Reply
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Results 721 to 736 of 736
  1. #721
    Registered User Deep0527's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Deep0527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Deep0527 is offline
    In all honesty there's no reason why you couldn't. The main reason why I prescribed 3x6, 1x6+ was because both Young and I feel it's the best combination of strength and mass.

    When actually preparing for a meet, Young would use a 4x3, 1x3+ rep scheme. This let him go heavier so near the end of the cycle his last heavy triple before a meet was actually his opening weight. He would actually alternate the 5x3 with the 4x6 for four weeks, then move solely to the triples for the last four weeks.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #722
    Registered User NaorH's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    NaorH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NaorH is offline

    Question Question

    Hey there, 2 month into the program. i love it.
    most of the time train 3 times a week.
    i have a 2 question -
    1) in the near future (2-3 weeks) i wont be able to train 3 times a week (work+studies), but 2 times a week. till now im seeing pretty good gains with weights and muscle growth ..
    how bad is it to low the frequancy of training for some time?
    im planning to stick with that plan for a bit longer since i feel i can progress much more.

    thank you
    Reply With Quote

  3. #723
    Registered User nolimitHetz's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    nolimitHetz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nolimitHetz is offline
    I’m a novice cutting on a different program rn but I want to start this when it’s time to bulk. Something about powerlifting I just love.

    Questions though, when I do need to cut, should I do a different program? How long can I run this program on a bulk? Can I do this forever wether I’m cutting or bulking?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #724
    Registered User mannarvaez's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100)
    mannarvaez is offline
    gah damn
    Reply With Quote

  5. #725
    Registered User mannarvaez's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100)
    mannarvaez is offline
    im currently trying to work my way up to 225.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #726
    Registered User mannarvaez's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100) mannarvaez is not very well liked. (-100)
    mannarvaez is offline
    any advice for working my way up to 225? i am currently doing 135 : ).
    Reply With Quote

  7. #727
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,162
    Rep Power: 22851
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is online now
    Originally Posted by NaorH View Post
    Hey there, 2 month into the program. i love it.
    most of the time train 3 times a week.
    i have a 2 question -
    1) in the near future (2-3 weeks) i wont be able to train 3 times a week (work+studies), but 2 times a week. till now im seeing pretty good gains with weights and muscle growth ..
    how bad is it to low the frequancy of training for some time?
    im planning to stick with that plan for a bit longer since i feel i can progress much more.

    thank you
    Sorry for the late response, I missed the update. 2 days a week is fine if life gets busy, you will still see improvement.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #728
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,162
    Rep Power: 22851
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is online now
    Originally Posted by nolimitHetz View Post
    I’m a novice cutting on a different program rn but I want to start this when it’s time to bulk. Something about powerlifting I just love.

    Questions though, when I do need to cut, should I do a different program? How long can I run this program on a bulk? Can I do this forever wether I’m cutting or bulking?
    As a beginner program, eventually this will stagnate for you. Ideally you don't want to be in too severe of a caloric restriction if strength and/or mass is your goal.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #729
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,162
    Rep Power: 22851
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is online now
    Originally Posted by mannarvaez View Post
    any advice for working my way up to 225? i am currently doing 135 : ).
    Do your next workout with 140, and keep adding weight when you can.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #730
    Registered User ThomasStew's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100) ThomasStew is not very well liked. (-100)
    ThomasStew is offline
    Very interesting and useful reading. Thanks, dude! I don’t know when I will be able to grow up to this (LOL), but the goal has been set!
    Reply With Quote

  11. #731
    Registered User NaorH's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    NaorH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NaorH is offline

    Smile

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Sorry for the late response, I missed the update. 2 days a week is fine if life gets busy, you will still see improvement.
    Hey buddy, thank you for the response.

    recently i'v noticed that im stuck on 200 pounds bench press weights ... i think that my chest is not getting enough stimulation.
    i tried deload the weights and managed to load again and nothing ..
    tought that my triceps might be the problem since im not working on them besides bench/stand press ..
    it would be great if you or anybody else can advice me on how i can get improve.

    p.s -
    importent to remind that im stuck with bench only ..
    im sleeping well, big appetite, no alchohol.
    my weight is: 92kg and 1.76m height.

    thank you.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #732
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,162
    Rep Power: 22851
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is online now
    Originally Posted by NaorH View Post
    Hey buddy, thank you for the response.

    recently i'v noticed that im stuck on 200 pounds bench press weights ... i think that my chest is not getting enough stimulation.
    i tried deload the weights and managed to load again and nothing ..
    tought that my triceps might be the problem since im not working on them besides bench/stand press ..
    it would be great if you or anybody else can advice me on how i can get improve.

    p.s -
    importent to remind that im stuck with bench only ..
    im sleeping well, big appetite, no alchohol.
    my weight is: 92kg and 1.76m height.

    thank you.
    If you have been doing them for a while, you can add in some supplementary work for your arms as prescribed before. Skull crushers are one of my personal favorites for triceps.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #733
    Registered User NaorH's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    NaorH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NaorH is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    If you have been doing them for a while, you can add in some supplementary work for your arms as prescribed before. Skull crushers are one of my personal favorites for triceps.
    thank you
    definitely try it.
    you suggest doing it on a bench day?
    Reply With Quote

  14. #734
    Registered User IronMuskle's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    IronMuskle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IronMuskle is online now
    New here and started this on monday
    Took my weights over from my other routine was abit too much volume and wanna go something more basic

    Current lifts
    Squat 80kg
    Bench 55kg
    Ohp 37.5kg
    Pendlay 50kg
    Didnt do DLs but did RDLs. You reckon starting 90kg might be good? Considering its somewhat close to my squat numbers

    Only accesories I would be interested in is rear/side delt and hamms/calves or not needed?

    Thanks for this Grouchy!
    Reply With Quote

  15. #735
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,162
    Rep Power: 22851
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is online now
    Originally Posted by IronMuskle View Post
    New here and started this on monday
    Took my weights over from my other routine was abit too much volume and wanna go something more basic

    Current lifts
    Squat 80kg
    Bench 55kg
    Ohp 37.5kg
    Pendlay 50kg
    Didnt do DLs but did RDLs. You reckon starting 90kg might be good? Considering its somewhat close to my squat numbers

    Only accesories I would be interested in is rear/side delt and hamms/calves or not needed?

    Thanks for this Grouchy!
    For strict RDLs you will want to start off lighter than your conventional deadlift.

    Reply With Quote

  16. #736
    Registered User IronMuskle's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    IronMuskle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IronMuskle is online now
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    For strict RDLs you will want to start off lighter than your conventional deadlift.

    Yeah I ment i have been doing RDLs and no conventional DLs so asked if 90kg would be a good start. Did them today. 90kg 8 to 9 reps. 1 rep was 100kg (220lbs) so was pretty happy considering I havent conventional DLd in a while
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. Spicewood's Intermediate Powerbuilding Routine
    By spicewood1990 in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2018, 07:51 AM
  2. Beginner Powerbuilding Program recommendations.
    By dittu in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM
  3. Powerbuilding routine
    By 8banger in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts