Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: keto questions

rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude. RELAX. It doesn't matter as long as you're in a deficit. Just ride it out and lose some fat. You're being extremely neurotic over nothing.

martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    deficit of carbs or calories?

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ketosis doesnt matter for fat loss

tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tramn1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by martios View Post
    do you feel ANYTHING on your 4th day??
    I've dropped some water weight. After 7 days, I will weigh myself just once a week. My scale measures BF so I will mainly focus on that. I'm not hungry per se (I'm usually always hungry) but it is hard to not eat my kids' leftovers and indulge on cakes and other desserts that I like. I will get Buff Bake's Red Velvet PB tomorrow to stay w/in my means and still have something sweet.

martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martios is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by psalms1441 View Post
    ketosis doesnt matter for fat loss
    appetite loss matters for weight loss
    does ketosis matter for appetite loss?

rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It absolutely does not, but sure, lack of appetite would help. If you don't think bodybuilders dieting down for a show are borderline starving at times you are insane. These guys go through absolute hell to get stage ready dad after day for weeks and sometimes months if they're behind.

Yes, being in ketosis tends to damper your appetite, but it absolutely doesn't mean you're not losing weight in this time. Are your calories low enough? If yes then you will lose weight, ketosis or not.

Originally Posted by rollalong View Post
    It absolutely does not, but sure, lack of appetite would help. If you don't think bodybuilders dieting down for a show are borderline starving at times you are insane. These guys go through absolute hell to get stage ready dad after day for weeks and sometimes months if they're behind.

Yes, being in ketosis tends to damper your appetite, but it absolutely doesn't mean you're not losing weight in this time. Are your calories low enough? If yes then you will lose weight, ketosis or not.
    for me with a dysfunctional rewarding system and carb addiction, it's essential to lose appetite, so it's essential to be in ketosis
    the question is, after how many days should I lose appetite in a low carb diet?
    and how much low carb it should be to lose appetite?

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    for me with a dysfunctional rewarding system and carb addiction, it's essential to lose appetite, so it's essential to be in ketosis
    the question is, after how many days should I lose appetite in a low carb diet?
    and how much low carb it should be to lose appetite?
    I'm sorry if this comes off as rude but if it is absolutely essential for you to be in ketosis then treat it that way. Buy a scale ($10.00 on Amazon) and weigh your foods. Track your macros and your calories. Keep to a strict deficit for a month and then you'll see results, eat fatty cuts of meat and be sure to get 1g of protein per lean muscle mass.

There is no answer to the questions you have. Everybody is different. I've done Keto for months and some weeks I'll have 1200 calories and feel no hunger and other days I'll have 2300 calories and want to keep going. I've noticed changes in my eating habits about a week into it but that might be because I've gotten accustomed to a routine and not necessarily because of keto. Appetite is a feeling, a sensation, and that changes with a variety of factors. If you are busy throughout the day and keep your mind occupied, you won't have an appetite. If you sit there for 24 hours dreaming of food, you'll get hungry.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

it says here: IT IS NOT ABOUT CALORIES, IT IS NO ABOUT EXERCISE!!!!
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight
    I believe them!!! they make SENSE!!!!

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    That must be it, science no longer works. Diet coke is magically making you retain weight. 0 calories is making you not lose weight. You need to limit intake. No magical combination of foods makes you lose weight. Millions of people lose weight by eating less. Even if keto were magic, it wouldn't matter in your case because you aren't restricting your carb intake enough anyway.

It has absolutely nothing to do with you not tracking your intake in any way. Your lack of ketosis doesn't have anything to do with the sweet desserts you eat every day, or any of the other stuff you have that has a lot of carbs in it.

It's all because of diet coke. The Coca-Cola company is responsible for your lack of success, not you.
    again you are EXTREMELY WRONG!!!
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/is-pepsi-m...or-your-weight
    I thought this forum is populated by knowledgeable people, but it disappoints me

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Show me the article that says you don't have to limit carbs and should keep eating sugary desserts and drinking fruit juices every day and how that will help you get into ketosis.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

Show me the article that says you don't have to limit carbs and should keep eating sugary desserts and drinking fruit juices every day and how that will help you get into ketosis.
    I never said that.
    While what you said is wrong. The truth is:
    - counting calories doesn't matter
    - limiting calories doesn't matter
    - limiting carbs is what matters
    - soft drinks without sugar DO make you fat, with an indirect mechanism, by limiting your ketones and by increasing your appetite for carbs

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Obviously your expertise is serving you well here.

I'm done.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

Obviously your expertise is serving you well here.

I'm done.
    take it easy, you state your facts, I post mine
    can't you stand a dialogue?
    do you claim that what I posted is bllsht?

Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertosis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do you claim that what I posted is bllsht?
    It's looking increasingly that way....

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you obviously didnt understand what I said....Ill make it more clear and thats fine......ketosis in its purest state has no added benefit on fat loss. Does it decrease appetite? yes it does....for some....not for me though. ketosis has alot of benefits, but ketosis does not make you lose fat.

Heres an example..

Maintenance calories 2500
    Calorie intake 5000

carb intake ZERO

ketosis=does not matter you will still gain weight.

another:

maintenance 2500
    calorie intake 1500

carb intake ZERO

ketosis=no added fat loss you will still lose the same amount of weight

Thank you MRPB for making this clear to me!

lewiscrawford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you obviously didnt understand what I said....Ill make it more clear and thats fine......ketosis in its purest state has no added benefit on fat loss. Does it decrease appetite? yes it does....for some....not for me though. ketosis has alot of benefits, but ketosis does not make you lose fat.

Heres an example..

Calorie intake 5000

carb intake ZERO

another:

maintenance 2500
    calorie intake 1500

carb intake ZERO

Just thought I'd ask a quick question as I'm currently a week into keto, I thought that the idea of ketosis was so that your body burned more fat as it eventually adapts to using fat as it's main source of fuel and not carbs/sugar. So surley this means that you would lose more fat whilst on a ketogenic diet with a calorie deficit than if you were in a "normal diet" in a deficit as your body has access to energy from carbs, muscle etc? I am very new to it so let me know if I'm spouting utter rubbish

Heres an example..

Calorie intake 5000

carb intake ZERO

another:

maintenance 2500
    calorie intake 1500

carb intake ZERO

you are extremely wrong:

Calories consumed 5000 ---------- NO WAY YOU WILL HAVE THE APPETITE TO EAT THAT AMOUNT WHEN IN KETOSIS, WHILE YOU CAN EASILY EXCEED THAT AMOUNT IF YOU ARE USED TO EAT CARBS!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing:
    TRY TO EAT 5000 calories of pure FAT and get back to me
    WHILE I can easily eat 7000 calories of ice cream, chocolate, chips, pizza

you are extremely wrong:

Calories consumed 5000 ---------- NO WAY YOU WILL HAVE THE APPETITE TO EAT THAT AMOUNT WHEN IN KETOSIS, WHILE YOU CAN EASILY EXCEED THAT AMOUNT IF YOU ARE USED TO EAT CARBS!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing:
    read that Im extremely wrong...didnt read rest

you are obviously a Proverbs 26:4, good luck in your endeavors, and I dont even believe in luck...
    Last edited by psalms1441; 01-07-2016 at 11:49 AM.

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    you are extremely wrong:

Another thing:
    Do you know what the word "example" means? How about "Theoretical"?

Being in Ketosis does not alter your appetite. The reason people in Ketosis have less appetite is because the foods they eat (fats and proteins) take longer to dissolve than carbohydrates and therefore increase satiety. Do you know what the word "satiety" means? If somebody who is not in Ketosis eats the same foods, they will also be less hungry.

Goals:

Originally Posted by lewiscrawford View Post
    Just thought I'd ask a quick question as I'm currently a week into keto, I thought that the idea of ketosis was so that your body burned more fat as it eventually adapts to using fat as it's main source of fuel and not carbs/sugar. So surley this means that you would lose more fat whilst on a ketogenic diet with a calorie deficit than if you were in a "normal diet" in a deficit as your body has access to energy from carbs, muscle etc? I am very new to it so let me know if I'm spouting utter rubbish
    I'm not sure about the exact science to it but there's been many studies done around it.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...h-review.html/

Goals:

Poojabansal070 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    , I have been on Keto for almost 25 days and wasted a week recovering from keto flu, however i have managed to loose almost 6 kgs ( from 62.7 kgs to 57 right now). Just recently say last 5 days i seem to have lost my appetite on keto and am stuck on being 57 - 57.3 kgs (morning evening) , lifting weights have reduced due to frequent cramps and weakness. I read that this is a normal process on keto but i really need to boost up my weight loss again. I have to aim at reaching 53 kgs by august end for a fitness competition due in first week of September. I am terribly confused and clueless on how to proceed with this situation. I am still managing to eat fats by sipping in coconut oil and small snacks but it isnt really helping me reach by target. Please suggest. I am 37 years old, 5ft4inc........