Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1729
    thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work in here! Pesky shoulder. That's one of the few body parts I worry about when achy. Ankle or lower back... meh just tough it out, shoulder... OMG they're gonna have to amputate my arm!
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Lifting is going okay considering. I do feel a little better now that the lifts are back up for the most part after the lacking that happened over winter. Some are even a little higher with the recent PRs on the ones like deadlift and push press. Bench isn't great but nice to have it back to 115 and maybe some day it will increase. Squat is up to the 1rm so we'll see what comes next on that one too. Just need to keep lifting and not miss too many sessions.
    Keep hitting it hard OP!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FWIW your lifts and workout logs look amazing from where I am sitting. I do hope your shoulder eases up on you and that you are giving it some rehab love lol.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Pizza, cake, and Employee of the Month - HELL YEAH!! Glad you're finally getting a day off, but yes you certainly do need a proper vacation!
    Thanks. It feels so long ago since worked 8 days after that. Thought it was going to be 9 days in a row though so could have been worse. Definitely need a vacation.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    I had black tea a couple times when I was younger, and when I recently started trying more teas, I leaned towards the fruitier/berry kinds. Last time we stayed at the Turning Stone though, the "non-dairy" creamers all had milk in them, so I said screw it knowing I drank black tea before. I remembered how much I liked it and now I have a stash of it.
    Just tried adding almond milk today since I can't use it for coffee, and need to use it somehow, and it was really good. It's just nice to have a warm beverage to enjoy in the mornings as a pick me up, or just when winding down, drawing/painting, journaling, reading, etc.

I still have a bunch of TAZO chamomile tea I have a hard time drinking, because it's too minty. >.<

Jfc, that's nuts the city had to get involve over it. At least it's getting solved though.

Yay for pot luck, food, and Employee of the Month. It's clear just from here that you deserve it, I'd vote for you too.

Enjoy your day off, get at those squats. Hopefully you can get some extended time off soon, and get a real break.
    I'm too lazy to make anything in the morning. I get the cold brew at starbucks right by work and well, it's easier to get cold items cause it take me hours to get through a drink. Hot would be cold before would get to most of it. The bathroom situation involved a broken pipe all the way in the alley, not just in store. Though we need to get someone in to clean the one in pharmacy cause the last repair guy left it a terrible mess.

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Maybe try a french press or pour over from Amazon? That way... no electronics to break. Plus, cheap!

Congrats on employee of the month! Glad to see they appreciate you working yourself to the bone up there.
    Aww, thank you. It is nice with all of the work to be a little appreciated though now have to have a picture of me up near the lockers. Not a fan of that.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Great work in here! Pesky shoulder. That's one of the few body parts I worry about when achy. Ankle or lower back... meh just tough it out, shoulder... OMG they're gonna have to amputate my arm!

Keep hitting it hard OP!
    Pesky shoulder indeed. I'm used to aches since work all day on my feet my legs often ache at least a little. Running didn't give me shin issues but work at times causes shin pain. Would think the body would get used to it after years but so far no such luck. The shoulder at least doesn't hurt more when lifting (though I've gone easy on the upper body lifts). It just aches at random moments, sleeping can be a struggle cause I put one arm up under the pillow, toss and turn between the two arms all night from one side to the next. Even just putting on a shirt or how I turn the steering wheel while driving can cause a twinge. Not sure what will change it. Just hoping it goes away.

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    FWIW your lifts and workout logs look amazing from where I am sitting. I do hope your shoulder eases up on you and that you are giving it some rehab love lol.
    Thank you. :-)

I got another day off. Only cause I missed the phone call this morning and ignored my phone most of the day. I lounged in bed and on the couch. Though also had a headache for a good part of the day. Didn't notice till 7pm the other store called to see if I could work for them. Have work tomorrow then another day off on Wednesday. The downside is I have also wanted to snack/eat all day. Le sigh.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe try a french press or pour over from Amazon? That way... no electronics to break. Plus, cheap!
    I've thought about it, requires some extra effort though, lol. I heard it tastes better, and I'd love to get a grinder, and actual coffee beans, since that seems like it'd be so dope. It's on a checklist for when someone hires my ass, because right now I'm struggling with my toe being dangerously close to popping through my sneakers. T_T
    [QUOTE=Fiction2Fitness;1576641391]
    I'm too lazy to make anything in the morning. I get the cold brew at starbucks right by work and well, it's easier to get cold items cause it take me hours to get through a drink. Hot would be cold before would get to most of it. The bathroom situation involved a broken pipe all the way in the alley, not just in store. Though we need to get someone in to clean the one in pharmacy cause the last repair guy left it a terrible mess.
    [quote]
    Oh man, I used to love cold coffee. Only my mom's, she'd add a lot of cream and sugar, so when it sat too long, and cooled down, I though it was great as a kid.

Now I'm an adult who just gets bummed that she doesn't think about her health when she makes coffee like that. :/
    I got another day off. Only cause I missed the phone call this morning and ignored my phone most of the day. I lounged in bed and on the couch. Though also had a headache for a good part of the day. Didn't notice till 7pm the other store called to see if I could work for them. Have work tomorrow then another day off on Wednesday. The downside is I have also wanted to snack/eat all day. Le sigh.
    Woohoo, taking tips from Phoenix I see? Lol. Only way she avoids being called in all the time, is by conveniently "losing" her phone. People need time off, it's important, every study done on the matter agrees. Its worse when the company can afford to hire another employee to help give everyone adequate time, but would rather overwork who they have.

As for the snacking, what do you do on your day off. I know you write, but writing makes it easy to snack too. Maybe find something to break up the day a little, get you away from the boredom eating. Anything outside is extra great, since you're completely away from the temptations.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Woohoo, taking tips from Phoenix I see? Lol. Only way she avoids being called in all the time, is by conveniently "losing" her phone. People need time off, it's important, every study done on the matter agrees. Its worse when the company can afford to hire another employee to help give everyone adequate time, but would rather overwork who they have.

As for the snacking, what do you do on your day off. I know you write, but writing makes it easy to snack too. Maybe find something to break up the day a little, get you away from the boredom eating. Anything outside is extra great, since you're completely away from the temptations.
    Wish I could say I was taking that tip but nah, it was a one time didn't pay as much attention to my phone. That morning I'd had a random number try to face time me, had barely been awake so ignored it. Didn't think to check on other missed calls to see if any left a voice mail. Over the last week I actually had 2 whole days off. And 2 days where I worked in 2 stores. Friday (over a week ago as our week is thurs-wed) I worked my store and other Beverly store. Tuesday I worked my store then drove to Burbank so it took an hour. Didn't get out until just after 9:30 pm so that day was basically a 9:30-9:30 kind of day. Didn't get called in for the past few days though so maybe get a lighter week this time. I am supposed to have Monday and Wednesday off this week and next week.

I don't do anything on my days off really. I should write. It's going no where but with how the past couple of months have been work wise I pretty much have been lazy on my days off. I get sleepy, have headaches and have been hungry so end up eating whatever. Plus don't have that much room with 1500 calories for a small deficit.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hallo
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

So much to post. Has been over a month and honestly, part of why I haven't updated is I don't know where to start. I will have to do a cliff notes version to cover the last month which involved work, cold, gym and some days of not much of anything. Plus should comment on the year goals, which are a bit stunted from all the work. Hopefully I can put the words down soon.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In for the goals update! I see you working it on IG so I knew you hadn't completely slacked off ;-)
    Instagram: @doctorv17

In for the goals update! I see you working it on IG so I knew you hadn't completely slacked off ;-)
    Thanks. I figure anyone who saw the 305 deadlift probably figured at least I hadn't given up.

Quick mini update: Work and Travel Hope

Well, I've been working a lot. I pretty much spent the first few months of the year working 6 days a week. I had a couple weeks where it was only 5 but it was very common to work OT every week. The past few weeks, however, due to budget restraints I have only worked 4 days a week. I even used some PTO hours since didn't work as much and still have the same bills to pay. Though while I didn't work extra days, I did have a few days where I worked 9:30 to 5:30 at my main store then drove an hour through traffic over to the other store to work until 9 pm. Plus side, the second store pays for the travel time as well as when I'm there but it's smaller store with a drive-thru.

In theory, I should be doing better on the financial front due to all of that time working extra but not even close. Financially things are still very frustrating. I am at least getting my bills paid for but nothing else beyond that. Sister still owes a little from the last two months and so far has only payed half of her rent for this month. Plus, my debit number got used somehow by someone so had to turn it off then call the bank. Don't have an active debit card at the moment, not that I have money until pay day anyways. Le sigh

Travel plans are still very tentative. I want to go to China next year but that requires not only the funds for the travel and such, plus passport, but also some vaccinations. That is going to take quite a process in order to ever happen. For local, there is a meet close to where some of my family live in Utah. The meet is not expensive but if I wanted to fly there it costs 200 plus have to rely on others to drive me. If I drive it's over 10 hours on a car but with the lease have limited miles or will have to pay extra when turn it in. Considering finding somewhere else to travel near end of August since I'm turning 35 but not sure where to go. Financial is affecting my plan travels some but also just the fact that I really wish I had someone to travel with instead of always doing everything by myself. I want to go to Prague some day but that is a little too far from my price range. Had hoped to go to Greece but some day with my mom that or Italy. South Korea and Japan are on the list but require some immunizations too. Considering maybe a place like the UK but not sure where to go. So much to think about.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I feel you, I had to cancel my plans to go to Italy this year because I need to save for grad school. It can be so hard to stay on top of everything, and I feel like wages just have not caught up to cost of living.

I have seen your insta, so I know you're still lifting!

You know, I've traveled (mostly) alone before, and it's actually pretty enjoyable. If you speak the local language, and often even if you don't, you can make friends with new people, and you aren't beholden to anyone else re: schedule. However, as women I do think we are more vulnerable alone, despite being strong or even trained in combat. That's just a reality.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've traveled to Spain and the Netherlands alone, and explored parts of Germany solo. Honestly, I find it more enjoyable because you can take things at your own pace and there's no compromising activity. I don't speak any of the languages, courtesy, a guidebook, and Google Translate will get you far.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    I feel you, I had to cancel my plans to go to Italy this year because I need to save for grad school. It can be so hard to stay on top of everything, and I feel like wages just have not caught up to cost of living.

I have seen your insta, so I know you're still lifting!

You know, I've traveled (mostly) alone before, and it's actually pretty enjoyable. If you speak the local language, and often even if you don't, you can make friends with new people, and you aren't beholden to anyone else re: schedule. However, as women I do think we are more vulnerable alone, despite being strong or even trained in combat. That's just a reality.
    Thanks! Yeah, I know I can lift alone. I can also go to movies, ride horses and eat out at different places alone. Just would be nice to do something not alone. I'm being a little whiny but got to put it out somewhere, so complaining here. I definitely don't speak any languages. I tried to learn spanish in high school and know a few things but not near enough plus I physically can't roll my r's.

I've traveled to Spain and the Netherlands alone, and explored parts of Germany solo. Honestly, I find it more enjoyable because you can take things at your own pace and there's no compromising activity. I don't speak any of the languages, courtesy, a guidebook, and Google Translate will get you far.
    Google translate will definitely be useful if I make it anywhere that's not predominantly English speaking.

Went to gym yesterday. Good thing cause I ended up working 2 stores today. Went almost an entire work week without working any extra hours as I had all weekend off and all. Traffic was so slow between the two stores too, so it took me around 1.5 hours just to get to the other one. They didn't have a tech to close as it was just me and the pharmacist on the last hour but it wasn't too bad.

I'll do a workout cliffnotes update soon and the goals one. I have tomorrow off as long as no one calls me in. But minor diet update. Was in the 140's earlier in the year and now weighing in between 137-139. Am tracking and eating around 1300 a day, so should see the scale move in the right direction. And I'm being a grown up: I have a physical/female exam schedule for beginning of June. I haven't gone to a dr in 10 years.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Work has been busy. One of the main senior techs is on vacation and now so is the head pharmacist. Not only do we have random pharmacists to fill in for some shifts but the one we had yesterday morning and will have tonight is brand new to pharmacy. She got a bit overwhelmed yesterday and we ended up very behind by the time the other pharmacist came in. She was not happy to see what was left for her to clean up, that is for sure. We got things calmed down eventually but ended up to lunch a little late. This week I've had some headache issues so after work end up just going home instead of the gym.

Gym has been hit or miss for the last couple of months. I was getting the numbers up again. Managed PR on squat and deadlift, not on bench but finally made it back up to 115 at least. Then got sick and had work and things so now the numbers are back down. Except good morning. Still had the same number last time though been slacking this week so not going to try and PR tomorrow when I go to do good morning and block pull max effort. Had managed 305 on deadlift but then it became struggle for 285. Squat 229 then barely managed 205. Bench slunk down below 100 but got back to 105 so just need to keep going. It's going to be up and downs for a while, I assume plus am trying to drop weight so low calories sucks for lifting too.

