duckman005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vegan Protein Powders

Hi all,

First post, but long time follower.

I'm thoroughly interested in a vegan cut regime. So I picked up some Brown Rice Protein Powder and Pea Protein Powder from NOW brand. I don't mind things tasting bad since it is about the results. However, neither one of these even seem to be soluble in water. I'm just not diggin either one.

So my question is, does anyone know of any vegan protein powders that actually dissolve in water? Did I just buy a bad brand?

*I used the search function and came up with two other results, but would still like to hear options and experiences. SunWarrior and Raw Protein were the two I came across btw.

Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you dont mind me asking your "vegan cut regime," is that for moral or health reasons. Or is it just something you think will aid you more with your goals? Regardless the best vegan protein ive had is vega, mix the chocolate with enough liquid and its doable. Im generally not too much of a priss about flavour but its just not easy to do a good veggie protein in my experience. Ive tried Vega, Sunwarrior, (Three letter store brand sample), and Raw. None were good tasting imo. However baked vega does quite well, just not as a shake.

Unfortuantely veggie protein just isnt as happy a mixer as dairy based, and pea will soak up a ludicrous amount of water just by its nature. Id say more than casein.

If nothing else Vega Sport Protein has great nutritional value, and its from a pretty solid company.

Ill be trying raw fusion when it arrives, spaced, forgot to mention it lotta people luv it. Just can't speak from experience yet
    Last edited by Posterchild18; 01-01-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    The Great Protein Bar Review Thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169729133

Nutrabio Review Thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170201011

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    By far the best one I have had is San Ra Fusion Vanilla. Great complex and taste really good. It also mixes real well.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    San Rawfusion would be a good choice if you're lookin for a vegan protein.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/rawfusion.html

If you're skeptical, buy a 1 pound container for only $16. Worth trying.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by duckman005 View Post
    Hi all,

First post, but long time follower.

I'm thoroughly interested in a vegan cut regime. So I picked up some Brown Rice Protein Powder and Pea Protein Powder from NOW brand. I don't mind things tasting bad since it is about the results. However, neither one of these even seem to be soluble in water. I'm just not diggin either one.

So my question is, does anyone know of any vegan protein powders that actually dissolve in water? Did I just buy a bad brand?

*I used the search function and came up with two other results, but would still like to hear options and experiences. SunWarrior and Raw Protein were the two I came across btw.
    SAN Rawfusion is the number 1 selling SAN product sold here on bb.com, as well as the #1 plant protein sold on bb.com, overall. This is pretty incredible, given that SAN is a top 50 company here, and easily outsell products from companies with vegan-specific mission statements.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/plantprotein.html

Rawfusion is the highest quality vegan protein you can buy, and not only is it more reasonably priced than the competition, it tastes better than the competition. With flavors like Chocolate Strawberry, Banana Nut, Peanut Chocolate Fudge, Vanilla, and Chocolate, there's certain to be a flavor you'll enjoy. It mixes great, tastes great, and it's good for you and your wallet, especially with out current special:

Protip: Banana Nut and Chocolate Strawberry are the two best flavors, IMO.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    check out:

AI Sports Nutrition - No Whey
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai...n/no-whey.html

SAN - RAWFusion.

Both taste great.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Joshua1324 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "As a vegan it was very hard for me to find a suitable protein supplement. Especially when I was trying to loose weight. I tried quite a few MyProtein , Ace Blend etc. I strongly recommend the OP to try out Ace Blend. It is made from a combination of 10 super foods which not only provides the complete protein requirement but also the daily dose of nourishment.

P.S. The chocolate flavor tastes great"

shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    check out:

AI Sports Nutrition - No Whey
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai...n/no-whey.html

SAN - RAWFusion.

Both taste great.
    These are great options right here. I would also add in PES Vegan Select.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167450201

-I need a new avi

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually really enjoyed PES Vegan Protein tasted really well and mixed up great.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kbayne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the love on PEScience Vegan Select. All flavors have got quite good reviews. Anyone wanting to try some, hit me up.
    PEScience Representative
    www.pescience.com/insider
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html

IG: kylebayne23
    Twitter: kbayne2327

-- COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW --

Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Genuinely not very experience with Vegan Proteins but based on the feedback we've received on the Vegan Select protein line I can fully get behind that recommendation. The Peanut Butter Delight is hands down the best Vegan protein powder of the ones I have tried to date.

https://bodybuilding.com/store/pesci...ect-vegan.html

Best of luck finding the Vegan protein for you, sir!
    PEScience representative and associate.
    Feel free to PM or email me with any and all associated questions.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html
    https://pescience.com/insider

Instagram- Whey2Bake

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't have a problem with Whey but do flip back and forth with a plant based protein. I have tried ON's Plant based Protein, I thought it mixed well and the taste was good, not that chalky taste.

PEScience has caught my attention, that's going to be my next try.

Do you feel that a vegan protein has the same results as a Whey Isolate? I mean protein is protein no matter how you get it.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by poison View Post
    SAN Rawfusion is the number 1 selling SAN product sold here on bb.com, as well as the #1 plant protein sold on bb.com, overall. This is pretty incredible, given that SAN is a top 50 company here, and easily outsell products from companies with vegan-specific mission statements.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/plantprotein.html

Rawfusion is the highest quality vegan protein you can buy, and not only is it more reasonably priced than the competition, it tastes better than the competition. With flavors like Chocolate Strawberry, Banana Nut, Peanut Chocolate Fudge, Vanilla, and Chocolate, there's certain to be a flavor you'll enjoy. It mixes great, tastes great, and it's good for you and your wallet, especially with out current special:

Protip: Banana Nut and Chocolate Strawberry are the two best flavors, IMO.
    Came in to post this, left preempted and satisfied. It's 20% off right now, get on it!

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/rawfusion.html

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking at the ingredients of the Rawfusion, they use fructose?! That's probably the worse ingredient anyone can use, no?

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by adamgentile View Post
    Looking at the ingredients of the Rawfusion, they use fructose?! That's probably the worse ingredient anyone can use, no?
    You're right bro. Monosaccharides are the devil.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Originally Posted by adamgentile View Post
    No. Table sugar is 50% fructose. Fructose has a lower glycemic index than most other sugars. Four-ish grams of fructose means nothing in the scheme of things, and is preferable to artificial sweeteners for most people who go for vegan proteins.

Registered User CatabolicWindow's Avatar
    CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100)
    The catch with plant protein sources is that they do not always contain all the essential amino acids in required proportions, making them incomplete proteins.

I'm sorry, but the best source of protein comes from a once living animal.

I just don't fck with any powders at all in general though. Degraded ass protein.

Originally Posted by CatabolicWindow View Post
    The catch with plant protein sources is that they do not always contain all the essential amino acids in required proportions, making them incomplete proteins.

I'm sorry, but the best source of protein comes from a once living animal.

I just don't fck with any powders at all in general though. Degraded ass protein.
    Rawfusion ain't your grandma's vegan protein. While some sources of vegan protein may be incomplete, when combined, they can be complete; Rawfusion specifically uses a blend of sources to create a complete AA profile.

The best protein is not from a dead animal, it's from whey. Degraded? Not really. Lacking in other nutrition/nutrients besides protein, sure. That's why protein powders are supplements.
    Last edited by poison; 02-08-2018 at 12:05 PM.