Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1729
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start with the better side of the days. Even though at times I don't really feel like going to the gym I'm getting back into the swing of things. Made it to the gym after work today for upper body lifting plus some cardio. Checked out this location to see if maybe there would be access to the spinning room but alas, no. This one made a little more sense because at the location the rooms for the classes are separate. They are both upstairs, offset from the main gym so the spinning room is locked when there isn't a class. Oh well. Also found that at 7 pm there are more women in the sauna compared to 9 or 10 pm. Lifting was okay. Not great but did stuff. Still going lighter since skipped last week.

bench press - 1x8 @ 65, 1x7 @ 75, 1x6 @ 85, 1x5/4/3 @ 95
    close grip paused - 1x6 @ 65, 1x5 @ 75
    tricep pushdown - 3x10 @ 80
    attempted chin up (well got one slow one). There is a new one at this gym though, assisted machine that is shorter but needs a pin for the weight part so might use it in the future.
    cardio - 45 minutes on the elliptical
    20 minutes dry sauna

Work is mixed. Making through the week but every day has bouts of ugh. This morning, I was there less than 5 minutes before getting snapped at. I guess she didn't hear me respond to her when she told me something. So, got snippy. Then to give an example she ignored me on purpose when I was verifying something with her, which is a tad petty since I did respond but didn't know she hadn't heard me. I'm just going through each day waiting for the weekend.

I've found it's not as clear cut on the transfer deal but there is a struggle. We have one person moving in the near future already. And there is the general idea that they are trying to train in order for the person to stay, not to have to constantly train new people. However, it's obviously not a well match for me. So, I'll work on jumping the hoops to possibly transfer. I am also going to apply to a couple other of places to explore options. And worse case, if I have to contact the district manager, then I'll go that route if it's time for last resorts.

And I've been meaning to post this song on my blog as it's fitting for how I feel at times with all of this:

Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Love that song/love MCR.

Approaching the district manager isn't a bad idea. It sounds like they have a high turnover of techs, and that at least one pharmacist isn't very nice to you guys. It shouldn't be hard to get corporate support.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What a nightmare. My day-to-day job is in the HR field and that sounds like such a ridiculous/petty management situation. I'm sorry It's terrible how a poor work situation can affect so many areas of life. On the bright side, great lifts!
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The whole Three Cheer's for Sweet Revenge CD is my jam.

I'm sorry work has been such a drag. Really wishing you the best of luck on the transfer.
    Hurt people if you have to.
    Crush them!

Way to go getting in the gym though. It's hard to stay motivated when things get rough, you're kicking ass.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Also found that at 7 pm there are more women in the sauna compared to 9 or 10 pm.
    There are rarely other women in our sauna, just creepy old dudes. :/ I often wear earbuds connected to absolutely nothing and tuck the other end into my clothes so no one talks to me in there. Oh and one time this guy peed in there, that was interesting.
    Work is mixed. Making through the week but every day has bouts of ugh. This morning, I was there less than 5 minutes before getting snapped at. I guess she didn't hear me respond to her when she told me something. So, got snippy. Then to give an example she ignored me on purpose when I was verifying something with her, which is a tad petty since I did respond but didn't know she hadn't heard me. I'm just going through each day waiting for the weekend.

I've found it's not as clear cut on the transfer deal but there is a struggle. We have one person moving in the near future already. And there is the general idea that they are trying to train in order for the person to stay, not to have to constantly train new people. However, it's obviously not a well match for me. So, I'll work on jumping the hoops to possibly transfer. I am also going to apply to a couple other of places to explore options. And worse case, if I have to contact the district manager, then I'll go that route if it's time for last resorts.

And I've been meaning to post this song on my blog as it's fitting for how I feel at times with all of this:

Sorry to hear work sucks right now. Customers can get really brazen, and yeah high turnover is such a common theme these days.

Aww yeah, I love MCR!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My wife does what you do, has been for 12 years and is looking for a change for similar reasons. Hope it goes well for you!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Love that song/love MCR.

Approaching the district manager isn't a bad idea. It sounds like they have a high turnover of techs, and that at least one pharmacist isn't very nice to you guys. It shouldn't be hard to get corporate support.
    It is a good song. Always enjoy when it comes on, especially on the commute home. While it always felt weird when I first started with the company whenever I ever saw the district manager since it wasn't that common, now I'm a little more used to communicating with them. And he has seen me working in other stores, in other roles and is a little more aware of some of what I've done with the company compared to my current managers.

Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    What a nightmare. My day-to-day job is in the HR field and that sounds like such a ridiculous/petty management situation. I'm sorry It's terrible how a poor work situation can affect so many areas of life. On the bright side, great lifts!
    The joys of retail, dealing with many different personalities in coworkers and management. I've had some great ones over the years, but this store has just been a struggle. Yes, lifting is the bright side. Get out some rage on those weights. Tomorrow is deadlifts, rawr!

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    The whole Three Cheer's for Sweet Revenge CD is my jam.

I'm sorry work has been such a drag. Really wishing you the best of luck on the transfer.
    Hurt people if you have to.
    Crush them!

Way to go getting in the gym though. It's hard to stay motivated when things get rough, you're kicking ass.
    Well, I don't know about crushing anyone... but I'll survive myself and work out a better situation when I can. It can be hard to stay motivated even though working out can feel better once there. Now to get back to the heavy squats and work on raging to some new maxes.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    There are rarely other women in our sauna, just creepy old dudes. :/ I often wear earbuds connected to absolutely nothing and tuck the other end into my clothes so no one talks to me in there. Oh and one time this guy peed in there, that was interesting.

Sorry to hear work sucks right now. Customers can get really brazen, and yeah high turnover is such a common theme these days.

Aww yeah, I love MCR!
    That's why I go to the location near work for at least the one day. Sauna is gender separated over in the beverly area so the dry sauna I go in is the in women's locker room. The north hollywood one is mixed and far more people in general the one time I made myself try it out. Turnover is definitely common in retail in general but even in places like the pharmacy it's fairly common though so far it has been the same techs with the one mostly changing cause she's moving to a different state later on this year.

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    My wife does what you do, has been for 12 years and is looking for a change for similar reasons. Hope it goes well for you!
    It can be a challenge and after years, it feels a little weird to look elsewhere but sometimes that's what is necessary. Good luck to your wife and thank you for stopping by my journal.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Had a bit of a better day today. Made it through work. Had a bit of a questionable lunch with a potato that was cooked before I got sick and has been in the fridge. Should have probably tossed it out but didn't want to waste it, so still ate it. Fire sauce from taco bell helped. Didn't get sick from it at least. Then had a nice bit of starbucks after work before going to the gym.

Was going to try a body pump class. Turns out they changed the schedule last week. Instead, it was a zumba class. I actually tried Zumba back when I lived in Wyoming when I was 25 and weighed over 200. Did like it but hadn't tried it in the 24 hour fitness locations over the years. So, I decided to do the class today. It was fun but I've learned while something things are easier now, I'm still terrible at dancing. lol
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Instead, it was a zumba class. I actually tried Zumba back when I lived in Wyoming when I was 25 and weighed over 200. Did like it but hadn't tried it in the 24 hour fitness locations over the years. So, I decided to do the class today. It was fun but I've learned while something things are easier now, I'm still terrible at dancing. lol
    I had a family member stationed in Dover for a couple of years and there's a Zumba class there that literally makes all other Zumba classes I've tried seem awful lol. It was AMAZING. I haven't been able to go to a class since - so I'm semi-jealous, but I, too, am terrible at coordinating dancing activities lol. Burns mad calories though!!

I had a family member stationed in Dover for a couple of years and there's a Zumba class there that literally makes all other Zumba classes I've tried seem awful lol. It was AMAZING. I haven't been able to go to a class since - so I'm semi-jealous, but I, too, am terrible at coordinating dancing activities lol. Burns mad calories though!!
    Thanks. Though if you've had the ultimate Zumba experience then maybe this one would reach par in comparison. It is fun and I'm never the only one who isn't graceful at dancing, so that helps. I don't know these people or even live in the same area, can look down right foolish and not care. lol
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Found out something interesting at work yesterday. I always arrive early and the commute took a little less time with the afternoon shift and even the rain didn't slow things down. So, I was there early and one of the other techs came into the break room for her lunch break. She had tried asking the day before when we were working what the pharmacist had said when I'd inquired on transferring but with them around we couldn't really talk. So, this gave us a little time to chat. She wants to transfer too and for similar reasons.

The way the pharmacists, more than one, act and speak to us, it's a problem. She commented how I had tough skin considering how they act towards me. And she even said she had cried at home after work a couple of times after altercations with them. We're not the only ones having problems too. Everyone is starting to crack a little. It was interesting to get that sort of confirmation that there is a problem.

It's going to take being stronger in my approach when I talk to the store manager next, but have my decision. Even though the other store doesn't have hours for a full time tech yet, I'm going to tell my current store that I want to go to another store. I'm going to go back to being a floater until more hours are available at another location. I'd rather have to find shifts that way I can pick stores closer to home than stay at the current one. So, I'm going to tell them we need to do whatever in order to get to that point because I can't stay at that store.

