Registered User EliteUchihaOfD1's Avatar
    EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vertical program Jump Manual works!

So I've been working on my vertical the last 3 months and I've come a long way. I was skeptical at first but by my fourth week I was way more explosive. For anyone who wants to increase their verts I'd recommend Jump Manual.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsLO9rdW-Q

^ week 1 of my vertical training

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIwabgLLyVw

^ week 12 of my vertical training.

I also have the weeks in between those up as well.
    I'll now be doing BAFV3 by Adam linkenauger and I'll keep whoevers interested posted with results.

theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    But you still aren't dunking? You have progress from week 1 to week 12 though. What exercise IYO did you best in your ability to jump higher off of 1 leg?

EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EliteUchihaOfD1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea sadly lmao. But oh well. I really couldn't jump before it. It was pretty embarrassing. For the one leg jumping though I would say one legged pistol squat. The stronger my legs got the lower I was able to go. To help both I'd say front squat and back squat. Front squats are so hard for me. So whenever I improve on that I'll probably be much stronger.

Well to be fair people say "oh you dunked that" or "you had two dunks last game" but to me they weren't dunks. I'm trying to Russell Westbrook slam it or like a young Dwade. I'm sure I can dunk off an oop no problem though since I'm jumping without the ball

taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) taizer007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Damn you're 6 ft black teen and couldn't touch rim.
    I got ****ty genetics barely 5 10 and can hang on the rim

Alot is from form. Take longer strides to the rim and explode, don't just jump.
    Go try insanity for about 6 months you will gain about 4" of vertical easily. I gained a good 3' just doing insanity. I can dunk with a oop.
    And not to sound like a dick but alot of workouts will not improve your vertical and might decrease it.

anonymous
    I am in the process of putting together a comprehensive program for the vertical jump, it looks like you are decelerating quite a bit through your approach especially with the two foot take off (although you are much more aggressive week 12 v week 1, keep up the hard work you're doing well!)
    Last edited by BHollandDPT; 12-27-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Originally Posted by taizer007 View Post
    Damn you're 6 ft black teen and couldn't touch rim.
    I got ****ty genetics barely 5 10 and can hang on the rim

Alot is from form. Take longer strides to the rim and explode, don't just jump.
    Go try insanity for about 6 months you will gain about 4" of vertical easily. I gained a good 3' just doing insanity. I can dunk with a oop.
    And not to sound like a dick but alot of workouts will not improve your vertical and might decrease it.

Lmaooo! Yea I know right. Even before week 12 I was still pretty fast though. I just didn't have hops at all. I do now kind of. I'll remember the longer strides tip in the gym tomorrow. But yea I'm still working on it. I gained at least 6-8 inches over those 3 months. But I'm going to be doing BAFV3 now which is more weight training than jump manual.

Originally Posted by BHollandDPT View Post
    I am in the process of putting together a comprehensive program for the vertical jump, it looks like you are decelerating quite a bit through your approach especially with the two foot take off (although you are much more aggressive week 12 v week 1, keep up the hard work you're doing well!)

Thanks I will. But how do you think I should go about changing my two step approach so I don't decelerate?

anonymous
    Originally Posted by EliteUchihaOfD1 View Post
    Thanks I will. But how do you think I should go about changing my two step approach so I don't decelerate?
    The best thing to do is to watch some highlight videos of long jumpers approach, they always have consistent acceleration.

I like to start by counting steps away from the object (in this case the rim), usually an 8 or 10 step approach. I use this to develop a routine and takes away thinking about lining up the steps while you focus on performance and accelerating through the jump. You later will want to practice random steps to simulate sport.

MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikaHell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I've been working on my vertical the last 3 months and I've come a long way. I was skeptical at first but by my fourth week I was way more explosive. For anyone who wants to increase their verts I'd recommend Jump Manual.

I'll now be doing BAFV3 by Adam linkenauger and I'll keep whoevers interested posted with results.
    Good job man. I did the JM twice and I'm now dunking! Keep up the good work bro!
    My Journey To Dunking: www.youtube.com/user/desmaydotcom

Originally Posted by MikaHell View Post
    Good job man. I did the JM twice and I'm now dunking! Keep up the good work bro!
    Awesome bro. I see your YouTube link I'm about to go check it out right now. Love seeing the success on camera makes me think I'll get there too.

The best thing to do is to watch some highlight videos of long jumpers approach, they always have consistent acceleration.

I like to start by counting steps away from the object (in this case the rim), usually an 8 or 10 step approach. I use this to develop a routine and takes away thinking about lining up the steps while you focus on performance and accelerating through the jump. You later will want to practice random steps to simulate sport.

Thank you I'm visualizing it in my head and seems like what you're saying will help. I'll be trying it out today.

WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WonderMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When you jump off your off leg make sure you switch hands as well.

theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10) theFutureD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea sadly lmao. But oh well. I really couldn't jump before it. It was pretty embarrassing. For the one leg jumping though I would say one legged pistol squat. The stronger my legs got the lower I was able to go. To help both I'd say front squat and back squat. Front squats are so hard for me. So whenever I improve on that I'll probably be much stronger.
    Now this is making me question how does the routine look like.

Hahaha.. anyways... I'm pretty much in the same phase where you are. I'm technically dunking but it's still not a convincing enough that everyone is saying "yeah you can dunk and do it whenever you". I got here via deadlifting 2xBW but didn't work enough on plyo's to translate it into easy dunking because I thought I was getting enough plyo work at practice. Then I just figured that while I was sprinting a lot, I didn't have more than 3-5 max effort jumps at the rim. And BW went down in the season duo to poor nutrition...

For me it's gaining few more pounds will get me there faster than anything

Originally Posted by theFutureD View Post
    Now this is making me question how does the routine look like.

Hahaha.. anyways... I'm pretty much in the same phase where you are. I'm technically dunking but it's still not a convincing enough that everyone is saying "yeah you can dunk and do it whenever you". I got here via deadlifting 2xBW but didn't work enough on plyo's to translate it into easy dunking because I thought I was getting enough plyo work at practice. Then I just figured that while I was sprinting a lot, I didn't have more than 3-5 max effort jumps at the rim. And BW went down in the season duo to poor nutrition...

For me it's gaining few more pounds will get me there faster than anything

I can't squat 2x my body weight yet lol. I did hear once you start doing that your vertical will increase significantly. But now that you told me that it didn't translate over because you didn't do enough plyos that helps so hopefully I don't make the same mistake. So when you added pounds you didn't feel heavier or slower?

I can't squat 2x my body weight yet lol. I did hear once you start doing that your vertical will increase significantly. But now that you told me that it didn't translate over because you didn't do enough plyos that helps so hopefully I don't make the same mistake. So when you added pounds you didn't feel heavier or slower?
    The deadlift definitely helped. However, during that time, I barely did any jumping and ditched sprinting, didn't focus that much on everything else. Since I'm a one leg jumper, I basically lost the technique to maximize my new profound strength. Plus I developed issues with left shin on my jumping leg during the time when I got to court to show what I got and bunch of other things. So basically while I showed off I can dunk on higher rims (the rims in the gym where we train are slightly higher).. I couldn't show that on proper rims because from then until now.. my shins have been hurting.

So don't be afraid to get that squat and deadlift to 2xBW.. it will make you a better and more explosive athlete. However, don't neglet recovery, practicing your jumps and playing your sport.

ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do you wanna trade me BAFv3??? I have other programs.

anonymous
    This is called the explosive strength deficit, you can develop force but not fast enough for the sporting movement. Happens a lot when you train heavy/slow for extended periods

landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats awesome. Being a basketball player i'm very familiar with both programs and all of adam linkenaugers work. I even used jump manual for a time. Can't remember how many weeks I got done but I did see progress. Its a little outdated tbh but not a bad program at all.
    My Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166303511

landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landonb82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lmaooo! Yea I know right. Even before week 12 I was still pretty fast though. I just didn't have hops at all. I do now kind of. I'll remember the longer strides tip in the gym tomorrow. But yea I'm still working on it. I gained at least 6-8 inches over those 3 months. But I'm going to be doing BAFV3 now which is more weight training than jump manual.
    Check out the technique section of Bafv3 first when you get it. That could honestly add 6+ inches
    My Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166303511

kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100)
    good progress

Originally Posted by theFutureD View Post
    The deadlift definitely helped. However, during that time, I barely did any jumping and ditched sprinting, didn't focus that much on everything else. Since I'm a one leg jumper, I basically lost the technique to maximize my new profound strength. Plus I developed issues with left shin on my jumping leg during the time when I got to court to show what I got and bunch of other things. So basically while I showed off I can dunk on higher rims (the rims in the gym where we train are slightly higher).. I couldn't show that on proper rims because from then until now.. my shins have been hurting.

So don't be afraid to get that squat and deadlift to 2xBW.. it will make you a better and more explosive athlete. However, don't neglet recovery, practicing your jumps and playing your sport.

Dang man how long have your shins been hurting like the total of months wise? Maybe it's your landings? Or your body wasn't used to landing from that high since you never practiced your dunks. I'm a one leg jumper too though I get as high equally with two feet I just prefer one. I'll start striving to get it into 2.5x my BW then now though.

This is called the explosive strength deficit, you can develop force but not fast enough for the sporting movement. Happens a lot when you train heavy/slow for extended periods

Could you explain that more? I researched it. And basically I think it means you'll never be able to have your explosiveness at the same level as your absolute strength.

Originally Posted by landonb82 View Post
    Thats awesome. Being a basketball player i'm very familiar with both programs and all of adam linkenaugers work. I even used jump manual for a time. Can't remember how many weeks I got done but I did see progress. Its a little outdated tbh but not a bad program at all.

So you prefer Adams work over the jump manual?

Originally Posted by kamedan View Post
    good progress
    Thanks man

anonymous
    Could you explain that more? I researched it. And basically I think it means you'll never be able to have your explosiveness at the same level as your absolute strength.
    Explosive movements occur in short time periods, especially one legged jumpers. When you work absolute or maximal strength the lift occurs in a much longer time period, a few seconds. When you work on maximal strength for an extended period you neglect developing force quickly. That's why you often see bodybuilders and others be able to squat heavy weight but can't jump (plus their body weight is heavy)

Explosive movements occur in short time periods, especially one legged jumpers. When you work absolute or maximal strength the lift occurs in a much longer time period, a few seconds. When you work on maximal strength for an extended period you neglect developing force quickly. That's why you often see bodybuilders and others be able to squat heavy weight but can't jump (plus their body weight is heavy)

Ohhhh that makes perfect sense. So what if I squatted the weight faster than usual would that help or only lead to injury?

Dang man how long have your shins been hurting like the total of months wise? Maybe it's your landings? Or your body wasn't used to landing from that high since you never practiced your dunks. I'm a one leg jumper too though I get as high equally with two feet I just prefer one. I'll start striving to get it into 2.5x my BW then now though.
    Yeah.. it's disappointing af. I'm seeing a doc about this soon. It's probably a combo of bad feet (running mostly on heels rather forefeet), bad calf flexibility (I've neglected this badly), running in old ball shoes that are over 2 years old and impact from landings as well I think on my shins.