Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Still making great gains, everything is increasing. Almost to 3 plates squat, hit 265 for a heavy single today.
    https://youtu.be/7kLdGm5xtTc
    B: 225
    S:335
    DL:425

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you have any substitute for one-arm rows? I personally do not like them at all. I find it is very hard not to cheat when pushing to AMRAP and sometimes I get pain in my Teres Major.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are experiencing those kind of difficulties, dropping the weight a bit and shooting for 2x20 tops per set. Another option would be just one AMRAP set if it's the second one that usually bugs you. It's a great exercise so I'd be hesitant to replace it with something else if you can modify it slightly for your own purposes.

alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexxh56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Below I have attached a program that focuses on strength and hypertrophy. It is geared around powerlifting, and incorporates specific movements as such. I'd like to emphasize that the workouts are to be done to failure, even though percentages are supplied. Also, be sure to base percentages off of 1 rep maximum. This is a 7 day on schedule that should be done consecutively for 4 weeks minimum (though I recommend 12 weeks). This is clearly for advanced lifters if you must take breaks make sure that they are active rest days, and try to plan them for the end of the week!
    Attached Files

Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just started a journal in the Over 35 forum. I'm a total noob to lifting and to the site. Can't post links yet but it's called "BrettOC's 1st Timer Journal". Should be an interesting trial as I'm a complete beginner and I just got a dexa scan a couple weeks ago so I have really accurate current BF / LBM numbers. I plan to get a couple more in the coming months, because progress!

I started day one today of this program. Have never lifted at all but this program appealed to me because of the self-regulating aspect of it. Looking forward to it. Thanks grouchyjarhead!

VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) VictusXIII is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This has been an awesome experience.

I stated this workout following a mish-mash I had put together myself. I'm an on-again off-again guy that has been attempting to find and settle thing something I like for a long time. I've given up almost as many times as I have started. I really straight up feel in love with this program from the first week.

March 27 I started my first week of this program and my lifts were.. low, but this is what I could do. I made all my wights to 'move up' but I also experienced a confidence boost that I had never had. Which has let me push myself further.

Workout A:
    Bench - 116 x 6 (+set)
    Squat - 116lbs x 8 (+set)
    Pendlay Row - 70 x 8 (+set)
    Chinups - Bw x 1 , 1

Workout B:
    Press - 60 x 7 (+set)
    Deadlift - 116 x 7 (+set) *I had a major back injury 2 years ago due to improper deadlift form that was a huge mental hurdle that this program has helped me overcome!*
    Lat Pulldown - 90 x 7 (+set)
    One arm rows - 20 x 20 (AMRAP)

Now As of May 12, and Two weeks of No deadlifts ( Hurt my back being dumb!) This is where I stand.

Workout A:

Bench - 131 x 6 (+set)
    Squat - 156 x 8 (+set)
    Pendlay Row - 115 x 7 (+ set)
    Chinups - Bw x 5, 3, 2 (AMRAP)

Workout B:

Press - 80 x 6 (+ set)
    Deadlift - 136 x 10 (+ set)
    Lat Pulldown - 110 x 8 (+ set)
    One arm rows - 40 x 20 (AMRAP)

Anyways. This was a bit winded, and I'm not really the "keep a log online" type. I prefer my book, pen and paper style. I just wanted in the end to say thank you for this damn awesome program. I feel stronger and more sure of myself in this program than I have in any other program I have tried and failed in the last 8 years.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Viking2396 View Post
    I subscribed and will follow along.

Originally Posted by BrettOC View Post
    I just started a journal in the Over 35 forum. I'm a total noob to lifting and to the site. Can't post links yet but it's called "BrettOC's 1st Timer Journal". Should be an interesting trial as I'm a complete beginner and I just got a dexa scan a couple weeks ago so I have really accurate current BF / LBM numbers. I plan to get a couple more in the coming months, because progress!

I started day one today of this program. Have never lifted at all but this program appealed to me because of the self-regulating aspect of it. Looking forward to it. Thanks grouchyjarhead!
    Sounds good, I'm subscribed and going to follow along.

Originally Posted by VictusXIII View Post
    I stated this workout following a mish-mash I had put together myself. I'm an on-again off-again guy that has been attempting to find and settle thing something I like for a long time. I've given up almost as many times as I have started. I really straight up feel in love with this program from the first week.

March 27 I started my first week of this program and my lifts were.. low, but this is what I could do. I made all my wights to 'move up' but I also experienced a confidence boost that I had never had. Which has let me push myself further.

Workout A:
    Bench - 116 x 6 (+set)
    Squat - 116lbs x 8 (+set)
    Pendlay Row - 70 x 8 (+set)
    Chinups - Bw x 1 , 1

Workout B:
    Press - 60 x 7 (+set)
    Deadlift - 116 x 7 (+set) *I had a major back injury 2 years ago due to improper deadlift form that was a huge mental hurdle that this program has helped me overcome!*
    Lat Pulldown - 90 x 7 (+set)
    One arm rows - 20 x 20 (AMRAP)

Now As of May 12, and Two weeks of No deadlifts ( Hurt my back being dumb!) This is where I stand.

Workout A:

Bench - 131 x 6 (+set)
    Squat - 156 x 8 (+set)
    Pendlay Row - 115 x 7 (+ set)
    Chinups - Bw x 5, 3, 2 (AMRAP)

Workout B:

Press - 80 x 6 (+ set)
    Deadlift - 136 x 10 (+ set)
    Lat Pulldown - 110 x 8 (+ set)
    One arm rows - 40 x 20 (AMRAP)

Anyways. This was a bit winded, and I'm not really the "keep a log online" type. I prefer my book, pen and paper style. I just wanted in the end to say thank you for this damn awesome program. I feel stronger and more sure of myself in this program than I have in any other program I have tried and failed in the last 8 years.
    Awesome progress so far VictusXIII, keep up the hard work! The main thing is finding a good program you enjoy and putting in the work. Very glad to have helped you in any way.

GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So been running this for around 6 weeks now, I wasn't a total noob so I'm not surprised I haven't seen massive strength gains all around. My bench is hovering around 4x6 for 90kg, squats have moved up steadily so my first set of 5 is 100kg, I've been taking the increments at 2.5kg as squatting can be a dangerous task while at sea! My deads have flew up, on 130kg for 5 and rarely go more than 2 sessions without bumping up. Using 5kg increments so end with a single at 150kg. The remainder of exercises have been slower to progress but for the most part these are moves I've not really done before so trying to perfect form before dumping too much weight on! I'm still enjoying the quickness of this routine. 2 mins rest in between sets means I'm usually out in an hour which is refreshing. Struggled to keep to the exact schedule but still managing to get 3 workout per week. Will give another update in a while!

BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrettOC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VictusXIII View Post
    Thanks for the progress update. Cool to see!

Originally Posted by GazBenj90 View Post
    So been running this for around 6 weeks now, I wasn't a total noob so I'm not surprised I haven't seen massive strength gains all around. My bench is hovering around 4x6 for 90kg, squats have moved up steadily so my first set of 5 is 100kg, I've been taking the increments at 2.5kg as squatting can be a dangerous task while at sea! My deads have flew up, on 130kg for 5 and rarely go more than 2 sessions without bumping up. Using 5kg increments so end with a single at 150kg. The remainder of exercises have been slower to progress but for the most part these are moves I've not really done before so trying to perfect form before dumping too much weight on! I'm still enjoying the quickness of this routine. 2 mins rest in between sets means I'm usually out in an hour which is refreshing. Struggled to keep to the exact schedule but still managing to get 3 workout per week. Will give another update in a while!
    Always good to hear from those who have been running this for a bit. Thanks.

Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juanjitozuniga will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    starting this next week, what if i can't do chin ups? can i add a superset of skullcrushers with curls??

Originally Posted by Juanjitozuniga View Post
    starting this next week, what if i can't do chin ups? can i add a superset of skullcrushers with curls??
    Do you not have a place for them, or do you mean you cannot do them right now?

GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GazBenj90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Grouchy, you making any progress with an intermediate routine? Got to say I'm still well into this, I thought the lifts with the 3x6, 1x7 would never go up but the OHP and wide arm pull up finally went up. I was yo-yoing between 37.5 and 40kg for an age but moving up to 42.5kg for my next sesh. Wide arm pulls are now up to BW +17.5kg. Bench is still bottomed out at 90kg but I'm happy to persevere for a while yet, I'm not a results or out kinda guy!

I have a few folks testing out a more intermediate upper/lower. Most seem to be enjoying it, though the first cycle to get used to it was an adjustment.

itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any chance you can post it? I'm wanting to come off the full body and split into an upper lower. Would be awesome to give it a shot.

wanda0123456 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a new member. What's in the new, please introduce me.

AdamHeimby is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Progression in the deadlift and squat

The rep method for the squat and dead is 5+-4-3-2-1. But how should I progress with weight I didn't get that

The 5+ set determines it. For every rep above 5 you add 5 pounds next workout. So if you deadlifted 315x7 next workout would be 325 for your 5+ set.

Originally Posted by itrain4life98 View Post
    Any chance you can post it? I'm wanting to come off the full body and split into an upper lower. Would be awesome to give it a shot.
    PM me your current numbers, bodyweight, and facilities and you might be a good candidate for it.

Another quick update. Progressing smoothly over the past few weeks. Bench is finally solid at 92.5kg after being stuck at 90 for ages! Deads have flew up another 10kg so I'm starting on 5 reps at 140kg. Squats are steady at 105kg as are most of the other lifts. Been chopping and changing weights on the pendlay so my torso is stationary as opposed to cheating and using momentum to sling the bar up. Still really loving this routine. It's hard not to really, core lifts without donating 18 hours a day to do it!

bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10) bluebunker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone think this would be good on consecutive days? Ie Mon A, Tue B, Wed A, Thu rest, Fri A, Sat B, Sun A, Mon rest etc.?

Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm going to try new plank variations today. Aiming for a full minute!

Originally Posted by bluebunker View Post
    Anyone think this would be good on consecutive days? Ie Mon A, Tue B, Wed A, Thu rest, Fri A, Sat B, Sun A, Mon rest etc.?
    Not at all. Three times a week is plenty.

Baldeagle94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whats'up Fellas, I am currently working on The Big 70's LP but found this Sticky and I am Extremely interested in switching over.
    How would one transition with a Bench-260, Squat-290, Press-160, Deadlift-305.

Some general questions I would want to ask. 1) I am starting a pretty physical job in a month any suggestions on training and working 2) What is a good general mobility/ warmup - I was thinking a quick mobility session and agility ladder or box jumps?- I limited time in weight room 3) I would want to add some conditioning- Weighted vest walk or 1 mile run on off days would be a good idea? 4) I want to add in Band pull apart for shoulder health, can done on training days.

KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10) KendallT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Grouchy! This routine looks really good. I never tried a powerbuilding routine and I wanted to know if this would be a good fit for me. I'm currently cutting but I will probably start bulking again in september, but I was thinking of switching now even though I'm on a cut. Currently doing Fierce 5 Upper/Lower My numbers are:

Squat: 275x6
    Bench: 175x6
    Deadlift: 280x5
    OHP: 115x6
    Row: 140x6

I somewhat stalled on the upper lower due to being in a deficit but I also think I may have some linear progression gains to go. Would it be a good Idea to switch? Also, I i do decide to switch, should I alternate deads and RDL's?
    Log: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152270373

Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100)

Question I want to start this program and I have some questions.

I was 6 months on Fierce 5, and I think this program will help me to build mass and strenght. I'm 16yrs, 78kg, 181cm, currently started bulk. My goal is aesthetic body not powerlifting but seems this program will give me both strenght and muscle mass.

My 1rm for now are :
    Bench - 85kg
    Deadlift - 140kg
    Squat - 130kg
    OHP - (never done 1rm) was doing 50x5 sets
    Barbell Row - (never done 1rm) was doing 80x5 sets
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I think it would be a good idea do add some Lateral Raises, Biceps, Triceps x1 + ofc calves and abs. I wasn't doing the original fierce 5. I was doing this :
    Workout A

Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Barbell Row 3x5
    Face Pulls 4x10-12
    Lateral Raises 4x10
    Tricep pressdowns 4x10
    Calf raises 4x20

Workout B

Squat 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5 or 1x3
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Lat Pulldowns 4x8
    Bicep Incline Curls 4x10
    Ab work 4x15

As you see I've upped the sets I was still feeling good, recovered. When I was doing only 2-3 sets I didn't really feel I was doing the work done so I added 1-2 sets more. On the compounds sometimes on the last set I was also dropping the weight and doing 8-10 reps.

So my main question is if the following program (it's the same I just added 1-2 exercises)?

Workout A
    Chin Ups - 3xAMRAP
    Lateral Raises - 4x10
    Triceps Pressdown - 4x10
    Calf Raises - 4x20

WORKOUT B
    One Arm Rows - 2x20+
    Biceps Curls - 4x10
    Ab work

As you see i've added triceps,biceps, lateral raises, abs and calves.
    I think doing only the compound lifts is quite not enough volume for muscle gains.
    Sorry if I think wrong, I'm only 16 years old and thats my opinion, if I'm wrong I'd be happy if you explain me.

I also have a question about rear shoulders? I don't see any exercise for them.

As I see the exercises there will be a tremendous lats growth Barbell Rows, Lat Pulls, One Arm Rows, Chin Ups.

Also as it's A-B-A -> B-A-B, when I was doing Fierce 5 I added 1 more day for the lacking parts, I was doing chest and maybe lats or something for aesthetic purposes.
    Can I add here 1 day for chest, forearms, calves, abs and maybe triceps a little bit because I want to grow it big ?

Thank you really a lot! In advance <3

Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100) Mutant1312 is not very well liked. (-100)

Question

Also I've been doing 3x5 on compounds. Shouldn't I move to 5x5 now? Why is this 3x6, or maybe should I do 4x6?

Registered User Barbecuebarbell's Avatar
    Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barbecuebarbell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This looks really awesome! I sent you a PM about being a candidate for the intermediate alteration of the program. My press is 180 x 1 and my Close-grip bench is 250 x 2 so at 6'1.5" 230lbs. I definitely would not be able to make jumps in my bench and press from workout to workout, but this layout is exactly the kind of thing I could get around.