Closed Thread
    zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bodybuilding and Boxing ... how to mix it?

I want to build some more lean muscle. But could not figure out what split would be best and how should I go about growing muscles and continuing boxing training.

I am doing boxing 5 days a week.(2 day and 3 days in the evening)
    Its ussually like 20 min of running/joggin and the rest is technique and working on the hits/movement
    a total of 1.5 hours

What split would be optimal considering the muscles that work in boxing...

also should i also take shakes before and after boxing?

zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

there gotta be some people in the know..

IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronManXXX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it's a bad idea.

they don't mix.

are you trying to put yourself into a higher weight class ?

Originally Posted by IronManXXX View Post
    it's a bad idea.

they don't mix.

are you trying to put yourself into a higher weight class ?
    No, I am trying to have good looking muscles and be a good boxer.

silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10) silv3rbull3t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your a competitive boxer your not going to be doing bodybuilding type workouts. You have to maintain a certain weight to stay in a weight class, you can't eat like you need to in body building.......... He's right, they don't mix.
    "Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gator Muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Of course, you'd want to put special emphasis on shoulder, tricep, and chest exercises. Focus on doing moderate weight at higher repetition ranges. This will condition your red twitch fibers which are for endurance. You want your shoulders conditioned to help you keep your guard up and to deliver blows.

Chest exercises that include bringing your elbows in front of your chest like the pec dec, dumbell flies, and so on will help you with hooks. You'd want to focus on explosive tricep movements for straight jabs.

These are the exercsies I did when training Muay Thai a few years ago.

Don't neglect leg exercises for stability and balance. Drink your shake at least 1 hour before training that way you don't throw it up in the gym!
    www.fullcirclemuscleandfitness.com

Articles, Supplements, Videos

www.extremebodybuilding.net

Originally Posted by silv3rbull3t View Post
    If your a competitive boxer your not going to be doing bodybuilding type workouts. You have to maintain a certain weight to stay in a weight class, you can't eat like you need to in body building.......... He's right, they don't mix.
    psstt dont worry about weight class...

Originally Posted by Gator Muscle View Post
    Of course, you'd want to put special emphasis on shoulder, tricep, and chest exercises. Focus on doing moderate weight at higher repetition ranges. This will condition your red twitch fibers which are for endurance. You want your shoulders conditioned to help you keep your guard up and to deliver blows.

Chest exercises that include bringing your elbows in front of your chest like the pec dec, dumbell flies, and so on will help you with hooks. You'd want to focus on explosive tricep movements for straight jabs.

Don't neglect leg exercises for stability and balance. Drink your shake at least 1 hour before training that way you don't throw it up in the gym!

sound like some good advice thanks

for gains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well... being a boxer, you'll tend to burn fat, and look defined and pretty anyways. So just do the basics... do what you need to do- you'll be pretty defined and ripped, so, you PROBABLY won't have to worry about your looks if you become a boxer.
    I EAT BEEEEFFFF!!!!! Live with it...

Originally Posted by for gains View Post
    you PROBABLY won't have to worry about your looks if you become a boxer.
    why is that?

Why do people assume you cant be a bodybuilder and a boxer?
    I am not doing any of these professionaly only for myself...

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by zloy View Post
    also should i also take shakes before and after boxing?
    No...take it from me don't drink anything heavy before you train boxing wise all the bouncing around and intense cardio will make that **** come up also you don't want to get hit in the stomach with a shake in your stomach. I speak from experience I've seen plenty of people drink protein shakes right before they come to the gym and they either wind up yacking in the spit bucket or stopping their training.

You need explosive movements if you want to build strength that corelate to boxing movements. And doing these explosive movements at high reps to build endurance. Squats, Rows, Bench Press, Tricep Presses, A lot of medicine ball work with a partner or a wall, pull-ups, push-ups, and a lot of ab/core work as well. Plyometrics are great for boxing when done right. Also you don't want concentrate that much on weight lifting to the point that it may slow you down if you do too much of it in the wrong fashion.
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by zloy View Post
    No, I am trying to have good looking muscles and be a good boxer.
    Good looking muscles do not make you a good boxer at all...so you need to get that thought out of your head. Trying to look like Ronnie, Jay, Arnold, or anyother bodybuilder isn't going to help you at all in boxing. Skill, Technique, Smarts, Coordination, and Timing make a good boxer.
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    By boxing 5 times a week you arent leaving much time for lifting. I would say box 3 times a week only.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you'll burn a lot of fat boxing 5 times per week, I would just stick to a basic routine full of compound exercises, a bodybuilding split will only make you tired and unable to train boxing.

the best bang for your buck exercises would be:

squat (preferebly front squat)
    press (preferebly military press)
    pull (preferebly clean)

the three I mentioned will give you a lot of explosive power, then again back squat, bench press, deadlift are also great, stick to stuff like these maybe 2 times a week for like 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps and you should be good.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Originally Posted by djartek View Post
    Good looking muscles do not make you a good boxer at all...so you need to get that thought out of your head. Trying to look like Ronnie, Jay, Arnold, or anyother bodybuilder isn't going to help you at all in boxing. Skill, Technique, Smarts, Coordination, and Timing make a good boxer.
    u sound like broken record... I said I want good looking muscles and be a good boxer...

can you follow...

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    you'll burn a lot of fat boxing 5 times per week, I would just stick to a basic routine full of compound exercises, a bodybuilding split will only make you tired and unable to train boxing.

the best bang for your buck exercises would be:

squat (preferebly front squat)
    press (preferebly military press)
    pull (preferebly clean)

the three I mentioned will give you a lot of explosive power, then again back squat, bench press, deadlift are also great, stick to stuff like these maybe 2 times a week for like 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps and you should be good.
    Thats what I had in mind squat/ deadlift/ bench / press / and maybe some rows

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been taking MMA for several months now, and I found it difficult to attain hypertrophy even when I was eating more calories. Now I've decided I need to lose more fat, but keep in mind that those intense cardio workouts are tough on your muscles. I've really had to cut back and I've noticed larger gains in strength when I'm just running for my cardio. I miss boxing though :-( I was good at it.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    rosstraining.com
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    I've been taking MMA for several months now, and I found it difficult to attain hypertrophy even when I was eating more calories. Now I've decided I need to lose more fat, but keep in mind that those intense cardio workouts are tough on your muscles. I've really had to cut back and I've noticed larger gains in strength when I'm just running for my cardio. I miss boxing though :-( I was good at it.
    sweet why did u quit boxing?

Originally Posted by matthor View Post
    rosstraining.com
    repping you

muslimbeard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi i am new here i dong know how to create post i ask you here i am training boxing and bodybuilding too i dont know how to mix it i am training boximg at night 3 times a week monday thursdey wednesdey and gym 5 times a week 12345 before the boxing gym my height is 158 wheight 58 kg i whant up boxing wheight class to 65 or 70 i doing mass how mix it?

muslimbeard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi i am new here i dong know how to create post i ask you here i am training boxing and bodybuilding too i dont know how to mix it i am training boximg at night 3 times a week monday thursdey wednesdey and gym 5 times a week 12345 before the boxing gym my height is 158 wheight 58 kg i whant up boxing wheight class to 65 or 70 i doing mass how mix it?
    Originally Posted by Gator Muscle View Post