Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1729
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Well done on the weight loss. It's going in the right direction.

I'm good at eating in a deficit during the week, but come the weekend...lol!
    Might be a bit early for well done. Just from around 148. Have decent deficit days and others that are not so much. For me it's not necessarily the weekend but any time when it's a day off from work where I'm at home near all of the food. We aren't supposed to have food in pharmacy technically (though that rule isn't always followed) but for the most part don't have time to be snacking at work. So, it's when I'm home and not having to do that stuff that it gets tough. Right now that's only 1 day a week though as I'm on a 6 day work week for now until who knows when.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Yeah. Unfortunately, some of us don't get to bulk on purpose so... it's cutting season most of the time for me. And yeah, Cali where the weather is nice pretty much all year around.
    I'm happy about the rain. It shouldn't be 41 in San Diego though. Ever. We had a frost warning last night!
    Instagram: @doctorv17

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Speak for yourself. 41 and rainy this week. Had to break out some winter hats.
    It's just getting up to 41 and rainy here, people are breaking out the shorts and tank tops.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm happy about the rain. It shouldn't be 41 in San Diego though. Ever. We had a frost warning last night!
    I like the rain too except in the commute cause A. other drivers here suck in general and worse in weather they rarely see and B the roads aren't set up for incremental weather. The paint doesn't reflect well when there is water on the roads so hard to tell where the lanes are. It is quite chilly and weird for LA weather.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    It's just getting up to 41 and rainy here, people are breaking out the shorts and tank tops.
    Hehe. Yeah... Growing up in small town Wyoming I'd done the whole, being out in snow in shorts and such. I'm not quite acclimated yet to SoCal but I also used to be fluffier so I get cold a little more easier than I used to (back when I weighed around 200 lbs and cold sleep with the window open middle of winter in negative weather).
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Quick update:

Skipped gym thursday due to headache partly caused by new head sets we have to wear at work cause they want us to answer the phone in the first 60 seconds. Can put it on hold after answering and letting them know it will be a moment but are supposed to pick up right away. Even after eating a little and taking a bath though my head still ached so went to bed early that night.

Was supposed to have yesterday off (Saturday, my only day off) and was going to go to writing group, write the story for the week then clean at home as need to find my license to bring to work. Tech called out. I went in for her. The pharmacist who was scheduled, not one of our usuals, didn't show. Had to get someone in last minute so we didn't open until after 11. Stayed with him an hour after we closed to get caught up. So... I don't have a day off this week. Didn't go to gym after work as didn't have my gym stuff. Did get sister her birthday cupcake from Sprinkles as her birthday is Monday. My next day off is Sunday next weekend.

So, yeah....
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Quick update:

Skipped gym thursday due to headache partly caused by new head sets we have to wear at work cause they want us to answer the phone in the first 60 seconds. Can put it on hold after answering and letting them know it will be a moment but are supposed to pick up right away. Even after eating a little and taking a bath though my head still ached so went to bed early that night.

Was supposed to have yesterday off (Saturday, my only day off) and was going to go to writing group, write the story for the week then clean at home as need to find my license to bring to work. Tech called out. I went in for her. The pharmacist who was scheduled, not one of our usuals, didn't show. Had to get someone in last minute so we didn't open until after 11. Stayed with him an hour after we closed to get caught up. So... I don't have a day off this week. Didn't go to gym after work as didn't have my gym stuff. Did get sister her birthday cupcake from Sprinkles as her birthday is Monday. My next day off is Sunday next weekend.

So, yeah....
    I'm tired just reading all that. That sucks not to get a day off. Hope you get some downtime soon
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know what you mean about unstructured time. I always feel hungrier when I have days off work, too, or too much downtime; that's why I never try to eat at a deficit on rest days. Something about exercise suppressing appetite at work there, too.

I'm sorry you're so swamped at work. No lifting is no bueno.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ugh, I hope things turn around for you soon and you get some time off. I always go to CVS for my drugs lol and man those people are stressed the fuk out every time. I wonder if it's a common thing for people to not show up to work at that job and then it just stresses everyone out. Seems like they're always shorthanded.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

I'm tired just reading all that. That sucks not to get a day off. Hope you get some downtime soon
    Yeah. I'm tired too. Unfortunately my day off is Sunday but today I'm evening shift so at least got to sleep in.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    I know what you mean about unstructured time. I always feel hungrier when I have days off work, too, or too much downtime; that's why I never try to eat at a deficit on rest days. Something about exercise suppressing appetite at work there, too.

I'm sorry you're so swamped at work. No lifting is no bueno.
    It's easier to not notice hunger or think of food when distracted by work compared to at home where I keep all the food and already paid for it so it's tempting to just snack as am sitting around on the computer. I did manage to lift though schedule is off but did max effort squats Sunday and bench last night.

Ugh, I hope things turn around for you soon and you get some time off. I always go to CVS for my drugs lol and man those people are stressed the fuk out every time. I wonder if it's a common thing for people to not show up to work at that job and then it just stresses everyone out. Seems like they're always shorthanded.
    Thanks. It's a very long week and we're going to have to report back why I worked so many days in a row cause technically we're really not supposed to have me work an entire week without a break. But it is what it is, so I'm working 14 days in a row.

I haven't been in a CVS much, not when it's busy, but we have to call them often and they much have a lot going on cause it takes a long time and their hold music makes me want to fall asleep. It's all lullabye-like and repetitious. We're just a little short staffed right now, trying to hire another, but the problem comes in when the one who doesn't work much decides to call out. We need everyone to do their shifts as we don't have backup or extra.

Lifted the last two days. Squats went really well despite being so tired all day. Bench was not so great, mostly the slingshot as I tried a third rep and failed. Turns out between having the slingshot and my belt on, really difficult to roll of shame it. Someone came and helped me instead. Then I tried a second set (after resting) and right elbow was just "nope" but had a guy spot me for that one after another also offered to spot. Most help I've had on bench at the gym ever.

Yesterday we were so busy at work. Today hopefully since I'm the 1-9 shift it won't be so bad. Managed to get my newsletter done this morning. Last week's writing entry was rough and rushed but oh well, got something in and now need to write something for this week. Also found my tech license so that is good. Work had us bring it in for them to make copies from as they are supposed to be posted and I guess they didn't want the print out from the site anymore so yeah. I know where my license is now. Next is get my CE hours done to keep the certification. So much to do.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

I haven't been in a CVS much, not when it's busy, but we have to call them often and they much have a lot going on cause it takes a long time and their hold music makes me want to fall asleep. It's all lullabye-like and repetitious. We're just a little short staffed right now, trying to hire another, but the problem comes in when the one who doesn't work much decides to call out. We need everyone to do their shifts as we don't have backup or extra.
    Of course, one person calling off all the time screws up the whole team. :/ CVS is weird as fark. Last time I went to get something I was waiting for them to fill the RX, standing right there, for maybe 3 minutes. Pharmacy chick looks right at me and goes on the loud speaker saying "Hammy Hobbes your prescription is ready." Not sure if they were trolling me, I'm standing right here and you just spoke to me 3 minutes ago!
    Lifted the last two days. Squats went really well despite being so tired all day. Bench was not so great, mostly the slingshot as I tried a third rep and failed. Turns out between having the slingshot and my belt on, really difficult to roll of shame it. Someone came and helped me instead. Then I tried a second set (after resting) and right elbow was just "nope" but had a guy spot me for that one after another also offered to spot. Most help I've had on bench at the gym ever.
    Lots of slingshot users over here! I bench in a rack but I always wondered what would happen if I failed a rep and tried to slip my hands out of the way, would they just go BOING straight up? Lol Hard workouts where you struggle a bit are the most valuable of them all though. You need about 10 of those and then you get one "busting PRs EVERYWHERE" workout. It's gym law, srs.
    Current PRs:

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lots of slingshot users over here! I bench in a rack but I always wondered what would happen if I failed a rep and tried to slip my hands out of the way, would they just go BOING straight up? Lol Hard workouts where you struggle a bit are the most valuable of them all though. You need about 10 of those and then you get one "busting PRs EVERYWHERE" workout. It's gym law, srs.
    The way I see it, hard workouts mean you're pushing yourself, which iswhat you're supposed to do to get better. If every workout felt easy, you would be undertraining.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Of course, one person calling off all the time screws up the whole team. :/ CVS is weird as fark. Last time I went to get something I was waiting for them to fill the RX, standing right there, for maybe 3 minutes. Pharmacy chick looks right at me and goes on the loud speaker saying "Hammy Hobbes your prescription is ready." Not sure if they were trolling me, I'm standing right here and you just spoke to me 3 minutes ago!

Very much whenever call outs it messes with everyone. I once filled in at another store after my shift (so around 12 hours total) and when I was leaving after pharmacy closed the one at the cash register was a manager cause not only was pharmacy short staffed but so was the floor. And it seems like certain ones call out far too often. I've worked a Saturday with just me and the pharmacist before because this particular tech called out that time too.

That one at CVS might have been just messing. lol. Honestly, we had a cashier that I trained in photo (he eventually became a shift lead after I moved to LA so before me... anyways) who would do sort of similar to the shift leads at the time. He would wait till there were nearby, stare right at them then announce what he needed over the intercomm (change, etc). He had fun.

Literally no sling shot users in the gym that I have seen. And I can say a fail on slingshot does not bounce back up. I could have roll of shamed it with the sling shot, the problem was also wearing the belt. I use it some times now at meets cause I can so on occasion train with it but might keep it off since it's rare for me to get help when benching.

The way I see it, hard workouts mean you're pushing yourself, which is what you're supposed to do to get better. If every workout felt easy, you would be undertraining.
    True. And I have some good ones during the same week. Part of it is more just being all around tired right now and struggling between work, not quite getting my deficit and trying to train heavy. Today went well even though it's lower weights but included push press. Went from nearly surprised when I could get one rep of 95 to now doing 3 to 4 reps a set with the weight. So bench wasn't great but that's okay. Saturday is max deadlift so we'll see how that goes. It's also my last work day in a row. I'm on 12/14 right now so Sunday will finally be my day off. Yes counting it down.

So tired. Living on cold brews in the morning. This morning on the commute I was in my car at a light, almost to work, and I had a random moment where I just wanted to fall asleep right then and there. I have been sleeping okay too. Just all around tired.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Wow, I am way behind in posting the lifts. Like the last time I have listed was from over a week ago.

2-17-19 Max Effort Floor Press
    floor press 1x8 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75, 1x5 @ 85, 2x3 @ 95
    glute bridge 1x8 @ 65, 1x8 @ 75, 1x8 @ 85, 2x8 @ 95
    tri push down 3x10 @ 100
    bicep curl 3x8 @ 70
    lat pull down 3x6 @ 100

2-19-19 Lower Dynamic
    overhead squat 2x6 @ 54, 2x5 @ 65
    bottom up squat 1x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 1x8 @ 85, 1x8 @ 95
    sumo/conv deadlift 2x6 @ 135, 2x6 @ 155, 2x6 @ 175

Skipped upper dynamic due to head and ear ache, still had headache when I went to bed at 9:30 pm.

2-24-29 Max Effort Squat
    squat 1x8 @ 95, 1x8 @ 115, 1x6 @ 135, sleeves 1x6 @ 155, belt 1x5 @ 175, 1x4 @ 195, 1x3 @ 205, 2x1 @ 225
    overload 30 count @ 265 with belt and sleeves
    good morning 3x8 @ 165 with belt and sleeves
    deadlift 1x8 @ 135, 1x6 @ 165, belt 1x6 @ 195, 2x6 @ 225
    cardio walk on treadmill for 20 min

2-25-29 Max Effort Bench
    bench 1x8 @ 65, 1x8 @ 75, 1x8 @ 85, 1x6 @ 95, belt 1x3 @ 105, 2x2 @ 109
    slingshot 1x6 @ 115, 1x4 @ 125, 1x2 @ 135 failed attempt at 3rd rep, tried another set but had spotter help so didn't get it up
    cardio walking on treadmill

2-28-19 Dynamic Effort Mixed
    push press 1x8 @ 45, 1x6 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75, belt 1x6 @ 85, 1x3 and 1x4 @ 95
    front squat 1x8 @ 45, straps 1x6 @ 65, 1x6 @ 85, belt 2x6 @ 95, 1x5 @ 115
    snatch 2x6 @ 45, 1x6 @ 55
    clean 1x6 @ 65, 2x6 @ 75
    sld/row 3x5 @ 95
    cardio 20 minutes walking

3-2-19 Max Effort Deadlift
    deadlift 1x8 @ 135, 1x8 @ 155, 1x7 @ 185, belt 1x6 @ 225, chalk 1x4 @ 245, 1x3 @ 265, 1x3 @ 275, 1x1 @ 285, 1x1 @ 289, 1x1 @ 295 (PR)
    pause squat 1x6 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115, 1x6 @ 135
    good morning 1x8 @ 95, 1x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135
    cardio walk on treadmill for 20 minutes

Day off tomorrow at long last. Then I'm working 7 days before getting a day off. So, yeah, just working all of the time with no end in sight to the 6 day work week schedule.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Enjoy your day off and congrats on the deadlift PR!
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Awesome job on the 295 DL PR!! 3 plate DL is calling your name!
    Current PRs:

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Enjoy the day off, you deserve the rest!
    And congrats on the deadlift PR!! That's the best kind of PR.

How are cold brews btw? I heard they taste different than regular black coffee, and most of the convenient store coffees have milk, so I've been considering them. I don't like black coffee, but recently found out I can drink it with sweetener, so maybe cold brew wouldn't be so bad.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

GDAMN almost 300 pound deadlift! Isn't that more than twice your body weight? That's freaking impressive. I remember that especially because the standards for sprinters are 2 x body weight, so I always really wanted that myself. Still do tbh.

I hope things get easier for you. I feel ya on not logging but I'm impressed you've done so much training. Looking very solid. I admire you for even testing 135. Bench maxes terrify me.
    --Hubert Humphrey

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whoop! Awesome job on the deadlift PR

300 is my next goal too.
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Enjoy your day off and congrats on the deadlift PR!
    Thanks!

Awesome job on the 295 DL PR!! 3 plate DL is calling your name!
    Can't wait to reach that marker of 3 plate DL.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post

How are cold brews btw? I heard they taste different than regular black coffee, and most of the convenient store coffees have milk, so I've been considering them. I don't like black coffee, but recently found out I can drink it with sweetener, so maybe cold brew wouldn't be so bad.
    Thank you. I like cold brew in general and have it on a regular basis. I can't do just plain coffee though should really try more so that I'm not wasting calories on drinks. I tend to get sweet cream coldbrew from Starbucks but the coldbrew with boba from supa coffee was fun.

GDAMN almost 300 pound deadlift! Isn't that more than twice your body weight? That's freaking impressive. I remember that especially because the standards for sprinters are 2 x body weight, so I always really wanted that myself. Still do tbh.

I hope things get easier for you. I feel ya on not logging but I'm impressed you've done so much training. Looking very solid. I admire you for even testing 135. Bench maxes terrify me.
    It was fun. Though it's barely 2x bw right now since haven't been strict on the cut yet so am still in the mid 140's. I didn't test 135 on bench though. I did slingshot which I've done a few times with 135 just tried an extra rep and failed on that one.

Whoop! Awesome job on the deadlift PR

300 is my next goal too.
    Whoop! hehe. Thanks! I can't wait to get 300 then 315.

Working still. This week I'm doing 7 days in a row but that's better than 14. My day off is Monday. I managed to get to the gym Tuesday and today, so that's good. Will lift on the weekend too. Rough day for food today, in that I didn't eat much for most of the day. So hungry. Also had really long commutes today. Took over an hour to get to work and over 1.5 to get to get to the gym from work.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Day off! Well, tomorrow but basically we're there since I clocked out hours ago. Was a longish day cause I was stuck cashiering all shift but at least we made it. Bathroom situation isn't better in fact we're having flooding issues. The male tech cleaned the one in pharmacy (only store I've been to where there is a separate one in pharmacy) and not long after he did that, it backed up again even though we didn't use it so the pipes are connected enough that trying to use the main one cause we're tired of going to Starbucks as they were supposed to be fixed in January, it caused issues. Getting ridiculous on that front.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in then work on my continued education stuff for my license. No work or gym. Need to post the past few sessions. Few PRs in the mix, which has been nice since some of the other lifts are struggling.

The lifting sessions:

3-5-19 mix of max upper and dynamic lower
    incline bench 1x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 1x7 @ 75, 1x5 @ 85, 2x3 @ 95
    overhead squat 1x6 @ 45, 1x6 @ 55, 3x5 @ 65
    good morning 3x8 @ 135
    sumo/conv deadlift 2x8 @ 135, 2x6 @ 165, belt 2x6 @ 185
    cardio - 20 minute walk treadmill

3-7-19 upper dynamic
    push press 1x8 @ 45, 1x6 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75, 1x6 @ 85, belt 1x4 @ 95, 1x3 @ 97, 1x3 @ 99 (PR) tiny but so close to 100
    snatch 2x6 @ 45, 1x5 @ 55, 1x5 @ 57
    clean 1x6 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75, 2x5 @ 85
    pendlay row 3x6 @ 85 - no straps as they were in bag at home

3-9-19 max effort good morning/block pulls
    pause squat 1x6 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115, 1x6 @ 135, 1x6 @ 145
    good morning 1x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135, 1x8 @ 155, belt 1x8 @ 185, 1x6 @ 205, 1x4 @ 215, 2x3 @ 225 (PR) filmed one set
    block pull 1x8 @ 135, 1x6 @ 185, belt 1x6 @ 225, chalk 1x5 @ 255, 1x3 @ 275, 1x2 @ 285, 1x2 @ 295, 1x1 @ 305 (PR)
    Boom!

3-10-19 max effort floor press
    floor press 1x8 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75, 1x5 @ 85, 2x4 @ 95
    hip bridge 1x8 @ 75, 1x8 @ 85, 2x8 @ 95
    hip thrust 1x8 @ 95 - since I had the pad and the tire was free I did one set just cause
    incline bench 2x8 @ 65, 2x6 @ 75
    skipped other accessories as was tired and wanted to get home

Now for some sleep.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thank you. I like cold brew in general and have it on a regular basis. I can't do just plain coffee though should really try more so that I'm not wasting calories on drinks. I tend to get sweet cream coldbrew from Starbucks but the coldbrew with boba from supa coffee was fun.
    I make my own cold brew, it is less bitter and much stronger, generally, than hot brew iced coffee. As for calories: heavy cream is really only like 40 cal/tiny packet so it's not so bad if you keep track of it. I've also taken to using Monkfruit sweetener, which is calorie-free and natural. It's not quite as sweet but I add quite a bit of it because zero-cal and it makes a good compromise.

I make my own cold brew, it is less bitter and much stronger, generally, than hot brew iced coffee. As for calories: heavy cream is really only like 40 cal/tiny packet so it's not so bad if you keep track of it. I've also taken to using Monkfruit sweetener, which is calorie-free and natural. It's not quite as sweet but I add quite a bit of it because zero-cal and it makes a good compromise.
    I've heard it has more caffeine compared to drip brewed coffee. Sister is making it but the first batch tasted very much like it was Folgers and unlike what the company wants to think, not the best thing in your cup. Not bad but not great. I prefer the flavored creamers at home for coffee and always use zero calorie sweeteners. At Starbucks I get the sweet cream cold brew but have been getting the sugar free syrup instead of the regular vanilla syrup to help cut down on calories. Though it varies depending on the barista as to how much of the sweet cream gets used since it could be a little splash or more at any given moment. The other coffee place that's trying to be trendy and cool is fun cause they have boba. Does add a little bit in calories though but the drinks have been my breakfast and incentive with the 6 days a week work schedule I'm on until who knows when.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oooh coffee talk! Cold brew is less bitter, but I am not sure about the caffeine, does it get burnt out while brewing? I do know lighter roasts have more caffeine, hence the punch that white coffee packs. A lot of folks think dark roasts are stronger, but its not true. It gets roasted out lol. So I guess the same goes for cold brew- less heat more buzz? And I have never found a fake sweetener that I like. Either I use real stuff or just forgo it

I will try to keep up in here! Looks like a fun journal!
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll have to look into that, I like the sound of stronger coffee.
    I've heard it has more caffeine compared to drip brewed coffee. Sister is making it but the first batch tasted very much like it was Folgers and unlike what the company wants to think, not the best thing in your cup. Not bad but not great. I prefer the flavored creamers at home for coffee and always use zero calorie sweeteners. At Starbucks I get the sweet cream cold brew but have been getting the sugar free syrup instead of the regular vanilla syrup to help cut down on calories. Though it varies depending on the barista as to how much of the sweet cream gets used since it could be a little splash or more at any given moment. The other coffee place that's trying to be trendy and cool is fun cause they have boba. Does add a little bit in calories though but the drinks have been my breakfast and incentive with the 6 days a week work schedule I'm on until who knows when.
    Lol! No, it's not, but it's all I've got to work with, lol.
    Well, had. With my coffee maker being out of business, and me being too broke to afford another, I've been favoring tea lately.

Jeez I remember you talking about the work bathroom issue a lonnnnng time ago, that's STILL not fixed?! I would be horribly uncomfortable the whole time. I would probably fail miserably working at a toll booth. If you want to get to that little building on the side quickly you have to dodge a bunch of cars.
    Current PRs:

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    oooh coffee talk! Cold brew is less bitter, but I am not sure about the caffeine, does it get burnt out while brewing? I do know lighter roasts have more caffeine, hence the punch that white coffee packs. A lot of folks think dark roasts are stronger, but its not true. It gets roasted out lol. So I guess the same goes for cold brew- less heat more buzz? And I have never found a fake sweetener that I like. Either I use real stuff or just forgo it

I will try to keep up in here! Looks like a fun journal!
    Thanks! I'm not sure on the coffee though maybe that affects the flavor since it's not brewed with heat. Instead it steeps for I don't even know how long they take to make a batch. I have heard that about the lighter roasts versus the dark ones. I just use whatever fake sweeteners are available and got used to the taste as I get enough calories elsewhere.

I'll have to look into that, I like the sound of stronger coffee.

Lol! No, it's not, but it's all I've got to work with, lol.
    Well, had. With my coffee maker being out of business, and me being too broke to afford another, I've been favoring tea lately.
    I'm pickier when it comes to tea. Don't care for any sugar or sweetener and not big into fruity flavors. Tend to like mint/spearmint types and that's about it for tea. We only have the cheap coffees too so it's whatever we got she uses to make the coffee.

Jeez I remember you talking about the work bathroom issue a lonnnnng time ago, that's STILL not fixed?! I would be horribly uncomfortable the whole time. I would probably fail miserably working at a toll booth. If you want to get to that little building on the side quickly you have to dodge a bunch of cars.
    Yep and it's still broken. Corporate and the city had to get involved. Finally we saw some progress in that work is actually happening in the alley so maybe in a few months they will get it all done. People use the ones in the store but we've had a few backups because of it since there is a busted pipe.

Well... I didn't go to the gym, not since Sunday. I skipped Tuesday and planned to put the upper and lower days together. Then work happened. Wednesday instead of getting to sleep in, I had a phone call wake me up. It was another manager, one I used to work with in Hollywood before I became a tech. He runs the other location in Beverly and asked if I could come help them. Since I was scheduled close at my store I could only help them for a couple of hours. So, I worked 10am-12:20 then drove over and did my scheduled 1-9 pm shift. Yesterday I had 9:30 am shift at my store and the other one texted one of our techs cause they had another call out. So, I went over there after my shift and worked until close. Pretty much a 9:30-9:00 day.

On the plus side, we had a pot luck at work today so got pizza and cake, which was delicious. I was also voted as one of two at the store for employee of the month for February. It wasn't just those in pharmacy either, many on the floor also voted for me. And... and... Tomorrow is my day off. I can't do another 7 day work week since we get in trouble for those so I won't have to go in anywhere. Can sleep in, go to writing group then gym for squat max effort session. Then the following week I'm only scheduled 4 days. Long as I don't get called in anywhere I can use up two PTO days too since I'm maxed out currently. I need a real vacation though. Some day.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Pizza, cake, and Employee of the Month - HELL YEAH!! Glad you're finally getting a day off, but yes you certainly do need a proper vacation!
    Current PRs:

I'm pickier when it comes to tea. Don't care for any sugar or sweetener and not big into fruity flavors. Tend to like mint/spearmint types and that's about it for tea. We only have the cheap coffees too so it's whatever we got she uses to make the coffee.
    I had black tea a couple times when I was younger, and when I recently started trying more teas, I leaned towards the fruitier/berry kinds. Last time we stayed at the Turning Stone though, the "non-dairy" creamers all had milk in them, so I said screw it knowing I drank black tea before. I remembered how much I liked it and now I have a stash of it.
    Just tried adding almond milk today since I can't use it for coffee, and need to use it somehow, and it was really good. It's just nice to have a warm beverage to enjoy in the mornings as a pick me up, or just when winding down, drawing/painting, journaling, reading, etc.

I still have a bunch of TAZO chamomile tea I have a hard time drinking, because it's too minty. >.<

Yep and it's still broken. Corporate and the city had to get involved. Finally we saw some progress in that work is actually happening in the alley so maybe in a few months they will get it all done. People use the ones in the store but we've had a few backups because of it since there is a busted pipe.
    Jfc, that's nuts the city had to get involve over it. At least it's getting solved though.

On the plus side, we had a pot luck at work today so got pizza and cake, which was delicious. I was also voted as one of two at the store for employee of the month for February. It wasn't just those in pharmacy either, many on the floor also voted for me. And... and... Tomorrow is my day off. I can't do another 7 day work week since we get in trouble for those so I won't have to go in anywhere. Can sleep in, go to writing group then gym for squat max effort session. Then the following week I'm only scheduled 4 days. Long as I don't get called in anywhere I can use up two PTO days too since I'm maxed out currently. I need a real vacation though. Some day.
    Yay for pot luck, food, and Employee of the Month. It's clear just from here that you deserve it, I'd vote for you too.

Enjoy your day off, get at those squats. Hopefully you can get some extended time off soon, and get a real break.

Maybe try a french press or pour over from Amazon? That way... no electronics to break. Plus, cheap!

Thanks! I'm not sure on the coffee though maybe that affects the flavor since it's not brewed with heat. Instead it steeps for I don't even know how long they take to make a batch. I have heard that about the lighter roasts versus the dark ones. I just use whatever fake sweeteners are available and got used to the taste as I get enough calories elsewhere.

Well... I didn't go to the gym, not since Sunday. I skipped Tuesday and planned to put the upper and lower days together. Then work happened. Wednesday instead of getting to sleep in, I had a phone call wake me up. It was another manager, one I used to work with in Hollywood before I became a tech. He runs the other location in Beverly and asked if I could come help them. Since I was scheduled close at my store I could only help them for a couple of hours. So, I worked 10am-12:20 then drove over and did my scheduled 1-9 pm shift. Yesterday I had 9:30 am shift at my store and the other one texted one of our techs cause they had another call out. So, I went over there after my shift and worked until close. Pretty much a 9:30-9:00 day.

Congrats on employee of the month! Glad to see they appreciate you working yourself to the bone up there.

Will reply to comments and ramble about work next. First, catch up on lifting sessions though I skipped a few days due to work and such.

Max Effort Squat 3-16-19

squat 1x8 @ 95, 1x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135, 1x6 @ 155, belt/sleeves 1x5 @ 175, 1x5 @ 195, 1x3 @ 205, 1x2 @ 215, 1x1 @ 225
    overload with belt/sleeves 275 for 20 count
    good morning with belt/sleeves 3x6 @ 175
    deadlift 1x8 @ 135, 1x6 @ 165, belt 1x6 @ 185, 1x5 @ 225, 1x5 @ 235
    Was only day off for the week, tad hungry and such but did okay considering. Also was earlier in the day after writing group since didn't have to do the session after work.

Max Upper Bench 3-17-19

bench 1x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 1x8 @ 85, 1x6 @ 95, belt 1x4 @ 105, 2x1 @ 115
    sling shot 1x5 @ 115, 1x3 @ 125 not belt this time
    tri pushdown 3x8 @ 100
    bicep curl 3x8 @ 70
    cardio - 20 minutes walk on treadmill.
    Should started bugging me about a week ago and this session it was a little iffy so didn't go too hard but it only ached a little on bench.

3-20-19
    Was going to do lower dynamic but the racks were all taken and all three had just gotten there, two were sets of two people. It was after work and I was tired so didn't wait. I tried using the hack squat but the one at the gym doesn't work well for me, or at least I couldn't figure it out. Tried a set without weights and it was a struggle to get the safety off. Did the set but then couldn't get the safety back to be able to move out and add weights. Even out of it couldn't figure out how to get it back so just went up and did 30 minutes walking on treadmill.

Dynamic mixed 3-21-19

push press 1x6 @ 45, 2x6 @ 65
    overhead squat 1x6 @ 45, 2x5 @ 65
    snatch 1x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 55, 1x5 @ 57, 1x4 @ 59
    clean 1x6 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75, 1x4 @ 85 (right hand ached a little)
    deadlift (sumo/conv) 2x6 @ 135, 2x6 @ 165, belt 2x6 @ 185, 2x4 @ 195
    cardio - 20 minute walk on treadmill
    Shoulder achy still, not sure what is going on with it. Though hurts just as much driving, working or brushing hair back from my face so lifting doesn't seem to make it worse, just probably doesn't help either. Not sure what I did as it started aching last week but I'd skipped the lifting sessions since I worked at more than one store two days in a row.

Lifting is going okay considering. I do feel a little better now that the lifts are back up for the most part after the lacking that happened over winter. Some are even a little higher with the recent PRs on the ones like deadlift and push press. Bench isn't great but nice to have it back to 115 and maybe some day it will increase. Squat is up to the 1rm so we'll see what comes next on that one too. Just need to keep lifting and not miss too many sessions.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador