ReDRUm119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reverse flies at home

I don't have a specific bench at a angle to do reverse flies at home and was curious if I could do it another way.

I have a bench that looks something like this. With preacher curls extension.

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/1570...3&op_sharpen=1

The part where you rest your arms on and do curls to keep a perfect form, I'm curious if I could turn that around the opposite direction and raise it up a lot higher and try leaning on it with my chest to perform reverse flies. I wouldn't have to turn it around either, I could possibly remove the leg extension on it and try that.

Would that be a good idea? I would love to make my bench go into incline, but the sides where you put the bar onto is in the way of me doing the workout.

Should I try doing that with my bench or is there a better alternative?

One other question, I'm doing fierce 5 workout routine and it says I should be doing curls. Should I do standing curls or preacher curls?
    Last edited by ReDRUm119; 12-30-2015 at 03:08 AM.

kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100)
    try to use an alternative

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try W raises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FiVzcfFPg

It's a reverse fly + external rotation

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    do band pull-aparts.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do face pulls if you have a lat pulldown, or bent-over dumbbell raises if you don't. If you don't have dumbbells, just grab a couple of plates and do raises with those. You could also google "rear delt exercises" and find a few more options.

You don't need to do preacher curls, you can just do regular standing curls with a straight bar.

I would get rid of that bench and get a power rack/bench--it will be safer, and you can do more with it.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ReDRUm119 View Post
    I don't have a specific bench at a angle to do reverse flies at home and was curious if I could do it another way.

I have a bench that looks something like this. With preacher curls extension.

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/1570...3&op_sharpen=1

The part where you rest your arms on and do curls to keep a perfect form, I'm curious if I could turn that around the opposite direction and raise it up a lot higher and try leaning on it with my chest to perform reverse flies. I wouldn't have to turn it around either, I could possibly remove the leg extension on it and try that.

Would that be a good idea? I would love to make my bench go into incline, but the sides where you put the bar onto is in the way of me doing the workout.

Should I try doing that with my bench or is there a better alternative?

No bench required to do Reverse Flyes (also known as Bent Lateral Raise):

One other question, I'm doing fierce 5 workout routine and it says I should be doing curls. Should I do standing curls or preacher curls?
    Given a choice, go with Standing Curls. They'll call on a little more muscle as stabilizers than if you were seated/had upper arms supported by a bench.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Head Supported Rear Delt Raises can be an excellent option but I can't find any really good YouTube examples.

The actual raise form here is ok but his back position is massively rounded.

Try to aim for a little more RDL type position as in this vid

IG: @toadkillerdog

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    what about olympic ring pec flyes?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ReDRUm119 View Post
    Variety. Check this article which says standing straight barbell and seated incline dumbbell curls are best.
    http://lifestyleandstrength.com/ez-c...umbbell-curls/

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Variety. Check this article which says standing straight barbell and seated incline dumbbell curls are best.
    http://lifestyleandstrength.com/ez-c...umbbell-curls/
    They recommend straight barbell curls. Hard to take them seriously after that.

brb they maintain tension on the biceps all the time, good for gains
    brb wrists are fuarked, give back any gains
    brb meanwhile, the guy using the ez curl bar is cruising along with his workouts

A theoretically superior exercise is not practically superior if it introduces a significantly higher risk of injury and training downtime.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post

brb meanwhile, the guy using the ez curl bar is cruising along with his workouts

A theoretically superior exercise is not practically superior if it introduces a significantly higher risk of injury and training downtime.
    It's no secret that you get a better contraction with a straight bar than you do with an EZ Curl bar. Many of the regulars here have EZ Curls, but only use them for tricep moves.

For some people, it is just a matter of stretching out the wrists slowly until a straight bar is comfortable enough to use for curls. I believe that Rippetoe discusses this somewhere in "Starting Strength", for whatever that is worth.

Nothing wrong with using an EZ Curl if you lack mobility in your wrists or have an injury, just be aware that you get just a little less "bang for your buck".
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post

Check this link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arno...-training.html
    Article says Arnold used barbell, inclined dumbbell, and contraction curls. So there you have it.

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Check this link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arno...-training.html
    Article says Arnold used barbell, inclined dumbbell, and contraction curls. So there you have it.

Good enough for Arnold, good enough for me.
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

ReDRUm119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post
    Head Supported Rear Delt Raises can be an excellent option but I can't find any really good YouTube examples.

nice thanks

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post

#2 isn't a fly at all, but rather a rowing movement. Just sayin'
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've said a lot of controversial crap on here and it is what it is but anyone who read any of my posts will agree that what I try to do at every turn is to replicate every move I used to do at the gym at home now keeping in mind space and money spent... That's all of our top agenda here.

For reverse flies I've found that two things replicate them at home perfectly if not better than a 3 grand pecdeck.... Those are reverse blast strap pull aparts.... These work best when the two blast straps are attached to a single carabiner....

The second are pull a parts with bands, micro mini or mini as long as you hit thirty reps a set.

If anyone is interested, after four years of tweaking I finally built a power squat duplicate that fits up to 500lbs for under fifty bucks that's fully detachable...

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tombro View Post
    i've said a lot of controversial crap on here and it is what it is but anyone who read any of my posts will agree that what i try to do at every turn is to replicate every move i used to do at the gym at home now keeping in mind space and money spent... That's all of our top agenda here.

For reverse flies i've found that two things replicate them at home perfectly if not better than a 3 grand pecdeck.... Those are reverse blast strap pull aparts.... These work best when the two blast straps are attached to a single carabiner....

The second are pull a parts with bands, micro mini or mini as long as you hit thirty reps a set.

If anyone is interested, after four years of tweaking i finally built a power squat duplicate that fits up to 500lbs for under fifty bucks that's fully detachable...
    tb, dr