Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1729
    sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The snatch is the hardest lift, especially since it's also quite frightening to have a weight suspended overhead like that. Clean and jerk at least has the virtue of keeping the bar where you can see it and briefly racked on your shoulders. My trainer has me doing a lot of balance stuff with the bar overhead, like upside down bosu ball voodoo nonsense... but I think it really helps??? so we'll see.

I think you can give yourself permission to focus on things other than Nano this year. Sounds like a lot of stress. At least there's a lot of GRE prep material online.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Thanks. I'm too lazy to do the set up for hip thrusts plus don't find the towels to be sufficient as pads. Maybe some day I'll get a barbell pad of my own and bring it to gym, then make myself set up and do the lift more often. For now I'll just envy the ones who lift heavy with it.
    Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-NE2xnaN0

Contreras has endorsed using the leg curl machine.

https://bretcontreras.com/b-t-always-thrusting/
    Letting go of the fear and going to war.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    The snatch is the hardest lift, especially since it's also quite frightening to have a weight suspended overhead like that. Clean and jerk at least has the virtue of keeping the bar where you can see it and briefly racked on your shoulders.
    I'll never forget that crossfit vid of the guy who dropped/threw the bar behind him from overhead and it bounced off of a bunch of equipment behind him (that should have never been near him) and hit him in the spine. Give yourself a wide berth. I even get paranoid about somebody setting up next to me doing db bench press. I'll move all my stuff far away so I have space, don't need someone dropping a db and having it bounce onto my fingers.
    /Safety PSA of the Day
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The snatch is the hardest lift, especially since it's also quite frightening to have a weight suspended overhead like that. Clean and jerk at least has the virtue of keeping the bar where you can see it and briefly racked on your shoulders. My trainer has me doing a lot of balance stuff with the bar overhead, like upside down bosu ball voodoo nonsense... but I think it really helps??? so we'll see.

I think you can give yourself permission to focus on things other than Nano this year. Sounds like a lot of stress. At least there's a lot of GRE prep material online.
    Thanks. It does seem quite hard and probably doesn't help I'm learning on my own. I did check to see if any of the trainers at the gym (commercial gym so knew didn't stand much of a chance) might specialize in olympic lifts or powerlifting but no go. I'm hoping the overhead squats help.

With NaNoWriMo it's just that I miss writing. I haven't really had a successful novel month in years and during the rest of the year I get nothing done cause I work, gym, sit online and post in forums... Priorities. I've written part of a chapter in the last 2 months. Haven't edited either or gotten the submission letter finished. I want to write and keep getting more ideas, just need to find a way to incorporate it in my schedule more.

Originally Posted by SunshinyDaiz View Post
    Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-NE2xnaN0

Contreras has endorsed using the leg curl machine.

https://bretcontreras.com/b-t-always-thrusting/
    I hadn't seen that particular one, but I have seen others where they used the leg curl machine. However, that seems more awkward to me and I'm not sure if it'll work so haven't tried yet. I struggle to use the curl machine for actual leg curls. At my height, it's not always easy with certain equipment in the gym. I like using the bar just haven't put in the effort with that since I focus more on the main lifts.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    I'll never forget that crossfit vid of the guy who dropped/threw the bar behind him from overhead and it bounced off of a bunch of equipment behind him (that should have never been near him) and hit him in the spine. Give yourself a wide berth. I even get paranoid about somebody setting up next to me doing db bench press. I'll move all my stuff far away so I have space, don't need someone dropping a db and having it bounce onto my fingers.
    /Safety PSA of the Day
    Sounds crazy. I have one of the few 24 hour fitness that has an area with 3 racks set up on one side with the olympic round plates (rest of gym like bench area is hex plates). There is space in front of the racks that has padding too so that's where I'm doing my cleans and snatch attempts. Not going to hit much except maybe a random person walking by. It does get a little risky in the rack cause they are attached and bros will randomly go between two and use the bar for pull ups. I sometimes worry about hitting one when trying to unrack for squats. People need to watch where they are going and be aware of their surroundings but that might be asking for too much.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since I didn't go to the gym Sunday and I'm working until 9 pm today but 9:30 am tomorrow, I ended up going last night and combined Bench Max and Dynamic Lower. Bench wasn't great. Of course strength went down a little since I haven't been consistent on the upper body lifting. Need to work on that.

10-22-18
    bench 1x8 @ 65, 2x6 @ 75, 1x5 @ 85, belt 1x4 @ 95, 2x1 @ 105
    front squat 1x8 @ 45, straps 1x8 @ 65, 2x6 @ 85
    overhead squat 1x8 @ 45, 3x5 @ 65
    lat pull down 3x8 @ 70
    15 minutes on treadmill (the not as fancy new ones, so no touch screen)
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tried to study a little but didn't make much progress there either. Still not sure if I'll do NaNoWriMo this year since GRE test is middle of the month.
    Good luck! Sprints just mentioned hers coming up soon too. Rooting for you both.

Also stopped by Spirit Halloween store and got the wig I needed for my costume. Don't have a schedule yet but since the holiday is on Wednesday pretty much can guarantee that I'll have to work, just don't know which shift at this point. We can wear costumes but no masks. Previous roommate gave me a dress that's like Wednesday Addams' so got the black pig tails and am all set.
    Yay to a Wednesday costume! I wanna see pics! Working Halloween sucks, but at least you get to dress up. Makes things interesting for a day.

Had to google nanowrimo again, even though I know you've mentioned it before, I forget all the things. Yeah I wouldn't want to attempt writing a novel in a month with a big test to study for.
    I can't attempt to write a novel in a month anyway, lol. I have been more interested in writing though, been trying to find simple prompts, journal ideas etc. I don't commit to things well, so basically trying to find stuff that I can write a few paragraphs to pages on and abandon freely.
    I used to write awful fanfics, and depression poetry, but haven't really been "into" writing for awhile.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    x2 awaiting Halloween costume pics. I hate when holidays like that are in the middle of the week. Sometimes cities here even move Trick or Treat to Saturday night, will have to check on that, and buy some candy. That's dangerous, always end up with way too much left over. Will have to chase around random kids at 7:50pm with remaining candy HERE, TAKE THISSSSS, GET IT AWAY FROM MEEEE!
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh yeah, forgot to tell you I'm taking the GRE Thursday. It was pretty spur-of-the-moment for me, but we can compare our ridiculous responses to the essay questions if you want. I think those are so funny.

Anyway!

Overhead squats and front squats are both great Oly lift accessories. I dunno dude, maybe you want to compete with that next. I also hear overhead squatting is one of the best movements to do, just in general, because you need to have so many parts of your body working correctly to manage it.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Good luck! Sprints just mentioned hers coming up soon too. Rooting for you both.

Yay to a Wednesday costume! I wanna see pics! Working Halloween sucks, but at least you get to dress up. Makes things interesting for a day.

Had to google nanowrimo again, even though I know you've mentioned it before, I forget all the things. Yeah I wouldn't want to attempt writing a novel in a month with a big test to study for.
    I can't attempt to write a novel in a month anyway, lol. I have been more interested in writing though, been trying to find simple prompts, journal ideas etc. I don't commit to things well, so basically trying to find stuff that I can write a few paragraphs to pages on and abandon freely.
    I used to write awful fanfics, and depression poetry, but haven't really been "into" writing for awhile.
    Thanks. I have so much studying to do before the test and it's expensive so it's this one shot and that's probably it, so doesn't help with the stress levels. Mostly worried about the math since haven't done most of that in many years and I remember that portion when I took it right high school I didn't score the best but also hadn't studied.

For the costume, I'll try to get a picture. Though they were joking in pharmacy how we should all dress like minions, the techs at least. Would be fun but I don't have that, I have my Wednesday Addams. Halloween is fun though I'm not that into dressing up as never had the greatest options (weight wise and financial wise) but in retail relish the chance to just wear something else for a day so take any chance I can get to be out of uniform.

NaNo isn't quite a novel in a month but close since the goal is just 50,000 words, which is too short for most genres. The general goal is for everyone that says they want to write a novel to quit saying and just do it. Since it's a first draft, it's allowed to suck. No editing or any of that. It's a nice way to get it down quick so can get to the stages of rewriting and editing.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    x2 awaiting Halloween costume pics. I hate when holidays like that are in the middle of the week. Sometimes cities here even move Trick or Treat to Saturday night, will have to check on that, and buy some candy. That's dangerous, always end up with way too much left over. Will have to chase around random kids at 7:50pm with remaining candy HERE, TAKE THISSSSS, GET IT AWAY FROM MEEEE!
    We'll see about the pic. Yeah, it's weird to have it in the middle of the week. Feels like Holidays should be on the weekend or day right next to a weekend (so the weekend can be longer for those that don't work weekends or holidays). I just buy candy for myself. Never had anyone come by on the holiday in any of the places I've lived so far and growing up, parents house is out of town on a dirt road so yeah, no one stopped by there either.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you I'm taking the GRE Thursday. It was pretty spur-of-the-moment for me, but we can compare our ridiculous responses to the essay questions if you want. I think those are so funny.

Anyway!

Overhead squats and front squats are both great Oly lift accessories. I dunno dude, maybe you want to compete with that next. I also hear overhead squatting is one of the best movements to do, just in general, because you need to have so many parts of your body working correctly to manage it.
    Thanks! Yeah, those essays. I should probably do a practice one since haven't done much nonfiction style writing in a fairly long amount of time. Still more worried on the math. Might study today after work. And the schedules are at least posted so I know I have weekends to study too plus I'm often early for work so have a trig book with me.

The lifts are fun and I wanted to try them out myself. I do like overhead squat and maybe it will help as it's quite challenging. Don't see myself competing any time soon since i can't even snatch 65 lbs yet. Plus, the real trouble with competing is the price. I'm struggling to pay off the GRE test and have money just to apply to a college. The half-marathon is delayed for finances too. Competing and doing runs is great fun and I enjoy them but they aren't in the budget currently.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Before I forget again, I did go to the gym after work Wednesday even though I was really tired that day. Had to wait for equipment too and kept yawning. Got through the workout though and opted out on cardio so could go home and get to bed sooner than later. My shifts this week were mixed between morning and afternoon. Was supposed to have weekend off but due to call out, I'm working tomorrow. So, will have to max effort block pulls after work. Wednesday was dynamic upper.

10-24-18

bench 2x8 @ 65, 4x6 @ 75
    close grip bench 1x6 @ 45, 1x6 @ 55, 1x5 @ 65
    push press 1x6 @ 45, 1x6 @ 65, belt 3x5 @ 75
    snatch 1x6 @ 45, 2x5 @ 55
    clean 1x6 @ 65, 2x5 @ 75
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Thanks! Yeah, those essays. I should probably do a practice one since haven't done much nonfiction style writing in a fairly long amount of time. Still more worried on the math. Might study today after work. And the schedules are at least posted so I know I have weekends to study too plus I'm often early for work so have a trig book with me.

The lifts are fun and I wanted to try them out myself. I do like overhead squat and maybe it will help as it's quite challenging. Don't see myself competing any time soon since i can't even snatch 65 lbs yet. Plus, the real trouble with competing is the price. I'm struggling to pay off the GRE test and have money just to apply to a college. The half-marathon is delayed for finances too. Competing and doing runs is great fun and I enjoy them but they aren't in the budget currently.
    You can take a whole practice test online if you want. FWIW, the math is much more like SAT math in that it does not have actual trig on it (at least, nothing more than one or two minimal SOHCAHTOA problems). There is now a lot more data analysis and understanding of charts and graphs that represent experimental data, which is a shift the SAT has also undergone. There's also some probability and a bunch of basic arithmetic/number theory stuff. If I were you (and I was you last week) I'd use the GRE practice tests and study on Khan Academy under their SAT prep section, specifically Data Analysis and some of the basics of Algebra 2. Ugh, but yeah, the stupid test is expensive and it does cost so much just to apply to schools. Our country is horrible and I hate it.

Nice workout though! If you can do 5 x 55 snatches (right in a row??) I'm sure 65 is very close. Nice cleans, too. Doing sets of five feels like a lot for those explosive lifts. The trainer I work with usually has me taper off to sets of 3 pretty fast.

Ayyy push press again. Does the belt help and if so, how?
    --Hubert Humphrey

You can take a whole practice test online if you want. FWIW, the math is much more like SAT math in that it does not have actual trig on it (at least, nothing more than one or two minimal SOHCAHTOA problems). There is now a lot more data analysis and understanding of charts and graphs that represent experimental data, which is a shift the SAT has also undergone. There's also some probability and a bunch of basic arithmetic/number theory stuff. If I were you (and I was you last week) I'd use the GRE practice tests and study on Khan Academy under their SAT prep section, specifically Data Analysis and some of the basics of Algebra 2. Ugh, but yeah, the stupid test is expensive and it does cost so much just to apply to schools. Our country is horrible and I hate it.

Nice workout though! If you can do 5 x 55 snatches (right in a row??) I'm sure 65 is very close. Nice cleans, too. Doing sets of five feels like a lot for those explosive lifts. The trainer I work with usually has me taper off to sets of 3 pretty fast.

Ayyy push press again. Does the belt help and if so, how?
    Thanks. Yeah, it's 5 in a row at 55 per set but I haven't been able to get 65 for 1 rep. Need to get a new gym bag so I can bring my .5 plates. Haven't replaced all of the equipment quite yet that had been stolen at the beginning of the year. Might help to be able to increase 1 lb at a time instead of 10. Honestly not sure how the belt helps with the push press but figure bracing probably helps so why not try and use it then too.

As for GRE, I do have a book (think it's Kaplan) from the library. Just haven't gotten to the math part in the book. Need to find time to get to work on that. Doesn't help with working 6 days a week. Might also do a couple of practice essays over the next couple of weeks too. Have seen practice tests and done just some practice questions, it's hit or miss for me. Though on the prep for the pharmacy tech test I didn't do the greatest on the practice test and still passed the test the first time so who knows how it will go. Plus, I took off 3 days for the test, the two leading up to it, so will have time to prepare leading up to it too.

Made it to gym after work. Did warm up with squats/good morning before getting into the pulls. Tried out rows with the same set up as the pulls with the two stacked plates on each side plus still had chalk on the hands. Felt a little better since didn't have to do from the floor.

Max Effort - block pulls 10-27-18

squat 1x8 @ 95, 2x8 @ 115
    good morning 1x8 @ 95, 2x8 @ 115
    block pull 1x8 @ 135, 1x6 @ 185, belt 1x5 @ 225, chalk 1x3 @ 245, 1x2 @ 265, 1x2 @ 275, 1x1 @ 285
    pendlay rows off plates 3x5 @ 95 with chalk (leftover)

Thank goodness, I don't work tomorrow. Have the 1 day off then another 6 days working in a row with random shifts (morning/close). So much going on and I'm beyond stressed. Trying not to pull my hair out or cry at times. Hopefully will be worth it in the long run and can maybe get some time off or something.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Cool, sounds like you have a good plan for your test prep. Taking those days off is going to help with stress, too, I bet, since your job sounds really frustrating!

I agree with your plan on adding weight in small increments. With snatches it can be like that... it goes from easy to NOPE really fast, at least for me. I think it's the dynamic nature of the movement. Because, yeah, if you can do 5 at 55, 65 should be doable for sure.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Cool, sounds like you have a good plan for your test prep. Taking those days off is going to help with stress, too, I bet, since your job sounds really frustrating!

I agree with your plan on adding weight in small increments. With snatches it can be like that... it goes from easy to NOPE really fast, at least for me. I think it's the dynamic nature of the movement. Because, yeah, if you can do 5 at 55, 65 should be doable for sure.
    Hope so but need to actually do it. Plans area easier to make than to follow.

Walked to gym for max effort bench. Since did flat last time, went for incline bench this week even though I haven't done that one much in the past. Went decent overall. After I was tired and hungry. I've been hungry lately even though definitely not on deficit calories. Don't have much food though. Finances are a bit tight, which is more of the stress source than anything else right now. The extra work days will help at least.

Max Effort 10-28-18 Incline

bench 45 1x8, 65, 2x6, 75 1x6, 85 1x3, 95 2x1
    lat pull down 85 3x8
    cable curls 50 3x8 bar
    face pulls 70 3x8 rope
    tricep push down 80 3x8 bar
    cable abs 90 3x15
    cardio - walk to/from gym
    Last edited by Fiction2Fitness; 10-28-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Well... I had hoped to work a little less leading up to the test but that's not working out in my favor. Instead, I am working 6 days a week (6 days in a row with sunday off) and today another store had call outs so were desperate. So I did my shift then did extra hours at the other store for basically a 12 hour day. And it's just day 1 of 6 in a row for this week. My feet are already tired.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    T=Sorry, I'm trying to catch up lol, what's the GRE test?

Sucks about having to work so many shifts when you need time to revise/practice.
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is your store always super busy? If not, you cold make some flash cards to help study during downtime.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    T=Sorry, I'm trying to catch up lol, what's the GRE test?

Sucks about having to work so many shifts when you need time to revise/practice.
    The GRE is a test that is required for most Grad school programs. There is a general test that is logic/vocab/math/essay based. Some programs also require subject based sections but luckily what I'm applying for only requires the general test.

Doesn't help I have a work ethic where I rarely say no to shifts and never call out...

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Is your store always super busy? If not, you cold make some flash cards to help study during downtime.
    Pretty much the store is always busy. In retail pharmacy we don't have any down time really and we only take our lunch break (which is 30 minutes) and not the other breaks that we technically should take but I never liked taking anyways as resting periodically was more ache-inducing than just pushing through. Our only slow time is sometimes Saturday and Friday night after sun down due to the area nearby and the sabbath. It's study before/after, on day off and I'm listening to essays/nonfiction on the commute since it takes almost an hour each way to get to work. Probably going to head in early today. Don't have food at home anyways for lunch so get some studying in before the shift as I work close today and morning tomorrow.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty much the store is always busy. In retail pharmacy we don't have any down time really and we only take our lunch break (which is 30 minutes) and not the other breaks that we technically should take but I never liked taking anyways as resting periodically was more ache-inducing than just pushing through. Our only slow time is sometimes Saturday and Friday night after sun down due to the area nearby and the sabbath. It's study before/after, on day off and I'm listening to essays/nonfiction on the commute since it takes almost an hour each way to get to work. Probably going to head in early today. Don't have food at home anyways for lunch so get some studying in before the shift as I work close today and morning tomorrow.
    Many many moons ago I worked as a tech for CVS in Detroit. My "home store" was what we called a slow mover, rarely busy, never more than one pharmacist and one tech. We basically had a lunch crowd rush and a driving-home-from-work rush. The rest of the time I was bored out of my mind and would inventory, dust, and watch the pharmacist play on her phone (I wasn't allowed to, of course). I also put about 20 hours a week in at another location, we called that one a "fast mover". 2-3 pharmacists and 3-6 techs 24/7 and always backed up, always crowded, always a zoo. The fast mover also got robbed somewhat frequently, which was fun.

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The GRE is a test that is required for most Grad school programs. There is a general test that is logic/vocab/math/essay based. Some programs also require subject based sections but luckily what I'm applying for only requires the general test.

Doesn't help I have a work ethic where I rarely say no to shifts and never call out...
    Ah, thanks for explaining I hope you manage to get some time to revise. I'm pretty bad at saying no to extra work too :/
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Many many moons ago I worked as a tech for CVS in Detroit. My "home store" was what we called a slow mover, rarely busy, never more than one pharmacist and one tech. We basically had a lunch crowd rush and a driving-home-from-work rush. The rest of the time I was bored out of my mind and would inventory, dust, and watch the pharmacist play on her phone (I wasn't allowed to, of course). I also put about 20 hours a week in at another location, we called that one a "fast mover". 2-3 pharmacists and 3-6 techs 24/7 and always backed up, always crowded, always a zoo. The fast mover also got robbed somewhat frequently, which was fun.
    It varies between the different stores for sure. This location used to be a 24 hour pharmacy along with the store but now the store is still no close but pharmacy closes at nine. Though we are busy enough we at least get 2 pharmacists weekdays though 1 pharmacist weekends (but 2 techs which is better than the other ones that get just 1 on weekends). We don't get much theft though, not compared to the Hollywood store where they thought it was a good idea to have a door by liquor... That was more when I was on the floor and not in pharmacy though, in charge of electronics so yeah, theft often from there too even locked items. Though CVS: who thought of the classical music for the phone system? I guess it sounded like a nice idea but we are on hold for so long and their hold music makes me want to fall asleep.

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Ah, thanks for explaining I hope you manage to get some time to revise. I'm pretty bad at saying no to extra work too :/
    Study (not revise though I should probably write my essays for the application soon so can revise that).

And for those that don't have my IG, here are the pictures from today (costume and accessory):

2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

I think in some idioms, "revise" does mean study. British English and maybe some other English-speaking non-American countries?

I FEEL YOU on application essays, though. Ugh, yeah, that's a lot. Woof.

BTW that is a fantastic costume. Mirin.
    --Hubert Humphrey

I think in some idioms, "revise" does mean study. British English and maybe some other English-speaking non-American countries?

I FEEL YOU on application essays, though. Ugh, yeah, that's a lot. Woof.

BTW that is a fantastic costume. Mirin.
    Yeah, probably. I haven't heard of that one in particular but I can't know them all. Though having been an editor, it's hard to think of it as a different task. Worked on newspaper and even a little unpaid internship with a small publisher for a bit. Which just reminds me how much editing I need to do on novels, that and write up some new chapters cause the novel I want to submit needs a chapter with the boy in a dress (me thinks). Ah so much to do always.

Thanks. The costume went pretty well. Today the store manager joked and "welcomed" me cause it wasn't me yesterday. Long as he amuses himself I suppose. Two more shifts then I get a day off so I can go to the library and maybe do a practice test. I should have gone to the gym after work but instead came home and have been cleaning. Did get emails to potential recommenders. Running out of time to get all of the elements I need. Next on the major list is the transcripts. *sighs*
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Struggles...

I tried to re-add a program I found as the only writing/document on my mac is Scrivener, which is great for writing novels but not something to use for submitting essays or resumes. I had Pages '08 for Mac and added it back on, but haven't been able to use it as the typing comes off white on it. Trying to change the font to black doesn't work. The teal looks pinkish, purple shows teal and blue is an actual blue-ish color. I can't figure out how to get the font right on it.

Which reminds me, I need to redo an entire resume. Don't have one since my computer crashed last year and haven't been able to add back most of the items. Don't have the key code for Doc, so have struggled to get things back into place document wise. Plus don't think I had pharmacy tech on the previous edition of the resume. So much to do. Might need to start breathing in a paper bag...
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Google Docs are free and are almost the same as MS products and will be cloud stored so you won't lose in a crash.

Google Docs are free and are almost the same as MS products and will be cloud stored so you won't lose in a crash.
    I actually have docs so I can put my workouts on my phone when I forget my notebook. I just don't think of creating new documents on my laptop when I need something like a resume or essay. I know you can send links and share them but at same time I'm not all that tech savvy like how to submit it on an application form unless it's saved to the actual computer.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

You can download google docs in .docx format even if you don't have Word on your computer... I'm pretty sure. Try it! It makes resumes and so on really easy.
    --Hubert Humphrey

So much I could post about as have been working and all kinds of stress. Worked 3 weeks in a row 6 days per week. Had a headache for the past week off and on each day. Didn't go to the gym for 2 weeks either but finally made it in as took some days off from work to use up PTO and prepare for GRE test.

Yesterday - squats
    walked to and from gym

squat 1x8 @ 65, 2x7 @ 115, 3x6 @ 135, belt 1x4 @ 165
    good morning 3x8 @ 135 (felt heavy)
    overhead squat 1x8 @ 45, 2x5 @ 65
    deadlift 1x8 @ 135, sumo/conv 1x5 @ 175, belt conv 2x5 sumo 1x5 @ 195

Upper/Oly - today
    walked to and from gym

push press 1x8 @ 45, 2x6 @ 65, 3x5 @ 75
    snatch 3x5 @ 45
    clan 1x6 @ 65, 2x5 @ 75

GRE test is tomorrow.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Oh man, I hope your GRE went well! Fingers crossed for you. You can also look up the score ranges for the programs you're applying to to see where yours fall and plan from there. It's nice that they now give you your numerical scores, though not the essays, immediately.

Good mornings felt heavy to you? Don't you usually GM like, more than your squat weight or something insane I can't even imagine? Either way, go team push press and clean.

I'm sorry to hear about your headache. Stress can make that worse, too, which suuuuucks.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Aww no gym for two weeks?! :'( I hope you kicked ass on the test!
    Current PRs: