Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by psalms1441 View Post
    where do u get carbquick from might I ask?
    I live in the states but purchased it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Carbquik-Bakin...ords=carbquick

I've used it for Pancakes, Waffles, and Crusts (for Casseroles and Chicken Pot Pies). The Waffles were a hit and am psyched to be making them tomorrow. Pancakes were good but not like the buttermilk kinds I liked. I made smaller pancakes to be used as bread for egg and sausage sandwiches which I preferred. Crusts had a lot of variety depending on the recipe but generally good.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are 6'1" and weigh only 170lbs. I think you keep to reconsider a keto diet. You are skinny!
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

JasonUSMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know the 2 people giving me advise locally do competitions. I am doing keto right now. I had 3 pretty good weeks of weight loss then hit a week of .5lb loss. they both said to eat some carbs. I had 1 piece of pizza and lost 4 pounds that week. So as of right now I keep my macros to around 5%carb/ 30% protein/ 65%fat. Then every second weekend I have a piece of pizza or something similar.

rrohlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weekly is too often.

Originally Posted by OsamaAlk1997 View Post
    Exactly I feel like it can only be beneficial for you because 1. You boost your metabolism
    2. Better mode
    3.better gym performance
    4.filing muscle gylycogyn
    I will try to encorprate Refeeds once a week and see how my body reacts to that

I think weekly refeeds are a disaster if you are trying to lose weight.

1. I do not believe loss of carbs hinders performance in the gym. I have been super-strict keto for 3 months. My average ketones during that time is 1.6. I also do intermittent fasting. I'm on my way to the gym now to do heavy strength training and will be working out after a 25-hour fast (typically I workout with only 18-19 hours of fasting, but my schedule was different today.). I am having the best workouts of my life and am having quick recovery because my body has become very efficent at mobilizing fat.
    2. An important key is that workouts need to be whole body workouts. Your lymphatic system mobilizes fat. Since the heart does not pump the lymphatic system, the only way that fluid gets moving is exercise. So don't make the mistake of doing only an upper body workout. You need a whole body workout every time. My favorite workout now is the one designed by Dr. McGuff. Basically, you lift the heaviest weight in which you can do only 4-6 reps going 5-7 seconds in each direction (e.g. lifting weight slowly in 1 directin for 5-7 seconds and then lowering weight in 5-7 seconds). If doing something like bicep curls, for example, you never let arm fully extend, but keep muscle under tension throughout the process. By increasing time under tension, you get dramatic results. You will quickly deplete glycogen reserves, but if you are keto-adpated, you can recover quickly.
    3. If you do a carb refeed, it CAN kick you out of ketosis. I measure ketones regularly. If I eat carbs, my ketones may drop down to the 0.5-0.8 range the next day. But I quickly recover to 1.0-1.6 within a day of ketogenic diet. Many people return much more slowly. If you did a 1-day refeed, it could mean that you spend 3 days out of ketosis each week with only 4 days in. So that restricts your fat loss / cutting.
    4. A better plan is to first make sure you are thoroughly keto-adapted and are practicing intermittent fasting. Get your body used to doing fasted workouts so that it becomes more efficient at fat burning. Then, after you have done strict keto for at least 6 weeks, you can can do refeeds. But instead of doing them weekly, only do them when you experience some body signals telling you need them. These symptoms would include: (1) extreme fatigue; (2) inability to recover quickly from workouts; (3) joint aches / pains that are not norml or are above what you normally experience in the 48 hours after a heavy workout; (4) feelings of lethargy accompanied by mood swings. I recommend you watch YouTube video by Thomas DeLauer about refeed to hear him describe his experience. (His explanations of everything are pretty technical but probably the most science-based approach you will find on anything.)

In the last 90 days, I've been hungry about 3 times and have extremely good recovery times even after heavy strength training sessions. In the 1 or 2 times that I had "signals" telling me it was time to refeed, I chose healthy carbs and usually only had 1 refeed meal (rather than a day or weekend of it). I would typicaly lose 1-2 lbs. over the next couple of days following the refeed.

Marcinnx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OsamaAlk1997 View Post
    You're right but the problem is I have like 10-15 more pounds I already lost about 28 lbs in the past . So it's going to take a good 12-20 weeks I can't survive all that time without carbs and also I read articles about how Refeeds could be very beneficial especially in keto as it increases the leptin and thyroid hormones ...
    Don’t listen to these guys. Refeeds can benefit you, your mood and your GOAL. It’s all about training your metabolism and getting into super compensation mode. Where you slowly deplete your body with slight calorie deficit over a long period of time (weeks or even months) and then refeed your body with whatever you desire for one or even two days depending on how you feel. Listen to your body! If you losing sleep, lacking energy and concentration, and feel hungry constantly/ after each meal then it’s about time to have a refeed. Enjoy yourself and then afterwords get straight back on track and back onto the diet.

I’m sort of in the same situation as you. I do boxing so very high intensity training which I feel depletes my body much quicker. But I’m feeling horrible at the minute (4 week this week). Losing sleep and training feels like hell. I’ve dropped my protein down today and yesterday and I feel a little better but did s&c and a 2.5mile run today and it felt awful. Going to decide what to do by the end of this week- see how I feel with fewer proteins and see what happens..

Marcinnx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rrohlin View Post
    I think weekly refeeds are a disaster if you are trying to lose weight.

1. I do not believe loss of carbs hinders performance in the gym. I have been super-strict keto for 3 months. My average ketones during that time is 1.6. I also do intermittent fasting. I'm on my way to the gym now to do heavy strength training and will be working out after a 25-hour fast (typically I workout with only 18-19 hours of fasting, but my schedule was different today.). I am having the best workouts of my life and am having quick recovery because my body has become very efficent at mobilizing fat.
    2. An important key is that workouts need to be whole body workouts. Your lymphatic system mobilizes fat. Since the heart does not pump the lymphatic system, the only way that fluid gets moving is exercise. So don't make the mistake of doing only an upper body workout. You need a whole body workout every time. My favorite workout now is the one designed by Dr. McGuff. Basically, you lift the heaviest weight in which you can do only 4-6 reps going 5-7 seconds in each direction (e.g. lifting weight slowly in 1 directin for 5-7 seconds and then lowering weight in 5-7 seconds). If doing something like bicep curls, for example, you never let arm fully extend, but keep muscle under tension throughout the process. By increasing time under tension, you get dramatic results. You will quickly deplete glycogen reserves, but if you are keto-adpated, you can recover quickly.
    3. If you do a carb refeed, it CAN kick you out of ketosis. I measure ketones regularly. If I eat carbs, my ketones may drop down to the 0.5-0.8 range the next day. But I quickly recover to 1.0-1.6 within a day of ketogenic diet. Many people return much more slowly. If you did a 1-day refeed, it could mean that you spend 3 days out of ketosis each week with only 4 days in. So that restricts your fat loss / cutting.
    4. A better plan is to first make sure you are thoroughly keto-adapted and are practicing intermittent fasting. Get your body used to doing fasted workouts so that it becomes more efficient at fat burning. Then, after you have done strict keto for at least 6 weeks, you can can do refeeds. But instead of doing them weekly, only do them when you experience some body signals telling you need them. These symptoms would include: (1) extreme fatigue; (2) inability to recover quickly from workouts; (3) joint aches / pains that are not norml or are above what you normally experience in the 48 hours after a heavy workout; (4) feelings of lethargy accompanied by mood swings. I recommend you watch YouTube video by Thomas DeLauer about refeed to hear him describe his experience. (His explanations of everything are pretty technical but probably the most science-based approach you will find on anything.)

In the last 90 days, I've been hungry about 3 times and have extremely good recovery times even after heavy strength training sessions. In the 1 or 2 times that I had "signals" telling me it was time to refeed, I chose healthy carbs and usually only had 1 refeed meal (rather than a day or weekend of it). I would typicaly lose 1-2 lbs. over the next couple of days following the refeed.
    Last point is on point - think that’s exactly what I’m going to do. My blood tester is coming this week so I’ll be able to test and go from there

Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100) Polaczo is not very well liked. (-100)
    refeed or not you will still lose weight
    funny how people think that one or two refeed days will stop your body immediately to lose weight