Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can my saggy butt be fixed? (with pics)

Hey guys!

I am new to this forum.. I am 23 years old, 5'3 and I weigh 117 lbs.

I have never been exercising regularly in my life and I have been yo-yoing in my weight quite often so my skin has become quite loose.
    Also, in the past year I walked around with diabetes type 1 for a few months without knowing so my body got into a state of ketoacidosis... I think this ate the small amount of muscle I had.

SO NOW, my butt has become so saggy it looks like the butt of an old woman - definitely not a 23-year old. The same thing goes for my thighs.
    I am repulsed by it and I want to start making major changes.

However, my question to you all - before I embark on this bodybuilding journey - is: can my saggy butt (and thighs) be fixed? (see pics).
    How long would it take and what is the best approach?
    There is so much work to be done, it is so out of shape, full of cellulite and my skin is so saggy that sometimes I feel as if this is all hopeless to begin with...

I'd love to hear your opinion since you are the experts in this area

Thank you!!
    Scarlett
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Scarlett8; 01-08-2016 at 02:13 PM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're low weight and you lack in muscle. Focus on building/eating in a calories surplus and stay consistent with a heavy lifting program.

Start here to figure proper calorie intake:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

This program is designed for your exact goal:

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-...s=strong+cuves
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh yes, this can be fixed. Dedication, diet and lifting heavy. You can turn that around in a year or so if you put the work in.

Find your macro nutrient and calorie needs. Without diet the rest will be wasted effort. Use the stickies in the nutrition portion of the forum.

Find a program that is right for you. Staple movements will need to include: squats, deadlifts, pullups, bench press...accessory lifts such as hip thrusts, front squats, lunges and kickbacks will help the glute area you want to focus on. Make sure the program you choose has the squats and deadlifts for sure. Lift heavy so you can build muscle. Trust me, this is how you get that "toned" look that girls always focus on.
    *Misc Mechanical Engineer Crew*
    *Vasectomy crew*
    *Denver Broncos crew*
    *Kawasaki Motorcycle crew*

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You're low weight and you lack in muscle. Focus on building/eating in a calories surplus and stay consistent with a heavy lifting program.

Start here to figure proper calorie intake:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

This program is designed for your exact goal:

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-...s=strong+cuves
    ^^^ this.

And if you do buy the book, read the whole thing to understand the program and don't skip the beginner workout no matter how much experience you have. It is design to fire up you glutes so you can really recruit them when you transition to the next level.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Absolutely!!! I wish it was possible to do the same thing for boobs, haha! The other users pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you like, you can check out my glute progress photo in my gallery to see what two years of training legs once a week can do. Good luck!
    I want a doughnut

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BleuSam View Post
    I wish it was possible to do the same thing for boobs, haha!
    Haha, ditto!
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarlett8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay great to hear that things can be turned around! I will start working on it then.

But would you suggest eating a caloric surplus - as mentioned above? I know my weight is relatively low but my body fat is 25%. Shouldn't I be shredding fat and eating a deficiency first?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd probably start with a slight deficit, losing 2-3lbs/month until you lose 10lbs and then reverse diet into a bulk.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

All right. So by a slight deficit you mean a 15% caloric deficit (-300 calories per day) or something? Or smaller even like 10% (200 calories per day)?
    Do you think I would still be able to gain mass while being on such a deficit?

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    I'd probably start with a slight deficit, losing 2-3lbs/month until you lose 10lbs and then reverse diet into a bulk.

radfad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Indeed it can! But I need advice too guys.

So for a long time I had been insecure bout my butt and i figured, sitting on it won't help! So I've been on a mission to improve it. It's been almost 2 weeks since I started some working it out. Before that I spent 1 week doing 15 min bodyweight exercises of things like squat variations bridges kickbacks lunges etc. These past 2 weeks I do 40 mins-an hour. I take 1-2 break days. even on a break day ill do 10 mins of whatever. I don't add crazy weights- not trying to build more muscle, just want to perk up. Some exercises are cardio based, some more strength based- I do some exercises with 25 pounds though, which gets very difficult for me. Basically add a broad scope of different glue workouts. I break a sweat and i feel the burn during all workouts, so I figure I'm really pushing myself. Some days i focus more on core because variation is necessary, but still incorporate some glue stuff at least. I don't get terribly sore anymore but I certainly feel stronger out there. Anyway, I see a small difference. My question now though is if I continue what I'm doing and keep making my workouts more difficult gradually then will that "butt line" be much shorter in 2-3 months (by butt line I mean the defining difference between a flat butt and perky butt- that line underneath)? Would love advice, tips, pic results, amount of time it took you guys. Thanks!
    Attached Images

foreverfit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your pictures reminded me of the bigger version of me 2 years ago. I am 5'5" and was 110lbs then. I had no muscles and on top of that my diet was so imbalanced. I ate clean food, but they were with very little protein and fat. My knowledge on nutrition was pathetic, and it was embarrassing because I took a lot of nutritional science courses in my college years. A little funny side note is that I thought the way my butt looked was genetic because my grandma's butt used to look like that. Anyway, to answer to your question, yes it can be fixed. But it takes times and the results are gradual. My butt used to be my least favorite body part, but now it is my most favorite body part. Two things i have changed since then were eating balanced meal and lifting heavy consistently. My weight fluctuated between 113 and 117lbs during last two years, so I was basically recomposing. I am now 114.6lbs as of this morning. This is just my experience. You can do better by tracking macro, lifting heavy (whole body but focus more on legs), and incoporating bulking and cutting cycles. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Scarlett8 View Post
    Hey guys!

I am new to this forum.. I am 23 years old, 5'3 and I weigh 117 lbs.

I have never been exercising regularly in my life and I have been yo-yoing in my weight quite often so my skin has become quite loose.
    Also, in the past year I walked around with diabetes type 1 for a few months without knowing so my body got into a state of ketoacidosis... I think this ate the small amount of muscle I had.

SO NOW, my butt has become so saggy it looks like the butt of an old woman - definitely not a 23-year old. The same thing goes for my thighs.
    I am repulsed by it and I want to start making major changes.

However, my question to you all - before I embark on this bodybuilding journey - is: can my saggy butt (and thighs) be fixed? (see pics).
    How long would it take and what is the best approach?
    There is so much work to be done, it is so out of shape, full of cellulite and my skin is so saggy that sometimes I feel as if this is all hopeless to begin with...

I'd love to hear your opinion since you are the experts in this area

Thank you!!
    Scarlett

deblynn82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anybody feel that it's possible for a 55 year old, menopausal woman to get a higher, firmer booty? I've been lifting since I was 17. Had a killer body up until about a year ago. Everything has gone south. I am 5' 1 3/4" tall, and weigh 100 pounds. I'm trying to get my weight back up to 105 pounds, but have been struggling to do so. I'm just getting cellulite in the process. I am on hormones and taking a low dose testosterone. Seems there is no help and it makes me so sad and want to give up lifting. But, I know I wont because despite not seeing the physical aspects, I know lifting is good for bone health and other things as well. Thanks for any input or advice.

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You definitely can improve that! I lost a lot of muscle mass on my left glute/leg after a ruptured disc and residual effects from it. It was really bad on the left side but improved dramatically within 3-4 weeks of 3x weekly full body including single-leg Bulgarian squats. I've since added lunges and see even greater improvement but the single leg squats alone, with just 2 sets of 15 with each workout showed huge improvements. I also had kickbacks and hiit on the elliptical which probably helped as well. Good luck!!
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein