Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100)

Help a chubby guy! How are my calories/macros/workout plan?

Haven't done much posting here but I'm realizing I need to get serious about my diet if I want to see more results from my workouts. Hoping to get some advice on how my plan looks.

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 211
    BMI: Unknown
    Workouts: 5x5 stronglifts m,w,f & 30 min of cardio tues/thrs
    Main goal: fat loss

I've been doing 5x5 stronglifts for almost 3 months and seeing some muscle gain and slight changes in fat reduction but my weight has remained almost unchanged.
    Aside from my workouts, I've been trying to eat healthy but not tracking calories/macros. Went wild for 2 weeks over Christmas and now I'm ready to get serious. Figuring macros is new to me and I'm using myfitnesspal for calorie tracking. Am I on the right track with this plan or far off?

Daily calories: 1950
    Carb: 20%
    Protein: 45%
    Fat: 35%

I love lifting and strongly dislike cardio but I want to do what's best for getting rid of this fat. My schedule doesn't allow for more than 35-40 min to workout per day. Suggestions?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't need any cardio to lose weight. It's a lot faster to not eat those donuts than it is to try and run off the calories.

Get a food scale. Log everything that goes in your mouth. Adjust as needed.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100) Praemonstrator is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    . If you don't like cardio, then you can't expect to lose much weight.
    Im saying I don't like it, not that I'm not willing to do it. Just looking for advice on if I should stick with that I'm doing, put more focus on cardio, more on weights etc.

I posted my plan and was hoping someone would critique it. Thanks for any advice.

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your calories seem a bit low in my opinion. Macro ratios should not be used as they are inaccurate. Better to use the minimums: .8-1g protein/lb and .4-.5g fat/lb and fill the rest as you please.

+1 on Partyrocking's comment on the cardio.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50) shbli will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Praemonstrator View Post
    Haven't done much posting here but I'm realizing I need to get serious about my diet if I want to see more results from my workouts. Hoping to get some advice on how my plan looks.

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 211
    BMI: Unknown
    Workouts: 5x5 stronglifts m,w,f & 30 min of cardio tues/thrs
    Main goal: fat loss

I've been doing 5x5 stronglifts for almost 3 months and seeing some muscle gain and slight changes in fat reduction but my weight has remained almost unchanged.
    Aside from my workouts, I've been trying to eat healthy but not tracking calories/macros. Went wild for 2 weeks over Christmas and now I'm ready to get serious. Figuring macros is new to me and I'm using myfitnesspal for calorie tracking. Am I on the right track with this plan or far off?

Daily calories: 1950
    Carb: 20%
    Protein: 45%
    Fat: 35%

I love lifting and strongly dislike cardio but I want to do what's best for getting rid of this fat. My schedule doesn't allow for more than 35-40 min to workout per day. Suggestions?
    Great start, StrongLifts is a nice program to do.

Cardio? Necessary? Not at all.

Cardio let you eat more, or if you don't eat more, lose weight faster, that's it.

For example, assuming you jog for 25 minutes and burn 300 calories, you can keep burning the extra 300 calories without increasing your food intake, or increase your food intake by 300 calories but your deficit will stay the same.

My advice, make sure your calorie counting is accurate my friend, we always underestimate, but you know, start to "Over estimate" calories, if you eat a one pizza piece your not sure how many calories this contains, if MyFitnessPal says 200 calories, then just count it as 250 or 300, the only exception is if you are weighting your food and sure about the calories, which I suggest, then you can stick to exact counts.

As other people suggest, get 0.6-0.8g protein per pound, 1g/pound is too much, at the end of the day a beginner can build 2 pounds of muscle per month, which contains about 200-300g of protein tissue, rest is water/glycogen..etc, you can eat real food protein

Second, get minimum of 0.4g Fat/pound, yolks are great fat source to support testosterone and body hormones, they include both cholesterol and fats.

Fill the rest with carbs or anything you like, but I prefer to fill the rest with carbs.

I lost 85 pounds and just started lean gains, you can do it, it's easy you just have to stick to it for a long time man, good luck.
    Last edited by shbli; 01-02-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    www.shbli.com