Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Results 691 to 716 of 716
  1. #691
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by Muzi7421 View Post
    Hi i am 40 years of age . can i start body building. i am already underweight. and facing few health issues . thanks.
    You can. Start with just the empty barbell and learn the movements, take your time, it's not a race.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #692
    Registered User GrizzlyHubes's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    GrizzlyHubes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GrizzlyHubes is offline
    First off, I want to say thank you so much for this plan. I love this workout and was doing it regularly prior to Covid. However, since with how things are now, family, actually getting sick with Covid and having a rough recovery, I have not be in the gym in some time. To just make things easier for myself, I have set up my own home gym in my basement. I am able to complete much of the program however I do not have a Lat pulldown machine. What would you recommend to replace those?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #693
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by GrizzlyHubes View Post
    First off, I want to say thank you so much for this plan. I love this workout and was doing it regularly prior to Covid. However, since with how things are now, family, actually getting sick with Covid and having a rough recovery, I have not be in the gym in some time. To just make things easier for myself, I have set up my own home gym in my basement. I am able to complete much of the program however I do not have a Lat pulldown machine. What would you recommend to replace those?
    If you have a place to do pull-ups I would utilize pull-ups personally. I'm glad you were enjoying it!
    Reply With Quote

  4. #694
    Registered User Dydo's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    Dydo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dydo is offline
    Is this plan suitable for weight loss, I mean when it comes to over 30% fat. If applied with a slight caloric deficit, for example 400-500 calories.
    I am almost 48 years old, I trained a lot when I was young, and now I train for about 4 years, but I sit at the same level. Of course, I do not make much effort and for this reason I am not very advanced. I go to the gym for fun and to maintain tone and good shape. The rows and bench press are stronger than my squats.
    Can I implement this plan, striving for progression, although I do not start from a complete beginner.
    My lifts are: Squat -220 LB, BP -230 LB, DL 290 LB, OHP- 130 Lb, B-Row 220 Lb. As you can see, Squats and DL are my weakest lifts.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #695
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by Dydo View Post
    Is this plan suitable for weight loss, I mean when it comes to over 30% fat. If applied with a slight caloric deficit, for example 400-500 calories.
    I am almost 48 years old, I trained a lot when I was young, and now I train for about 4 years, but I sit at the same level. Of course, I do not make much effort and for this reason I am not very advanced. I go to the gym for fun and to maintain tone and good shape. The rows and bench press are stronger than my squats.
    Can I implement this plan, striving for progression, although I do not start from a complete beginner.
    My lifts are: Squat -220 LB, BP -230 LB, DL 290 LB, OHP- 130 Lb, B-Row 220 Lb. As you can see, Squats and DL are my weakest lifts.
    It can, with some modifications. I would only do the workouts twice a week (A one day, B another, at least one day of rest in between) then add in cardio 3 other times a week. Long walks, low impact stuff, some jogging if your body can handle it. Once you get to the weight you want to be at, that's when you can push the strength gains. Maintaining strength and upping cardio with a caloric deficit is a solid approach to weight loss in my book.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #696
    Registered User Dydo's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    Dydo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dydo is offline
    Thank you for your opinion. Obviously this is a good way to lose weight, but mentally it will be very difficult for me to go to the gym only twice, as I have a constant urge to train and lift weights. In general, I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I know that split muscle training is for the more advanced, but I do it often because it allows me to go to the gym more often, and sometimes I do it for a few days without a break. My other problem is that I really hate cardio, but maybe this is the right approach that gives the best results.
    Thanks again for including my question.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #697
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by Dydo View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. Obviously this is a good way to lose weight, but mentally it will be very difficult for me to go to the gym only twice, as I have a constant urge to train and lift weights. In general, I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I know that split muscle training is for the more advanced, but I do it often because it allows me to go to the gym more often, and sometimes I do it for a few days without a break. My other problem is that I really hate cardio, but maybe this is the right approach that gives the best results.
    Thanks again for including my question.
    Find something you like, and it's not terrible. I personally like rucking (walking with a weighted backpack) the most. It helps improve posture, gives you some strength benefits, has the same effect as running without having to run if you're stepping it out at a good pace, and if the world turns upside down someday getting used to doing a lot of miles with a backpack could be beneficial.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #698
    Registered User Dydo's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    Dydo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dydo is offline
    Yes, there is a great benefit to what you give as advice. Many people practice it and many famous coaches recommend it. However, many experts believe that the main things are the following: to be low in calories, to consume enough protein and strive to maintain strength, and even increase it. This means training harder, for example, it is advised that it would be best in 3-5 repetitions, but without much volume, as well as to practice it often. Especially people like me who are over 30% fat should not worry that they will lose muscle mass if they follow the above principles. Even such obese people have enough stored energy in the form of fat :-)
    However, these recommendations apply to people who train naturally and do not use preparations. If you use preparations, maybe other training plans are better. Surely you are more familiar, and I just share an opinion. Undoubtedly, there are many ways to achieve the goals, it is not written in stone that there is only one way.
    I brought up the topic because I liked the curriculum, which was put on the front pages as an idea, and I also like to train this way. I wanted to know your opinion if it would be useful for me. But you have already expressed your opinion, for which I thank you.
    Last edited by Dydo; 03-23-2021 at 01:43 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #699
    Registered User dannyhetzel's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2014
    Age: 26
    Posts: 46
    Rep Power: 0
    dannyhetzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dannyhetzel is offline

    My legs are shot

    I’ve been on this program for just a few months and I’ve seen great progress on every single lift so far. However, I just had to cut my workout short and I’m now sitting in my car typing this, feeling defeated and frustrated that I couldn’t squat just now.

    I did one warmup set on squats with just the barbell, and my whole lower body (quads, glutes, hammies) immediately went stiff and started to feel sore. I pushed through my warmup sets and did my first working set of 255lbs and couldn’t finish. My legs are completely shot right now.

    I started with 275lbs last workout and had no issues. But it’s been 11 days since then so I lowered my starting weight to 255lbs. Yet I still struggled with just the barbell today...

    Nothing has really changed in my diet or sleep schedule. Could 11 days absent of squats effect me this much? I just did workout B 2 days prior and had no issues with my legs.

    Is this a normal experience for frequent weightlifters? As a matter of fact, my bench and rows felt off today too, but I still managed to hit my reps with them.

    Just a random day of tired muscles, perhaps? I’m both confused and angry right now
    Reply With Quote

  10. #700
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by dannyhetzel View Post
    I’ve been on this program for just a few months and I’ve seen great progress on every single lift so far. However, I just had to cut my workout short and I’m now sitting in my car typing this, feeling defeated and frustrated that I couldn’t squat just now.

    I did one warmup set on squats with just the barbell, and my whole lower body (quads, glutes, hammies) immediately went stiff and started to feel sore. I pushed through my warmup sets and did my first working set of 255lbs and couldn’t finish. My legs are completely shot right now.

    I started with 275lbs last workout and had no issues. But it’s been 11 days since then so I lowered my starting weight to 255lbs. Yet I still struggled with just the barbell today...

    Nothing has really changed in my diet or sleep schedule. Could 11 days absent of squats effect me this much? I just did workout B 2 days prior and had no issues with my legs.

    Is this a normal experience for frequent weightlifters? As a matter of fact, my bench and rows felt off today too, but I still managed to hit my reps with them.

    Just a random day of tired muscles, perhaps? I’m both confused and angry right now
    Just from my own experience, but if you're warming up and nothing feels right, going heavy is almost always a recipe for disaster. Been there done that.

    There could be a number of things. Fatigue from the previous workout, strange sleeping posture, hydration, etc. In essence, you honestly just had an "off day" from the sounds of it. Not every session is going to be one smashing PRs and making great gains. Some sessions it's a win just to show up and get some movement in.

    Rest up, hydrate, stretch, and see how you feel next week.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #701
    Registered User Reznovan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Age: 20
    Posts: 238
    Rep Power: 112
    Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reznovan is offline
    This program has been fantastic for me and Ive been running the program for about a month now making goof progress. The only question I have is would I able able to do Front Squat instead of back squats, or possibly alternate them on different days? I tried doing front squats instead for a couple weeks and then noticed they increased my back squat when I went back to it. For me, it seems the lifts compliment each other.
    Last edited by Reznovan; 04-04-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #702
    Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 3,731
    Rep Power: 22320
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TolerantLactose is offline
    Originally Posted by Reznovan View Post
    This program has been fantastic for me and Ive been running the program for about a month now making goof progress. The only question I have is would I able able to do Front Squat instead of back squats, or possibly alternate them on different days? I tried doing front squats instead for a couple weeks and then noticed they increased my back squat when I went back to it. For me, it seems the lifts compliment each other.
    You pretty much answered your own question.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16
    Reply With Quote

  13. #703
    Registered User Reznovan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Age: 20
    Posts: 238
    Rep Power: 112
    Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reznovan is offline
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question.

    Well. I don't know if doing that would increase my back squat quicker, or just simply not doing them and doing more back squats would be a faster increase to my back squat. If I do choose to do them, adding 10 pounds to front squat every set seems to be too much and if I did do them, I guess I would just have to do 5 pound increases.
    Last edited by Reznovan; 04-08-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #704
    Registered User andysafc97's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Age: 24
    Posts: 67
    Rep Power: 126
    andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    andysafc97 is offline
    Hi grouchy

    Starting this routine on Monday. I’ve been training for just over a year on Phraks GSLP and made little progress, so going to switch to this one.

    Just a quick question, I haven’t squat or benched in about 2 months because it started to aggravate my shoulder, to the point where it hurt to wash my hands and shut car doors.

    I’m going to try and ease the squat and bench back in, but I think doing both on the same day might be putting too much stress on the shoulder. Would it be ok if I swapped the bench and press around, so I bench on deadlift day and press on squat day? Or would you recommend leaving it the way it is?
    Reply With Quote

  15. #705
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by andysafc97 View Post
    Hi grouchy

    Starting this routine on Monday. I’ve been training for just over a year on Phraks GSLP and made little progress, so going to switch to this one.

    Just a quick question, I haven’t squat or benched in about 2 months because it started to aggravate my shoulder, to the point where it hurt to wash my hands and shut car doors.

    I’m going to try and ease the squat and bench back in, but I think doing both on the same day might be putting too much stress on the shoulder. Would it be ok if I swapped the bench and press around, so I bench on deadlift day and press on squat day? Or would you recommend leaving it the way it is?
    You can switch around the pressing movements if you want, that's fine. Let me know how it goes.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #706
    Registered User Drewie79's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2018
    Age: 51
    Posts: 25
    Rep Power: 0
    Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drewie79 is offline
    Good stuff man. I think I am gonna try this depending on what you will recommend after you read my reply. So to make a long story short. In the last year I managed to lose around 22kg I went from 90kg to 68kg, I am only 160cm height and 42 years old. I followed Mrbp nutrition advice on calculating calories and macros religiously plus some brisk walking every day and trx when I felt like it and here I am. Still need to lose some extra kilos around 6-7 to get at a decent weight and bodyfat (current bodyfat at 25%). So what I wanna ask you is whether I should do that first or start the routine and try to lose the weight at the same time. The reason I am asking is that this routine seems very demanding and I am not sure if I can do some cardio or at least some brisk walking on my rest days. I imagine if I follow this routine I would be mostly sore at my rest days? So what do you think? Do I lose the extra weight first and start after or do I just go for it? Just keep in mind that I am totally inexperienced when it comes to weight lifting.
    Last edited by Drewie79; 05-16-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #707
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by Drewie79 View Post
    Good stuff man. I think I am gonna try this depending on what you will recommend after you read my reply. So to make a long story short. In the last year I managed to lose around 22kg I went from 90kg to 68kg, I am only 160cm height and 42 years old. I followed Mrbp nutrition advice on calculating calories and macros religiously plus some brisk walking every day and trx when I felt like it and here I am. Still need to lose some extra kilos around 6-7 to get at a decent weight and bodyfat (current bodyfat at 25%). So what I wanna ask you is whether I should do that first or start the routine and try to lose the weight at the same time. The reason I am asking is that this routine seems very demanding and I am not sure if I can do some cardio or at least some brisk walking on my rest days. I imagine if I follow this routine I would be mostly sore at my rest days? So what do you think? Do I lose the extra weight first and start after or do I just go for it? Just keep in mind that I am totally inexperienced when it comes to weight lifting.
    Start off light as recommended and you will be fine to combine the two. That's excellent weight loss, Mrbp gives good advice. Brisk walking won't cut into your recovery too much, in fact it will probably help it as you are still moving and not lying around after a hard session. I think you should give it a go.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #708
    Registered User Drewie79's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2018
    Age: 51
    Posts: 25
    Rep Power: 0
    Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drewie79 is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Start off light as recommended and you will be fine to combine the two. That's excellent weight loss, Mrbp gives good advice. Brisk walking won't cut into your recovery too much, in fact it will probably help it as you are still moving and not lying around after a hard session. I think you should give it a go.
    Awesome!! thanks.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #709
    Registered User Drewie79's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2018
    Age: 51
    Posts: 25
    Rep Power: 0
    Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drewie79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drewie79 is offline
    I hope its ok if I can inform you of my progress here and ask a few more questions as we go. So first week (gyms just opened after the lockdown here) into the workout and I am loving it. I know its too early to talk about gains and goals but the main thing for me is that I already feel my body much better and stiffer. The only problem I have is that I am not sure if I have proper form for the exercises although I think I am really close from how I feel my muscles when I am doing the exercises. Is there a way to be sure that you are doing the exercises in proper form other than watching videos and reading theory?
    Reply With Quote

  20. #710
    Registered User fairbjosh's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Gibsonton, Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 933
    Rep Power: 2283
    fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000)
    fairbjosh is offline
    What % of 1-REP Max would you use for starting weight?
    Reply With Quote

  21. #711
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by Drewie79 View Post
    I hope its ok if I can inform you of my progress here and ask a few more questions as we go. So first week (gyms just opened after the lockdown here) into the workout and I am loving it. I know its too early to talk about gains and goals but the main thing for me is that I already feel my body much better and stiffer. The only problem I have is that I am not sure if I have proper form for the exercises although I think I am really close from how I feel my muscles when I am doing the exercises. Is there a way to be sure that you are doing the exercises in proper form other than watching videos and reading theory?
    If you start off light, watch videos, and focus on what you are doing, you will be fine. You can always video yourself and watch your reps to compare them with other videos you have seen as well.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #712
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by fairbjosh View Post
    What % of 1-REP Max would you use for starting weight?
    If you're a more established lifter but have some linear progression to get through, I would take 10-15% off your previous work sets and build up from there. You will probably hit a plateau a lot more quickly than a beginner lifter but still get something out of it.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #713
    Registered User OnThisMotive's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnThisMotive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OnThisMotive is offline
    Can this be done effectively on a cut? Or would you stall and die lmao.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #714
    Registered User andysafc97's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Age: 24
    Posts: 67
    Rep Power: 126
    andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andysafc97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    andysafc97 is offline
    Sorry I had a skim through the thread and couldn’t find anything about this.

    Regarding the 3x6, 1x6+ scheme. Am I right in thinking that if you only manage 6 reps on the last set, you keep the same weight for the next session?
    Reply With Quote

  25. #715
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 873
    Rep Power: 14620
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by OnThisMotive View Post
    Can this be done effectively on a cut? Or would you stall and die lmao.
    You could do this while cutting, you will just not see as much improvement in strength as you could if you were at maintenance or bulking.

    Originally Posted by andysafc97 View Post
    Sorry I had a skim through the thread and couldn’t find anything about this.

    Regarding the 3x6, 1x6+ scheme. Am I right in thinking that if you only manage 6 reps on the last set, you keep the same weight for the next session?
    Correct.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #716
    Registered User AkkiWorkz's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2021
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    AkkiWorkz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    AkkiWorkz is offline
    i would like to try this one out i have just come back from a surgery let me try this
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. Spicewood's Intermediate Powerbuilding Routine
    By spicewood1990 in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2018, 07:51 AM
  2. Beginner Powerbuilding Program recommendations.
    By dittu in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM
  3. Powerbuilding routine
    By 8banger in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts