Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by antone315 View Post
    Hey grouchy when u going to release that upper lower routine?
    I actually feel confident enough to release it soon, just need to polish up the writing a bit as I'm not the best author.

antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antone315 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    I actually feel confident enough to release it soon, just need to polish up the writing a bit as I'm not the best author.
    Nah I think you do a great job outlining and explaining everything for your routine..get on it! I know I'm eager and I'm sure a bunch of other people still running this program are too

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by antone315 View Post
    Nah I think you do a great job outlining and explaining everything for your routine..get on it! I know I'm eager and I'm sure a bunch of other people still running this program are too
    Well, you inspired me.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175303901

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should probably add this to the sticky thread in order for it not to be missed in later pages of the forum section.

couponado is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have started to follow this routine before 2 month ago and now I am feeling better!

Originally Posted by couponado View Post
    I have started to follow this routine before 2 month ago and now I am feeling better!
    Good to hear couponado. I hope you see good progress.

IstvanM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all
    My Name Its István, nice to meet you guys , i'm 40 years old, and i'm here cause i have weight problem, and + Herniated disc problem as well, current weight its 80KG 176 Pounds, my tummy have fat, and was measure in lower navel, i have 2 finger layer of fat , and i don't like it, so i want to burn this fat fully or at least half it, looking a home fat burn program video or just home workout program that burn fat and lower my weight as well.

Current live routine
    Wake up, wait 1 hour then i go take my dinner that 1 hour walking, dinner and its like 400gramm "restaurant" not fast food, then in home make some work mostly in chair, till 11 hour, then eat 1 finger thick bread + salami + mayonnaise and 3 hour later 7 hour sleep, nothing i eat between that 11 hour., max drinking tea with sugar and lemon or fruit juice.
    If need i can lower dinner and kick out bread as well, was start 2 weeks ago diet with less sugar, before diet i was eat 2 bread a day, this is my Monday to Friday routine, on Saturday i eat different fast food like pizza + hamburger + china food + KFC, Sunday, mostly eat my own home made food, all day have same routine.

Did i ask to much or i'm in wrong thread? or miss type something?
    I looking home cardio burn fat training program, my Herniated disc problem was diagnosed 16 years ago, currently i'm ok, no pain at all for the last 10 year, only a little insensibility on my back of the left leg comb, that all i have. i was tell this problem cause i don't want running, anything else will be ok to do, 2 years ago was in gyms, 5 day a week, for 4 month, was no problem, was lose 5KG, but now i cant go gyms, cause i work in home, i looking solution.

alanglz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IstvanM View Post
    Did i ask to much or i'm in wrong thread? or miss type something?
    I looking home cardio burn fat training program, my Herniated disc problem was diagnosed 16 years ago, currently i'm ok, no pain at all for the last 10 year, only a little insensibility on my back of the left leg comb, that all i have. i was tell this problem cause i don't want running, anything else will be ok to do, 2 years ago was in gyms, 5 day a week, for 4 month, was no problem, was lose 5KG, but now i cant go gyms, cause i work in home, i looking solution.
    This is wrong forum, but this routine is good, although you need equipment.
    First: quit the fast food, KFC and pizza are no t good if you want to lose fat.

Originally Posted by alanglz View Post
    This is wrong forum, but this routine is good, although you need equipment.
    First: quit the fast food, KFC and pizza are no t good if you want to lose fat.
    which forum i need to go with my question? losing fat?

Btw i have weight-lifting kit, its not like a pro 1, but handy , 2 small barbell and i can put 2x 0.5 + 1.5 + 2 KG so in 1 hand 10KG, or if i want 4x2+1.5+0.5 +2KG for the rod so 18KG in 1 hand max
    Last edited by IstvanM; 01-29-2018 at 04:22 PM.

TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheAthlete1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IstvanM View Post
    which forum i need to go with my question? losing fat?

Btw i have weight-lifting kit, its not like a pro 1, but handy , 2 small barbell and i can put 2x 0.5 + 1.5 + 2 KG so in 1 hand 10KG, or if i want 4x2+1.5+0.5 +2KG for the rod so 18KG in 1 hand max
    Well if all you have is a barbell i'd say just do barbell complexes at home "Google barbell complexes". Then download my fitnesspal app on your phone, and track you calories to lose weight. My solution is eat less and move more.
    Also yes you need to post this in the fat loss section.
    STRETCH.LIFT.SPRINT

Registered User JusTryingToTone's Avatar
    JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000) JusTryingToTone is just really nice. (+1000)

Thankyou

GrouchyJarhead, Thanks a lot for creating this routine really enjoy it.

Been following it now since middle of November in hope of getting my squat up after years of neglecting legs in the gym due to an old knee injury.

At the same time as finding your program, I stumbled upon the fact I can front squat pain free, so hope I havent butchered your program by switching back squats for front squats.

Anyway before I started your program my front squat was at 40kg for 5 reps, I am now repping 60kg for 6/4/3/2/1 to 80kg for the single.

Been doing ABA each week as I find deadlifting twice a week too much, and have been eating at maintenance as im getting married in May. Hopefully once i start eating at a small surplus after the wedding my squat can keep going up and one day not look out of place compared to my other lifts.

My other lifts are
    Bench Paused 105kg (102.5kg before ur program)
    Deadlift 185kg (185 before ur program)

Cheers

Originally Posted by JusTryingToTone View Post
    GrouchyJarhead, Thanks a lot for creating this routine really enjoy it.

Been following it now since middle of November in hope of getting my squat up after years of neglecting legs in the gym due to an old knee injury.

At the same time as finding your program, I stumbled upon the fact I can front squat pain free, so hope I havent butchered your program by switching back squats for front squats.

Anyway before I started your program my front squat was at 40kg for 5 reps, I am now repping 60kg for 6/4/3/2/1 to 80kg for the single.

Been doing ABA each week as I find deadlifting twice a week too much, and have been eating at maintenance as im getting married in May. Hopefully once i start eating at a small surplus after the wedding my squat can keep going up and one day not look out of place compared to my other lifts.

My other lifts are
    Bench Paused 105kg (102.5kg before ur program)
    Deadlift 185kg (185 before ur program)

Cheers
    Glad to hear it is working out for you. As someone with two herniated discs, I can appreciate front squatting only. Congratulations on the wedding.

Registered User Barbecuebarbell's Avatar
    Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a nice tweak for those who are nearing the end of progression on this program to get some more out of it before switching to a more intermediate routine. When you stall on the 4x6, switch to 5x3 as grouchy talked about Young doing, BUT alternate between the two every other workout. So say you stalled at 235 for 4x6 on bench. Switch to 5x3 next time and go for like 245. Then the next time you bench switch back to the 4x6 at 235 and you should hit it. Essentially you're progressing both the 4x6 and the 5x3 independent of one another so the 5x3 drives up the 4x6. This is a method I read about on 70's Big that Justin Laczek used to milk his linear gains (he used 3x5 and 3x3) and you should get a good amount more out of this doing this.

Broseidon91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, nice routine. Was doing fierce 5 but was lookibg for something more PW orientated. I am losing fat, started monday but fell sick now so will restart next week.
    I know it aint that good to switch up the routines but I like the setup of this one better
    I did the weights i ended with on f5 but I think the bench was a little bit on the higher end, the amrap set i couldnt get above 6 so best to drop 5lb or drop 10% and recuperate that way?
    Squat i dropped 10kg on the amrap 75 instead of 85 got 7reps and ended with 90 kg as 1 rep set
    Is this a good startup? Or should I drop some weight here too?
    Also; never did ohp, I am reslly weak at it should I just start with bar weight or like 5 or 10lbs and then build my way up?

Anywayz thanks for you time, might start a log to keep focussed after this week and your response so that I start off the good way

My goal: lose fat atm, abs are a want but not a must I know with a decent deficit and hard work I will get there no matter which workout I do. But goal is when I reach kind of my goal of dropping fat to gwt stronger. I prefer to be strong rather than look strong and push mini weights

Great routine man!

carlozdre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've started a variation of it last year and I had decent progress. I've started fresh again last week after a short break (holidays, laziness) and will stick to it by the book so I have a quick question, please.

I've started deadlifts with 40kg (50% body weight as you recommended). I've done 20+ reps (then 45x4, 50x3, and so on) so according to:

"For every rep over 5 for the squat and deadlift, you will add 10# to your work set the next time"

That means 40kg x 150% then? If that's correct, what weight do I start with as I don't think I can mantain proper form with 100kg? Do I just do it to fail this week then substract say 25% in 4 days (assuming I will immedately fail) or start straight away with 75kg?

It feels to me that the initial advice to start light doesn't make any sense since on the second session you add weight, at least double and are set to fail so there must be something I didn't get!

Originally Posted by carlozdre View Post
    I've started a variation of it last year and I had decent progress. I've started fresh again last week after a short break (holidays, laziness) and will stick to it by the book so I have a quick question, please.

I've started deadlifts with 40kg (50% body weight as you recommended). I've done 20+ reps (then 45x4, 50x3, and so on) so according to:

"For every rep over 5 for the squat and deadlift, you will add 10# to your work set the next time"

That means 40kg x 150% then? If that's correct, what weight do I start with as I don't think I can mantain proper form with 100kg? Do I just do it to fail this week then substract say 25% in 4 days (assuming I will immedately fail) or start straight away with 75kg?

It feels to me that the initial advice to start light doesn't make any sense since on the second session you add weight, at least double and are set to fail so there must be something I didn't get!
    The recommendation to start at 50% is for the average beginner who doesn't know their strength levels yet.

Even if you do more reps, you do not add more than 10-20 pounds (or 5-10kg) per session.

Originally Posted by Broseidon91 View Post
    Hey man, nice routine. Was doing fierce 5 but was lookibg for something more PW orientated. I am losing fat, started monday but fell sick now so will restart next week.
    I know it aint that good to switch up the routines but I like the setup of this one better
    I did the weights i ended with on f5 but I think the bench was a little bit on the higher end, the amrap set i couldnt get above 6 so best to drop 5lb or drop 10% and recuperate that way?
    Squat i dropped 10kg on the amrap 75 instead of 85 got 7reps and ended with 90 kg as 1 rep set
    Is this a good startup? Or should I drop some weight here too?
    Also; never did ohp, I am reslly weak at it should I just start with bar weight or like 5 or 10lbs and then build my way up?

Anywayz thanks for you time, might start a log to keep focussed after this week and your response so that I start off the good way

My goal: lose fat atm, abs are a want but not a must I know with a decent deficit and hard work I will get there no matter which workout I do. But goal is when I reach kind of my goal of dropping fat to gwt stronger. I prefer to be strong rather than look strong and push mini weights

Great routine man!
    When starting a new routine it's always better to start on the lighter side of things at first rather than heavier. Give yourself room to grow.

carlozdre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The recommendation to start at 50% is for the average beginner who doesn't know their strength levels yet.

Even if you do more reps, you do not add more than 10-20 pounds (or 5-10kg) per session.
    Sweet, so I will gradually go up with say 5kgs regardless of how many I can rep. Cheers.

shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I've been working on this program for just over 1 month now and first let me say thanks Grouchy, I've made some pretty appreciable strength gains using it, surpassing even my own expectations. I have run into a bit of a snag though, and was looking for some advice.

At the start of the year I tested my maxes and got 210lbs for squat and 260lbs for deadlift (I know I know, they're not amazing but I'm short and weak). Anyway, since then I've been following the program and have found that my last rep for both is now higher than this. I'm also noticing that all my other lifts are not only stalling, but going backwards. Any advise on what the issue might be?

Am I just burning myself out by training at so close to my 1rm? Should I consider some other rep variation for the squat and deadlift now?

Broseidon91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So you think best is to lower my weights a bit?
    Do you reckon a 10% drop or better a 15 or 20%?

For anyone just starting this routine who is not a brand new lifter, I would recommend starting at about 70% your estimated 1RM for your work sets at the maximum. Most stalling issues come from starting too heavy, going too heavy too fast or not resting enough between sets.

SilvanaWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for this, I'll be giving it a try next cycle.

LowPowerLifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Made an account to say thanks! Great program, been running it for 11 weeks and made some good strength gains and suprisingly even better size gains. I like all the pulling and back work. Bench went from 185 to 225, deadlift when from 265 to 315, and squat went from 205 to 265. I stuck with the program and made good progress. I recently added 1 accessory after each workout being skullcrushers and curls. I also added a few drop sets on the compounds for a little more hypertrophy because i like a little extra volume, but it's probably completely unnecessary for anyone else. Thanks man, great program!

gnik8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the best way for a beginner to gain some muscle is to focus on strength, and the best way for a beginner to build strength/power (power = strength x acceleration) is a full-body routine, focusing on heavy compound movements with 4-6 reps and 3-5 sets, something like Mark Rippetoe and Alpha Destiny suggest to do.

Originally Posted by LowPowerLifter View Post
    Made an account to say thanks! Great program, been running it for 11 weeks and made some good strength gains and suprisingly even better size gains. I like all the pulling and back work. Bench went from 185 to 225, deadlift when from 265 to 315, and squat went from 205 to 265. I stuck with the program and made good progress. I recently added 1 accessory after each workout being skullcrushers and curls. I also added a few drop sets on the compounds for a little more hypertrophy because i like a little extra volume, but it's probably completely unnecessary for anyone else. Thanks man, great program!
    Glad to hear it!

shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawndom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I tested my 1rms in Jan before doing this program for 3 months. I've just retested all my 1rms again this week, so thought I'd share my stats for anyone who might be remotely interested...

Jan
    Weight: 150lbs
    Squat: 210lbs
    Bench: 160lbs
    Deadlift: 260lbs

Apr
    Weight: 157lbs
    Squat: 235lbs
    Bench: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 335lbs

I've no idea if these numbers are any good for a self proclaimed novice but any progress is good progress I suppose!

I’d say that’s pretty darn good progress to me. You are putting in the work that’s for sure.

powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powderrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

I'm getting started again after a 3 year break and this program looks good, thanks for the effort.

The template seems to be missing though?

Originally Posted by powderrr View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting started again after a 3 year break and this program looks good, thanks for the effort.

The template seems to be missing though?
    Unfortunately the link to the picture has been broken for months now. Here you go.

WORKOUT A.
    Bench 3x6, 1x6+
    Pendlay Row 3x6, 1x6+
    Squat 5+-4-3-2-1
    Chin-Ups 3x AMRAP

WORKOUT B.
    Standing Press 3x6, 1x6+
    Deadlift 5+-4-3-2-1
    Lat Pulldowns 3x6, 1x6+
    Kroc Rows 1-2x AMRAP