No meet in the near future. Had looked at one but turns out it's not a meet but just a deadlifting event. If I lived closer I'd do that for fun but traveling and taking time off for Utah, want it to be a full meet. Guess I'll not compete until fall at this rate.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Have a lighter week going on at work. We actually were closed for today (Memorial Day). Well, the store is open but the company decided pharmacy would be closed so that means I got the day off.

Haven't particularly felt like going to the gym but trying to get going anyways. I went Saturday after doing the quick 4 hour shift at other store. Did good morning and block pulls but not as heavy as before. Didn't want to use the chalk and even the 225 felt heavy. Skipped yesterday, just did my regular work shift. Today, I went to the gym in part to get out of the house though wasn't excited to go. Did bench press up to 105 and a few sets of sling shot plus couple cable accessories.

Dealing with some blah and stress. Our rent is going up in July by over 60 dollars. The license/registration is due for my car by July as well, which in Cali is expensive (over 300). I haven't even gotten my hair cut because I just don't have spare money. All I have goes to bills and food. I'd be better off if my sister would pay her share of the rent and it's getting frustrating. The last couple of months she has been 100 short and paid for part of it over half way through the month. For May she paid half near the beginning of the month and nothing since then. And I'm not working as much overtime now so am worried about how we're going to make rent.

Would stress eat but so far doing okay. Plus can't afford that much so trying to budget well though have things I would like to eat or do that are difficult to manage.

On the plus side, I have gotten a bit of writing done. They are little bits, thousand or so words here and there but still count as progress. Need to figure out how to get things further and publishable though. Always a lot that needs done and end up not doing much some days other than work and check out the forums.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Sorry about the stress and financial challenges :-( I just had to pay my $370 registration fee a few weeks ago! So painful.

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to hear about all the chit with rent/finances. It's hard when your sister isn't paying her way. Have you sat down with her to try and talk about it? Maybe come from the angle that as you're both struggling it would help if you could put your heads together to figure out how to budget so that the rent can be paid by you both?

You might have done this already so apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Sorry about the stress and financial challenges :-( I just had to pay my $370 registration fee a few weeks ago! So painful.
    Thanks. Yeah it's painful and I don't even really pay it cause I don't have that kind of many. Have to ask stepdad for help, which I hate doing but really appreciate that he helps me with things like car and the insurance.

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Sorry to hear about all the chit with rent/finances. It's hard when your sister isn't paying her way. Have you sat down with her to try and talk about it? Maybe come from the angle that as you're both struggling it would help if you could put your heads together to figure out how to budget so that the rent can be paid by you both?

You might have done this already so apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!
    I have talked to her a bit. She's not the most adult minded... I have to remind her about rent, that thing which is due on the same exact day every single month, more than once every single month. I have to keep checking back with her and mentioning the money. She'll be like "oh yeah, I need to get you money" then days later still nothing. Trying to think of a different way to approach it be even mom could only offer "put it nicely". Doesn't help her income is getting less reliable. They haven't given her a project to work on (she works online from home) so now I'm worried she won't even have anything for June. And I won't have enough for the full month with my paycheck. It's definitely getting on my nerves and low cals is not helpful with stress. I miss being able to eat junk food and candy for emotional/mental stress just a little bit. Though have to even budget out diet coke since rent is more important. Le sigh

Have today off. Thankful cause the numbers when we are closed for a day are scary. Just got a group text about how things are going and there is over 100 to be reviewed by pharmacist and already over 70 printed to be filled, which will go up higher once the pharmacist verifies more. So, they are in for a rough day. Probably won't notice much about the order then as they try to survive the chaos of today with part time pharmacist and floater pharmacist... ugh, bet tomorrow will be rough too.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Rough Week

OMG This last week... Work has been utter chaos and that is putting it lightly. Main pharmacist is on vacation and the temp ones they send us have been a real struggle. Like brand new, been a pharmacist 2 whole weeks type. We were struggling before the crash.

The start - Tuesday night (i had the day off) the system went down. Close to closing time so not the worse thing at the moment. However, next morning it didn't come back up. When I got there for close shift at 1pm they had a tech in working on things but phones weren't working and we couldn't sign into our system that we use to day pretty much anything in pharmacy. Could only sell a few prescriptions that were refills, not requiring pharmacist consultation or sign off on the computer. Mostly had to face random customers that stopped by to let them know (and some yelled, mad they couldn't get their medicine or things weren't ready yet after many hours). Tech left after phones came up but the main system didn't work still. Over hour later, we kept calling tech support line cause still couldn't do anything. Finally, manager had some of us leave to pharmacy and work out on the floor. One guy cashiered the last bit of his shift. I put away stuff, which I had done before since used to work floor before moving into the pharmacy. We got a second technician in to fix something. Whatever he did during that time dropped out all of the system including cash registers so they ended up having all customers leave the store and shut down the 24 hour store for a little while. Around 8 it came up and ^%$@ Had almost 200 just to type, not counting all the ones already waiting to be filled and would need filled. We stayed until about 9:30 trying to type but still left with 80 to type and everything to fill/review.

I had Thursday off so didn't have to go in though was on call just in case. They got us a third pharmacist and there wasn't enough space to have an extra person even though pharmacist would have liked to have me help so they couldn't call me in. Friday still involved catching up with filling and all the other stuff. So many things getting done late our metrics are going to be way off. Couldn't even do the weekly "inventory" thing we have to do every single week. Had to do it instead on Saturday but the ones who usually do that one didn't work. I scanned everything and the other tech dealt with the paperwork, or well she did part of it and left the rest to the senior tech on Sunday.

Then there was Sunday. With slow pharmacist, which thought would be the struggle for the day but nope. After lunch had a customer cause all kinds of problems, have a fit, yell at everyone and other customers started yelling back at him. It was a huge disaster.

He was a problem from the start. I guess my method of communication doesn't match to his and he took that as an afront instead of realizing some people process information differently. Had a slight issue just explaining he didn't have to worry about wait time because the notes taped to the computer were old and the system had been down days ago not "yesterday". Then he only wanted two of the three meds on the script, so I was trying to determine which one he didn't want cause he didn't just say or point. It was actually one of the few times where no one was right up behind him (some of our customers are terrible about leaving space for confidentiality). I didn't even say the drug names out loud, just a general usage for them to help determine which he didn't want. He got mad and lectured me about how that was a violation. And he kept being condescending even after I apologized three different times and was trying to put in the prescription. Finally had to tell him I needed to concentrate to not mess up on them and that we'd let him know when it was ready. That should have ended things but no... His tried to go to 90 day to get the dr to approve that versus a single month but system texted that there was a dely. He tried to ask the other tech about why there was a delay but the other tech was in the middle of processing a prescription for someone else and tried to tell him to hold on so the guy snapped at him for interrupting. And the sr tech, if someone is rude to him he does not care, he will be rude right back. So he was rude back and they had a rough communication. Finally, meds ready, pharmacist tries to be the one to sell him and he keeps going off about how rude and terrible everyone is. One of the managers had to scan a few things in pharmacy so she was trying to do something and he got her involved saying she walked by him when he was calling corporate and didn't do anything. Then she smiled and he accused her of laughing. He kept yelling and repeating the same thing, keeping up the line cause the pharmacist couldn't move away to help so the line didn't move at all. Finally other customers started yelling at him, telling him to go already. So they started arguing and he had his phone up like he was filming some of the other customers that were snapping at him and calling him names. It was chaos. Took three managers and finally, he left.

Now for the nicer but thing that kept me from the gym. We clocked out at 6 pm but I stayed behind to talk to a customer who is kinda lonely. Her favorite tech from photo got fired a few weeks ago. I ended up there for 2 hours talking with her, then walked her the half block to her apartment cause it was dark out. After that, just went home and had a little frozen pizza for dinner.

Very rough days over the past week.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Now for a non-workout post, though not goal update yet either. Finally went to a Dr. I haven't had an exam of any type since my last female exam in a small town in Wyoming with a physician assistant before I turned 25 (when I wouldn't be on parent's insurance anymore). I went early cause street parking and they ended up being able to take me early too so didn't have waiting or anything.

Overall, it was a quick appointment. Which is kinda want you want from a pap smear. Get that uncomfortable stuff over with as soon as possible. She also mentioned that I really should get a primary care physician and do a regular physical. Though my blood pressure was fine, so that's a good thing since family members have issues with that. She also was nice enough to recommend a fertility doctor who does free consultations since I want to have kids but nothing in site and would need insemination. Have to consider things like how much procedures cost and potentially freeze eggs/embryos. One thing off my list of being an adult and a few added that I have to do next.

Went to gym earlier today but didn't eat so now I'm going to an Ace meet up and going to enjoy greek food and maybe a sprinkles cupcake as reward for doing the female exam.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Minor delay in gym the past couple of days. With work having later shifts and sister being away so had to take care of the cats ended up skipping sessions. I was going to go tonight but had a longer than planned shift along with other problems. Work did not get better as we had another issue recently.

Work vent: People need to stop calling out and by people I mean the same younger girl who always calls out. She called out yesterday, so we were short a person. I went in an hour early. Other tech stayed 2 extra hours as the second closer was already from another store so coming after finished her shift there. It was a long rough day with super long lines and not enough help. Problem was, we only get two techs on the weekend and guess who was supposed to work today... Yep, but she called out for both days at the same time so we at least found a random person from another store to come cover. Would have been even worse if just me and a pharmacist.

However... Today was rough. Saturday is supposed to be our slow day and we can catch up on things. Not the case today. We were so busy and the guy who came to help, while nice and we appreciated having someone, he was a little slow even just at the register. That was all I had him do though cause had so much else that needed done and quicker. He didn't complain though and it helped that I at least wasn't at the register all of the time. Had some slow times and complaints though. A few were not very patient. I ended up staying the whole time we were open. Saturday's we are 9-6 with one tech at 9-5 and one at 10-6. We both worked until 6, or well 6:30 by the time we clocked out.

Then the stress got worse. On the drive home, my brakes started acting up and the service thing went on. I have to work the next two days too and can't really bring it in tomorrow. So, I have to get a lyft to and from work tomorrow. Then can get the car checked morning of Monday since I'm working close shifts this week (two techs took some time off this week so that threw off the schedule a little). Hope the brake issue is covered as part of the lease cause I really can't afford repairs on anything right now. It's going to be a struggle to pay for the registration already and I need food.

At least the cut is going okay. Am at 132, yay for weight class. If only I could afford a meet anytime soon. Le sigh. Drinking a glass of wine but still in calorie range since didn't eat much all day as plans got changed in part from work being hectic and going to lunch late. Though also right now hormones are affecting things. Spent yesterday's chaos with cramps that felt like I was being stabbed in the uterus. Good thing I only get cramps one or two days per cycle. Things have calmed down but probably not stepping on the scale for a couple of days.

Need more wine and all of the chocolate!
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glad the cut is going well

Work sounds really tough, and what is it with that girl not turning up?? It leaves you and others in the chit
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Glad the cut is going well

Work sounds really tough, and what is it with that girl not turning up?? It leaves you and others in the chit
    I wish I could say it was a rare thing but this is the one who calls out on a regular basis even though she only works like 2 days a week. She's the one I filled in for back when I ended up working 14 days in a row. She will go a few weeks fine then all of a sudden call out. This time it was for both days, friday and saturday with no one to cover her on friday so we were just short staffed. And last night she actually texted me asking if the pharmacist said anything about her calling out because it was our pharmacy manager working yesterday. Apparently she had a family "event"... She's the youngest in the pharmacy and only works a little because she's in school but still, it's quite a hassle with how often she doesn't come in to work.

It was a busy day yesterday too and despite all I did on Saturday, it was "so much didn't get done". I rely on the pharmacist to do things too and I guess she didn't do as much as she needed to do because still had to hear about how behind we were yesterday. We didn't get out until 6:30 since we had to do things after closing at 6.

Now I'm at the dealership waiting on the car. The service light literally went off right before I pulled into the dealership. Hopefully it's an easy thing cause I can't afford much of anything and don't want to spend another 40$ on rides to and from work.

stress continues

2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

That's so annoying of your coworker! Why can't she just request the days off or be let go? Ugh, big corporations put up with so much BS so they don't have to deal with potential fall-out from firing people. We have certain engineers that get shuffled from program to program at my place because they are under-performers but it seems like it takes criminal actions and/or fraudulent behavior to actually get the boot here. **end rant**

Sorry about the car situation! Hopefully it turns out to be warranty/lease covered. Fingers crossed.

That's so annoying of your coworker! Why can't she just request the days off or be let go? Ugh, big corporations put up with so much BS so they don't have to deal with potential fall-out from firing people. We have certain engineers that get shuffled from program to program at my place because they are under-performers but it seems like it takes criminal actions and/or fraudulent behavior to actually get the boot here. **end rant**

Sorry about the car situation! Hopefully it turns out to be warranty/lease covered. Fingers crossed.
    Yeah it's very annoying. We have to request time off in advance, before the schedule gets made. So, she should either do that or work the shift. And her family should know that if she is scheduled to work, then she just can't make it to that event. Just being in your 20's isn't enough of an excuse for that kind of work ethic. Drives me crazy among other little annoying things she does. One of the shift leads even mentioned that she had to be near out of number of allowed call-outs. It has gotten to the point of a jest, an oh guess who called out again. It does take a fair amount to get fired at the company. Not quite as bad as fraud but definitely a few warnings before they end up doing something about things.

The car is better and the only plus side, I didn't have to pay for any repairs. Still had to pay for the rides to and from work, which I didn't really have the money for so at least one bill is going to be late this month but not much I can do about that. Struggle will continue because we are short on hours. I'm having to use PTO just to make somewhat enough each paycheck right now and things are going up in price soon. Tired of always worrying about money.

Have days off. Didn't go in to the gym today, as spent time just lazing about. Wish I could have done to the couch at least to work and watch tv but sister is back home. She slept all morning/day on the couch. Plan for tomorrow is go to the gym. Applying for audience work too since it pays cash but can be hard to get a spot. Plus would need a ride and hard if sister is sleeping all day. Parking is always a problem near studios. Will have to see what happens. I worked 5 days this week, only schedule 4 next week and 2.5 shifts the following week. Am doing little bits online but it's minimal. Still would be good to put money on paypal and get some food or something. Le sigh.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Wow. Didn't realize I skipped an entire week until looked at the gym journal. Last time I worked out was on the 11th, so 8 days ago. Oops. Between the change from morning to evening shifts plus the rough weekend, just ended up not going. So today made myself go even though had a headache and well, still have a headache though the excedrin and resting helped a little.

Just did light weight squats and good mornings up to 145 lbs, then some curtsy lunges and flat bench. 45 minutes walking on the treadmill finished it off. Will go tomorrow too since don't have work. Bought a few groceries but am limited since need to pay bills. Now if only didn't have the headache.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

End of month and the stress continues. I've been making it to the gym at least though off and on. Not quite four times a week but even 3 times is good enough at this point. I won't be able to afford a meet any time soon so it's more a matter of keeping muscle than increasing strength for the time being. On the plus side, the cut is progressing despite the stress and desire to eat all of the things in the apartment. Am down to 131 so within my preferred lifting class.

Work is still stressful. Summer is our slower time so hours have really been cut. I am only scheduled 2.5 shifts this week at my own store. I picked up a shift at another store and am using PTO to help but it's rough. Last paycheck wasn't even really enough for rent and I'm having to pay a student loan payment late in order to make rent because July is when our rent goes up. It's controlled so there is a limit on how much it can go up each year but since we already struggle to pay each month and it's cheaper than most other places it's still rough.

I've been doing a little freelance work online that doesn't pay much in order to just get some spare money. Will help pay the gym membership that goes out of my account automatically at the beginning of the month and maybe buy a little food. Other than that I probably can't buy groceries for the next two weeks as wait for next pay day. Diet isn't going to be ideal on protein but can probably keep calories low from not having much.

Just gotta push through and hopefully things will get better in August.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    End of month and the stress continues. I've been making it to the gym at least though off and on. Not quite four times a week but even 3 times is good enough at this point. I won't be able to afford a meet any time soon so it's more a matter of keeping muscle than increasing strength for the time being. On the plus side, the cut is progressing despite the stress and desire to eat all of the things in the apartment. Am down to 131 so within my preferred lifting class.

Work is still stressful. Summer is our slower time so hours have really been cut. I am only scheduled 2.5 shifts this week at my own store. I picked up a shift at another store and am using PTO to help but it's rough. Last paycheck wasn't even really enough for rent and I'm having to pay a student loan payment late in order to make rent because July is when our rent goes up. It's controlled so there is a limit on how much it can go up each year but since we already struggle to pay each month and it's cheaper than most other places it's still rough.

I've been doing a little freelance work online that doesn't pay much in order to just get some spare money. Will help pay the gym membership that goes out of my account automatically at the beginning of the month and maybe buy a little food. Other than that I probably can't buy groceries for the next two weeks as wait for next pay day. Diet isn't going to be ideal on protein but can probably keep calories low from not having much.

Just gotta push through and hopefully things will get better in August.
    Good luck pushing through, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Getting to the gym 3 times a week is good. Depending on the time of year, or what I may have going on, I switch between a 3 and 4 day split with my programming. My programs usually last 2-3 months and I haven't noticed a loss of strength when I switch to a 3 day split. If anything I might notice an increase because I'm able to lift heavier due to more recovery time. Just my 2 cents.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hope your work stress calms down. Our economy is ridiculous in terms of what it pays... you shouldn't need to freelance to afford f*cking rent. UGH I'm MAD.

I could see that your cut was going well from your instagram--you've visibly lost weight. Your lifts are looking good, too.

Sorry I disappeared... injury depression kept me off the site for some time.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Originally Posted by LynnInAla View Post
    Good luck pushing through, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Getting to the gym 3 times a week is good. Depending on the time of year, or what I may have going on, I switch between a 3 and 4 day split with my programming. My programs usually last 2-3 months and I haven't noticed a loss of strength when I switch to a 3 day split. If anything I might notice an increase because I'm able to lift heavier due to more recovery time. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks. I don't mind 3 days a week but the 4th day is when I do the oly lifts while the other three are more focused on the powerlifting. Plus I can do 2 days of heavy and two days of lighter lifts when I do the 4 day. But at times, just doesn't work as I am too easily persuaded after work to go eh. The gym is so crowded during the week too that I don't want to be around the people. It's not so much the working out just after spending all day in retail, don't care to spend hours sweating around others. Still three days is way better than none for sure.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    I hope your work stress calms down. Our economy is ridiculous in terms of what it pays... you shouldn't need to freelance to afford f*cking rent. UGH I'm MAD.

I could see that your cut was going well from your instagram--you've visibly lost weight. Your lifts are looking good, too.

Sorry I disappeared... injury depression kept me off the site for some time.
    Thanks. It's definitely stressful. Summer is just less hours for retail pharmacy in general but should pick up in August when we start getting flu shots in and such. I'm picking up a couple of shifts at other stores but yeah, it's a little frustrating. I shouldn't struggle this much for rent and food. Plus there is a minor question of seniority cause one is getting more hours but he was brought in not that long ago though I guess he worked with them before. Still, I've been at this store about 2 years and with the company almost 7, so you'd think maybe I'd not be as cut down. Next week I'm only schedule 2 shifts. The only lucky part is I have a lot of PTO so can use that or I'd never come close to making rent.

The freelance work at least helps. Nice to have a little money on the side though I have to consider trying to find a second job. Sister keeps bugging me to find a different company to work for but that's a challenge too. It's so hard to even get an interview let alone another job. Plus all my experience is retail so I get stuck in more retail and if I'm going to go somewhere else, I don't want it to involve a cash register.

I've been lazy about posting here. I'm working out but don't feel like bringing in my hand written journal to update here. Saturday did squats and lunges, so but was sore yesterday. Today I'm going to walk to gym and do upper body plus more cardio. Ate more food yesterday than usual as was snacky once I got home but I do one or two higher calorie days and a couple days of just 1000 calories. I can't do the same 1300 every single day approach so have to just find a way to get the overall average for the week with days having different amounts.

Thanks for noticing the loss. I don't see it as much but probably cause it's the same lbs as before. I was losing the weight last year too and got down to 130-128 around this time too. It's hard to keep going but hoping to make it through this time and get down lower instead of getting distracted and bouncing back up to 140+. Will have to see how it goes though.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Finally decided to take measurements again since I'm back down from my winter fluff. Basically the measurements are the same from last year, though a couple lbs heavier than when I did the measurements in June 2018. Hopefully can keep going this time around instead of stopping in August. Will be turning 35 at the end of August and it will be 5 years since I started getting healthier and losing weight since I started when I turned 30. Even with the measurements on the waist haven't changed much am using the smaller whole on the lifting belt more often now so hopefully in the next month or two will see some changes in the inches along with the scale as long as I keep going.

Previous measurements:
    5-3 measurements (for comparison)
    weight 134
    overbust 35
    underbust 32
    upper stomach 36
    midsection 35
    hips 37
    bicep 11
    tricep 8.5
    thighs 21.5
    calves didn't measure