rescue beacon in case I get stuck halfway to mailbox. I have a business here so just like you guys I can't just one day say ah fuk it I'm moving right now, but that last winter I really REALLY considered how I could move to a different state so I wouldn't have to do this again. Not sure how many more winters like that I have left in me to deal with.

BOOM - there you go! Lot of people think if you warm up a lot you will not have energy to complete your working sets - those people are weak and injured.

LMFAO
    We typically don't get that much snow, we get ice. We got a lot of both last year, and people have no fukking clue how to drive it in here. I went to college in Northern Ohio so I learned how to drive in every clusterf&ck weather situation imaginable and I have absolutely no patience for people who act a fool and randomly slam on their breaks and careen off the side of the road when the weather service even mentions the word "snow." Or the idiots who drive around in their craptastic pick ups (got a lot of those mofos here in meth-land) that don't have the sense to put something in the bed to weight it down and then proceed to fish-tail all over the damn place... I live 15 minutes from work and it will literally take me 2 hours to get there and there's maybe a half an inch of snow on the roads. I have road rage issues anyway. Reaches epic proportions in the winter. Not to mention the fact that as soon as they hear "snow" they flock to Kroger en masse and buy ALL the bread, milk, and salt available. Half the time, we don't even end up getting said snow and then the normal people like me are sh!t of luck for the next 3 days if we happen to run out of any of those things. I just now that what we had last year is something I really don't want to experience ever again. And I swear if this winter is like that, I may just pack and move.

Love that warm-up strategy. Was not tired at all. Think I could have OHPed the dude next to me and his pink dumbbells he was curling. Will definitely be implementing that next time I bench. I feel like it's going to make a HYOOOOGE difference. Genius Ham is a genius.

Relaxing Saturday? I have no idea what that means.

Stumps for hideous plants in the yard which boyfriend killed months ago chopped up and dug out of the ground: Check. Hiking in the park with friend and her enormous, adorable, want to steal him doggie for five miles: Check. Visit Memaw: Check. Go to the store to buy ingredients for epic homemade pizza: Check. Brb, lost about 10 pounds of water weight out in the heat and humidity. Brb, back teeth are now floating due to the gallons of BCAAs I've consumed. My grandma asked me if I was preggers because I had to get up and go pee about 8 times during the hour and half that I was over there I has been a busy little bee today. And I have a feeling my arms are going to be sore as fuk from swinging an ax for almost 2 hours. Those bastids were rooted deep, and the roots were HYOOOGE. I figured since Anthony's got some pretty serious back issues, and I have no such issues, chopping stumps and pulling them out of the ground was a task better suited to me than him. So I hacked up stumps and he mowed the lawn and did the edging. Which is fine by me because I have an irrational fear of the trimmer with those little plastic whippy things that chop the grass. Seriously that thing scares the sh!t out of me. Neighbors were bert starring hard, which is not surprising as they wouldn't know the meaning of the terms landscaping, and lawn maintenance if you showed them pictures. These are the people who cut their weeds (they don't have grass) maybe once every 6 weeks. The rest of the time, their riding mower sits on concrete blocks, lost beneath the weeds in their yard. It drives Anthony completely insane. He will literally spend hours pulling crab grass and dandelions out of our yard, muttering about what f&cktards they are. To the point where we end up with bald spots in our lawn...

My epically delicious pizza shall be my reward for the ax swinging. Got pizza dough, fontina cheese, goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, capaccola, prosciutto, roma tomatoes, fresh garlic, red pepper, kalamata olives, and mushrooms. Going with no sauce, just some olive oil, then layer on all the deliciousness. All I've eaten today is two quest bars and a bowl of yogurt so as not to completely fuk my deficit this week in anticipation of epic pizza tonight. Will post pictures as I am sure it will be a thing of beauty.

you are rocking sh*t my friend... Coming by to check in, read about warm up sets and going to check out Hobbes journal, now...
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

And I have a feeling my arms are going to be sore as fuk from swinging an ax for almost 2 hours. Those bastids were rooted deep, and the roots were HYOOOGE.
    Pictures cute lil Irish lumberjack raging in the backyard while thinking about snow, ice and badazz drivers!! Lolz.