Not sure how it will go but it's what needs to be done.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Oh wow, that's tough - but definitely good to confirm that it's not a "you" problem but a "them" problem. What a crap situation to be in - but I'm happy you're finding a temporary solution until all of the pieces fall into place for you!!

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not pleased that someone else is experiencing the same as you, but I'm glad in that it validates your experience. Sometimes we can think we're going mad or that we're the ones with the problem until someone else shared the same/similar experiences. This happened with me at my last job and it was a relief to hear from someone else that they were struggling as much. I hope you manage to make things work for you.
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Oh wow, that's tough - but definitely good to confirm that it's not a "you" problem but a "them" problem. What a crap situation to be in - but I'm happy you're finding a temporary solution until all of the pieces fall into place for you!!
    It's a struggle but having places to vent, like here is also helpful. Thanks for the well wishes. We'll see what happens Monday when I talk to the store manager. Already a bit anxious over it.

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    I'm not pleased that someone else is experiencing the same as you, but I'm glad in that it validates your experience. Sometimes we can think we're going mad or that we're the ones with the problem until someone else shared the same/similar experiences. This happened with me at my last job and it was a relief to hear from someone else that they were struggling as much. I hope you manage to make things work for you.
    Very true. I don't like hearing the struggles she is going through. In some ways it would have been better if it was just me clashing with the others. Don't like that she's getting bothered to the point of crying from what goes on at work. It's not good. Thanks and I hope we get things worked out soon too. I've had an issue with a single manager before but never something quite to this scale. Will add a bit of stress not knowing my schedule and hours for a bit but think in a long run the stress of that will be better and easier to handle than the current situation.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Nice day off from work, to bring up something a little more positive. Went to writing group at a Panera this morning and the one at the register gave me a free cup of coffee. Did some stuff online and wrote a couple of paragraphs but the group is also my only real social life for the most part. So it's always nice to go.

Went to the gym after that for deadlifts. I left my belt in the car by accident but managed okay. 225 felt awfully heavy though. Overhead squat was a bit shaky at 55 but felt good. Also did 20 minutes on elliptical, then went for a long walk when I got home. Now I'm relaxing as the cat sleeps on one of my legs.

The workout:
    deadlift to knees - 1x4 @ 135, 1x4 @ 165, 2x3 @ 195, 4x2 @ 225
    deadlift from box - 1x4 @ 165, 1x4 @ 195, 3x2 @ 225
    front squats with straps - 1x6 @ 65, 2x5 @ 85, 1x4 @ 95
    overhead squats - 2x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 55
    good morning - 3x6 @ 135
    cable kickbacks - 3x10 @ 40
    cardio - elliptical for 20 minutes then long walk outside after going home
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh, so the deadlifts DID go well! Dang, that's a lot of nice exercise variety AND cardio. I'm impressed. I wish I could pull 225 like NBD.

Glad you had a good writing group. Those are gold if you can find them... too often, writing groups are full of negativity and drama (because we're all introverts?), so if you are in one that's supportive and positive that's a serious accomplishment.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Way to blast through the DL! Anyone doing overhead squats impresses the fuk out of me. That's such an awkward lift trying to work your quads, core, and making sure you don't decapitate yourself.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Oh, so the deadlifts DID go well! Dang, that's a lot of nice exercise variety AND cardio. I'm impressed. I wish I could pull 225 like NBD.

Glad you had a good writing group. Those are gold if you can find them... too often, writing groups are full of negativity and drama (because we're all introverts?), so if you are in one that's supportive and positive that's a serious accomplishment.
    Thanks. It didn't feel as great. Was supposed to do up to 255 and might have tried with the belt but will have to do that next deadlift day. 225 felt heavy as is. The writing group is fun. Some are more introverted than others but it's a very mixed group. Saturdays are just gather and try to write. They have a critique group on Thursdays but I haven't made it to that one. The group varies in what they write and one is even a comedian who works on his bits, so it's an interesting group overall.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Way to blast through the DL! Anyone doing overhead squats impresses the fuk out of me. That's such an awkward lift trying to work your quads, core, and making sure you don't decapitate yourself.
    Thanks. The adding overhead has been interesting. I do feel it in my core and it's a challenging lift but thinking it was a good decision to include it. Maybe some day I'll get up to a whole 95 lbs on it but for right now, even 55 is a challenge.

Meh day and workout to come in next post...
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Today was a kind of meh day even though it was another day off from work. Didn't help that I struggled to fall asleep last night (same as last weekend actually) so that I ended up dozing off around 5 am. Yet got up before 9 am for no real reason. Ended up doing the hour walk to go get Krispy Kreme donuts along with a little bit of walking in Target. Also got subway on the way back but didn't eat the 6 inch sub until late evening. I took a bit of a nap. Was tired, back ached for number of reasons and day one for tom. So just an all around blahness but the cat appreciated it as he napped with me (and is napping now near me as I sit on my bed using my computer).

Didn't particularly want to go to the gym but I did anyways. Felt kinda tired and meh throughout so kept the weights light. Added romanian deadlift to the mix to see how it would feel. Was very light in that my legs didn't feel all that much form it but by the last reps my arms were tired and wondering why we were still holding the weight. Did 30 minutes easy walk on the treadmill. Got some groceries after and have some food prepared for work tomorrow. Need to write but probably will only get a few hundred words in before bed. Need to get up early for the shift plus need to try and talk to the store manager tomorrow. Already nervous. Might need chocolate or booze after work depending on how things go. Maybe both.

gym session:
    push press - 1x8 @ 45, 3x6 @ 65
    snatch - 3x5 @ 45
    clean & jerk - 3x6 @ 65
    pendlay row with straps - 3x5 @ 95
    rdl - 3x8 @ 95
    cardio - 30 minutes on treadmill, 20 at 3 incline and 3 speed, 10 reduced incline and 2.8 speed
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    95 pound overhead squat would be insane!

i'm sorry you've been feeling so blah! that's QUITE the gym session for not wanting to go and for feeling crappy...and for also being TOM haha. I hope everything goes well with work! Fingers crossed for you!!

95 pound overhead squat would be insane!
    I do appreciate a good bout with insanity.

i'm sorry you've been feeling so blah! that's QUITE the gym session for not wanting to go and for feeling crappy...and for also being TOM haha. I hope everything goes well with work! Fingers crossed for you!!
    Thanks. It was a struggle but making it through so far. Now if only work gets better. Today included hours of technical problems, which is fun to try and explain to customers how their medicine is ready but can't be sold. Fun times... X.X
    Last edited by Fiction2Fitness; 03-05-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: fixed a quote
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Well, I wanted to go to sleep earlier but no luck so might as well do a little ramble of a post. That and I'm procrastinating from a story as need to name the boyfriend. Pesky character names.

Work wasn't quite what I expected. Took me over an hour to get to the store because Monday morning traffic, so didn't have time before the shift to try and seek out the store manager. Found out after I clocked in that the pharmacist was alone for the first hour, as the person scheduled before me called out. Luckily the ones coming in after me did show up a little earlier than scheduled cause we were busy and struggling because our technology had all kinds of problems It wasn't just our store either, all of the ones in the area had problems. Most of the day we had to deal with the issues though wasn't the worst day either for how things went for me at least.

I did get a brief moment to talk to the store manager at the end of my lunch break but it was minimal. Made it more prominent that I want to transfer. Right now we don't have enough applicants and the challenge is going to be having them find someone to replace my shifts. So, for now I"m still stuck and need to see if the new schedule allows for me to work 1 day at the other store. It's going to be a very slow process but I'm going to keep working towards the goal and power through the shifts as much as I can. Though I have over 150 hours of PTO again...

Nearing midnight so should try to go to sleep. Cat is already asleep on my bed after all. I only had about 1200 calories today and didn't get to my protein goal but am a bit nauseated. Pesky monthly cycle.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Names are hard. https://www.name-generator.org.uk/character/ ??? but then again, I always wind up just researching random etymology and cultural background things until I get there, or simply pick something as a placeholder and change later. Even worse than thinking of names is thinking of what a fictional character might choose as a website username... now that's brain-bending.

I'm sorry you have work headaches. I get you on the monthly cycle/nausea thing. I also get PMS insomnia--could that be related to your inability to sleep the other night? Feel better, friend!

Nice Pendlay rows btw. I always mess them up somehow. Maybe straps are the answer.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Names are hard. https://www.name-generator.org.uk/character/ ??? but then again, I always wind up just researching random etymology and cultural background things until I get there, or simply pick something as a placeholder and change later. Even worse than thinking of names is thinking of what a fictional character might choose as a website username... now that's brain-bending.

I'm sorry you have work headaches. I get you on the monthly cycle/nausea thing. I also get PMS insomnia--could that be related to your inability to sleep the other night? Feel better, friend!

Nice Pendlay rows btw. I always mess them up somehow. Maybe straps are the answer.
    Thanks. Straps have helped a little with the rows but I still feel not quite in tune when it comes to that lift. Never going to reach that 135 goal it feels like.

As for names, the trouble is after writing so many stories and having so many novels, it becomes which name catches my attention that isn't already taken. Some depend on the world and others it's just, ugh need a name. And temp names don't work much because after so long of using a name it becomes hard to see the character as anything else. Don't know which is more vexing: character names or story titles.

I would considering blaming the sleep issue on the time of month but I had the same problem exactly a week earlier. I have insomnia that shows up from time to time. Common issue so can't blame the source quite on that.

So tired today. It felt like should have been Thursday already instead of the only being Wednesday. The first two days of the work week just seemed so long. Part of that might include how yesterday two of us worked longer shifts than scheduled. I worked an extra hour and one of the guys stayed an extra 2 hours. Today things were a little easier but the crazy beginning of the week made many of us want it to be over.

Gym days included squats yesterday and today I did a little bench and 2 group classes. So tired now. And this week is a little harder to keep calories under 1600. Not getting much writing done either. Need to work on that. Least cycle will be over soon and hopefully the scale will cooperate. I'm going to try a weight trending app and I moved the scale to the bathroom cause having to try and weigh in my sister's room is a hassle. I'm also planning on getting a Dexa scan since there is a convenient location in LA and it's only 45$. Will be interesting to see the results after losing a fair amount of weight plus 3 years of lifting.

tuesday squats:
    squat - 1x5 @ 115, 1x4 @ 135, 2x3 @ 155, 3x3 @ 179, 4x2 @ 95
    pause squat - with sleeves 1x5 @ 125, 1x4 @ 135
    sumo deadlift - 1x8 @ 135, 1x5 @ 165, 3x5 @ 185
    cardio - 30 minutes on elliptical

wednesday bench/cardio:
    bench - 1x8 @ 65, 2x6 @ 85, 3x4 @ 95
    20 minutes walking on treadmill
    30 minutes grit strength
    30 minutes body pump

And time for sleep. So tired. That or I'll eat food but think the cat likes the idea of bed time.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Have you used Rowan? That's my son's name - we picked it because it was the tree that Thor had to cling to in one of his battles hahaha. #shamelessplug

I'm so excited for your Dexa scan results!! I would love to do one of those in a few months. brilliant squatting!

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always tried to choose the most dominant trait in a character, and then look up that adjective in another language and if it sounded cool, choose that for the name, maybe add a dash or an "h" just for fun
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

I love when people post their DEXA results on here :-)

No tips on character names. Except... it does actually kind of distract me when a character's name is too closely related to his/her personality... like.... how would his parent's know? Or is it some sort of psychological statement that he/she feels a need to live up to the name? Then suddenly I'm like... why am I obsessing over this instead of enjoying the story?

Have you used Rowan? That's my son's name - we picked it because it was the tree that Thor had to cling to in one of his battles hahaha. #shamelessplug

I'm so excited for your Dexa scan results!! I would love to do one of those in a few months. brilliant squatting!
    *tries to remember* I don't think that I've used Rowan yet. So far, it sort of comes across more fitting for a female character (sorry) but maybe some day there will be a boy character where I need it. hmm or maybe one of the earth faes. Maybe. We'll see how the Dexa goes. I'm imagining my bodyfat percentage is still quite high but will be good to know a little more.

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    I've always tried to choose the most dominant trait in a character, and then look up that adjective in another language and if it sounded cool, choose that for the name, maybe add a dash or an "h" just for fun
    Some good ideas though would require knowing more about the character in order to come up with their name. Works well when getting the novels going but the random short stories with short deadlines, can be a challenge. Though I don't usually add a dash or ' or anything like that as people complain about fantasy authors doing that too much.

I love when people post their DEXA results on here :-)

No tips on character names. Except... it does actually kind of distract me when a character's name is too closely related to his/her personality... like.... how would his parent's know? Or is it some sort of psychological statement that he/she feels a need to live up to the name? Then suddenly I'm like... why am I obsessing over this instead of enjoying the story?
    Thanks. Guessing around 30% bf but we'll see. Need to actually schedule the date since finally made it to pay day. Good point on the names if it is emphasized so much as to how they fit their name in that way. Can see how that would be a little distracting.

Today I did around 30 minutes on the elliptical then zumba for an hour. Enjoyed spending 20 minutes in the dry sauna too. One more day of work then get to enjoy my weekend. And... sister is going to be out of town, so get to enjoy a little time alone when roommate isn't here. Can't wait.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Happy payday and happy alone time weekend! I'm starting to research DEXA scans here. They're like $160 minimum