Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
    Swampthing90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone! I’m a 27 year old infantryman in the army. I will be medically retired soon do to a spinal injury that restricts my motion and causes a great deal of pain. I’m trying to get back in to lifting, but finding a way to do this safely and provide the results I’m looking for has been difficult. I’d appreciate any help/advice. Thanks!

mrsacampbell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi! I'm Amanda. I'm freshly 31, a stay at home mom (career wise I'm a CNA and a cosmetologist) with an awesome husband and 3 beautiful girls. I'm choosing to push my body once and for all into the healthiest lifestyle I've had yet. My goal is to lose weight and get fit, overall achieving a curvy kinda muscular body. Eventually I would love to be able to start lifting.
    ❤mrsacampbell

pintfrosty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi to all, I am new in here too. Looking forward to all of you.

Jarrad40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys. Just joined today as I'm turning 40 in 2 days and I'm extremely unfit, looking forward to meeting people and getting my ass into gear.

nohhhs1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I counted my calorie intake for the fist time and it turns out iv'e been eating 6000 - 7500 calories a day for a while now! I'm confused on how i have even been able to eat like that; i only weigh around 182-185lb. Should i carry on eating like this or tone it down?
    Last edited by nohhhs1; 10-17-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Registered User InTheGameToStay's Avatar
    InTheGameToStay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello people! My name's George, I am 15 and a half (Birthday: 30 January) years old, and from Greece. I started going to the gym last year, and made some progress, but did not have proper rest and diet, therefore my progress was kinda limited. Anyway, this year I am taking it serious and I am planning to sticking to it. I just joined the forums today, however I am not entirely new to the forums since I have been lurking to various threads now without an account.

Nice to meet you everyone!

jackls22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Follow insta -Sharp_fitness247

Hey everyone, I've just finished studying in the sport industry ranging from Loughborough to Manchester. I'm training to be a PT and wanting to get involved in athlete development training. Started a new insta account for my fitness side and wanting to gain more interested.. SHARP_FITNESS247!!! Please go follow!!!!! Would be greatful!! Who knows, I could be the one who trains you to achieve your goals!! I have loads of knowledge to give out!!

TennesseeRoss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm Ross. 31.

Finally decided to get my **** together. After failing out of college (due to all the typical vices... all of them) i spent the last 10 years as a long haul trucker. Slowly got fatter and fatter until i realized I was about to Chris Farley myself out of this world...

In 2017 I quit smoking, went back to school and got my degree, and discovered keto. Lost 60+ lbs, then after plateauing for a few months, decided **** Cardio, i was gonna lift... So here I am. Been at it for about a month or so, less than regular and consistent, but i've actually developed some muscles (sitting on your ass driving all day isnt real conducive to retaining muscle tbh). Gained 10lbs back in the last few weeks, but decided not to stress it since im still moving in the right direction- and i hope that at least some of that is muscle weight.

Plan now is to GET more consistent, get strong, and get fit.

starting weight: ~480
    current: ~430
    Last edited by TennesseeRoss; 10-17-2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: used wrong name. ross is my middle, dan is my first. account has ross on it.

leaddift is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone. Just joined a little while ago and finally got some time to post. I'm 25, 74kg and I think about 8% body fat. Running myself through a practice comp prep just in case I want to jump into 2018 shows. Glad to be here.

WelshMart is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hey

Hey everyone, thought it was about time I joined up after reading many posts on here to give me some tips and direction while I've been starting out. A little background about me... I am now 35 living in Derby UK and working for Rolls-Royce as a lifing engineer. I played rugby at a decent level all through my teenage years, then just gave up at 19. University saw me drinking too much an eating all the wrong things leaving me hovering around 250-260lbs since. A couple of failed diets saw me drop to around the 230lb mark but every time I've climbed back up to my original weight within the year.

Around the end of last year I just decided enough was enough. For the first six months of the year I made a major diet/lifestyle change and the weight started to come off. Realising this could just be another diet for me June I decided I was going to start lifting. For most of June-Sept I was doing 3 sessions a week of an all over body work out and one or two sessions of cardio (typically 5k on the treadmill) a week. From September on I've been doing a three session push pull legs and one cardio. During July and August I was on 1500cal a day but I started feeling weak so upped it to 1800cal.

So far I've dropped from 255lb to 209lb, Im aiming at getting to sub 200lb by year end which I think should put me low teens bf% and then start a slow bulk. Although the thought scares me a little as I know my history and dont want to get fat again.

jkeis862 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello All!

New to the forum here. 23 year old gay male here (not that that matters) from Long Island, NY. Have been lurking for a while because I’ve struggled with my weight for quite sometime now. I’m 5’8” 140lbs 20% BF, I’ve been wanting to bulk up and gain muscle for quite sometime now I just know for a fact that I don’t eat enough everyday. I eat very healthy, just not enough calories (I don’t drink alcohol or smoke or do any drugs and no fast food). I have no pics to show, too ashamed honestly at the way I look currently. I run about 2.5 miles daily and do little workouts at home like sit-ups and pushups, nothing crazy at all. Looking forward to browsing this forum and learning all that I can. Thanks guys!

sweetdancer13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone. I’m 26 year old female. My name on here is my email I made when I was 10, it’s just stuck with me. I have been working on getting skinnier since April. I am down from 145, (I’m 5’) to 116.8 yesterday. My goal is 110 but with more muscle. The reason I want to stay 110 is because I like to give blood and that’s the lowest you can weigh. I was cutting but in end of September I started reverse dieting. Still loosing weight very slowly so not up to maintanence yet but I’m gerring nervous to add weight. Although I feel like I’m still adding muscle.

PaleBlueDot79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone. 38 year old from Australia here. I'm a little man who has been telling himself he'd do something about it for many years now. Recently, I've bitten the bullet and started actually doing something about it. Looking forward to doing lots of research here, and quite possibly asking some really silly questions.
    Last edited by PaleBlueDot79; 10-23-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mongo606 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am Mike from North Carolina. I am 34, single father of two boys. I work as a Correctional Officer, I was assaulted and my knee was broken by a gang member. throughout the recovery my weight has shot up to 400 lbs. I am currently trying to push myself to loose the weight to be a better person. I have changed my diet and weight has come off just from that alone. I fight with PTSD and depression which keeps me down. I have made the choice to change my life and get fit.

1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat 1thirdfat

Hi guys

I'm a 39 year old disabled vet. I've allowed pain to govern my life for too long. No more. I have been sober for almost 3 weeks. I've begun logging everything I eat and making smarter choices as well as going to the gym regularly. I've got a long road ahead of me and I know it won't be easy, but I am motivated and ready to make a real change in my life.
    Attached Images

CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CienMuertes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello Im Juan 33yrs old from Houston Tx

Ive lurked on here getting tips for years just never joined till today

kieran0995 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

21 y/o rugby player back from 1.5 year injury

I've created a bodyspace to help encourage me to take my transformation journey to the next level. I gained a huge 20kg (45lb) from overeating whilst a coccyx injury left me unable to run for a year and a half. I'm now back playing rugby and exercising and have lost 10kg of that but want to completely transform and take my rugby to better places.

I love seeing everyone's progress and it shows me that I can do it too as long as I'm consistent with all aspects of health and fitness. Let's go!!!
    Attached Images

Registered User newhammiewammie's Avatar
    newhammiewammie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    34yr old martial artist. Been a member on bodybuilding.com for years but never bothered posting. Love the forum and plan on being a contributing member. Currently 153lbs, 5'6" which is up 13lbs from my last big comp (2016). Planning on getting to 165lbs @ under 12-15% over the next year (finally paying attention to my macros). I understand it's a hard goal but sh-t, you gotta aim for the stars. If I miss, at least I will die a painful, cold & airless death in the vacuum of space.

You guys are great and love reading the positive vibes.

ashleygasmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My turn! I've been visiting bodybuilding.com for ~10 years and I've created an account 7 years ago to order from the store. Apparently the lifting site I used to visit before when I started working out, since 2000, still exists XD
    Only took me 7 years to activate and make my first post on the forum I've wanted to several times to do it before just to answer to retarded posts, and now i finally did it!
    I can now answer stupid posts.
    I stopped lifting for a period, several years, because I didn't see the point with every one juicing and I was tired of gay men's attention and jealous people at my job, I got fat and every one seemed to think I did abetter job suddenly, but I'm back! Main reasons that made me want to come back is I dated a girl that lifted and my back hurt from all the desk working, also my body sucked and I was kinda weak (still stronger than 99% average joe's thought).
    In a few months I went from Dumbbell bench pressing 35 kgs for 5 reps (strict form flat back no special shirt or whatever) to 45 kgs * 5. And the simple fact of doing seal rows (sets of 15-25 reps) makes me sleep INSANELY well and I feel sooo much better. I don't see how I could quit now, when it just makes me feel better than doing drugs...

TSHREDZ12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone!

23 year old male from NY. I've been lifting now for almost a decade. I started lifting to increase my strength for baseball, which I played through college. Eventually it became just as important to me as baseball and now it's all I focus on in terms of sports/athletics. I've trained strictly HIIT/ cardio/ calisthenics for the past several months but will begin to transition over to heavy lifting for the next couple of months to keep things exciting. My goals for March are a 315 bench/ 405 squat/ and 495 deadlift. I also work FT as a Management Consultant at a big 4 firm.

Cheers

teflonsailor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey y'all. i'm jay, from brooklyn, ny. i'm a nonbinary butch (just think of me as a a transgender dude, that's the easiest and pretty close to the truth), 33 years old. i've been a dancer (partner, think swing/ballroom) for 10 years, a powerlifter for 5, and this year i started doing submission grappling/jiu jitsu. while i've been lifting for a while, i'm starting to fiddle with my programming in order to help me with combat sports - i'm hoping to eventually lose about 50lbs and work a lot more on my flexibility, explosiveness, and interval stamina.

OldManWeaver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey all! 43 y/o male. Former athlete but achieved the best shape of my life in mid 30's while going through a divorce. Almost a decade later, the same workouts and diet don't seem to work in the same way and any time off from training seems to hurt my progress more than it did in my 30's. Looking forward to hearing what the over 40 crowd is doing to get in shape and STAY that way! Current 225lbs and 5'11". Goal is 190lbs before my wedding in June.

Thanks!