Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
Results 1,711 to 1,729 of 1729
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Oooh this is good work news? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I've looked at stitchfix but I'm such a contrarian I knew I would automatically reject stuff just because I wasn't the one who picked it. It does seem like an interesting idea if you're more openminded.

How do corsets work with weight loss? Presumably you could just tie it more tightly, right? I presume this isn't waist training, which can harm your core strength.

On a side note re: weight loss, the unfortunate truth that I've learned is that weight lifting itself burns relatively few calories. Cardio, even walking, helps a lot. I imagine if you do work on your feet you're burning more calories that way as well?

Any box might be tough if you don't like the idea of someone picking things for you since they can be rather random. Since I'm terrible at shopping and tend to just look around and get nothing (really don't like clothes shopping) it kind of helps to have a small selection sent over to consider. The downside is if you pick none of them, you are out the 20$ styling fee, but if you pick something that 20 goes to the cost of the item. Definitely not something I want to do very often, why I picked the plan with them spread out the most instead of getting it every single month.

It's for style, the corset, so yeah not that waist training stuff. Over the past few years my measurements on the waist fluctuate but only a little. Since it's only a few inches either way, think it's okay now. It would have been harder if I had one from when I weighed like 180 versus now. And the sizing is a couple of inches smaller than your actual waist measurement, so figure if I lose some it'd be fine. Just got to tight those laces more. Though this is speculation as it's my first time owning a corset. I wore one of my roommates once but she moved away.

Karaoke was crazy but fun. We were out until 2 am. It was one of the places where you get your own room, couple of bottles and food. Though it judges you at the end of each song but something was broken with our room, every score was 00. Didn't matter if it was the store manager missing half the words on the eminem song or the pharmacist singing korean. We all got zeros. Half of the time the mikes weren't the focus as everyone would sings parts of the songs. Somehow I got handed the mike for a Selena song that i didn't pick and later had a whole new world even though the guy who did Disney last time didn't show up. One of the best ones, Bohemian Rhapsody. The quiet male tech was like "no" but I picked it anyways, not only did he go hard on the song but at one part he took out his pony tail to head bang. It was awesome.

Last night I went to T's apartment after work. We watched But I'm a Cheerleader because it was free on prime and she'd never seen it before, then we worked out a little in the apartment gym.

And news time:

I got promoted. The interview was a couple of weeks ago and the decision was made official recently, though boss let it slip a little before the official. I am now going to train as an assistant store manager. No more ill fitting scrubs and staying just in the one corner. Only place above getting placed as assistant manager is the full store manager. I do have to go to a different store to train but it's not far from my current one, which he told me about at karaoke. It's an exciting change and about time as I've worked hard for the company for 7 years. Now to spruce up my wardrobe and learn a few new things with the company.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On a side note re: weight loss, the unfortunate truth that I've learned is that weight lifting itself burns relatively few calories. Cardio, even walking, helps a lot. I imagine if you do work on your feet you're burning more calories that way as well?
    Got distracted in the other parts and forgot I had a comment for this one too. Yeah, that is the unfortunate truth. When I'm doing the counting on myfitnesspal, I put in my own thing for "lifting" in cardio but only count 3-5 calories. I don't really think of it as a way to get more calories for the day, though it has so many benefits including having something to consider besides the number on the scale. But yeah, for calories, cardio helps give a little push. I am trying to work mine up slowly so I don't have to go so low in calories as I'm tired of that. Might not ever weigh below 120 but oh well.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the promotion!!!! That's so amazing, brahette, seems like a lot has been falling into place for you lately. Promotion, new friend and social life expansion, and exploring more fashion and even drag, I think I saw on your IG. I'm happy for you.

I love But I'm a Cheerleader. It was one of my first exposures to lesbian culture. I wasn't out at the time but I was definitely fascinated by it, and I've seen it a bunch of times since. Definitely a cult classic. I wonder if Rachel has seen it, hmmmmm.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Congrats on the promotion!!!! That's so amazing, brahette, seems like a lot has been falling into place for you lately. Promotion, new friend and social life expansion, and exploring more fashion and even drag, I think I saw on your IG. I'm happy for you.

I love But I'm a Cheerleader. It was one of my first exposures to lesbian culture. I wasn't out at the time but I was definitely fascinated by it, and I've seen it a bunch of times since. Definitely a cult classic. I wonder if Rachel has seen it, hmmmmm.
    Thank you! I'm excited and nervous. Haven't had an official management position before and it's a different store. I've worked at it briefly once but not in a long time though I've talked to their pharmacy staff before when I picked up meds we needed for customers. There is a lot going on right now for sure and hopefully a little more to come in the near future. 2020 is becoming a big year.

I love But I'm a Cheerleader too. Used to watch it before I even really thought that much on orientation though I think my favorite is still In & Out. I had that movie on VHS and would watch it when I was a freshman in college. Kevin Kline and Tom Sellick, very entertaining.

Well, gym has stalled a little. I have a cold so it's just getting through work as I'm working tuesday-saturday, possibly sunday as another store is asking if I can work and am just waiting for the response if they need me still. Also have to call another store as they asked a tech to ask me to call them. It's my last week as a tech. I made it official today, accepting the offer for the job on the computer. Though the last day at my main store is a little anti-climatic, cause it's the one younger tech and a random pharmacist. Would have been nice to have a last day with some of the others but oh well. I'll see them around I'm sure since we're in the same district and the store isn't that far away.

Now to just get over this mild plague. It's just a head cold at least, nothing too horrible. Sore throat and some congestion but a nuisance when don't get a day off from work to sleep. Need to do that soon, sleep. zzz
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do gentle cardio when I'm sick and it seems to help me feel better. Just half an hour jog in my case. Might help.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

I do gentle cardio when I'm sick and it seems to help me feel better. Just half an hour jog in my case. Might help.
    That would be walking for me. Though after working for over 7 hours on my feet in retail, I don't feel like doing much. I'm getting better though and have a couple days off which will help. Might workout tomorrow after sleeping a long time.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    That would be walking for me. Though after working for over 7 hours on my feet in retail, I don't feel like doing much. I'm getting better though and have a couple days off which will help. Might workout tomorrow after sleeping a long time.
    There's something different about relaxed, sustained cardio and being on your feet for work for sure. Getting into a rhythm and getting your heart rate and breathing rate up is so good, and good for mood as well. Supplemental vitamin C and zinc are also proven to help recovery from colds.

Hope you're feeling better today.
    --Hubert Humphrey

There's something different about relaxed, sustained cardio and being on your feet for work for sure. Getting into a rhythm and getting your heart rate and breathing rate up is so good, and good for mood as well. Supplemental vitamin C and zinc are also proven to help recovery from colds.

Hope you're feeling better today.
    Yeah, just getting the energy to face the gym with all those other people is the rough hurdle after a long day. Should get some vitamin c and zinc for sure. It's not bad anymore and oddly this one didn't involve the usual end of coughing for a while. I haven't really coughed much at all. Now just have a little blah feeling, sore throat with tiny bit congestion and nausea. Hopefully once I am settled in the new position I can get back to a more consistent gym schedule too.

Start the new store Thursday but right now that is the only shift I know. However, most of the shifts will be 7am ones with one day being a close shift. It's a store that does close, not a 24 hour store and a smaller staff than the previous two so it should be a good starting store. Has some similarities to where I worked in Oregon so will be doing a lot of what I'm already familiar with doing while also training as there are a couple newbies on board at that location. Looking forward to it minus that I have to get up super early and have to dress more professional with a currently limited wardrobe.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Well, I now have 2 more shifts as a tech. Got a text yesterday morning asking if I could cover a couple of shifts over at Burbank and I agreed to one as I still wanted to not work yesterday. So, I'm working there today. And tomorrow is an unofficial last day at my main store since saturday had been my officially scheduled last day. The young 20-somthing year old tech had warned me she was considering calling out so she texted me about working tomorrow. She got one of the sr techs to switch shifts at least so I don't have to do the 8 am shift as I haven't done that at our location, though I've done the morning shift in the valley before. Downside is I'm working until 9 pm tomorrow then 7 am thursday.

I also found out yesterday one of the reasons I got the one store instead of going back to Vine (my old store) was not just that I'd been to the one before. The store manager requested to have a female because right now all of management at that location is male. There are a couple females working in other positions at the store, cos in particular, but it's a mostly male store at this point. Will be interesting.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Well, things have been interesting.

Work - First day was pretty simple and straightforward. Me and the other ASMT received then worked out truck (shipment of stufff). Day 2 was a little unexpected as I got to the location and the gate for the parking was locked. Ended up having to unlock everything myself a the manager didn't get there until 8 and I had to work at 7. So, my second day in the new position started with me being alone in the store for the first hour. We were pretty busy with Valentine stuff. Sold 3 of the same card within the time span of a few hours that had two little smores on the front of the card, it was cute. Then today was supposed to be my day off but went in for a few hours to do some of the computer training. A number of them are things I already know from when I worked on the floor before. A couple are new and management based. One was about bloodbourne pathogens that focused on pharmacists giving vaccines and minimizing risks, which was weird cause I'm not a pharmacist and don't give vaccines. I still have a few left but got a bunch done. No work tomorrow at least.

Valentines: Despite being tired I went out last night to an event from the meetup group. It was put together by QueerGirl at Boardner's, a club/bar over in Hollywood. For the group we had an area upstairs too. DJ's performed along with a few women gogo dancers and it was mostly women there. T ended up coming too though she hadn't been sure at first if she'd go out. I recognized a couple others from the singles event I went to in December too. Ended up having some guy nab me over by the bar to join his little group and introduced me to a few women he knew and we all took a shot of tequila. Then he ended up wandering off at some point and eventually got kicked out cause he was a little far gone. His friend, however, stayed and we spent most of the night together talking in both rooms while sort of bobbing and dancing to the music. At one point she asked if she could kiss me, which I thought was super cute. So we kissed a few times then went upstairs and talked more. She's younger and studying to be a CPA. At the end of the night I waited outside for her lyft ride to get there then drove home myself after getting her number. We might go out in the future.

It's a different experience for me not only going out but meeting women and having options .I haven't really dated in so long that it is a nice change. Good to spend a little time being open before finding someone to get more serious.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

WOW! Look at you going out to real bar events and picking up some ladies. I agree, it can be good to play the field a little. Being part of a queer community feels, in itself, quite rewarding as well.

How is it working with primarily men? Are you getting along with your new coworkers?
    --Hubert Humphrey

WOW! Look at you going out to real bar events and picking up some ladies. I agree, it can be good to play the field a little. Being part of a queer community feels, in itself, quite rewarding as well.

How is it working with primarily men? Are you getting along with your new coworkers?
    It is so crazy going out, doing things, meeting people. The new one, K, has texted too and we're thinking of finding some place in Little Tokyo to check out on Thursday.

Work is okay so far though I've only had a couple of shifts there. I worked like 4 hours yesterday but it was all in the extra room doing computer work. I went from having over 30 to do and got it down to 9. But I didn't interact much with the others. It's going to take me a while to really get to know the others though they seem receptive so far. We do have a female shift lead, which is the lower management position and she's helping a lot with cosmetics since the head of cos went on leave. The other asmt guy seems okay. We worked a lot together the first day though... he kinda needs either a longer shirt to wear under the vest (he's wearing t-shirts so not quite up to par on professionalism for fashion) or better pants cause I saw way too much crack when we were working on putting truck away. The store manager is nice and very on hand. He even texts when not in the store checking up on everything.

It's still a little weird when the training stuff recommends to have a manager take over cause now that role is me. Will take some time getting used to it all. Next week is a little unusual as I'm going to help out in pharmacy a few days. But it means the shifts aren't 7am so I get a little more sleep. That is going to be a hard adjustment when the schedule gets more set since I'll work mostly morning except the one close shift. I still have a lot to learn but I'm also glad to be back on the floor able to move around and do my thing.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Tiring week and it's only Tuesday. I have done some lifting so far. Sunday I didn't work so walked to the gym and did a little lifting. It wasn't much, just some squats and good mornings. Then, yesterday after work I went over to T's apartment and we worked out in the little apartment gym. I didn't go too hard but did a few things since equipment is limited. There I just did a few sets of dumbbell overhead press, goblet squat, dumbbell curls, romanian deadlift with ez curl bar, split squat and overhead press in smith machine. Spent a couple of hours over there, some of it in the gym and rest in her apartment.

Today I just had work and legs are a little sore. Our main manager wasn't there, morning cashier was an hour late and we got our shipment but for a bit I was stuck in photo dealing with passports. Oh and district manager stopped by for a visit. He talked a little with me as he was part of the influence in me getting promoted. According to him they are really going to look at how I work as a leader since I already know pharmacy and floor. No pressure or anything...

Have one more morning shift, then get a couple of days off. Thursday is Little Tokyo with K. Think we're going to check out a garden then find someplace to eat. Friday I'm going to Disney with my sister. Then we shift to an odd week where I help cover in pharmacy. For right now, sleepy and have work early tomorrow so time for bed.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Typing on phone while waiting for sister to get snacks at Porto’s before going to Disneyland.

Yesterday I walked to the gym. Didn’t do a lot, just bench, paused close grip bench, lay pull down and walked on treadmill for 20 minutes.

Was supposed to go out to Little Tokyo with K but she flaked. Never responded To my text from the day before about exactly where to meet. Hasn’t been in context. Tad disappointing but oh well.

Today we are going to Disneyland but won’t get there until after 3 pm so won’t do a whole lot. We will see how it goes. Want to try and find a certain pin for sister’s birthday without her knowing. Sneaky time.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the promotion!

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Congrats on the promotion!
    Thanks!

Still not quite used to the change. It's a little different for sure. Monday I was able to lift before work because I didn't need to be in until 2:45. Just did a little deadlift and tried clean/press but my ear had pressurized at the beginning and had that clogged feeling. Cleans made me a little dizzy so had to quit instead of doing more sets. I worked in pharmacy a couple days to help while a couple of the techs caught up on their computer training. Now I'm back to just working on the floor but the schedule isn't set yet. Have some mid-day shifts for now but future will be mostly morning. Me and the other ASM guy agreed to take turns on weekends so will get it off every other weekend, however when I do work weekends Sunday morning is a 6 am one. That's gonna be rough.

Tomorrow we get our freight and it's first time with the switch from twice a week to just once a week. Going to be busy moving around the store handling totes full of stuff. Hopefully we get hand sanitizer in and maybe some masks cause we're out and people keep asking for them.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Quick update because so exhausted.

Haven't gone to the gym much. At first it was laziness and putting it off. Now it's just super busy and tired. Work is insane. Just so crazy with the chaos going on due to the virus situation. We aren't quarantined and the store isn't going to be closing as far as we're aware. It's just so hectic. We even received an extra shipment today even though we'd gotten freight on Friday that still isn't all put out yet. The extra one was just toilet paper, paper towels, water and some food products (spam, tuna, coffee, nuts).

I am working extra hours. I worked a full extra day at my old store as they are down one of the head senior techs and didn't even have anyone new take over the shifts when I left. Then Saturday I worked 7am-6pm trying to get freight worked out. Today I worked 6am till 4:30 pm. Manager came in to help and we handled the new truck instead of putting up the new sales tags. Going in tomorrow at 6am too instead of the 7 am scheduled time so can work on those and handle the otc products that we do still have.

So, yeah. Busy. Haven't been to the gym though getting way more steps and handling heavy totes, so that's something. Last weekend, back when I had time off I did get together with T. We were going to do a small group hike but over in Malibu the beaches and trails aren't dog friendly so we ended up driving over the Santa Monica pier instead. It also happened to be the end location for the LA Marathon so parking was a minor struggle. But it was a nice day walking on the beach together for a couple of hours.

I don't have a day off until Saturday. Now I'm going to bed before 9 pm cause early morning shifts suck.

Hope everyone else is surviving the chaos and craziness going around right now.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Finally made it to another day off. This time I didn't have to work quite as many in a row but I'm still doing a bunch of overtime. Things are just crazy.

After the week of 55 hours, I had a little less of a week but I still worked 6 days and yesterday ended up being 10 hours. One of my shift leads (the other type of manager below my position) ended up going home as she wasn't feeling well and had a cough. Want her feeling better so had no problem with that but it left us a little short. Had a cashier and another shift lead which could be worse but hard to get the breaks covered and we got our shipment that is frozen and cold grocery items that had to be dealt quick to get put away safely. Of course during that time when I was already late for my lunch break that the district manager stopped in to help work on payroll since we don't have a store manager at the moment.

Yep, no store manager. Well, the previous one got a different store and is overseeing our store still until someone else gets put into the position. He stops by occasionally but it's mostly one assistant manager, me (the training assistant manager who has had the job for less than 2 months) and shift leads to handle the chaos.

I'm doing my best but it can be a little overwhelming at times. We have stuff needing repairs, decisions to make over what to order that we even can get in, the struggle of truck day with the bigger trucks and customers just waiting each week for us to get more stuff in and the fact we can't get things. There has been a little slow down with the lockdown requirements but still since we have grocery and pharmacy that includes drive-thru, we still have our share of stuffs to handle.

Miss the gym and lifting with a barbell. Going to have to start all over once we can get back to the gym. I also definitely need to take at least a week off to go away once the chance arrives. I can now drive my car anywhere since it's not a lease so don't have limits on the miles. Might first plan a trip to visit family then later once passport is obtained and travel allowed, go some where out of the country. I really need some vacations.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Just a quick post since I keep putting off a real update. Still alive. Can't go in gym yet. Took many weeks just to get some fitness bands shipped. Working often and have interview to move from training to the full positions of assistant store manager soon. Will try and post a really one later.

Hi
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador