Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    not considered normal pUniCepts's Avatar
    pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz

Question anyone used a TENS unit for muscle knots/pain relief? [SRS]

was at the store looking for different creams and/or patches, and was going to try yet another (none have worked so far). Also been taking NSAID which do nothing. Tried massaging, nothing.

so I saw a TENS and bought it on impulse, or desperation. probably not the best one but it was all they had. Icy Hot Smart Relief http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/icy...pid=sku6191876

using it ATM, and it feels pretty neat, wierd, idunnololdog.

wondering if anyone got good and lasting results, and maybe recommend a better one (if it works I may upgrade when the pad wears out)

thanks for reading
    ☆ MissChill Appreciation Crew ☆ Owner ☆ Σ ☆

devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz
    This looks like a home version of the one my chiropractor uses. I usually go as max as I can for about 5 mins and it does me pretty good. Post your results, my wife keeps telling me to get this.
    USMC/USN Crew
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Who's else is out of Prison?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    MWC

ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i use to use it a **** load on my forearms and biceps when i hoed cotton
    Don't do it cuz i can, i do it cuz you can't

pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    This looks like a home version of the one my chiropractor uses. I usually go as max as I can for about 5 mins and it does me pretty good. Post your results, my wife keeps telling me to get this.
    I don't know what setting I have it on, because there is just plus and minus buttons (no display, which I would have preferred). you just turn it on, then turn up to the level you want, and it runs through a 30 minute session.

feels pretty good. kinda awkward with involuntary muscle contractions, and I swear it said somewhere on the box it was discreet so you could do it in public. lol no thanks

Registered User IPoopStandingUp's Avatar
    IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPoopStandingUp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    please post results. feels like i have a huge knot in my upper back and its making it painful to move my neck.

also, completely unaware what a tens is

LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Look into the dink attachments for these. Srs.

Dunno how the drugstore ones are. But I used to use a more expensive one on my lower back. Felt good mane.
    480s / 365b / 495d / 235 x 2 SOHP

RIP Rich. You'll be missed.

Originally Posted by IPoopStandingUp View Post
    please post results. feels like i have a huge knot in my upper back and its making it painful to move my neck.

also, completely unaware what a tens is
    Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation

just two diodes that you stick on and it makes the muscle contract with electricity

this one has short weak pulses that build up to stronger pulses, then works back down. I'd say about 15 pulses that I can actually feel the muscle move as it ramps up, then 15 pulses to ramp down. and it goes up and down for 30 minutes

FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FannySkelper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My mother used one of them for years, think it worked for her

Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TENS has been around for a while, it's pretty safe and effective.

It CAN reduce pain via Gate Theory, and thereby decrease muscle spasms by breaking the pain cycle.

Insurance pays for it, so it must work. Hehe

What kinda pain you been having?

Originally Posted by LinuxJon View Post
    Look into the dink attachments for these. Srs.

Dunno how the drugstore ones are. But I used to use a more expensive one on my lower back. Felt good mane.
    lol. in the 3 minutes it took someone to reply, I started wondering what it would feel like on my penis. kinda scared tbh

yeah I saw some more expensive ones online that have seperate pads so you could soread them out more. this one is just one pad and the connections are about 2 inches apart.

Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ausaric has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pUniCepts View Post
    lol. in the 3 minutes it took someone to reply, I started wondering what it would feel like on my penis. kinda scared tbh

yeah I saw some more expensive ones online that have seperate pads so you could soread them out more. this one is just one pad and the connections are about 2 inches apart.
    TENS is contraindicated for use on the genitals IIRC. But I don't think it would kill you to try.

Separate pads are useful because increasing the distance between the pads increase the depth of penetration of the electric field.

I'm really 47(no default) RICHSTRONG's Avatar
    RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got one for the MIL and used one in PT when my knee was messed up. I'll have to ask her how she likes it. Wife bought it from the advice of a PT we know. I'll find out which one it is.
    Founder of <HTC> [Hi Test Crew]

** Wood rub coconutoil on KK's Scar Crew **

Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Train57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if its muscle related use a EMS

TENS work on nerves and EMS work on muscles

EMS does work a little but going to a PT or chiro helps more as they have more powerful EMSs and they have those ultrasound massages that work the deep muscles that EMSs cant work
    Do you know da wae?

LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LinuxJon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

The one I had came with 4 pads, and you could vary both the length of the pulse, the frequency of the pulse, and the strength of the pulse. Think it was about $75

They actually make dink attachments on Amazon. No homo.

Originally Posted by Train57 View Post
    if its muscle related use a EMS

TENS work on nerves and EMS work on muscles

EMS does work a little but going to a PT or chiro helps more as they have more powerful EMSs and they have those ultrasound massages that work the deep muscles that EMSs cant work
    Allow me to clear up your post a little bit.

TENS and EMS or NMES are technically the same thing...electrical fields transfered through the skin to elicit physiological changes.

TENS is generally for pain, while NMES is generally for improving muscle recruitment.

Both TENS and NMES stimulatE nerves.

Handheld units can be just as powerful as wall units.

And certain types of TENS, such as interferential, are designed to penetrate deeply. And like I said before, the wider apart you place the pads, the deeper the effect.

Ultrasound is pretty cool too. But works in a totally different way.

RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LinuxJon View Post
    The one I had came with 4 pads, and you could vary both the length of the pulse, the frequency of the pulse, and the strength of the pulse. Think it was about $75

They actually make dink attachments on Amazon. No homo.
    wtf would shocking ur pecker do? srs?

Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't know what setting I have it on, because there is just plus and minus buttons (no display, which I would have preferred). you just turn it on, then turn up to the level you want, and it runs through a 30 minute session.

feels pretty good. kinda awkward with involuntary muscle contractions, and I swear it said somewhere on the box it was discreet so you could do it in public. lol no thanks

The TENS machine that I am familiar with are bigger than this one , different. The machine that I use on my patients is excellent and I notice results in about 60% of my patients. So it is worth it if you use it right but I'm not sure if the one you have would be as effective. Hope this helps and good luck.

CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The book I'm reading now sites studies that basically say TENS is no more effective for musculoskeletal pain than non-treatment.
    *Proud citizen of the Bountiful and Great Trumpian Empire crew

'Service guarantees citizenship'

Originally Posted by RICHSTRONG View Post
    Well some types of TENS like high voltage pulsed galvanic current can actually stimulate blood flow and help resolve edema...and speed up healing.

I never learned about application to the dink, I learned it was unsafe.

Originally Posted by CommonPheasant View Post
    The book I'm reading now sites studies that basically say TENS is no more effective for musculoskeletal pain than non-treatment.
    There are studies that say the opposite, as well. I believe the general consensus is that TENS can be effective to relieve pain.

Originally Posted by Ausaric View Post
    Well some types of TENS like high voltage pulsed galvanic current can actually stimulate blood flow and help resolve edema...and speed up healing.

I never learned about application to the dink, I learned it was unsafe.
    Ya, i think i'd pass even thinkin about attaching something that shocks to my junk. Unless TENS stands for the amount of inches it makes a dink grow after several applications.

At low settings, tingles and feels good mane

.... Or so I've heard

TENS has been around for a while, it's pretty safe and effective.

It CAN reduce pain via Gate Theory, and thereby decrease muscle spasms by breaking the pain cycle.

Insurance pays for it, so it must work. Hehe

What kinda pain you been having?
    TENS is contraindicated for use on the genitals IIRC. But I don't think it would kill you to try.

Separate pads are useful because increasing the distance between the pads increase the depth of penetration of the electric field.
    knots in neck muscles. it does say NOT to use it on the neck (or head), but I had to try.

re: penetration. Perhaps that is why they don't want you using it on neck/head? Like, they don't want you putting one pad on either side of your head and the current going through your brain. I think it would generally be ok to have the pads close together on the same side, which is how I have it on my neck.

Attention K-Mart shoppers Archangel_Lost's Avatar
    Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thought about getting one of these when I fuked my trap/neck/shoulder up, but was sketch as to whether or not they do anything. in4 more experiences.

you could try contrast showers for muscle pain though, works for me decently.
    Lifts:
    Squat: 460x1
    Bench: 400x1
    Deadlift: 575x1
    OHP: 250x2
    Weight: 180 lbs.

Don't have heroes; look up to no one. Because as long as someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second.

knots in neck muscles. it does say NOT to use it on the neck (or head), but I had to try.

re: penetration. Perhaps that is why they don't want you using it on neck/head? Like, they don't want you putting one pad on either side of your head and the current going through your brain. I think it would generally be ok to have the pads close together on the same side, which is how I have it on my neck.
    It's OK to use it on the neck, as long as you stay off the carotids, and don't place directly over the spine.

The head is a definite No-No though, for exactly the reason you mentioned. I don't think they've done studies on what it would do, but we know that transcranial magnetic stimulation can actually induce various brain states in people, and electric fields also generate magnetism IIRC.

You also don't place them directly on the abdomen, on the breasts, on infected skin, over an area with cancer or a history of cancer, on the back of a pregnant woman, febrile patient, etc

CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommonPheasant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are studies that say the opposite, as well. I believe the general consensus is that TENS can be effective to relieve pain.
    I guess it depends whether the pain is psychosomatic in origin or not. If so, it won't do anything, or will be a placebo only.

I imagine shooting ropes across the room, and possibly putting an eye out.

Originally Posted by CommonPheasant View Post
    I guess it depends whether the pain is psychosomatic in origin or not. If so, it won't do anything, or will be a placebo only.
    Like fibromyalgia for example.

I imagine shooting ropes across the room, and possibly putting an eye out.
    I don't think that stimulation of the probate is contraindicated. I bet you could slap those pads on a cucumber, stick her on in, and turn her up good whilst pleasuring yourself. I bet you'd have a transcendent experience.

This is starting to sound good, I may invest in a TENS unit and some cucumbers or soup cans.

Like fibromyalgia for example.
    Yes. No one's been able to come up with a cause for that or a reliable treatment option.