Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1322
    Steph1220 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Anyone still on here?

I’ve been overweight most of my life. The only time I was at a healthy weight was when I was basically starving myself. Now as an adult I don’t want to feel like a sack of meat anymore. I have zero muscle. I feel weak.. tired.. and stressed. My goal is to join the national guard but my BMI is way too high. I’ve already lost 30lbs which I’m really proud of myself for but after talking with the guy at my local gnc he told me that I really just can’t loose weight that I also should weight train. I’m very new to working out and even loosing weight. Right now I’m on a low-none sugar and low carb diet and it’s working but so far it’s stopped and I’ve come to a stand still. If anyone can recommend anything that’d be great.

button7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello Everyone,

I am a 32yo guy from Bangalore India. I am massively out of shape and trying to get reach a decent level of body fitness. Present goal is to do 20 pushups and 5 pulls up. Hoping to get some support and guidance here.
    Thank you

onlymisslana is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hello!

Hi, my name is Lana
    I’m a 36 year old trans woman who has decided to start m my bodybuilding journey
    https://onlyfans.com/lraind

Island47911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Vancouver Island Canada 🇨🇦

Hello everyone! After having some heart issues and now sitting in the hospital as I type this, I've decided its time to get back on the horse, and get my ass back in the gym! I've worked out on and off for years! Nut now finding out I have asthma, along with my heart condition. As well for my mental health. I'm fully committed to a new lifestyle! Here is to 2023 and to any members I become friends with! Let's live our best life!💪🏋😎🤘

PeaBody101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face New

Hello I am 36 6’1” 260lb I began weight training again after a long hiatus in November 2022. It’s been about 12 years, I got fat and lazy. But over the past 10 weeks or so have been great!!! I can start to feel muscle I haven’t felt in years and actually muscle I’ve never felt. Although my weight hasn’t changed in the past 10 weeks my love handles have shrunk so yay me!!!

Ameliajane123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, If you are looking for freelance online jobs? so i am working on Talent pool where anyone can find best hire freelancers & find freelance jobs online.

Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100) Acharadey is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Ameliajane123 View Post
    Hello, If you are looking for freelance online jobs? so i am working on Talent pool where anyone can find best hire freelancers & find freelance jobs online.
    Hello, i must think , thanks

MatthewSLoftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Steph1220 View Post
    I’ve been overweight most of my life. The only time I was at a healthy weight was when I was basically starving myself. Now as an adult I don’t want to feel like a sack of meat anymore. I have zero muscle. I feel weak.. tired.. and stressed. My goal is to join the national guard but my BMI is way too high. I’ve already lost 30lbs which I’m really proud of myself for but after talking with the guy at my local gnc he told me that I really just can’t loose weight that I also should weight train. I’m very new to working out and even loosing weight. Right now I’m on a low-none sugar and low carb diet and it’s working but so far it’s stopped and I’ve come to a stand still. If anyone can recommend anything that’d be great.
    Hey Steph! It's awesome you're wanting to take control of everything! Weight training with a high protein diet has always been beneficial for me. I'm currently back on my fitness journey and have dropped 25 pounds so far.

Originally Posted by Island47911 View Post
    Hello everyone! After having some heart issues and now sitting in the hospital as I type this, I've decided its time to get back on the horse, and get my ass back in the gym! I've worked out on and off for years! Nut now finding out I have asthma, along with my heart condition. As well for my mental health. I'm fully committed to a new lifestyle! Here is to 2023 and to any members I become friends with! Let's live our best life!
    Hey man! I hope you're recovering well! As someone that hereditary heart disease, I have recently began taking my fitness journey seriously. I've also noticed that my mental health has improved, as I was going through some crap towards the end of last year.

Hey y'all! 38 year old father of twins from south Texas here. Been on this site for years, but wanted to join a forum to keep up with the motivation and hopefully help motivate others! Down 25 pounds so far and plan on getting an accurate body fat measurement when I drop 15 more. Will try and post some pics later this evening. Keep killing it!!

Originally Posted by PeaBody101 View Post
    Hello I am 36 6’1” 260lb I began weight training again after a long hiatus in November 2022. It’s been about 12 years, I got fat and lazy. But over the past 10 weeks or so have been great!!! I can start to feel muscle I haven’t felt in years and actually muscle I’ve never felt. Although my weight hasn’t changed in the past 10 weeks my love handles have shrunk so yay me!!!
    Keep slaying it!

IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wow that awesome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100) IronTwig is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi! So glad to have you join us, I can't wait to hear about your fitness journey.

Hey there! Welcome to the forum, I'm excited to have someone else here who's passionate about bodybuilding.

Welcome to the community! This forum has been a huge source of motivation for me, and I hope it is for you too.

Originally Posted by Island47911 View Post
    Hello everyone! After having some heart issues and now sitting in the hospital as I type this, I've decided its time to get back on the horse, and get my ass back in the gym! I've worked out on and off for years! Nut now finding out I have asthma, along with my heart condition. As well for my mental health. I'm fully committed to a new lifestyle! Here is to 2023 and to any members I become friends with! Let's live our best life!
    Hey new member! So great to see someone else who's serious about getting fit.

Originally Posted by violetsauce View Post
    well hi i'm new
    i am 25 years old (although i keep getting told i look like a 19 year old) and while i'm not necessarily unhappy with my weight i have been very unhappy with how unfit i am especially for a 25 year old. so i decided to start to work out regulary for good very recently. can't wait for the results to show soon hope everyone gets well into the new year x
    Hi there! I'm so excited to get to know you and hear about your progress as you work towards your fitness goals.

Originally Posted by MatthewSLoftin View Post
    Keep slaying it!
    Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to connect with like-minded people who share your passion for bodybuilding.

Originally Posted by RageTempo View Post
    Hey guys, started working out in 2010 but only consistently since January of 2015. I've cut out alcohol completely and started taking my meal planning since about September of this year. Short term goal is to go from 190 to around 170, or until i'm where I want to be with body fat. Once I'm there, i'd like to get to over 200 lbs. I'm currently sitting at around 175.
    Hey new friend, I'm thrilled to have you join the community! Can't wait to learn more about your fitness journey.

Originally Posted by JAW97 View Post
    Well, my name's Jason. I'm 18, 5' 11 and 185lbs so pretty standard-sized. I'm very unfit though, not really self-conscious physically but I think getting fit is something I need to do. I started Uni but quit pretty soon as I hated it, got diagnosed with depression/anxiety soon afterwards. Can't really summon myself to do it yet but hopefully going to sign up to a gym at some point as a rehab of sorts I guess.

So I probably won't actually be posting for a while, but with any luck this won't be my only/last post.
    Hi and welcome! I'm looking forward to exchanging tips and advice with you as we work towards our goals together.

Originally Posted by LS69 View Post
    Hi.

I'm in poor shape, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, physically. I'm 46. I have three children, one is grown and in college, the other two live with their mother. I spent over 20 years in the military in a combat arms MOS. I invaded the same country twice in my life. I had an uncommon career. But I was forcibly retired last year. I was unable to prepare for the separation board because I was also going through a divorce, which saddled me with attorney's fees, (hers and mine), spousal and child support, so that even though I was a senior NCO with over 20 years of service, I couldnt afford an appartment, much less my own lawyer. I trusted the wrong NCO to help me with my separation board packet, and got destroyed by the board, their decision was un appealable - even so I called in every favor with every G.O. I knew. But there was no undoing what had been decided. When you're studying family law to be your own lawyer, fighting a case hours away from where you live and work, struggling to keep a relationship with your kids, as well as all the baggage from years of deployments and combat, **** just starts to go south in a big way. It's a struggle not to end up like the other 22 vets that off themselves every day.

The whole thing is killing me.

But **** you, I'm not ready to die yet, not today, not like this, not on a low.

It's to the point that the only thing I have some control over is my body. However, I'm fat. 32% fat. My cholesterol is well over 200 and triglycerides are off the charts. I have borderline high blood pressure, it was always low before. My RHR is 72 bpm. I always could gain muscle without much effort at all. I'm 6'1" 263lbs. I wear my obesity well because I'm slightly tall. I've been single since the divorce began in 2013. At my age, nearly all of my friends are married. My personaity is the ESTP type, I'm a performer, a doer, an *******, with few friends, supremely competitive, and usually 5 pages ahead of everyone else. Except now.

I don't believe in motivation.

I believe in vision. Vision of "to be" is the only thing that ever propelled a man to put one foot in front of the other towards a lofty goal. Motivation is rah rah, popcorn, candy bubblegum bs. Motivation is a flash in the pan. Good for the first week or two of January.

My goal is to get smaller, to prepare my body for the rest of its life. I've been a large - either muscular or fat - human being for nearly all of my adult life. Having an overabundance of muscle sucks. All you little guys out there wishing to be big can have it, and all the ****ty health downsides too.

At 45, my Dr. informed me that I had stage 2 CKD, that's chronic kidney disease. She told me to cut way back on the protein, to eat more carbs, more grains, more pasta, more cereal. I think she's fkd. But now I have a human body chinese puzzle that wont respond to the nutrition and work outs in my bag of tricks, I have to be careful with muscle soreness, because that gives the kidney a hell of a hard time too.

I need to lose fat, about 70lbs of it, and do it while eating .5 grams of protein per desired lbs of muscle, or less, because otherwise it'll jack up my kidneys. Maybe after I get free of the fat, my kidney function will recover somewhat? I had planned to eat 60 grams of carbs and 89 grams of protein per day, fasting every other day for dinner. But with the CKD, I don't know what to do.

I am not interested in gaining more muscle, because it's a liability to my health.

I rarely drink alcohol, I enjoy a cigar or two a month, I hate beer, I like great red wine, I don't drink the cheap **** when I do drink: A Central Coast Pinot Noir is my fave.

I had shoulder surgery this year to give me more range of motion in the joint. That was a success. One down, one to go.

Maybe I dont know how best to tackle this challenge? Do I go vegan and long slow low intensity cardio for hours on end? Do I say, to hell with it, and pick up the weights? What do I eat?

Baffled and pissed.

LS69.
    Welcome to the forum! You're going to find so much inspiration and motivation here, I promise.

Originally Posted by GhostArcher View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Dan, or Coach Dan (depending on how you've met me or know me).

I'm 23, a lifelong athlete in the sport of Archery, former rock climber, and all around outdoorsman. I am a business owner and founder, a level 4-NTS (National training system )Archery Coach (4/5 levels completed which puts me at 1 of about 150 at my level), a compeitor in archery and a fitness freak.

Hit a personal goal of 30 consecutive pull-ups this year, and a one rep of 100 added pounds for one pull-up, my PR is 102.5.

I grew up a scrawny skin and bones kid with no muscles, I finally broke 115lbs at about 19 years old. I was 120lbs till about 21, currently 145.2lbs

I found my addiction to fitness shortly after walking into a Marine Corps recruiting station in my home town, i was medically disqualified but trained for 2 years with the station and quickly found a drive to be the hardest working guy around. (Still fighting my disqualifications)

I love the grind and the battle between mind, body and whatever tasks are ahead of me.

I strive to show my athletes what dedication looks like on and off the range and train them to succeed in both sport and life.

Other then that, I'm a Die-Hard Patriot, out door enthusiast, I love shooting guns, off-roading, and motivating young athletes to search for something more.
    Hey there! I'm excited to see someone new join the community, we're all here to support each other.

Hi new member! I'm happy to have you here and can't wait to hear about your fitness journey.

Originally Posted by SteelBrotherhoD View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name's Ricardo, and I am from Spain. Been lurking BB.com for years, just as I have trained, learnt a lot from the board as well as the site in general, and I think, despite my lackluster English, its time to give it back to the community. So I am here to help in all I can, give my 2 cents on the stuff I know a little of, motivate and be motivated.

Lets go!
    Welcome! You've found the perfect place to get support and advice from people who understand your dedication to bodybuilding.

Originally Posted by Gilmoure View Post
    Hi Folks,

I'm Gilmoure. Been lurking for a couple years but figure I'll finally say hi. I'm 48, been lifting for 2 years, after many decades of sloth, and just got the word from my doc that I'm now diabetic (runs in family). Figure it's time to really buckle down on nutrition and stay consistent with my workouts. I'm not looking to make any gains in size but rather need to slim down and keep metabolism up. I live in the country, 25 miles from nearest gym; workout on my back porch. Got a squat rack I'd like to upgrade to a power rack (safety straps!), 500 lbs of weights, a bar, and a bench. Gets a little chilly in winter, especially since switching to morning workouts, but am keeping up with it.
    Hey new friend, I'm so glad you're here! This forum has been a huge source of encouragement for me, and I know it will be for you too.

Originally Posted by TheMannarino View Post
    Sup guys! My name is Mike and I'm a powerlifter and PT from Vancouver, BC. I fell in love with the iron 3 years ago and never looked back! I started out at 240 lbs skinny fat and bulked my way up to a nasty 300+ lbs! After a year of that, I finally decided to cut down and reveal what I had underneath. It took me about a year, but I lost over 100 lbs and became the strongest/leanest I've ever been at 200 lbs! My lifts are a 485 squat, 350 bench, and 660 deadlift. I'm dedicated to helping people get better, regardless of the goal. Sharing the gift of health has been a passion of mine since I lost the weight and it's something that consumes me every day. Glad to finally be part of this awesome community after years of lurking!
    Hi and welcome to the community! You're going to love it here, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Originally Posted by Chasethorn View Post
    Hello! My name is chase. I'm 20, almost 21 years old. 5'6" and 125lbs. I've been sick for the last 3 years and have lost a lot of weight and muscle. Now that my overall health is up to par I am finally getting into the weight training I've always wanted to do. I'm glad that I joined and am excited to talk to people about new things to help myself improve and gain mass!
    Welcome to the forum, new member! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and hearing about your fitness goals.

Originally Posted by moreno8812 View Post
    Hey fitfam im 21/M 6'3 235 lb and its my first post on this group looking for help. Just signed up for the gym yesterday after 5 months of no gym. I was wondering whats the most efficient way to shred the gut i have gotten and get more cut. I have a miami trip in june so i definetley need to be ready. Any advice would help. Thanks!
    Hey there! You've found an amazing community of people who are passionate about bodybuilding, welcome!

Originally Posted by brutusgains View Post
    WHAT'S UP?! Brutusgains is here. Begun training seriously about three and a half years ago now. Even started cooking as a chef. It's real. Keep up the head work mothersloots.
    Hi new member, I'm excited to have someone else here who's serious about getting fit. Can't wait to see your progress.

Originally Posted by ryanshortstack View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm Ryan, 26 years old and just getting started on my journey. I have been reading and researching quite a bit for the last few months and there is so much information out there. I'm still trying to find out what works best for me and really nailing my diet down. Looking back at myself in pictures from last year I can definitely say I've made progress but I still have a lot more to go. I look forward to learning a lot from here!
    Welcome to the community! We're all here to support and encourage each other, so don't hesitate to ask for help or advice.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast