Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    I ended up having two accounts because of the password change fiasco and I no longer had access to that old email. BB.com let me make a new one and banned the old one so I didn't have two accounts. That's all.

oh that makes sense, good to hear that!

i have some questions, would love if you could answer them

-there are 5 "pulling" movements per week. and only 4 pushing movements per week (A B A)
    -10 pulling movements and only 2 pushing movement (B A B) dont you think thats putting maybye too much emphasis on pulling? maybye swap out that lat pulldown for some kind of push?

-can i swap out deadlifts for pullups (good back exercises) if i dont want to deadlift?
    -can i swap out leg press for squats (injury)

-why no direct tricep work? is the idea to get really good at pressing so your triceps grow from that?
    -no direct isolation work but i suppose those chins will be good, can you do them weighted? or stick to bodyweight?

-what to do if you notice lagging bodyparts halfway through the program from not getting any direct work? (traps, calves, forearms, biceps, triceps, rear delts)
    "Get Better Today" - Russel Orhii

AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have 4 months of going to the gym without a stable workout routine and this looks really solid.
    In this 4 months I did a bro split routine of 4 days a week, training mostly for hypertrophy, 3x10-12 reps for each exercise and I've seen pretty good results.
    I've been doing your program for 3 weeks and I dig it, but I would like to add 2 more days, tuesday-chest/triceps, and thursday-back/biceps, consisting of low weight, high rep exercises for additional muscle growth.
    I can deffinetely take it, but I am afraid of overtraining. What do you think?

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry I didn’t notice this when it first popped up.

Originally Posted by TopHeavyMirin View Post
    -there are 5 "pulling" movements per week. and only 4 pushing movements per week (A B A)
    -10 pulling movements and only 2 pushing movement (B A B) dont you think thats putting maybye too much emphasis on pulling? maybye swap out that lat pulldown for some kind of push?
    Most people do too much pushing and not enough pulling. I’ve never seen an overdeveloped back yet either. Some folks argue there should be a 2:1 pull/push ratio and I’ve found that for me personally and those who have tried this the more pulling tends to be beneficial.

-can i swap out deadlifts for pullups (good back exercises) if i dont want to deadlift?
    -can i swap out leg press for squats (injury)
    Squats and deadlifts are two of the best exercises you can do. Why don’t you want to deadlift? What injury prevents you from squatting? I have two herniated discs and clean, deadlift, and squat every week right now.

-why no direct tricep work? is the idea to get really good at pressing so your triceps grow from that?
    -no direct isolation work but i suppose those chins will be good, can you do them weighted? or stick to bodyweight?
    There is an option to add in accessory work after several weeks. Most people would find better growth focusing their effort on bumping up their big lifts at first rather than majoring in the minors. Weighted chins are good to go.

-what to do if you notice lagging bodyparts halfway through the program from not getting any direct work? (traps, calves, forearms, biceps, triceps, rear delts)
    In the main thread I explain how to approach this. Basically it’s adding 1-2 accessory exercises after you’ve run the base program for a while to address any areas you think need work.

GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AndyBendy View Post
    I have 4 months of going to the gym without a stable workout routine and this looks really solid.
    In this 4 months I did a bro split routine of 4 days a week, training mostly for hypertrophy, 3x10-12 reps for each exercise and I've seen pretty good results.
    I've been doing your program for 3 weeks and I dig it, but I would like to add 2 more days, tuesday-chest/triceps, and thursday-back/biceps, consisting of low weight, high rep exercises for additional muscle growth.
    I can deffinetely take it, but I am afraid of overtraining. What do you think?
    Add 50 pounds to your bench and rows then see how your arm development is going. If you need accessory work, read the main thread in how to approach it.

Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Greyskull?

How is this program different or better than Greyskull LP? Or specifically Phraks variant of GSLP?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Stenning View Post
    How is this program different or better than Greyskull LP? Or specifically Phraks variant of GSLP?

Thanks.
    Any effective beginner program is going to be similar in many ways. This is just some different rep schemes, it's autoregulating, and a bigger emphasis on upper body pulls if you want to simplify it down to those terms.