Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Windows 10 taskbar (bottom bar) RANDOMLY not working.

Alright this is a problem that has happened every so often ever since I upgraded to windows 10.

Problem one: the search function doesn't work, the icon just keeps turning when I attempt to search for something. I found a fix for that: task manager -> find "search" -> terminate. But this is only temporary.

Second problem, and the most annoying problem is when the task bar stops working altogether. None of the icons on the bottom right work (when I want to change volume, open calendar, etc), search, or bottom left windows icon. Not even clicking on the windows key on the keyboard opens up.
    The only fix is restarting.

Has anyone had this problem before, or still have it? And better yet know a possible way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eviseri is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i was having the same problem when i used windows 10. task bar would stop responding and the only way to recover it would be to keep clicking on it and it would reset itself after a few seconds.

wish i found a fix but this crap and some other annoyances drove me back to windows 7...good luck
    future programmer crew

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have the same Taskbar issue sometimes. Usually end up getting mad and just rebooting
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It might be your antivirus. Are you using something other that Windows Defender?
    Do you even leaf?

Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Euforie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheEndGame View Post
    It might be your antivirus. Are you using something other that Windows Defender?
    Avast free antivirus

TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheEndGame is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Euforie View Post
    Avast free antivirus
    Yep that's what messed it up for me back then. Try Bitdefender as an alternative.
    Do you even leaf?

Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000) Lowkick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    did you run explorer.exe?

Originally Posted by TheEndGame View Post
    Yep that's what messed it up for me back then. Try Bitdefender as an alternative.
    You sure it was avast? o.O

Originally Posted by Lowkick View Post
    did you run explorer.exe?
    Nope don't even know what that is?

Yes it was Avast
    Do you even leaf?

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't use anything other then defender and it still happens to me. It's almost always after a boot up though. Like as if windows never finished booting up the Taskbar. Everything else runs fine. Can still game
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    I don't use anything other then defender and it still happens to me. It's almost always after a boot up though. Like as if windows never finished booting up the Taskbar. Everything else runs fine. Can still game
    Strange, seems as a common problem no idea why Microsoft haven't patched it.