Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Regardless of what everyone in the known universe will tell you, don't get a 45-degree angle one. Get a 90-degree angle one. Then, you'll be able to do reverse hyperextensions, as well.
    Agreed. I bought a 45-degree hyper and didn't feel like it did much of anything for my back. Sold it and haven't looked back. I use a flat bench and do prone glute raises that feel a lot more effective.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Agreed. I bought a 45-degree hyper and didn't feel like it did much of anything for my back. Sold it and haven't looked back. I use a flat bench and do prone glute raises that feel a lot more effective.
    You mean you guys actually use these for your back? That's what deadlifts are for LOL. Those 45 degree hypers are phenomenal for burning up the hamstrings while holding 45lb plates and setting the pads low, that's how I've always used them.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    You mean you guys actually use these for your back? That's what deadlifts are for LOL. Those 45 degree hypers are phenomenal for burning up the hamstrings while holding 45lb plates and setting the pads low, that's how I've always used them.
    Maybe I didn't engage correctly or load heavy enough, but I felt almost nothing in my hamstrings as well. Speaking of deadlifts for your back, why not just do RDLs for hamstrings?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do both actually, RDL's using a landmine are rather nice for the hamstrings too.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A bit more difficult to load, but a couple of pairs of heavy ankle weights come in handy for that. I still like regular hypers, because you can use a lot of weight.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe I didn't engage correctly or load heavy enough, but I felt almost nothing in my hamstrings as well. Speaking of deadlifts for your back, why not just do RDLs for hamstrings?
    There's different ways to position yourself, either to make hypers low back specific or hamstring specific. https://bodyrecomposition.com/traini...sion-technique

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

There's different ways to position yourself, either to make hypers low back specific or hamstring specific. https://bodyrecomposition.com/traini...sion-technique
    Great link, thanks. Looks like I was using it correctly. I just didn't experience enough benefit for the cost and space it took up. I'm probably in the minority. And to be fair, I've been trying to free up space lately so I might have been looking for an excuse to get rid of it.

Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steinway53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's different ways to position yourself, either to make hypers low back specific or hamstring specific.
    That is a very good article !

Regarding reverse hypers- I was able top execute a variation of one on the Muscle D 45 by leaning over the front the opposite way and grabbing the calf pads with my hands. It's a little easier then on a 90 degree bench or dedicated reverse hyper but I still felt it in my glutes and lower back.

Can't post the link but if you Google -- reverse hyper - with external rotation using 45 deg back extension -- there's a woman, Ella Martyn, on You Tube doing it on a yellow Hammer S.
    Last edited by Steinway53; 01-19-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

Originally Posted by Steinway53 View Post
    That is a very good article !

Regarding reverse hypers- I was able top execute a variation of one on the Muscle D 45 by leaning over the front the opposite way and grabbing the calf pads with my hands. It's a little easier then on a 90 degree bench or dedicated reverse hyper but I still felt it in my glutes and lower back.

Can't post the link but if you Google -- reverse hyper - with external rotation using 45 deg back extension -- there's a woman, Ella Martyn, on You Tube doing it on a yellow Hammer S.
    Ah, okay, it can be done. It looks a bit painfull and I think it would be harder to load, but I could be wrong.

Great link, thanks. Looks like I was using it correctly. I just didn't experience enough benefit for the cost and space it took up. I'm probably in the minority. And to be fair, I've been trying to free up space lately so I might have been looking for an excuse to get rid of it.
    I don't like or do hypers for hamstrings, anyways. There are better exercises.

It's a great accessory movement to burn out the hamstrings after a heavy leg session, much easier to load and more comfortable than a roman chair. Never really got into them until I started doing the 5/3/1 powerlifting program a long time ago.