Closed Thread
    moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Developing lower chest and the line

I had gyno surgery and I think the surgeon took out a bit too much tissue on the lower part of my chest. Even before the surgery I had not much seperation between the pecs and upper abs and now it's even less, however I lost the majority of chest muscles in general.

So decline bench press hits the major for lower chest mass? I really need to get that line but I read some old threads and some people don't think you can target it and grow mass there. Some say that if you gain enough mass on the pecs, gravity pulls it down and you get that 'line'. What do you think?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think that since the chest is all one muscle you should just work on increasing the total mass of that, instead of isolating the 'lower' chest.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10) moodyhank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you guys actually feel the muscles on the lower part of the chest, or is the line just created by the chest mass hanging downwards due to gravity?

pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd be doing decline press if i wanted to concentrate on my lower chest.

Whether it specifically targets the lower part, or adds overall mass to your entire chest doesn't really matter. You'll win either way.

Do 8 weeks of decline, 8 weeks of flat, 8 weeks dips and see if you there's a difference.

I've been reading more and came across articles like this:
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-t...d-lower-chest/

Most seem to agree on the same thing that all of these exercises really just hit your entire chest and that that upper and lower development is an illusion that has to do with BF or a lack of muscle.

I'm still gonna try decline and incline while avoiding flat. My idea is that if I gain as much mass as possible on the pecs, gravity will start to pull it down just enough so I have that line underneath my pecs and atleast look like I have a 'lower chest'.

Is this going in the right direction?

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Relying on gravity to shape your muscles. This is a new one.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Well I wouldn't say shaping the muscles. It just seems logical to me that the more mass would slightly make the pecs sag which would give that line or crease that I don't have right now.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by moodyhank View Post
    Well I wouldn't say shaping the muscles. It just seems logical to me that the more mass would slightly make the pecs sag which would give that line or crease that I don't have right now.
    Lol. Good luck with that one.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Lol. Good luck with that one.
    What is your advice?

What is your advice?
    Eat enough. Train enough. Recover. Grow.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Eat enough. Train enough. Recover. Grow.
    lol that's exactly the same as my plan you were mocking.

lol that's exactly the same as my plan you were mocking.
    Yet you are relying on the planets gravity for results. So no, it wasnt.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Yet you are relying on the planets gravity for results. So no, it wasnt.
    Actually, yes it was. I said I'm gonna try to develop my chest as much as possible which is done by the obvious methods you described. That's all I can do, and I am hoping that yes the mass sags atleast a bit so my chest has that crease. I never said I'm gonna try to be a Dragonball Z character who will foce gravity upon my chest. You're just trolling.

I'm still gonna try decline and incline while avoiding flat. My idea is that if I gain as much mass as possible on the pecs, gravity will start to pull it down just enough so I have that line underneath my pecs and atleast look like I have a 'lower chest'.
    Actually, yes it was.
    Ok.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Ok.
    Key words:
    "My idea is that if I gain as much mass as possible on the pecs"

Ok indeed.

Key words:
    "My idea is that if I gain as much mass as possible on the pecs"

Ok indeed.
    Yes, but you are under the assumption that without gravity, you wont have the line. Think before you type.
    Eat the damn yolk.