Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    In all honesty there's no reason why you couldn't. The main reason why I prescribed 3x6, 1x6+ was because both Young and I feel it's the best combination of strength and mass.

When actually preparing for a meet, Young would use a 4x3, 1x3+ rep scheme. This let him go heavier so near the end of the cycle his last heavy triple before a meet was actually his opening weight. He would actually alternate the 5x3 with the 4x6 for four weeks, then move solely to the triples for the last four weeks.

NaorH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Question

Hey there, 2 month into the program. i love it.
    most of the time train 3 times a week.
    i have a 2 question -
    1) in the near future (2-3 weeks) i wont be able to train 3 times a week (work+studies), but 2 times a week. till now im seeing pretty good gains with weights and muscle growth ..
    how bad is it to low the frequancy of training for some time?
    im planning to stick with that plan for a bit longer since i feel i can progress much more.

thank you

nolimitHetz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m a novice cutting on a different program rn but I want to start this when it’s time to bulk. Something about powerlifting I just love.

Questions though, when I do need to cut, should I do a different program? How long can I run this program on a bulk? Can I do this forever wether I’m cutting or bulking?

mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100)
    gah damn

mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100)
    im currently trying to work my way up to 225.

any advice for working my way up to 225? i am currently doing 135 : ).

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NaorH View Post
    Hey there, 2 month into the program. i love it.
    most of the time train 3 times a week.
    i have a 2 question -
    1) in the near future (2-3 weeks) i wont be able to train 3 times a week (work+studies), but 2 times a week. till now im seeing pretty good gains with weights and muscle growth ..
    how bad is it to low the frequancy of training for some time?
    im planning to stick with that plan for a bit longer since i feel i can progress much more.

thank you
    Sorry for the late response, I missed the update. 2 days a week is fine if life gets busy, you will still see improvement.

GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nolimitHetz View Post
    I’m a novice cutting on a different program rn but I want to start this when it’s time to bulk. Something about powerlifting I just love.

Questions though, when I do need to cut, should I do a different program? How long can I run this program on a bulk? Can I do this forever wether I’m cutting or bulking?
    As a beginner program, eventually this will stagnate for you. Ideally you don't want to be in too severe of a caloric restriction if strength and/or mass is your goal.

Originally Posted by mannarvaez View Post
    any advice for working my way up to 225? i am currently doing 135 : ).
    Do your next workout with 140, and keep adding weight when you can.

ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very interesting and useful reading. Thanks, dude! I don’t know when I will be able to grow up to this (LOL), but the goal has been set!

Smile

Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Sorry for the late response, I missed the update. 2 days a week is fine if life gets busy, you will still see improvement.
    Hey buddy, thank you for the response.

recently i'v noticed that im stuck on 200 pounds bench press weights ... i think that my chest is not getting enough stimulation.
    i tried deload the weights and managed to load again and nothing ..
    tought that my triceps might be the problem since im not working on them besides bench/stand press ..
    it would be great if you or anybody else can advice me on how i can get improve.

p.s -
    importent to remind that im stuck with bench only ..
    im sleeping well, big appetite, no alchohol.
    my weight is: 92kg and 1.76m height.

thank you.

Hey buddy, thank you for the response.

recently i'v noticed that im stuck on 200 pounds bench press weights ... i think that my chest is not getting enough stimulation.
    i tried deload the weights and managed to load again and nothing ..
    tought that my triceps might be the problem since im not working on them besides bench/stand press ..
    it would be great if you or anybody else can advice me on how i can get improve.

p.s -
    importent to remind that im stuck with bench only ..
    im sleeping well, big appetite, no alchohol.
    my weight is: 92kg and 1.76m height.

thank you.
    If you have been doing them for a while, you can add in some supplementary work for your arms as prescribed before. Skull crushers are one of my personal favorites for triceps.

If you have been doing them for a while, you can add in some supplementary work for your arms as prescribed before. Skull crushers are one of my personal favorites for triceps.
    thank you
    definitely try it.
    you suggest doing it on a bench day?

IronMuskle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    New here and started this on monday
    Took my weights over from my other routine was abit too much volume and wanna go something more basic

Current lifts
    Squat 80kg
    Bench 55kg
    Ohp 37.5kg
    Pendlay 50kg
    Didnt do DLs but did RDLs. You reckon starting 90kg might be good? Considering its somewhat close to my squat numbers

Only accesories I would be interested in is rear/side delt and hamms/calves or not needed?

Thanks for this Grouchy!

Originally Posted by IronMuskle View Post
    New here and started this on monday
    Took my weights over from my other routine was abit too much volume and wanna go something more basic

Current lifts
    Squat 80kg
    Bench 55kg
    Ohp 37.5kg
    Pendlay 50kg
    Didnt do DLs but did RDLs. You reckon starting 90kg might be good? Considering its somewhat close to my squat numbers

Only accesories I would be interested in is rear/side delt and hamms/calves or not needed?

Thanks for this Grouchy!
    For strict RDLs you will want to start off lighter than your conventional deadlift.

IronMuskle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For strict RDLs you will want to start off lighter than your conventional deadlift.

Yeah I ment i have been doing RDLs and no conventional DLs so asked if 90kg would be a good start. Did them today. 90kg 8 to 9 reps. 1 rep was 100kg (220lbs) so was pretty happy considering I havent conventional DLd in a while

moneyf1rst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IronMuskle View Post
    Yeah I ment i have been doing RDLs and no conventional DLs so asked if 90kg would be a good start. Did them today. 90kg 8 to 9 reps. 1 rep was 100kg (220lbs) so was pretty happy considering I havent conventional DLd in a while
    i think i should try yours.... i hope not to break my bone.. lol

Cool

Hey guys
    4 month with the routine and im getting stuck with allmost every exercise,
    numbers (Kg):

DL's- 200 (last set, no for reps)
    Squats- 110 (last set)
    Bench- 90 (i have a really weak chest)
    Press- 60
    Pendlay- 95
    lat pulldowns- 100 (sometimes combine pull ups with weights)
    one arm row- 46 (for about 10 reps, found it better then go for amrap)

i actually feel that i cant improve in anything anymore, it feels like i am exhausted all the time (on training) even though i rested and eat enough ..
    i feel frusrated and im looking for any advice on what else can i do?
    Thank you for any advice!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numbers (Kg):

Squats- 110 (last set)
    Press- 60
    Pendlay- 95
    Time to move past novice training.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Time to move past novice training.
    move past how? i mean, find an amature powerlift routine?
    how it works, i dont really get it.

suggestions?
    thank you

Edit:
    decided to try Candito Powerlift program 6 weeks and see how its going.
    i would love to get an opinion about that.
    ty
    Last edited by NaorH; 07-01-2022 at 11:53 PM.

Hey guys
    4 month with the routine and im getting stuck with allmost every exercise,
    numbers (Kg):

Squats- 110 (last set)
    Press- 60
    Pendlay- 95

i actually feel that i cant improve in anything anymore, it feels like i am exhausted all the time (on training) even though i rested and eat enough ..
    i feel frusrated and im looking for any advice on what else can i do?
    Thank you for any advice!
    Probably about time to move on then. What are your goals? If you enjoy this style of training, the Texas Method may be a good next step.

TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi GrouchyUSMC,

New to this forum, and I like the simplicity of this Young-inspired program.

I am wondering if there is any reason why we can't superset Bench with pendlay rows and Squats with chin ups (workout A) and on Workout B days: superset OHP with pulldowns, then do deadlift, then do one-arm rows?

Do you think that supersetting these antagonistic movement patterns will be detrimental to rate of progression and recovery?

For those of us that might not have more than one hour to do a workout including warm up, stretching,etc

Thanks for your engagement with the community even so many years after beginning this forum. Are you still offering to follow people that post their training logs? I don't have a coach, and train in my home gym, but looking for some kind of week-to-week feedback / accountability to stay more consistent.

Thanks!

Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100) Licalsimu is not very well liked. (-100)
    What is the best Powerbuilding program?
    10 Best Powerbuilding Programs for 2021
    Kizen 16 Week Powerbuilding Program.
    PHUL Workout Program Spreadsheet.
    Kizen 4 Week Powerbuilding Spreadsheet.
    PhatBurn Program Spreadsheet.
    Brogains Powerbuilding Program.
    Upper/Lower Split Program Collection.
    Reddit PPL.

TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeeENGEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TeeENGEE View Post
    Hi GrouchyUSMC,

I am wondering if there is any reason why we can't superset Bench with pendlay rows and Squats with chin ups (workout A) and on Workout B days: superset OHP with pulldowns, then do deadlift, then do one-arm rows?

Do you think that supersetting these antagonistic movement patterns will be detrimental to rate of progression and recovery?

For those of us that might not have more than one hour to do a workout including warm up, stretching,etc

Thanks for your engagement with the community even so many years after beginning this forum. Are you still offering to follow people that post their training logs? I don't have a coach, and train in my home gym, but looking for some kind of week-to-week feedback / accountability to stay more consistent.

Thanks!

Wanted to bump this question RE: supersetting exercises that are antagonistic to each other up

Additional questions:
    1. Would it be counterproductive to add abdominal crunches, leg raises, pallof press / single arm carries for ab work at the end of each work out or on off days?
    2. What are thoughts on adding Chad Westbury's High frequency training (e.g., daily banded tricep pressdowns and banded tricep curls to failure one set x 6 days per week)? That removes eccentric component of those movements

Thanks

Hi GrouchyUSMC,

Thanks!
    Sorry for the late response. Did a lot of camping last month and haven't been online as much.

Super setting isn't as optimal, but if time is a factor and it helps you succeed, it's worth doing.

And absolutely, share it and I will follow.

Wanted to bump this question RE: supersetting exercises that are antagonistic to each other up

Additional questions:
    1. Would it be counterproductive to add abdominal crunches, leg raises, pallof press / single arm carries for ab work at the end of each work out or on off days?
    2. What are thoughts on adding Chad Westbury's High frequency training (e.g., daily banded tricep pressdowns and banded tricep curls to failure one set x 6 days per week)? That removes eccentric component of those movements

Thanks
    1. If you have the time it can be valuable to add core work. Just don't overdo it at first - maybe 1-2 exercises total to start.
    2. Give the program a several weeks run as is, then add in one of those movements and see how you feel long term.

thanks for quick reply!

Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Beginners (<6 months of lifting)
    Training Days per Week: 3.
    Compound Movements: Squat, Bench, and Deadlift.
    Compound Sets x Reps: 4-6 sets, 6-8 reps.
    Accessory Movements Per Workouts: 3-4 movements.
    Accessory Sets x Reps: 3 sets, 8-15 reps.

enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100) enableapk1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very Informative article, I have learned so much, Thank you very much for sharing this, It will be very helpful for me in future.
    I do not know what to say really what you share very well and useful to the community, I feel that it makes our community much more developed, thanks

CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Love this kind of routine, did something similar years ago with the 'big 6'. This time round my spinal erectors are weak af, and I can't handle DL twice per week on BAB weeks. I've attenuated this by switching dl for rdl on the first B workout, saving DLs for the second one before two days rest. DL isn't a priority for me and I'm going for longevity at this point, so I feel it's a good compromise.