Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1729
    Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I lift in Sabos for squat and bench. They're olympic style shoes w/ a wooden sole.

For deadlifts, I wear slippers.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ayyy, a meet! June 30th is pretty soon. What do you do to peak for it? I don't know a lot about how powerlifters taper or whatever it is you do.

I'd say you can skip rows if you're going to do an HOUR on the treadmill. That's always been tough even for me. It's just a really long time.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Also, for whoever happens to read this: Anyone have tips on finding shoes for powerlifting? My lifting shoes were just ones I got from the Nike factory store that were not padded so had a minimal lift to them but they were stolen. So, I need new shoes but can't figure out what to get and sizing when looking online. I did measure my feet and it's about 9 inches from heel to tip of big toe (yeah, being 4'11" means my feet are smallish). I tend to wear around a 7 in women's shoes but that can vary. Not all that into vans though I've seen them mentioned a number of times and as nice as adipower types are, I can't spend over 100 on shoes. The struggle is real.
    For flat shoes, barefoot is cheap af.
    But seriously, I just look for anything flat that isn't super cushioned/memory foam, I've used my feet, vans, and a $12 pair from Walmart called "Faded Glory." Those are currently fading on my feet, but for the price they lasted a year so far, and would have survived better and longer had I not started wearing them as general sneakers. They run really small though, I'm a 9-10 and these are a damn 7.

I was looking at heeled squat shoes, and found some Adidas ones for relatively cheap on amazon. If you need that sort of thing too, not sure of sizes.

For shopping online, just get your proper foot measurement from a shoe store, then use that to buy online (and find sites with good exchange policies just in case).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, for whoever happens to read this: Anyone have tips on finding shoes for powerlifting? My lifting shoes were just ones I got from the Nike factory store that were not padded so had a minimal lift to them but they were stolen. So, I need new shoes but can't figure out what to get and sizing when looking online. I did measure my feet and it's about 9 inches from heel to tip of big toe (yeah, being 4'11" means my feet are smallish). I tend to wear around a 7 in women's shoes but that can vary. Not all that into vans though I've seen them mentioned a number of times and as nice as adipower types are, I can't spend over 100 on shoes. The struggle is real.
    I just have really flat New Balance "lifestyle" skater shoes, got em for like $20 but they've been awesome for years. I would think somewhere like a Dick's Sporting Goods would have actual lifting shoes. You could try them on there and I'm sure find a better price online. I shamelessly go to the store to try stuff on all the time and buy it online way cheaper.
    Also random money rant... OMG. So haven't gotten new license yet but got something from DMV. My license and registration (also stolen from car) is due to be renewed by the beginning of July. Decent timing except for the fact, it costs 380$ for one year. #$&% Cali is expensive and I've never paid for my own before though at least in Oregon the license/registration was good for more than a single year. Good thing I worked 5 days this week instead of the initial 2 scheduled. Need to work and maybe try and get overtime just to pay for this thing. Blah.
    Holy chit, why is it so much?!

So, I signed up for the meet. Once the payment goes through from pay pal, it will be official. Meet is June 30th at Barbell Brigade. Have another potential to save up for in August that isn't even open for entries yet but will involve travel close to where some of my family live. For now, one meet at a time. Have to plan out the peak cycle, which should start in the beginning of June if I do the 4 week one again.
    Awesome! I remember you saying the other one sold out, glad you're getting in another one.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    I'd say you can skip rows if you're going to do an HOUR on the treadmill. That's always been tough even for me. It's just a really long time.
    Nooooo, never skip rows!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)

Replies and Shoes

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    I lift in Sabos for squat and bench. They're olympic style shoes w/ a wooden sole.

For deadlifts, I wear slippers.
    The Sabos were one option I looked at when searching. How is their sizing? The deadlift slippers are quite reasonable price wise and might be a good options. Plus I already am deadlifting in just my knee-hi socks already.

Ayyy, a meet! June 30th is pretty soon. What do you do to peak for it? I don't know a lot about how powerlifters taper or whatever it is you do.

Yay meet! It depends on the program and how long they span. I don't have the one I used for my first lifting meet but it was I think 8 weeks long and built up before having a break before the meet. It is also where I got the overload/walkout from and still use even though I don't have the scheme of increasing that it used. Last meet I had been following sections of Sheiko from an excel sheet I found online. This is a 4 week one where middle of week 1 it's a max test at 100-105% then the other sessions are set more at 85 down to 70% with the last week just having a couple days lifting then couple days off right before the meet.

Treadmill was just walking, not running or intervals. Tried listening to audio book but it's kinda boring so for the last 20 listened to music instead.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    I just have really flat New Balance "lifestyle" skater shoes, got em for like $20 but they've been awesome for years. I would think somewhere like a Dick's Sporting Goods would have actual lifting shoes. You could try them on there and I'm sure find a better price online. I shamelessly go to the store to try stuff on all the time and buy it online way cheaper.

Holy chit, why is it so much?!

Awesome! I remember you saying the other one sold out, glad you're getting in another one.

Nooooo, never skip rows!
    1. True, I could check out sports stores if I want to go place, though just got texted about working 6 days this next week.
    2. Why it's so high: it's California.
    3. Yep, the one near my home had sold out. So, glad to get this one and it's near enough as I've actually lifted in the gym one time before when I visited before moving down here.
    4. If it makes you feel better, I added db rows back on Thursday. I'm struggling with the barbell rows cause it's not improving at all. and at the end of the push press and oly lifts my arms are tired.

Have other things to ramble about but first, need to finish a couple of newsletters that are due.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I lift in Vibrams. They basically mimic being barefoot but without the "ick" factor. They're not really cheap but they have lasted me a bazilion years (well, closer to 8, but still....) The only draw back is HOW. MANY. DAMN. PEOPLE. WANT. TO. ASK. YOU. ABOUT. THEM. Seriously, every 3-4 gym days someone taps my shoulder, makes me take off my headphones, and asks how I like my Vibrams.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The sizing on Sabo's is good if you have wide feet. I do, and the 39 fit me well. I'm a 9.5 in women's shoes.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Dots=429.01

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    4. If it makes you feel better, I added db rows back on Thursday. I'm struggling with the barbell rows cause it's not improving at all. and at the end of the push press and oly lifts my arms are tired.
    Yes, this does make me feel better, srs. Do you have a vid of your bb rows? Hmmm, gotta bend at about a 45 degree angle so you're not turning it into an upright row accidentally, or lower the wt, or used straps.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honesty, I don't know what to look for. My last shoes were cross trainers of some type but ones that didn't have lift to them or anything. I know a lot of the squat based shoes have the heel, but then you need something else for deadlifts. Not sure why I thought cans, or the different between them and converse. I could maybe find a pair of converse in an actual store to try on but not sure on lifting in them really versus a gym/training based type of shoe, though I know many do use them.
    I wear converse for all my lifts. For squats I don't need a heel since I have pretty good ankle mobility. I have 3 pairs of converses (I'm pretty sure they're like some sort of derivatives of the chuck taylor type which is what everyone talks about) and just rotate through them. I think nordstrom rack sometimes have them on sale (still like ~$45/pair these days). So, if you don't need fancy heeled shoes for your squats, converse is a pretty easy and cheap solution for flat shoes.
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174268291

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Will respond soon but for now, need to update on lifting. Had put off bench day a couple nights cause work and headaches but made it last night. Today, after work was deadlifts, always a good day. 115 was rough but survived for bench. On Monday I'll be getting back to actually following Sheiko, as I prepare for the peak cycle, which will start Jne 3/4.

Bench - 5/11/18
    bench - 1x5 @ 65, 1x4 @ 75, 2x3 @ 85, 2x2 @ 95, 3x1 @ 115, 2x2 @ 95
    close grip pause bench - 1x8 @ 65, 1x6 @ 75
    cardio - 45 minutes on the treadmill

Deadlift - 5/12/18
    deadlift - 1x4 # 135, 1x4 @ 165, belt 2x3 @ 195, 2x3 @ 225, chalk 4x2 @ 255
    overhead squat - 1x8 @ 45, 2x6 @ 65, belt 1x6 @ 75
    front squat - 1x8 @ 65, 2x6 @ 85, 1x6 @ 95
    good morning - 3x6 @ 145
    cardio - 30 minutes on treadmill.

Got video of the front squat this time and will post it on instagram.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Replies

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    I lift in Vibrams. They basically mimic being barefoot but without the "ick" factor. They're not really cheap but they have lasted me a bazilion years (well, closer to 8, but still....) The only draw back is HOW. MANY. DAMN. PEOPLE. WANT. TO. ASK. YOU. ABOUT. THEM. Seriously, every 3-4 gym days someone taps my shoulder, makes me take off my headphones, and asks how I like my Vibrams.
    Yeah, those aren't seen as often in the gym though I'd never go up to someone to talk about them let alone tap them on the shoulder. That would be annoying. Never interested me to have a pair either. Then again I don't have an ick factor for just being in socks. I used to walk around the art department in college in just socks though had to make sure not to have white ones cause we often used charcoal in drawing class and that stuff is mess at times.

The sizing on Sabo's is good if you have wide feet. I do, and the 39 fit me well. I'm a 9.5 in women's shoes.
    Feet aren't wide, calves might be a little for my shoe size but not relevant in gym shoe issues. I usually wear a 7 in women's though on occasion wear up to an 8 but they tend to be big on me. I have had a pair of slipper boots that were a 5/6.

Yes, this does make me feel better, srs. Do you have a vid of your bb rows? Hmmm, gotta bend at about a 45 degree angle so you're not turning it into an upright row accidentally, or lower the wt, or used straps.
    I did rows today (pendlay, though also a couple rdl/row sets) and even put video up on instagram though the lighting isn't the best. I definitely bend over, so no risk of it being an upright row. Using straps but still by rep 4 my arms start hating it. Maybe if I stay in the 2-3 reps per set range....

Originally Posted by jessswooo View Post
    I wear converse for all my lifts. For squats I don't need a heel since I have pretty good ankle mobility. I have 3 pairs of converses (I'm pretty sure they're like some sort of derivatives of the chuck taylor type which is what everyone talks about) and just rotate through them. I think nordstrom rack sometimes have them on sale (still like ~$45/pair these days). So, if you don't need fancy heeled shoes for your squats, converse is a pretty easy and cheap solution for flat shoes.
    I'm still not sure on converse but it might have to be my route since I can't afford most fo the squat shoes. But am going to get deadlift slippers cause those aren't expensive. Will see after pay day what I put my money towards.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the IG post of your front squats, I never understood what people meant when they say they use straps for that. Now I want a set (I use versa grips for my pull work, but those wouldn't work in for squats).

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Converse - I just heard a little tip - shopgoodwill.com heard they often have chucks for $10 (and then you have to see what the S&H is like but still)

I looked for my size and didn't find any, but that doesn't mean they won't have yours
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm always so impressed by your good mornings! insane!
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

Thanks for the IG post of your front squats, I never understood what people meant when they say they use straps for that. Now I want a set (I use versa grips for my pull work, but those wouldn't work in for squats).
    No problem. Glad it can be of help. I remember seeing in a couple of journals some talks about front squats and struggles with the position. The straps have helped me as it's far less painful for my hands this way.

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Converse - I just heard a little tip - shopgoodwill.com heard they often have chucks for $10 (and then you have to see what the S&H is like but still)

I looked for my size and didn't find any, but that doesn't mean they won't have yours
    Thanks for the tip. I might just use the nike free shoes that I have which don't have the bounce of a running shoe and I have squatted in before though not quite as good as the previous nike lifting shoes.

Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    Aww thanks. It feels like not much now and I'm slow to increase but enjoy them.

Yesteray's lifting including walk to gym and back:
    snatch - 2x6 @ 45, 2x5 @ 55
    clean - 1x6 @ 65, 2x5 @ 75, 1x3 @ 85 (left hand started to ache)
    push press 1x6 @ 65, 2x5 @ 75
    pendlay row/rdl row - 2x8 and 2x8 @ 75 (filmed pendlay row, one of the sets)
    cardio - 45 minutes on treadmill

Maybe next time I'll do rows first to see how it feels. I try to do push press first most of the time but on occasion switch it up. Though we'll see if I keep doing these lifts as they aren't part of the program leading up to the meet but an extra lifting day couldn't hurt too much... I hope.

Today, jumped into week 2 of 31 from sheiko to get used to it before doing the peak cycle. Had call from work so ended up ditching the last two accessories plus leg press was taken and impossible to find the dumbbells I needed.

bench - 1x5 @ 65, 1x4 @ 75, 2x3 @ 85, 2x2 @ 95, 3x1 @ 115 (so heavy)
    squat - 1x5 @ 115, 1x4 @ 135, 2x3 @ 155, belt 5x2 @ 185
    good morning - 5x5 @ 145
    bench - 1x5 @ 65, 1x5 @ 85, 4x5 @ 95
    Then left instead of treadmill. Did walk to gym and back home.

And despite it ending up as over time, I'm going to be working from 5 to 9 as the store near apartment doesn't have anyone to work close. At least I had 1 full day off this week (yesterday).

Also, might have an interesting decision to make in a month. If weight keeps progressing the way it is, I'll have to decide if I want to do a water cut or not. I could just let things be and not have to worry about the hassle of the water cut the week before weigh in. With the way weight is trending now I'm hoping to be about 128 in the next week. I'd be at around 125 mid-end of June if cut continues to follow current trend. So, it's either compete at bottom of weight class (132) or water cut and be at top of weight class (123). Will see where I'm at in 3-4 weeks and consider my options for the meet.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Just kidding. Don't have to work cause they found someone else and I didn't know the text had been from before I'd talked to them in the store. Yay for no work! Boo for allergies. I wanna nap.

2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Also, might have an interesting decision to make in a month. If weight keeps progressing the way it is, I'll have to decide if I want to do a water cut or not. I could just let things be and not have to worry about the hassle of the water cut the week before weigh in. With the way weight is trending now I'm hoping to be about 128 in the next week. I'd be at around 125 mid-end of June if cut continues to follow current trend. So, it's either compete at bottom of weight class (132) or water cut and be at top of weight class (123). Will see where I'm at in 3-4 weeks and consider my options for the meet.
    Good position to be in. Any idea who your competitors are in those classes and what they lifted last yr? Some of those women's wt classes get crazy, seems to be a really short person or two who's built like a tank and outlifting everyone but they weigh 130. I see that every time they do the misc lifting comps. 4'10" jacked AF badass destroys everyone.
    Current PRs:

Good position to be in. Any idea who your competitors are in those classes and what they lifted last yr? Some of those women's wt classes get crazy, seems to be a really short person or two who's built like a tank and outlifting everyone but they weigh 130. I see that every time they do the misc lifting comps. 4'10" jacked AF badass destroys everyone.
    Not sure. I've never looked into meets and who is competing. This one is at Barbell Brigade. My first meet went pretty well cause I came in at 130 (129.8 to be exact). Last meet, however, I was at 135 and not much competition in the 148 weight class. Not sure how I'll hold in 123 but if don't lose too much strength then might go better at least than the last one. Might have to do a little research.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

4'10" jacked AF badass destroys everyone.
    This is basically my mental image of F2F lol.

Not sure. I've never looked into meets and who is competing. This one is at Barbell Brigade. My first meet went pretty well cause I came in at 130 (129.8 to be exact). Last meet, however, I was at 135 and not much competition in the 148 weight class. Not sure how I'll hold in 123 but if don't lose too much strength then might go better at least than the last one. Might have to do a little research.
    123 seems so tiny but you'd probably destroy the competition in that class. When do you weigh in versus when you lift? Enough time to properly re-hydrate and carb up if you water cut?

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    123 seems so tiny but you'd probably destroy the competition in that class. When do you weigh in versus when you lift? Enough time to properly re-hydrate and carb up if you water cut?
    Yeah this is my question too! do you weigh in in the morning and then you can eat all day and lift haha
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bleurgh, water cut sounds unpleasant but it does seem like the way to be competitive (this is the part of BJJ I am least looking forward to so I empathize). I believe the rule of thumb is never to cut more than 10% of your bodyweight and then slam some Pedialyte after weigh ins. But yeah I feel like, if you could really wreck people at 123 and it seems like you can, why would you not....
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seconding this, my back can't handle chit for weight on GMs let alone full plate+
    Lol'd!

If a water cut isn't like, completely awful it sounds like a good idea from a competitive standpoint. Would this be your first time? I suppose it's hard to decide if you don't know how it'll affect you either. Also, is it more about hitting your own personal bests, or beating the other competitors (which is always fun too, but thought it'd be something to consider when it comes to how much it'd be worth giving it a go).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

IMO, you probably won't need to water cut if you only need to shave a couple of pounds. You could do that just by reducing carbs and drinking more protein shakes in the days before the meet.

Best Dots=429.01

*blushes*

I wish I was jacked. Though must add, I'm 4'11". Gained that extra inch way back freshman year of high school, then nothing after that point. lol

Plenty of time. Weigh in is the morning the day before lifting. All of the meets so far I've competed in have had day before weigh in. There is the option for evening the day before but nope. I request the day before and day of the meet off from work.

Yeah this is my question too! do you weigh in in the morning and then you can eat all day and lift haha
    Day before. Is the best cause can eat whatever I want after.

Bleurgh, water cut sounds unpleasant but it does seem like the way to be competitive (this is the part of BJJ I am least looking forward to so I empathize). I believe the rule of thumb is never to cut more than 10% of your bodyweight and then slam some Pedialyte after weigh ins. But yeah I feel like, if you could really wreck people at 123 and it seems like you can, why would you not....
    I've done them before but not intense cuts. Only drop 2-3 lbs but if that's all I need, might be an option. They really aren't bad, the water cuts, minus the middle when you've had a lot to drink for the past couple of days and need to pee often but still have to be at work where it's not convenient. The super high sodium first day is easy too cause pack of ramen and nearly set.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Seconding this, my back can't handle chit for weight on GMs let alone full plate+

Lol'd!

If a water cut isn't like, completely awful it sounds like a good idea from a competitive standpoint. Would this be your first time? I suppose it's hard to decide if you don't know how it'll affect you either. Also, is it more about hitting your own personal bests, or beating the other competitors (which is always fun too, but thought it'd be something to consider when it comes to how much it'd be worth giving it a go).
    I'm surprised my back handles pretty well with the arthritis and all. Though past couple days it has been achy. I've technically done water cuts for each meet though first was a baby water cut, just trying out some of the process so didn't deal with carb numbers or anything. Last meet I tried more full swing but was further above the desired class so didn't quite make to where I wanted.

IMO, you probably won't need to water cut if you only need to shave a couple of pounds. You could do that just by reducing carbs and drinking more protein shakes in the days before the meet.
    The protein shakes come in handy. I haven't done much with carb manipulation as I barely watch those numbers. We'll see where I'm at in a month.

And I had to skip the gym. Sick, working, and only eating about 1,000 calories a day right now. Not bad sick, just congestion nuisance but my hunger is nilch. It's taking me 3 days (as I have some leftover still for tomorrow) to eat the meal I brought from home on my lunch break and it was just a serving of the baja cod with some egg whites and brocc added. And now, after dealing with road side assistance cause messed up my tire parking near apartment, I'm going to go to bed as have to get tired changed before going to work. If it's not one thing, it's another.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Oh and forgot about the 123 weight class and it seeming small. True except where height is considered. If I'm at the top of that weight class I'm then at the top of the healthy weight for my height for the first time. Above that is technically considered overweight. So, was trying to get there eventually just was thinking if I compete in August or Fall, wasn't quite expecting it yet as I've never been that small thus far. Pesky height and low weight requirements.

Actually, at my first meet, when I was chatting with someone she guessed my weight class as 123 and I'd barely gotten my weight into 132 at that point, it was one of my lower weigh ins that month.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Rough week. Busy at work (yet hours were cut... so we weren't staffed how we needed and ended up working extra hours which negates the cutting of hours, yeah). I worked 11-9 yesterday and today stayed an extra 45 minutes. I've been sick with a minor cold that is mostly congestion/pressure in head and nausea, but with that and working all shift mostly at the register, haven't been to the gym since Monday. Also got stuck with trying to get random surveys done at work out of the group cause one pharmacist said I explained it well so head one put it on me to take care of it. So, I've been sick and having to spend all shift talking to customers. Plus we were swamped the last few days. Holiday weekend coming up for certain religious groups and who knows why else. On top of that, yesterday the head pharmacist had to leave to go to meeting so we had 1 pharmacist all day. At one point our number of prescriptions needing to be filled was around 100, often above 80. At times we get above 50 but usually not much more than that cause we have a tech or two more than other locations due to our general high volume. This week, however, was just crazy. Morning person stay for nearly 12 hours one day, so not just me staying over time. Just a long week and I got asked to work Monday so 3 day weekend became 2 day weekend.

On a more fun point. Stats in relation to meet.

My numbers from last meet: 220.5/121/281

Top for the meet last year
    123 weight class: 226/132.3/259
    132 weight class: 1 - 292.1/132.3/330.7
    2 - 253.5/132.3/330.7
    3 - 231.5/110.2/336.2
    4 - 226/115.7/314.2

Take it not many compete in the 123 class. Not sure who or how many people are competing this year in the different classes. Interesting to look at the results from last year though.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Finally made it to the gym though wasn't all that up for it. Went to the writing group in the morning for some coffee though didn't actually eat any food. Just coffee and a couple single serving things of creamer. Didn't help the nausea but don't always make the best decisions. Tried to do at least part of what was scheduled for Friday but didn't get it all how it's set. Oh well. Still did okay though squats were rough. So slow that came close to failing yet made it through the main working weight.

squat - 1x5 @ 115, 1x4 @ 135, 2x3 @ 155, belt 2x2 @ 185, 4x2 @ 195
    overhead squat - 1x6 @ 45, 3x6 @ 65
    incline bench - 4x8 @ 65
    tricep pushdown - 4x10 @ 70 with bar attachment
    back extension - 4x10 with a 10 lb plate

Walked to stores later in day trying to decide what I wanted to eat. Ended up with Subway though disgruntled by it all. 8 dollars is pricey for a foot long. I miss the 5 dollar sub days. Plus, when he asked if I wanted toasted I said no.. so he toasted it. le sigh And it's so many calories in the sandwiches. Many are like 1k calories for a sandwich. blah

Think I'll lie down a bit before trying to get some writing done.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

I hope you wound up getting some writing done. It's blah weather here, so definitely a nap kind of time; I took a 2.5-hour one yesterday and it was the best.

Subway sandwiches are overrated healthwise and also tastewise imho. Come visit me, I'll cook for you.
    --Hubert Humphrey

astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hope you get to feeling better soon! I’ve been having the same cold/allergy issues and it just makes everything so much harder. I’m so tired of being tired and sneezing! Great job getting to work in even when you’re not feeling your best!

I hope you wound up getting some writing done. It's blah weather here, so definitely a nap kind of time; I took a 2.5-hour one yesterday and it was the best.

Subway sandwiches are overrated healthwise and also tastewise imho. Come visit me, I'll cook for you.
    I wish I could say I did write but not really. Fixed a few sentences but that's about all I got done yesterday. Went to Whole Foods with sister as she was looking for something and I may have bought cookie dream edible cookie dough. Haven't opened it yet though.

Agree on the subway opinion. It's not that great in calories or taste but I needed something and there are 4 within walking distance of the apartment. And bread is easier when nauseated for some reason. Wish I could have you cook for me instead. Home cooked always better.

Originally Posted by astronut96 View Post
    Hope you get to feeling better soon! I’ve been having the same cold/allergy issues and it just makes everything so much harder. I’m so tired of being tired and sneezing! Great job getting to work in even when you’re not feeling your best!
    Thanks. It was quite the nuisance of a minor cold but hopefully it's going away.

Walked to the gym today. Did some of the deadlifts from Wednesday's schedule that I missed along with pendlay rows then some cardio but not much else. Still a little blah and had to rest between sets as head felt a little off. Now going to try and write plus start a newsletter that is due by Tuesday. I have to try and get to bed early as have to be at work at 8 am tomorrow, which means leaving before 7. Hope to get lifting schedule sorted as tomorrow is supposed to be squats and bench but lighter weights.

pendlay row - 1x8 @ 65, straps 1x6 @ 85, 2x3 @ 95, 1x1 barely at 115
    deadlift - 1x8 @ 135, belt 2x3 @ 185, 2x3 @ 215, 4x2 @ 235
    treadmill for 60 minutes
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador