Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink Getting STRONGER and more JACKED

Having realized that following a strict routine with as many correct details as possible seem to make me feel a bit too secure to really put in the effort that im capable of, I have decided to train more instinctively and see what happens.

Mondays workout:

Sets x reps x weight in kilograms.

Bench
    2x5x60
    1x2x80
    3x1x100 - moved a bit slower than general but felt like I could go all day!
    1x12, 10, 8x65
    1x10x60
    6x8x60
    2x5x70

Then some sets of Standing DB Press, High elbow DB Rows, Pulldown Rows and Side Bends.

The next day I woke up sick and still am, but I know exactly how I'm gonna roll when that ****'s over.

Everyone can feel free to comment in my log about anything and everything. Let's talk training and have some fun with this ****.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 01-21-2016 at 11:53 AM.

DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Finally done being sick. Heart pounding like a mother****er though, but that's almost not happening today.

Gonna do a light workout with squat, bench and laterals/curls to loosen up and get back to the grind. Will prolly start training hard again at saturday.

I ended up just doing light squats and deads, then going home.

Yesterday i helped my brother on his project (turning a building into something he can rent out to people), moving dirt and stuff around for over 5 hours. That count as a workout cos at the place im at after being sick, i just need to Work on general movement to get back to the grind again.

Tomorrow i'm gonna go to the gym again, then go to a birthday, then another Family event on sunday, then get back to the grind on monday. Hopefully saturdays workout wont have to be light.

Today I wanted to do a Deadlift and bench workout but I had to take a **** and was in a hurry so cut out deads so I wouldn't **** my pants while training.

Bench
    4x5x60
    1x4x75
    1x2x85, 90
    1x8x70

Strength and coordination is down so yeah **** my life.

Side Bends 3 sets back to back then 4 sets of Pulldown Rows paired with 3sets of laterals.

I decided to try out using bumper plates, straps and tng to overload my back and ass cos they're lagging. I liked it.

I'm in a gym with no PL barbells which may add to this when I go heavy.

14x120 - RPE 8 but felt embarrassed and weak so I stopped.
    15x100 - off a deficit and I guess PR cos i never did AMRAPS off a deficit before

I've done way better with normal PL style AMRAPS so I got more work to do than I thought.

Squat - red mini band wrapped around my legs
    11x5x60

Light but my abs didn't wanna work the way they're supposed on lots of sets to so didn't add weight.

Standing DB Press
    20x12
    13x16 PR

Superset laterals with the same weight.

Side Bends 2 sets

My bench just won't do me right. ****. Feels completely off........

Squat - red mini band wrapped around knees
    5x5x60
    3x3x70
    3x3x80 PR - it's only my 3rd workout with this and am using it for form work
    2x3x70

Spoto
    4x5x60 gave up after this....

Standing DB Press
    1x20, 18x12

Superset curls

Pulldown Rows 4 sets, high elbow db rows 3sets, arm superset 3sets.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 02-02-2016 at 11:37 AM.

"I really feel better than I had ever hoped I could. Dr. Johnson said the strength of my leg and the decision to keep training before the surgery is helping to make the tendon work less than normal and this will help to ensure it heals properly."

Great man leading by example through every single obstacle.

Also from a video Brandon Lilly made recently which resonates highly with me:
    "We are so ****ing protective of people's feelings, we don't even wanna tell them the truth."

Well please.. tell a man after 10 surgeries on the same knee after an accident that doctors thought had crushed his dreams forever that he is hurting your feelings. Stop whining and realize that everybody got their own problems, and yours will be far easier to deal with.

The ******** status update i took the first quote from:

"Knee Update: 7 days post op, met with my doctor.

His perspective: My knee is doing better than he'd expected. Extension is within two degrees of my right leg, an improvement of 18 degrees so far. There is no pain around the joint or incision, only stiffness, and swelling is minimal. I'm able to stand balanced, and walk braced. I will remain on crutches outside the home.

My perspective: No pain!!! Even compared to pre surgery all the pain and stiffness I was feeling was due to my knee cap causing pressure on the lower leg bone. I can now stand flat footed, balanced, and for the first time since my fall my feet don't go to sleep. I really feel better than I had ever hoped I could. Dr. Johnson said the strength of my leg and the decision to keep training before the surgery is helping to make the tendon work less than normal and this will help to ensure it heals properly.

I can resume upper body, and right leg training normally next week, and around the 4 week point I will begin rehab/PT training the left leg."

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    I started to almost get sick again. So yesterday i did some light deads for active recovery. Will do some active recovery work pretty much every day to keep me from getting sick and then continue with the grind.

Today I didn't suck as much. Coordination was better, but filmed the last few sets and it's still uneven apparently.

Spoto
    3x5x60
    1x2x80, 90 PR
    4x3x70 - form stuff and I felt pretty good.
    1x1x90
    1x2x100 PR!!
    5x80 - i think my 8RM after lighter work is 80-85kg so this is pretty good at RPE9 when fatiqued and in a bad place in training with sickness and all recently.

Wrist curls 2 sets

Pulldown Rows
    1x12x45, 50, 55 PR
    1x13x60 PR

Done. Squat and a little rows tomorrow. A bit less Squat and some semi heavy pulls on Saturday most likely.

Today's Squats were good. VMO was a bit tight so cut the doubles short but ain't no problem. I see progress right around the corner!

7-8x3x60 - took a while to get my left glute firing properly.
    1x3x70
    4x2x85
    2x5x75

Had more in me but I got a really good set in and decided to end it on that. If the last set is good, then the next workout is good too.

Yates Rows
    2x12x60
    1x23, 9x80 PR, 100

Haven't done this exercise for 20 days. Only a PR cos I never did anything over 20 reps.

Side Bends 2 sets and curls 6 sets.

So after last night I went home and slept 8 hours, then got back to the gym. Gonna train twice today.

Squat
    5x3x60
    5x2x80
    1x1x100
    3x1x110
    1x2, 6x100, 80

Deadlift - tng
    2x3x100
    1x2x120, straps 140
    1x3x160

Yeah this went like **** cos 1) I thought I'd be capable of doing this with good form and 2) i didn't realize my body was fatiqued enough that good position was pretty hard to maintain.

Side Bends 17x40 yeah I suck

After my morning workout I visited my brother on the way home. He is building a house to rent out. I helped shovel some dirt for like 2 minutes or less and my lower back was PUMPED and useless. So its a good thing I never went all out on a given workout.

Today is a testament to what I said in yesterday's workout. I finished last bench workout with uneven pressing and had to do a ton of warmup sets with 40kg to become able to press evenly. My pressing muscles were tired today so didn't do much.

My shoulders are ****ing weak and pathetic. And my upper chest is tiny compared to lower. And my bench is ****ing weak. Gonna focus more on my shoulder area from now on.

Spoto
    5x5x60
    3x5x70

Standing DB Press
    1x10x12, 14, 16

Superset Side Raises
    1x10, 7x12, 14

Just babying my shoulders.

High elbow DB Rows 2x12 ramp up

CG Pulldown Rows
    1x15, 11, 6, 12x50 PR, 60 PR, 70 PR, 50

Haven't done that grip in 9 days so this is nice.

Then I did that exact same pyramid style ramp up on triceps.

Working out twice in a day today has been interesting. Might do it every weekend from now on, although I should prolly have done just Squat in the morning and then Deadlift in the evening.

Today was a short round with focus on quality.

Squat - red mini band wrapped around legs
    4x3x60
    5x3x70
    11x1x85

Finished on a pretty good set.

GHR controlled eccentrics
    3x4xbw I suck at this

Thinking about doing 1-3rep sets most of the time on Squats and just do enough sets to keep the volume up given that this isn't an intensity "phase" in my instinctual mayhem. Rep quality is way better this way and it will fix my hip shift quicker.

Today was a short round cos my right delt is tight. I have NO idea why. Not a clue.

4x3x60
    4x2x80 - 3 reps on the last set
    2x3x90 PR
    3x1x100 - this is my 2RM. Form was a bit off, tried to fix it, but couldn't.
    3x2x80

Incline - 30 degrees
    3x5x40
    1x5x50
    7x5x60

I think the incline I used in my last cycle was lower. Anyway this angle is NEW and FRESH.

Pulldown Rows
    1x10, 8, 6x55, 70 PR, 70

SIDE BENDS 2 SETS OF MEH
    - gotta not use the abdominal core of my body too much today cos I'm gonna rep some deads tomorrow. So I only did 2x20 reps with a weight I only got 18 reps with on the last set. That's fabulous.

Yeah, this wasn't a short workout.

Today I went to the gym ANGRY.

Deads - bumper plates, Tng
    2-3x3x100
    16x125 PR - as many reps as I had in me with 120 last time
    14x105 - deficit PR

Prolly shouldn't have done a deficit set cos my back was pretty tired today. But then I realized it doesn't matter and I'm fine actually. Just some reps showed that I was fatiqued from other workouts.

Squat
    4x3x60, 80

Side Raises 6 sets

CG Pulldown Rows 3 sets - my lats were tired even before the first set

Curls 3 sets and wrist curls 2 sets

Shoulders tomorrow and bench a day or 2 later

Today was a mixed feelings workout cos my core was semi dead on Squats and the PR's on my presses are only PR's cos I held back on the weight I used, not cos I'm stronger, cos I'm not.

6x3x60
    10x2x75

Standing DB Press
    1x10x12, 16, 18 PR
    1x8x20 PR
    3x10x16 volume PR

Gotta turn that topset into a 10rep set next time.

Triceps 5 sets

Yesterday I was so fatiqued I skipped school to rest. Couldn't sleep despite needing to. Figure I might as well go practice some Squats cos that's the goal of squatting almost daily anyways.

4x3x60
    6x3x70

Might have actually increased my recovery with this light work.

Side Bends 20x30 - light for activation purpose.

Today around mid day:

4x3x60
    8x2x80

Easy although core was fatiqued so form could be better here and there. Overall fine workout though.

Spoto
    3x4x60
    12x2x70

My shoulders are beat up.

Goal is to do max effort tonight. This workout won't get in my way was my attitude. I wanted it to go great.

Tonight's workout:

I got more than what I wanted.

4x3x60
    1x2, 1x80, 100 - flew up!
    6x1x115 PR
    1x5x100 PR and RPE 8-9

A month ago I tried this exercise for the first time and got 2x100. Then i got sick for a week and spent a week getting back on top. So after 2 weeks of Squatting almost daily I ended up increasing my 2RM by prolly 25kg. Which means my glutes are way stronger and I can prolly tie my bandless technical max any day now, possibly beating it.

It was also a volume PR.

Bench
    1x5, 2x60, 80
    4x1x100
    1x4x80 - spoto

Volume PR too although I thought form would be better than it turnt out to be. Should have prolly stopped after the 3rd single which would tie my previous volume PR which was set on a day where I didn't train earlier or the day before, and where bench was the first exercise of the day.

Today was awesome. Gonna focus more on assist fluff tomorrow.

So I started off the day with a workout. I met a douche.

Some guy "asked" me arrogantly to not stand where he was doing his dip-at-the-top-side-raises while I was warming up my rotator cuffs. I thought he did those raises a bit away from where I stood but I moved anyways. Then he grabbed his dumbbells and did his raises standing at the spot I thought he was doing them at, so what I did when he was done with the set was go back to continue my warm up fluff where he didn't want me to stand. Who the hell does he think he is.. He didn't say anything but I think that when he grabbed the dumbbells after 10 seconds looking pretty angry, that he didn't like the fact I wouldn't tolerate his bull**** and wanted to beat me up or something.

Apparently muscular men take up twice the space they actually require. If you ask me, he was more than welcome to try and talk ****.

Squat - red band wrapped around my legs
    5x3x60
    8x3x80

CG Pulldown Rows
    1x10, 11, 8x50, 70 PR, 80 PR

Side Bends 3sets

Am I the only one who think that skinny guys haven't earned the right to have tribal tats?

Come on. I can't have no subs.

5x3x60
    2x2x8
    4x1x100

Yates Rows
    24x90 PR
    12x100
    10x1 10

Almost at the strength level I was at before getting sick on this exercise.

GHR - controlled eccentrics
    2x3

More controlled than last time.

Laterals 2 sets

Today was my 10th Squat workout for the past 8 days (well one of those prolly aided my recovery though), so it's nice to not have to Squat tomorrow.

3x3x60
    1x3x80
    5x2x90
    3x2x80
    1x6x80 PR

Pulldown Rows 14x55 PR

High elbow DB Rows 4sets

Today I felt like **** from start to finish so I might stay home tonight.

Deadlift - oly bar, straps, Tng
    14x130 PR

Left serratus anterior is too weak.

Incline
    5x5x50 MEH..

I went and trained with 2 guys (my brothers friend and his brother) who haven't yet learnt how to lift. I felt WAY better than earlier.

Deadlift - bumper plates, tng, straps
    3x3x100
    1x5, 3x140, 160
    1x11x120 - deficit

The gym have 2 non oly bars. They're a bit wider than PL bars and not as rough to hold although rougher than oly bars.

Incline - 30 degrees
    2x5x40
    1x6x50 PR, 60 PR
    1x4x70 PR
    1x6x60
    3x6x50

CG Pulldown Rows
    3x10x60 maybe volume PR

Today is rest day, but I still wanna take the time to post in here anyways.

MY SHORT TERM GOALS

I have one goal for each lift that I want to achieve first in order to get one step closer to being as strong as possible on that lift.

Written in order of priority:
    1. Squat 135kg with the red mini band wrapped around my knees.

2. Build my shoulder joint (upper chest and delts primarily) up to par by doing hypertrophy type training.

3. Deadlift with tng, straps, oly bar and bumper plates 15x140kg.

I realize that goal number 2 doesn't look very specific, but the thing is I have more stuff to work on, but I might be ready to go into more strength specific training before actually having built every single brick up to par.

These goals are obviously just stepping stones. When I reach them I will evaluate if I need to carry on further with them or if I need new goals for that lift.

These goals will carry me further and further into peaking my strength and the realization of bigger PR's.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 02-17-2016 at 01:23 PM.

AM workout:

Felt tired but kinda good.

3x3x60
    4x3x80
    2x3x75

Leg Curls
    1x20x20,5, 27,3, 34,1
    1x14x40,9

Last time I did these I think I tore my left hamstring.

Pulldown Rows - elbows flared
    5x10x35, 40

This is hard to do right so i need to get better for maximum development.

Wrist Curls 4 sets

PM workout:

I felt really good to go kinda heavy or maybe even break a PR, but after I put on 80kg I was asked to leave the back room cos the staff had to do some wannabe crossfit **** there.

3x3x60
    Then I was asked to leave. And the main room sucked today. Too many people talking. And of the 2 Squat racks, one guy was Squatting with a ****ty bar and a girl wouldn't let me work in with her so I had to wait till one was free.

3x3x60
    4x3x80
    2x3x90 - yup, not as strong as I thought today.
    3x3x80

......... but I can prolly hit a PR any day now though.

Unilateral Lying Leg Curls
    2x15x20,5

I wanted to do GHR, but that machine is in the back room.

Apparently my right ham is the weak one.

Side Bends
    2x20x40 kinda easy today

1x15, 13, 11, 8x35 PR, 45 PR, 55 PR, 60 PR

I suck at German. But I gotta do this assignment before Monday or I won't be allowed to go to the exam. Hopefully we won't have a German exam. So I might skip training tomorrow and study all day instead....
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

My shoulder is bugging me after all the pressing (those heavy singles) and high frequency of LOW BAR Squatting so today was light for recovery.

Squat T50x0 mini band stuff
    4x3x60

I'm gonna do a bit of slow eccentric work here and there to further improve small stuff and general tightness.

DB Press
    2x10x12

CG Pulldown Rows
    1x10 50, 60, 8x70

1x12x35
    2x12x45

Curls 30x5

Might do deads tomorrow or just another active recovery workout squat/press stuff.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 02-20-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

Today I coached 2 guys in the gym. I go to school with one of them and I paid his sister to do the German assignment for me so that im sure to be allowed to go to the exam if I'm so unlucky that I have to do a German exam. I hope it's anot English exam instead, cos that's a guaranteed 12 grade.

Deads - bumper plates, tng, oly bar
    2x3x100
    Straps
    15x130 PR

Not too pleased with the quality of that repout.

3x3x60, 70

Since so much of my technique has become better, it's time to work more on the skill of lifting heavy weights with good form. I'm gonna Squat +80% around 2-4 times per week. Some of that will be slow eccentrics though. All workouts cut down to sub 10 sets and i will still have lighter days at 60-70% to help me further improve the last structural issues I have.

2 days ago I had a deload workout. Today I felt better. Smashing my bicep with a 24kg kettlebell helped too.

3x3x60
    2x2x80
    1x3x100
    2x1x110
    2x4x90

Fixed a minor detail in my form. I don't need to do tempo manipulation anymore.

Bench
    8x5x60

Need a lot of work on my food placement. One is far closer to my head than the other.

2x8x50

Side Raises 2sets

"I've always been an open person, and I've never been a racist.. But that one person made me one."

^ My teacher trying to explain in an understandable and light way, what she thought of an encounter she had recently.

I've come in touch with a Physiotherapist. A very clever one. I was recommended to do Push Up Plus for my Serratus Anterior and **** how it feels good on my shoulder.

Deficit Deadlift - tng, Bumper plates
    4x3x100
    Straps
    15x120 PR

As I set up for the topset some guy asked me if I was using other equipment. What the ****. He said sorry and I helped him improve his Squat. **** this gym sometimes.

2x3x60
    4x3x80

Just form work. Heavy on Sunday.

1x4, 3xbw

Gonna do Push ups after every ****ing pressing workout.

I felt off mentally all day today. Even though I managed to use my left Serratus Anterior a LOT today, that just made my hip unstable somehow. **** **** ****.

Deadlift - oly bar, bumper plates, tng
    4x3x10
    Straps
    15x130 PR tie

Next time I either try to improve form on this weight or I try to imrove it on heavier weight.

T-bar Rows - bar weight excluded
    1x17, 29x40 - had to get my mind right.
    1x18, 7x60, 80

First time trying this exercise.

Trap bar Shrugs 2x15, then push ups 2x15

Gotta find out what that trap har weighs.

I stopped giving a **** about the trap bar weight some time last night.

I haven't done FSQ for over a half year and they were HARD to do with my weak core. Today was different. Worked up to 5kg below my PR and I only needed to be a little bit more stable to decide to try and beat it, which I did have the strength to do.

Front Squat
    3x3x60
    1x1x80, 100
    1x2x80

Overhead Press
    1x5x30, 40
    1x4x50

Fine start. Trying to stay safe.

Low Row Machine - unilateral
    1x10, 5, 14x20, 40, 70

First time trying this machine. I wonder if I can rep 140kg like that on Yates Rows too if I cut out my usual first high rep set (I got 13x120 before I implemented that first lighter set and I'm stronger now).

1x5, 3xbw

Felt it DEEP in the hams today. I guess Deadlift hit them harder than I thought. I can almost do 1 without a push off the bottom now.

Tomorrow will be a bit of fluff work with maybe a bit of heavy.

Yesterday I just stayed home and did 3x15 push ups which is a big improvement on what I can do comfortably.

Today was a pretty good day.

Deficit deads - tng, bumper plates, oly bar
    3x3x100
    Straps
    18x120 PR - 3 more than a week ago
    4x160 PR - never did above 120kg on this one before

I'm starting to feel pretty confident that my numbers are rising on deads.

Close grip bench
    2x8x60
    1x5, 4x70

My right lat starting getting really tight which threw me off. That's my life after deads haha.

I also did some terminal bench with empty bar for the Serratus anterior before and after my presses. It felt damn good so will do that every workout.

Lying Leg Curls - unilateral
    1x20, 13, 7x20,5

Triple set. Got my deconditioned ass hams walking funny. Just finished and now I gotta go to the grocery store before going home. Gonna be fun.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 03-04-2016 at 07:06 AM.