Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)

Chapter 2 - Bench

Chapter 2 - Bench

elliptical warm up for 10 minutes

Bench 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 2x6 @ 90 and 2x5 @ 95

pull up 2x1.5 and 1x1-ish, chin up 1x2.5 - slow progress
    db bench press 3x10 @ 30

db fly 3x10 @ 25
    one db row 3x9 @ 40

cable bicep curl 3x10 @ 55
    face pull 3x9 @ 60

pallof press 3x10 @ 35

Rather long day, yesterday, when I did the lifting. Went before work and didn't take too long so even had time to get creamer and stop home instead of heading straight to work afterwards. However, out internet wasn't working after halting the night before but was too late then to do anything. We figured out the restart on the router and it came back up right before I had to leave for work. So much to do at work since it's near the end of the month and we get our candy freight along with some grocery on Saturdays. We had long carts full of candy and that wasn't counting the huge totes stacked taller than me (not that it takes a whole lot to achieve that but still). We got through some but not much. I also am talented and graceful... I'm one of the few who can lift the heavy containers so I was getting some down to work out, moving to a smaller cart in order to take out of the stockroom. Well, I managed to graze my head, which didn't think anything of at first. Turns out the bottom of the tote scraped my scalp, which is a bit visible on the persistent center part as my hair is rather thin. Tiny bit of blood plus aches some. Had stuff at home for cuts so figured I'd wait, then couldn't find it once I got home last night. Asked roommate this morning so it was found only to discover the ointment needed is expired. Still aches a little bit and showering will happen soon but isn't going to be tad painful.

I also have a bump on my right hip where it really hurt doing hip thrusts Sunday, so I'm gong to skip those tonight in favor of something else and later in the week, ask they get a padding for the bar. Oh and to add to the aches, right hand is acting up a little bit. Not like when I could barely hold a coffee pot but just a bit annoyed/achey.

Yeah, fun times.

Hoping on my days off from work to go look into uniform and lifting belt. Want to check in person first before considering online and haven't had enough time off from work over the last week. Meet is 7 weeks away.

*Gets "Final Countdown" song prepared in advance*
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chapter 2: Deadlifts

low bar squat 2x10 @ 45, 1x6 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115, 3x5 @ 140

Deadlift 1x5 @ 135, 1x5 @ 155, 2x6 @ 170 and 2x5 @ 180

leg press 3x8 @ 225
    attempted to do calves a little after each set

cable kick back 3x 8 @ 40
    pallof press 3x10 @ 30
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

First the lifting, then I'll post some other rambles later. Forgot my notebook again so need to work on that so I know what I'm supposed to lift. Right hand is acting up so can be pained not so much from holding the bar but just moving it a certain way. Went okay lifting at least though ached more when I was trying to sleep. Anyways, starting the next chapter/week in the peak attempt.

Chapter 3: OHP

elliptical warm up for 10 minutes
    band pulls 3x10 yellow band

OHP 2x8 @ 45, 1x6 @ 55, 3x5 @ 70

pull up 3x1.5 and chin up 1x2
    tri push down 3x10 @ 70 - one time with bar and 2 sets with the rope

pendlay with straps 3x5 @ 115 - meh. Can tell I haven't done these in a while. Need to work on form and tried straps just cause hand is acting up right now.

pallof press 3x10 @ 35
    chair abs 3x9 BW

Not bad overall. Next up is lots of cleaning, some cooking and a little computer work. Maybe write later tonight.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Productivity and Pondering

Days off are nice because I can be productive in other things. Usually it means doing dishes and laundry. I was going to do laundry today but one of the roommates ended up using the machines so will need to do that tomorrow. While I didn't do some of the things I had planned, cleaning mostly. I did get other stuffs done.

I have one blog post scheduled for in the morning and 2 others started for my Fiction and Fitness blog. Trying not to ignore my blogs over on blogger in March.

Finished 2 newsletters for the writing site that I help moderate and just in time because like 30+ minutes after finishing the second one, they all were sent out.

Divided candy into single serving bags. Mostly gummy bears, worms, strawberry puffs and watermelon slices. All non-dairy ones and all of which, one bag is 130 calories. I have way too much candy in the house but having the servings divided with calorie counts will help cause normally if I open a bag of gummy worms or bears, I'm going to eat the whole flacking thing even though it's more than one serving per bag. Now, I just have to make sure I only open one bag. hehe I also have chocolate stuff that will be put together and into a separate bag so I can have chocolate on my very few dairy days.

Updated a forum that I run on the writing web site as well that deals with writing and other goals. We do monthly based sometimes, in particular during November because that is National Novel Writing Month, but other times I do extended goals. Right now we are having spring goals posted which include health and fitness for the few in the group taking part.

I thought about writing in the novels but didn't do any really. Considering some decisions for the adult side and need to pick which ones to launch at the end of summer if I go that route.

Aside from the writing thoughts and slight productivity, I have a ramble on the calorie side of things that I need to consider.

One thing I need to work on, for sure, is the calorie side of things. I've been trying to keep to a small deficit as I spent a good part of a year trying to lose 1-1.5 lbs a week. So, bringing it up some has been a nice break. However, I've gotten snacky lately and haven't had much of a deficit. With summer coming and the meed in less than 7 weeks, time to buckle down a little on this end.

Right now I'm a little unsettled on a final weight goal. I do know in the short term that I would like to be under 132 for the meet and eventually want to be under 125, which is the upper end of the "healthy" weight range based on my height.

From there am not sure what route to take. I would like to gain muscle as I need more overall. One option would be recomp since I am starting from the higher end of the range once I make it that far. Eating around maintenance still qualifies as a nice change of pace and while the results would be slow, they still count as results.

Other option would be bulk and cut cycles. This has appeal cause bulk, mmm... Okay, realistic it would still be a slow one with intentions to gain just a little at a time but still it's quite nice in comparison to the calorie deficit. However, I am not sure of the best starting point for such. I have never done a bulk before and don't know how low I should get my weight to before switching. So, it has appeal but also uncertain if it would be the best route though definitely comes with some perks.

Unsettled thus far so I'm just rambling at this point. First thing first: getting ready for the meet and summer. Working on prepping ahead of time more, planning out what I'll eat in advance and trying out IF just to see if it will work well in my schedule as I find it harder to keep to my calories if I'm eating food between 9/10 am and midnight. Might help to narrow the window down some for food consumption. Though I work 2-10:30, so will be interesting to see how work days go. Trial period right now as I know in the end it's all the total calories.

Bed soon so can get ready for 2nd day off from work in a row, assuming I don't get called in (which I should always mention when celebrating days off cause it just might happen). Need to adult, budget, laundry, squats/run, and maybe go to sports nutrition store. Living the dream...
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Alright, lifted today and did a short run outside. Do think having squats on just energy drink/snack and nothing else. Will lift later in day after foods next week for squat day.

Chapter 3: Squats

elliptical for 10 minutes warm up
    band pulls for shoulders before warm up squat sets

Squats 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 135, 4x4 @ 160 - okay but rather slow

Overload/Walkout 1x 15 count @ 230

Pause Squats 2x4 @ 110 for 8 count

good morning 3x10 @ 85

sumo deadlift 1x5 @ 135 and 3x5 @ 180

30+ minute jog outside at the park. Didn't quite do the full playlist, which was about 40 minutes. Some rain but at least not a downpour.

My right hand is bothering me but not so much during lifting but other points in my day. Even when sleeping. Might need to use one of my braces for a little bit and see if that helps. No diagnosis but it acts up like this on the rare occasion but shouldn't be a problem for too long.

Now to get other things done today. Laundry is started, blog posts are started, novel awaiting and all kinds of fun. Also, on a plus note. Scale showed 133.6 instead of the previous 134.8 that I'd had for a little bit. However, body is considering time of month, it takes a bit to figure out what it's doing and when, so that might include some fluctuations this week. We'll see how it goes. Looking up belts and singlets as think in person isn't going to be as easy to find in more options. Need to get some next pay check for sure.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Cue headache...

Belt unless found local would take 5-6 weeks to ship and the meet is under 7 weeks away. Singlets are a must and trying to find a decent one and understand the different measurements has led to a headache. Bodyweight puts me at around a medium. Waist measurement for some put me around an XL but the chest and such measurements would be way too big. I'm short with excess fat around my midsection so my waist measurement (not at the smallest cause the smallest part is actually my belly button but the area right above it) is 36 inches. Also there is the issue of larger sizes being too long if going with men/unisex cause some of them just look long in the leg area based on the images posted.

At least laundry is getting done, if nothing else.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Doing better now despite the hours of searching and such. Have a few singlet options and an option for a lifting belt that ships faster, so can wait until get paid as I'm on a tight budget. Just need to make sure the singlet material works for the APA rules.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

No workouts until Saturday so I can just ramble and what not. So, let's start with the fun and update on the writing.

I had two newsletters do for a writing website that I help moderate. They had to be done Tuesday night at the very latest because they come out Wednesday but on eastern time and it can be anytime after midnight so sometimes I get them Tuesday night really late and other times it's not until morning or mid day on Wednesday. This time, I finished my two in the evening Pacific time then took a shower (on Tuesday of course) and like just over half an hour after finishing the second, they were sent out. Phew, done in time but barely. I do need to work on getting them partially done in advance since Sunday-Monday is busy for me and that is when they should be done. Will work on that, maybe.

Novels: Until today, I haven't written much for the past several days in any novel. Before work I have finally been adding stuff to chapter 18 in North West. Getting into the drag bar chapter and hope to get things going well so can get to the end of the novel this month. Pondering options on the adult side but not sure on any of that yet. So, focus is still finish the YA and hopefully I won't have a 9 days in a row of working. Need to make the plunge and submit TT. Might make it the goal for next days off.

Did also get a blog post up and I'm putting together posts for my blog about the powerlifting meet and my training. So that should keep me in regular posting with content on Fiction and Fitness until at least after the meet.

Non-writing, aka how I spent yesterday... research. I need to get the singlet for sure. That is a must so I spent part of yesterday sitting here at the computer looking up my options as I need it here in time to practice while wearing the thing. Have options but on a budget right now so need to wait until next week for after pay day since the bulk of this last one went to rent. In about a week, will have a little spare funds to spend on the singlet and maybe even a belt as found a sufficient one that will ship faster than 4 weeks.

One thing I finally paid attention to in relation to the meet: weigh in times. I looked up just in case I needed to take more than Sunday off, as that is when the women and teens lift. Turns out, I better request Saturday off as well. I had wondered when the weigh-ins were and couldn't remember from when I signed up. Saturday lifters can weigh in Friday morning or evening. Sunday lifters (so, when I'm competing), well, we have to weigh in Saturday at 5-7pm.

Yep. Need to make weight after 5 pm.

Scale showed 133 today, even with hormones coming into play right now, but that was a morning weight. Will have to weigh in the afternoon on my day off before eating to see how things are looking as the weeks progress. I wasn't going to do any water drops or anything like that, just following my already in a deficit, so doesn't change much. Being borderline gives a little anxiety as I'll either be at the top of the weight class or at the very bottom. hmmm

Also, first work day attempting IF. Have slight bouts of hunger but also nausea and such cause time of month does that for me. We will have to see how it goes. Need to pack my food now and get ready for work. Freight day, so I'll be busy at least.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

More lifting over the weekend. Both done after work instead of going in before, which was okay because needed fuel for things like deadlift. Closer gym isn't too bad after work and less people though this weekend there was someone else there after 11 pm at both locations. Different than the usual.

Chapter 3: Bench

band pull warm ups 3x10

Bench 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 1x6 @ 85 and 4x4 @ 100 - went okay but tad slow at times. Maybe next weekend I will go before work and see if the staff person can do a hand off so I can practice that instead of getting the bar myself each set as the meet will involve that unless I request to not have anyone help.

pull ups 3x1 barely, struggled with them this time, and chin ups 1x2 both on the smith machine
    db bench press 3x6 @ 35

db fly 3x10 @ 25
    one db row 3x10 @ 40

face pull 3x10 @ 60
    pallof press 3x10 @ 35

Chapter 3: Deadlift

low bar squat 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115 and 3x5 @ 145 - feels heavy when doing low bar versus high bar

Deadlift 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 165, 4x4 @ 190

leg press 3x10 @ 225

cable kick back 3x10 @ 40
    hanging ab chair thing 2x10
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Writing and a List

Not much writing progress as of late but getting somewhere. I got some writing done on Friday, back when I tried doing the two different yoga classes in one morning. However, it was in a notebook since I'd left my netbook computer at home cause 8 am and me don't always get along. I don't write with a pen often as it tends to bother my hand and had to take breaks but sometimes in a novel when stalled on a chapter, it's a nice little change of pace.

The downside of notebook and pen is what feels like a lot of words, when typed up tends to be far less. However, when adding it into scrivener, I can edit and add, so the overall amount is decent. Not quite done with chapter 18 but getting closer. Getting some troubles involved with a few more to come before the height of the conflict hits.

Nothing else going on besides work and gym. I should have the next two days off, assuming no one calls me since morning cashier has been sick the last two days. We'll see. If I do get the days off then yay. And Thursday is pay day, so almost time to get some important things since I had to work a little on the finances lately.

On the plus side, keeping to a budget has worked even though I had a little more to spare than I set myself up on spending wise. Just good to cut back on the random junk purchases at work though still buy stuff at times. Will be able to do the last of the major purchases either this pay check or the next as one item can wait technically. Plus, have bills and other adulting stuff to handle and of course, food. mmm food

Anyways, I like to make lists so here is a list in relation to the meet.

Things need purchased or done:

1. Singlet - can't compete without one
    -- Ordered a simple asic one from amazon using giftcard from grandma but will probably order another brand from a different site. Should have both weeks before meet, so can practice in them but just in case, good to have two different sources coming in case one has shipping issues.

2. Belt
    - Not as important but would be nice. One I wanted in particular won't ship in time but I found a different one that has a short ship time, so if mail goes well could be here with time to use it in the gym. Pesky waiting for pay day.

3. APA membership
    -- More important than belt as can't compete without but can be purchased at the meet even so can be fit in when works with my small budget. It's not that expensive for the year membership, so not as big of a deal as some of the other things that depending seller could have been rather pricey.

4. Rack height for squats
    - Need to know what height to provide at the meet. I am not sure how it is measured so I might email the person listed on the site and inquire as I've never had to measure the thing before. Have seen the rack they use (watched the one meet) so it adjusts, which was kind of interesting to see. I do high bar, which is not quite the norm but I'm also short so need to figure out what height I need before getting to the meet.

5. Buddy to come watch
    -- Not vital but it would be nice. Aside from the friendly factors and encouragement, would help to have someone there to keep track of the stuffs and film my attempts. I have some people who I know would like to see me lift (family but also some online) and can't really do it myself. Just also nice to not do everything alone too. I posted on ******** as I keep that for just friends and family but no one taking up the offer yet. One coworker would have liked to see me lift but she's not keen on spending a whole day in a gym and just now got her first cell phone so isn't comfortable with technology in general. Other coworkers might consider but it's hard to get a coworker/friend to come since someone has to work so I can have the days off. I would like my stepdad to come since he hasn't seen where I live but would probably be awkward if I just asked him as my dad or mom might want to come and yeah, just that family stuffs. Everyone gets along but still always that tread soft question and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. And they all live in different states.

6. Weight
    - Hoping for 132 class. A little anxious about the 5 pm weigh in but have under 6 weeks and current weight is 133 so probably not too challenging since I'm working in a deficit (not very large but still) during these weeks. Should see 132 soon and hopefully by the meet that will be a pm weight.

That's all I can think of for now. Next up is chapter 4 so should have upper body and squats in the next couple of days.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Chapter 4: OHP

warm up was 10 minutes on elliptical and 3x10 band pull aparts

OHP 2x8 @ 45, 1x6 @ 60, 4x4 @ 75

pull ups 3x1 - still not yet at 2 reps at all, chin ups 1x3 - woot, one more rep!
    tricep push down 4x10 @ 70

bicep curl 3x10 @ 25ish - ez curl bar plus 10
    shoulder press 3x8 @ 50 - 25 per side, tried it just for fun

pendlay rows with straps 3x8 @ 95 - much better form this time with the lower weight though still a few eh reps.

30 minutes jog on treadmill

Positive notes so far today: No work. Don't know if coworker is still sick or not but I didn't get called in today. We'll see if that's the same for tomorrows. I did lift mid-afternoon, didn't eat until after lifting, and that was all fine. Had a couple short conversations at the gym so it's interesting cause not many are there ever but nice to be approachable without being interrupted much either. IF going okay thus far and will assess more after a week+ trying the approach.

Down side: looked into an order I placed over a month ago and according to the tracking it was delivered on Feb 4. I do not have said items so nope, not delivered. Email sent on that one. I have another questionable shipment from a small clothing site and their website has been down for over a week so may not be getting that tank top ever. Small loss on the financial side but bummer about lacking the fun fitness tank top. The protein order is a bigger issue so we'll have to see how it goes. Seemed weird so I have to either wonder about the shipment getting picked up by someone else or what else might be the issue. We always have someone around the apartment so failed shipping seems suspicious. hmmm If only could find the ready to drink beef protein local. Oh well. Will await responses and see what happens.

Singlet shipped and should arrive Friday. Looking at getting other stuff online in near future. Now to get to writing and working on writing web site stuffs.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Registered User Misslittlebeast's Avatar
    Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Misslittlebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    I'm not known around here or anything but think it's a good time for me to start a journal thread. While my username sounds a little like I'm trying to go from fiction to fitness, it's actually because I write fiction and take part in fitness activities. I have a blog called Fiction & Fitness but couldn't use the & in my username and for some reasons didn't do fictionandfitness (which is part of the blog url) and instead added the 2. Fiction2Fitness is also my username now on instagram, though I am still trying to figure that site out. Friendly warning: I tend to ramble...

Hi there.

I go by Dawn (Dawn Embers is my pen name and used online including a writing web site that I moderate in my spare time). I write different types of fiction ranging from young adult contemporary, to differing fantasy and sci-fi concoctions all the way to romance and erotica, which are under a different pen name. On the fitness side, I lift weights and do a little running. Work in retail, mostly dealing with photo and the grocery part of the store cause photo is in charge of grocery. Have a bachelor's degree in whole lot of nonsense (okay, 3 minors as one major plus an extra minor, it was called integrated studies). Not too much special but like to dream and push for more.

Stats:
    Female
    Height: 4'11.5"
    Weight: 137

1RM: bench 110 / squat 195 / deadlift 225 / ohp 85
    5k time: 28:24
    10k time: 57:19

First drafts in progress: 5+
    Novels to edit/rewrite: 4
    Ready to submit: 1 novel

History:
    Grew up playing sports that included basketball, volleyball, track, softball and a few others. However, always struggled due to not being in enough shape and always being overweight. First exposure to lifting came from track because I wasn't interested in running but instead did shot put and discus, so part of training included lifting. Back then, in small town wyoming, we didn't lift for basketball or volleyball, which were my two main sports in junior high and the very beginning of high school. Took one lifting class in college where I did mostly machine work and leg press, avoiding squats as I'd never had to do them and had issues with my knees.

In the beginning of September, 2014, I started to watch my calories and added walking with fitness goals in mind. Back then I weighed 211, though it wasn't at my heaviest. I started slow, just trying to get a little more and soon was walking every day and making bigger goals. I joined the gym at the end of October and started Stronglifts in the beginning of November.

Started low, as required, and worked my way up during the 12 weeks I followed SL. After that, I switched to New Rules of Lifting for Women in part because my stepsister had given me the book as a gift for Christmas and also because I was ready to step out of my comfort zone. That it certainly managed to achieve because it was different. Did the program but skipped stage 6 in order to get back to working on my deadlift and wasn't all that interested in pull ups. Followed it by SL influenced attempt with 3 sets of 5 reps and a couple accessories aside from the main lifts until I decided on my next program.

In September 2015, I started PHUL. It is my current program. The plan at the moment is to continue until at least June before evaluating progress and considering any changes.

The fitness has been great along with the eating better, which helped me lose 70 lbs. However, my writing took a bit of a back seat in 2015. I'm going to spend 2016 trying to do more of both and a journal seems like a good method for keeping track plus having that accountability. And to be honest, the threads on Sparkpeople where I'm in a writing group don't quite help since weight lifting isn't very prominent there. This gives me a place to post about everything in one spot.

The less fun details:
    Had knee problems that started in 6th grade basketball. Injured back, right hip, elbow and wrist in different years in bowling. Yep, bowling. Elbow was in college during practice then bowled in 3 tournaments in one weekend cause I'm smart like that. Back was one I tried to take care of after injury, however was diagnosed with arthritis in lower back at age 24. Basically, I'm cautious and have to be aware of potential limitations and not let form slip. However, ever since learning to squat, no knee problems. They ache a little during long runs and with lunges, but that's it. Food wise, I have a mild allergy to dairy. I can have it on occasion but if I consume it often, then I break out and itch all over, which is quite unpleasant. Working on hitting protein and such but I'll ramble on nutrition in a future post.

I also like cats, penguins, attempt to bento, bake and hope to get back into painting along with learning to sew more. But first, writing and lifting.

OMG someone close to my age & height!!! I'm 4'8, 28 years old and at my heaviest 98 pounds... My goal for my next bulk after competing in April is 105-110 pounds... My plan is to bulk from June (I'm giving myself May to get used to eating again after cutting for 4 months) February (8 months) than start leaning out again and compete again in June...
    Right now I'm 5 weeks out of my first figure show and 87-86 pounds... Thinking I'll step on stage at 80-78 pounds... So this would mean to hit 105-110 pounds 8 months later Id have to put on 4 pounds a month, 1 pound a week... I'm a very hard gainer so I think this would be managable for me...

What are your fitness/body goals?!...
    "Look in the mirror, that's your competition..."

First figure show (Class A) April 23,2016 (NCP)!

Originally Posted by Misslittlebeast View Post
    OMG someone close to my age & height!!! I'm 4'8, 28 years old and at my heaviest 98 pounds... My goal for my next bulk after competing in April is 105-110 pounds... My plan is to bulk from June (I'm giving myself May to get used to eating again after cutting for 4 months) February (8 months) than start leaning out again and compete again in June...
    Right now I'm 5 weeks out of my first figure show and 87-86 pounds... Thinking I'll step on stage at 80-78 pounds... So this would mean to hit 105-110 pounds 8 months later Id have to put on 4 pounds a month, 1 pound a week... I'm a very hard gainer so I think this would be managable for me...

What are your fitness/body goals?!...
    Hi there. :-) I've been following your journal. Always fun to see what other people on the lower height range are doing. You always sound confident and in control, which is great. Look forward to each update over in your journal.

Right now I'm training for my first powerlifting meet and still trying to lose some of my fluff. Had been overweight/obese for so long that I don't know what is a good weight for me and eventually would like to gain more muscle but haven't made any final decisions yet. Considering either recomp or bulk options, depending on where I end the cut. Every time my weight decreases, it's the smallest I have ever weighed as an adult, or even a teenager, so it's all new territory for me.

Physique competitions look interesting but for now, focusing on lifting heavy weights and seeing how things go with my body. But definitely want to gain muscle in the future.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Quick extra update:

Chapter 18, while rocky in transitions and such, is complete in North West. Well, it's a first draft so it's all rocky and terrible as that's the point of the first draft, get the story down and fix it later. Finally finished that chapter and am able to move on with the novel. I started chapter 19 and the novel now has over 51,000 words. Making progress.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job on the workouts and you seem to have a knack for getting everything else done, too! Which I am not so good at

1. Singlet - can't compete without one
    -- Ordered a simple asic one from amazon using giftcard from grandma but will probably order another brand from a different site. Should have both weeks before meet, so can practice in them but just in case, good to have two different sources coming in case one has shipping issues.
    I can recommend this site if you're looking for another option. I have a couple of singlets, but I usually wind up wearing the basic black one I got here. They also offer them in a "woman's cut" style, which is nice and fits me fairly well.
    http://www.orders.customsinglets.com...tudio/design-1

4. Rack height for squats
    - Need to know what height to provide at the meet. I am not sure how it is measured so I might email the person listed on the site and inquire as I've never had to measure the thing before. Have seen the rack they use (watched the one meet) so it adjusts, which was kind of interesting to see. I do high bar, which is not quite the norm but I'm also short so need to figure out what height I need before getting to the meet.
    Do you have to give them the information ahead of time? That may be something they'll figure out at the meet for you with the competition rack. I compete in a fed with a monolift, and they'll have everyone go up and figure out their rack height in the mono before the meet starts.

5. Buddy to come watch
    That's definitely nice to have! I've done a couple of meets without specifically having someone there with me, and it is more fun (and easier) to have a friend / helper. People are really good about helping each other at PL meets though. I've handed my phone off to total strangers in the audience to record my lifts, and everyone has been really nice about it. And I've just randomly grabbed other lifters for bench hand-offs and assistance warming up.

And you're in great shape to make your weight class! I'm going to be cutting it way too close for mine, but you're really right on top of where you need to be.

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Great job on the workouts and you seem to have a knack for getting everything else done, too! Which I am not so good at

I can recommend this site if you're looking for another option. I have a couple of singlets, but I usually wind up wearing the basic black one I got here. They also offer them in a "woman's cut" style, which is nice and fits me fairly well.
    http://www.orders.customsinglets.com...tudio/design-1

Do you have to give them the information ahead of time? That may be something they'll figure out at the meet for you with the competition rack. I compete in a fed with a monolift, and they'll have everyone go up and figure out their rack height in the mono before the meet starts.

That's definitely nice to have! I've done a couple of meets without specifically having someone there with me, and it is more fun (and easier) to have a friend / helper. People are really good about helping each other at PL meets though. I've handed my phone off to total strangers in the audience to record my lifts, and everyone has been really nice about it. And I've just randomly grabbed other lifters for bench hand-offs and assistance warming up.

And you're in great shape to make your weight class! I'm going to be cutting it way too close for mine, but you're really right on top of where you need to be.

Thanks for the link on the singlet. For the squat height, they do want to know the morning of the meet. I believe they want the information at the same time as getting your opening numbers. The squat rack they use is kinda neat in how it can be moved to the varying heights. Will probably just email the person listed on the site for inquiries with the meet to see about that and equipment inspection since I'm not sure if that's done at weigh-in or when in general.

They will have someone available on spotting and the hand off, just need to practice it out of the meet cause I usually lift alone. Even when I go lift with my coworker, we do our own things so I don't have anyone unracking the weight in bench usually. Might ask random person in the gym next time just for the practice. But nice to have moral support at the gym along with camera crew and hey can you watch my stuffs.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Well, I forgot my notebook at home that has what I'm supposed to lift in it. Spent a few hours before lifting getting stuff done while at Starbucks just enjoying coffee and a small snack since I don't like doing squats day fasted. Got to gym and there discovered no notebook. I figured out the main squat number and set but was wrong on the overload and pause squats since their progression isn't the same as the main lift. So, I did less weight than supposed to on both but oh well. Important part was hitting those squats, which were super slow for that weight but definitely hitting depth and tried to imagine the squat cues being given since don't have anyone there to yell at me to squat, lol.

Chapter 4: Squats

warm up on elliptical for 10 minuts

Squats 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 135, 155 1x5
    working sets = 170 4x3

overload 230 for 15 count (was supposed to do 240)

pause squats 1x4 @ 110 and 1x4 @ 115 for 8 count each rep (was supposed to do 120 2x3)

good morning 3x10 @ 95

sumo deadlift 1x6 @ 135 and 3x5 @ 185

Decent though had the minor oops on the wrong weights but oh well. Also had a guy comment on how hard I was hitting the squats since that's pretty much all he saw me do during the time there (he left before I did the other things). Yep, it was squat day so that's how it goes.

Yep, I squat on Wednesday.

I also got some online stuff done that I'm super behind in while I was at Starbucks. Reviews sent for a couple of rounds in a contest. I'm doing round 175 for reviews but the contest is on round 193. It's weekly and I'm not the only judge. There are also only 1-2 entries on rounds that even have entries for the most part for the last few months so shouldn't be as hard to get caught up. Just need to get it done.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice job all around, writing and squatting

there should be an app for that, someone to yell at you to do one more rep or cues etc..
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    nice job all around, writing and squatting

there should be an app for that, someone to yell at you to do one more rep or cues etc..
    Exactly! A little shout when an oomph is needed or cue to be like, okay you can lift that stuffs now, you paused long enough. Something. And thanks. :-)

Good news. I got the singlet last night. It's just an asic black one that is the women's cut. Went with the medium and while I'm a bit lumpy it's just how my body shape is right now and it's not completely horrible looking. Might post a picture of it on instagram later today. With the right angle, I looked more flat on the stomach, so interesting, but just with how hold camera/phone. hehe Still, something. I will probably order another singlet this week as a back up from somewhere else to ensure one of them fits the standards and to have more than one to practice with for laundry purposes.

Did a little cardio thursday night but more to film a gym hack thing for instagram after, so just 25 minutes on the elliptical. Didn't run friday because forgot I had promised coworker to drive her to airport. We left at 6:30 in the morning (after I worked close the night before then struggled to sleep) and traffic is okay at that time. However, driving back around Portland after 7 am, that was the long part of the trip. Managed to pick up a thing for work along the way and drop it off, then attempt to nap while roommates were a bit loud and chatty.

Today, I slept in and decided to lift tonight after work instead of before. Less chance of asking someone for a lift off on bench but oh well, there is always next week as that will be even heavier. Think tonight is 105. I have my notebook in my gym bag already. Not forgetting it this time. *is determined* *might forget gym bag all together* *hopes not*

IF is also going well though I will be not doing it on Wednesday because I am meeting with the boys (we have two male cashiers) for sushi and one of them works that day at 4:30. But other than that, even when I don't prepare much ahead of time, I'm doing okay on just coffee before 4 pm. Still sitting at 133 for now but doing better about not getting over 1600 with most days around 1500, so it's a good start. I am a bit hungry around 2pm but I don't mind hungry then cause I have almost all of my calories awaiting, instead of kinda hungry at 11pm with 100-200 leftover, if any. Only been just over a week so we'll keep going and assess more later. It's not true "fasting" since I have the coffee with creamer or an energy drink but eh, close enough.

Orders currently being shipped: 1. protein with caffeine cause reasons, 2. lifting belt (not inzer sadly but next time and went with single buckle for the time being instead of lever), 3. phone case (that will take a long time cause China), 4. FNF compression shorts cause awesome sale and I wanted a pair.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Good news. Singlet came in on Friday, as expected, and does fit. Then on Saturday, pretty much less than 2 days after ordering, the lifting belt came in. They be quick over at the liftinglarge web site. It's a little bigger than I expected but is still within the requirements of the competition as the belt can't be bigger than 4 inches. Forgot how big 4 inches was, lol. Glad I got the large though instead of medium since measurement wise I'm at the top end of the medium listing. Now I have some time to learn how to use it and see if I want to use the belt at the meet or not. It is very pink and will be one of the few things I ever own that is pink. Lifted last night with bench and tonight is deadlifts after work.

Chapter 4: Bench

Bench - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 70, 1x6 @ 95 (heavy)
    working sets - 4x3 @ 105

pull up attempts 3x1 almost at 2, chin ups 1x3
    db bench press 4x5 @ 40

db fly 3x8 @ 25
    one db row 3x8 @ 45

face pull 3x10 @ 60
    pallof press 3x10 @ 35
    Last edited by Fiction2Fitness; 03-14-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo, wrong chapter
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Today I did lifting after work and tried out the lifting belt for the first time. It's a bit bulky as 4 inches is quite large when you don't have a long torso. Need to figure out where to place it for each lift, since going to try it out for both squats and deadlifts, though I did do one working set without first. Went okay though by the time I tried rack pulls my calluses got achy.

Oh, and yesterday was Chapter 4: bench and not 5 yet.

Chapter 4: Deadlift

band pulls 3x10
    low bar squats 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115, 1x5 @ 150 and 2x5 @ 150 with belt

Deadlift 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 185, 1x3 @ 200 and 3x3 @ 200 with belt

hip thrust 3x10 @ 115 using mat as padding, awkward but might increase next time

rack pulls 2x5 @ 205 - eh, hands ached
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Chapter 5 Begins

Now we're on chapter 5 with just under 5 weeks until the meet. Training is going well and bodyweight is a work in progress. Saw 132 for the first time in a morning weigh in so on the right track thus far. Have belt and singlet, so just need to get some use out of them so the meet isn't the first attempts made with such.

Have had a hard time sleeping lately. Last night didn't really sleep until after 4 am so it's good I didn't have work as I stayed in bed past noon. I also ate slightly expired candy at 2 am so went over my calories but oh well. Hope tonight is better. Tomorrow I meet with the male cashiers from work (have 2 that aren't managers, most of the people at work are female except top boss and one pharmacist aside from them) to get sushi before going to do squats. Today gets spent cleaning and hopefully help fight this flea issue until roommate gets the cats the stuff they need. Lots of washing and using stuff on the carpet plus about time to vacuum so we'll call it spring cleaning.

Chapter 5: OHP

Now we're on chapter 5. Did a light warm up on the elliptical since I don't work today. Followed by band pulls between warm up sets of OHP using my yellow resistance band.

OHP 2x10 @ 45, 1x6 @ 65 and 4x3 @ 80

pull ups 3x2ish, almost two per set. I can see above the bar but not get my chin there
    chin ups 1x3, getting closer to 4
    tricep pushdown 4x8 @ 80

incline bench on smith machine 3x5 @ 50 - just the weights counted and tried it out for fun
    pendlay rows with straps 3x5 @ 100

Jogged 30 minutes on treadmill while watching Food Network.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Minor Squat Delay

Squats are postponed for Wednesday (today) and instead will be performed on Thursday (tomorrow) due to headaches and lack of sleep.

Have had an issue with sleep for about a week. Monday night I didn't fall asleep until well around 4 am Tuesday morning. No work and mostly working closes has allowed me to get sleep despite the struggles at night. However, last night I dozed off maybe for an hour between 2 and 3 then could not sleep at all. Had a headache the whole time too.

And due to lack of sleep, I just drank a lot of coffee today.

On the topic of caffeine: I got a package today. Ordered some muscle meds caffeine protein so got a small bag of chocolate and one of coffee. Hoping these are better than the fruit punch protein powder cause my general assessment is beef based protein powder should not taste like fruit punch. Chocolate, on the other hand, was manageable. And now I have some with added caffeine.

For now I'm awaiting a decent bed time hour, so I can go to bed and get some sleep. I would have napped but that would make it harder to sleep tonight and I work the next 5 days. Plus need to get squats done tomorrow after work. Nothing quite like squats on freight day...
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squats are postponed for Wednesday (today) and instead will be performed on Thursday (tomorrow) due to headaches and lack of sleep.

Have had an issue with sleep for about a week. Monday night I didn't fall asleep until well around 4 am Tuesday morning. No work and mostly working closes has allowed me to get sleep despite the struggles at night. However, last night I dozed off maybe for an hour between 2 and 3 then could not sleep at all. Had a headache the whole time too.

And due to lack of sleep, I just drank a lot of coffee today.

On the topic of caffeine: I got a package today. Ordered some muscle meds caffeine protein so got a small bag of chocolate and one of coffee. Hoping these are better than the fruit punch protein powder cause my general assessment is beef based protein powder should not taste like fruit punch. Chocolate, on the other hand, was manageable. And now I have some with added caffeine.

For now I'm awaiting a decent bed time hour, so I can go to bed and get some sleep. I would have napped but that would make it harder to sleep tonight and I work the next 5 days. Plus need to get squats done tomorrow after work. Nothing quite like squats on freight day...
    sorry about the sleep issues - hope you got some last night

I am in the process of almost ordering a belt but am so worried about the 4" width on my 5'1" frame but if are making it work at 4'11" ..

have fun with the squats

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    sorry about the sleep issues - hope you got some last night

I am in the process of almost ordering a belt but am so worried about the 4" width on my 5'1" frame but if are making it work at 4'11" ..

have fun with the squats
    Thanks. I did get some sleep so things got better. The belt is interesting so far as I've only used it a couple of days. It's bulky feeling and if I end up needing a smaller one someday might consider 3 inch instead, but never know until it happens. This one works well enough and is very solid. The single buckle is definitely the way to go on that front though, as I can imagine how 2 would be a challenge to get off.

Did manage to get squats done last night after working freight. It went okay but squats take me the longest to get through. Very heavy too even though it's not at the top numbers yet. Belt went okay for the few sets I used it on. Felt better on high bar than the first attempt on low bar, since it didn't shift during the lift.

Chapter 5: Squats

warmup squats - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 155
    Squats 2x4 @ 170 (one without belt) 2x3 @ 180 - rest with belt and slow

overload 240 for 15 count - Freakin' heavy

pause squats 1x4 @ 120 and 1x3 @ 130 all with 8 count

sumo deadlift 1x6 @ 135 and 3x5 @ 190
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Chapter 5: Bench... aka the first fail of the prep

Yep, today was bench and I failed on my last set. It wasn't so bad as I've failed before at 115 and once on incline bench, which was far more awkward and at a lighter weight. Had to roll of shame it but got it handled well enough. There was one guy there, in the squat rack, and he did actually ask if I was okay. Though he also made a comment about how I should get someone to spot me and such. He later failed on squats and ended up having the safeties a little low (not the best time to discover that factor) but didn't respond when I just asked if he was okay. Do hope he didn't hurt anything cause that would suck. He left after squatting and I finished up my accessories in the empty gym.

band pulls warm up 3x10

Bench warm up 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 70, 1x6 @ 95
    working set 2x4 @ 105, 1x3 and 1x2 @ 110 (last rep failed)

pull ups 3x1.5 and chin ups 1x3
    db bench press 4x5 @ 40

db fly 1x8 @ 30 and 2x10 @ 25 - 30 felt a tad heavy
    one db row 3x8 @ 45

face pull 3x10 @ 60
    pallof press 3x10 @ 35

Overall, okay but tad rough with the fail on 110 as I've done it many times before. Oh well. Onward and carry on with tomorrow being deadlifts.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Chapter 5: Deadlifts

This went better. Lifted after work as usual and it now seems that Sunday night is one guy's upper body night because he was there again. He did foam roll, put on wraps on his knees, some treadmill then upper body lifting. No one else, just the one guy there, so didn't bother my lifting at all as we both had headphones. Got my lifts done but switched hip thrusts for cable kickbacks this time but gym did order a pad for the bar and that should be in soon. (side note - no idea if related but discovered Saturday was lower than usual on carbs for the whole day and 1/3rd of that was after lifting. Wonder if related at all to the struggles lifting. hmmm)

low bar squat - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 135, 3x5 @ 155

Deadlift - 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 185, 2x4 @ 200 and 2x3 @ 210

cable kickbacks 3x10 @ 40
    good mornings with fixed barbell 3x10 @ 60

30 minutes on elliptical watching Food Network

And now for the boo hoo, woe is me and cause kitty images are fun:

Been having some sinus pain, it is on the right side and I feel is sometimes in my teeth. Woke up today and my right sinus is a bit swollen. It's not huge like when I had the allergic reaction (oh that was bad from inhaling dog hair in my sleep cause dad's dog loved my bed) but I can see the difference and feel it. Last day of work before get my days off so this will be a fun shift with part of my face swollen. *le sighs* Good things it's not too bad and if I mus I can get sinus pain relief stuff there but still. A nuisance.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

chipmunk cheeks

Well, hopefully my computer works this time and I can get this posted.

Rough day. *cue image*

Yep, that is me both in snacking prospects and in cheek puffiness. My right sinus thinks something is there that shouldn't be (there might be, long story) so it's attacking and that causes swelling. It's looking better now than it did earlier today to the point I can barely feel it under my eye but for most of the day it was quite puffy. And since I was taking meds periodically through the night and morning, I suspended the IF in order to not taking a punch of pills on empty stomach. I don't have the best foods in my room as it's more where I store what I don't want to share with the roommates, so I have way too much candy while tired. Terrible day eating wise and I struggled some on the lifting at the gym, but made it through. Hoping tomorrow is better as it's Squats, but at least I have the days off from work. I'ma go to bed soon after taking some meds cause sleep and maybe ice pack should help.

Chapter 6: OHP - aka random upper body really

10 minute warm up on elliptical

OHP 2x10 @ 45, 1x6 @ 65 and 3x5 @ 75 - not too heavy but not the lightest either

pull ups 3x1 barely, here was where my arms were just blah. Also 1 set of chin ups for 2ish reps. Talked some with gym owner during this time too about pull ups and such. He showed me a pick of him in his early 20's when he did competitions. Interesting at least.

tricep cable pushdown with rope 3x8 @ 80

bicep cable curl 3x10 @ 40 - gym got a new attachment for cables
    seated row 3x10 @ 70

lateral raises 3x8 @ 10
    around world 3x8 @ 5 - tried just for fun

30 minutes on elliptical. Also managed to hit my bag that had my notebook in it with elliptical pedal and dinged up the front cover. Poor book. Got to watch Chopped so that was fun at least.

Hoping squats go well tomorrow. Will do them later after some food and might not do IF but make slightly better choices. I bought more veggies too so that should help. Just need to not eat all the candy when sleepy.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Squats

Another day, another set of lifting. Face is getting a little better but still swollen and my right eye twitched a little during some of the lifting session. I also forgot my notebook so had to go back to apartment after starbucks to get it. And still managed to forget lifting belt. Managed without but it was rough on the last set.

Chapter 6: Squats

warm up on elliptical

Squats 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 135, 1x4 @ 165
    working set - 3x2 @ 190 - last rep was a grind for sure

overload 260 for a count of 15

pause squat 140 1x2 - easy since just 2 reps

good morning 3x10 @ 95

sumo deadlift 1x6 @ 135, 3x5 @ 195 - heaviest so far but managed okay

30 minutes on elliptical while watching food network to end the session and legs were tired after all of that. Now I'm going to eat some soup with extra veggies and chicken added cause mm sodium. Think next squats day I'll try it out with the singlet too. Fun times to be had still.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

sorry about the swelling an sinus stuff hope it continues to improve

nice lifting jelly of those numbers!