Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    dustinlm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess this is more of a re-introduction. It has been quite some time since I've been on this forum.

Hello, I'm 27 y/o. I manage a retail optical outlet and I'm ready to transform my body one step at a time.

I've battled weight gain and the habit of unhealthy eating for a long time thanks to instability and smoking cessation, etc. I'm ready to get over that hump and start making small healthy changes. Let's do this!

Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make a goal, a plan to get to the goal and then hit the goal. Best of luck. Where are you from?

[QUOTE=dustinlm;1508846501]I guess this is more of a re

atrodriguez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Introduction

Hey everyone,

My name is Anthony and I'm 26 years old.

It took me a while to come to terms that I wasn't happy with myself. From a young age I was always the big kid. The teasing and name calling was something I got used to over time and ultimately I grew numb to it.

When I was 19 I was accepted into the Navy though I had to lose a lot of weight. And I did. However, little did I know it wouldn't last.

After boot camp I was in the best physical shape of my life. I wasn't skinny by any means, however, I was at the top of my game. Stress, marriage and living away fromy family took its toll and I began to rack up more and more pounds.

I was kicked out of the Navy.

The weight continued to pile on.

My marriage failed and I was alone.

Depression set in and being unemployed for 6 months only drove the knife deeper.

6 years later I finally had a breaking point.

I'll show them all.

It took me a while to formally join the site but I've come to a point where I'm done being that guy. I'm going to be a bodybuilder.

In 2 weeks I've lost 11 pounds and I've begun to see small changes. The momentum is growing, the hunger for change is getting stronger. I look to all of you as inspiration. I want bodybuilding.com to take notice.

You have another beast in the making.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

NarraClamborg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I am Narra and I am a fat kid which is 17 y.o, 140 kg(308 lbs) and 50% BF. Came here to make a transformation, hopefully, I will be successful. Let's go!

GoldenZenith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hello

hi I found myself on the site because I was trying to look up body fat percentage for things I thought what the hell might as well join right

💯30 and i have decided i will go for abs by xmas maybe2017

started my journey feb3rd 2017
    and am now @ 17.7bf and have lost 74lbs at my worst i was 237lbs as of today i have maintained 167/169lbs for the last month witch has not always been easy my goal is no longer to lose weight but to tone my abs

I never starved myself either I did a complete change in my entire diet and workout routine I gave myself zero cheat days but I did allow myself to over eat at times good and healthy food

recently i am able to do sit-ups like nothing it's sweltering heat where i live so working out is more of a struggle at times recently i dislike the gym i would rather be outside

i am finnally able to see the sides of my abdomen but still have a nice size gutt

i have always been strong in my own eyes

my goals are
    arms
    abs
    defined glutinous maximus but i'll worry about that one later

veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey! My name's Veronika, I am going into my senior year of college studying exercise science and community health. After undergrad I'd like to go to school to be a physician assistant but I'm also interested in getting a personal training cert just for the heck of it. I work at my school's gym during the semester and a local gym during breaks from school. Love lifting and interested in getting into competition prep.

Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi V,

Congrats on your journey and I think getting your personal training Cert would be smart. You could do side work and meet great people. Best of luck and keep striving to be your best..

Originally Posted by veronikafit View Post
    Hey! My name's Veronika, I am going into my senior year of college studying exercise science and community health. After undergrad I'd like to go to school to be a physician assistant but I'm also interested in getting a personal training cert just for the heck of it. I work at my school's gym during the semester and a local gym during breaks from school. Love lifting and interested in getting into competition prep.

veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) veronikafit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Superbod View Post
    Hi V,

Congrats on your journey and I think getting your personal training Cert would be smart. You could do side work and meet great people. Best of luck and keep striving to be your best..

Hi Superbod,

Thank you, best of luck to you as well! :-)
    My progress journal
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174348471

Mappew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, all!

I'm a total fitness newb.

I bike to work when the weather is nice. I go for runs every now and then. I have a Fitbit and use the Fitstar app to work out, but I only do it a few times a week. I try to eat healthy, and I really enjoy cooking (to me, prepping meals is fun).

I want to improve my health and strength, but I'm not willing to go crazy with it and try to get to a competitive level. I'm currently 5' 9", 155 lbs., and about 16% body fat (according to my Fitbit Aria scale). I'd like to drop that percentage while boosting my strength. I'd like to see if I can hit 12%.

I'd really appreciate any advice about where to start. Oh, I'm also possibly getting a home gym from a friend (she moved into a house with one and doesn't want it). I'll post more once I check it out, but for now, I've only got a pull-up bar in my doorway and light (12lbs) hand weights.

Thanks and good luck, everyone!

edit: I'm mostly interested on working my upper body, focusing on my core, arms, and chest. My legs have always been pretty strong, and while I don't ignore them, I'm more interested on getting my upper half more fit.

AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Amanda I am 23 years old and started my fitness journey seriously at the beginning of this year. I've been a "fad" fitness-er off and on for a few years now but finally found my passion in the powerlifting, strongman, and bodybuilding movements. My husband and I have our own garage gym and we have a large assortment of equipment which eliminates any excuse not to get a great workout in! We both are very active on social media where we post videos of our workouts and other misc things if you want to check us out:
    Instagram: MrsNarc1911 and Narc1911
    ********: Anchora Salutis Training
    Youtube: Anchora Salutis Training
    Attached Images

pdhj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Phillip I am 22 years old. I started my fitness journey 2 years ago and I want to continue one step at a time.
    I've reached my first goal of losing the initial 30lbs and want to continue to my next goal of 40lbs in 6-8 months. Currently I've been working out at my schools gym and at home and I've recently started walking at least 1 mile a day.

I appreciate any advice you guys are willing to give out and good luck to everyone else on your fitness goals!

bokentoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Nick and I'm 33. I got into weight training when i was 20 but never stuck with it longer than a few months at a time. I would lose some weight and gain muscle and then something would demotivate me and i would stop altogether. This would continue for years. Before injuring myself i used to be a very active guy and loved playing soccer. So i would train pre-season to get into shape to be faster and stronger for the upcoming season until injury stopped all that.

I started my current diet (called the FODMAP diet for people suffering from IBS) to promote a healthy gut as i had been suffering from problems for several years. I also have food allergies to pine nuts, eggs and milk products.

At my heaviest i was 225lbs and 33% body fat (6'3" tall). I started my diet 11 weeks ago and working out with a personal trainer for 9 weeks now. In that time i have dropped over 50lbs of fat, gained about 25lbs of muscle and and now weigh in at 200lbs and 15% body fat.

My target is to just keep going with the diet and the exercise and see where it takes me. A flat stomach would be nice and to get rid of the love handles i still have and every time i get to looking better the desire changes so i could probably see myself wanting a six pack before long. This would be the only time i ever see myself striving for it so might as well try my hardest to do it.

Sadly i'm sure i just need to keep going and maybe by Christmas i'll get to the flat stomach/six pack i want. Once i have achieved that i'll think about the next stage of the transformation.

rroyNEW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hi guys

Hello Everyone,am Sagnik,20,started off as a bit fatty guy,been lifting for over 8 months as of now,am 168cm and weight is about 140lbs,now reached a plateau it seems,anyway,the plan is now i am trying to bulk up some more muscle mass before i cut.
    Attached Images

HealthyRealist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone,

My name is Stephen and I'm 29. I started lifting weights in high school when I was about 16 and have been a devout strength and fitness enthusiast ever since then.

I continued lifting weights up until about age 26 and had some great results to show for it (most of my compound lift maxes were in the "Advanced" range), but I've since then shifted my entire workout routine over to strength-based calisthenics and am more happy with my current results. I doubt that's a popular sentiment here, but I really don't think most people understand just how incredibly effective and beneficial bodyweight exercises can be for both layman and athlete alike.

I also practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and am generally interested in most things health and fitness. I run a blog where I share my acquired knowledge over the years on such topics.

I'm always interested in both spreading my messages and learning more, so that's why I joined this forum.
    www.thehealthrealist.com

IOFn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey,

My name is Alex, I'm a 21 year old computer science nerd. I am 181cm, 80kg, and firstly looking to loose some weight (ideally down to 72 - 73 kg) and maintaining that. I will probably start building muscle after and hopefully start developing a pretty toned body vs. whatever you guys would call my body type right now.

I joined this community for tips, to stay motivated, to find a community that will encourage me to get into a more fitness oriented mindset.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the discussions to come.

briansiemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello been sifting through these forums for awhile and figured i should just join.

Im 41 widower father of twins who are 5

I have worked out off and on for ever it seems with a few healthy stints of a couple years consistent.

Gained alot of weight after marriage even more after my wife died. March 2016 i decided to join a gym and get my self back. Started at 330lbs roughly dialed in my diet and have been consistently lifting for almost a year and a half now. I have lost around 117lbs to date while retaining alot of my muscle mass which has been nice.

Goal is to have abs and stay fit and healthy the rest of my life for my self and my girls.

I think the main reason i wanted to join was encouragement and a large knowledge base. Takes alot out of a person to be consistently dieting and breaking plateaus.

I would eat more protein and go heavier reps..

Originally Posted by rroyNEW View Post
    Hello Everyone,am Sagnik,20,started off as a bit fatty guy,been lifting for over 8 months as of now,am 168cm and weight is about 140lbs,now reached a plateau it seems,anyway,the plan is now i am trying to bulk up some more muscle mass before i cut.

Your dedication shows.... Best of luck on hitting your goals for 2017..

Originally Posted by AmandaLaughlin View Post
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Amanda I am 23 years old and started my fitness journey seriously at the beginning of this year. I've been a "fad" fitness-er off and on for a few years now but finally found my passion in the powerlifting, strongman, and bodybuilding movements. My husband and I have our own garage gym and we have a large assortment of equipment which eliminates any excuse not to get a great workout in! We both are very active on social media where we post videos of our workouts and other misc things if you want to check us out:
    Instagram: MrsNarc1911 and Narc1911
    ********: Anchora Salutis Training
    Youtube: Anchora Salutis Training

JCrowe66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Joining for first time after using the site many times to look up information.

I'm a 27 year old artist. Currently I'm 5'10/178cm and 135lbs/61kg - always been very underweight - was under 120lbs when I was 17.

It's really past time that I got into shape - I know it will benefit many areas of my life. I've been working out on and off for past year or so, but my eating has been really inconsistent. Time to get those calories in and pack on the lbs. Honestly, getting myself to eat enough and work out feels like a drag sometimes - boring, a lot of effort. But I'm more bored of not being in shape. I'm finally determined, than just motivated.

I'm aiming to reach 154lb/70kg, by Christmas. That's almost 2kg a month, which is probably a stretch, but with newbie gains hopefully I'll make it. I need to hit around 3300kcal a day. I'm thinking joining here will help me keep myself accountable so I reach my calorie goals.

Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Theynmn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, all - new member here. Came to bodybuilding to distract myself from old things with new things. My end goal (I'm around 6 foot tall, 160 or so pounds) is a weight near 200 with very low bodyfat, so I'm going to be predominately bulking. Looking forward to being apart of this community!

Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Asian female who likes to lift

Hi my name is Madeline and I'm 30 this year. I'm Asian, chinese in fact and I rarely see asian ladies lift but for me I really enjoy lifting. I now lift about 3 times a week and do muay thai boxing 3 times.

I started out at 50kg and am now 45kg. I'm only 1.49m I have been lifting for over a year I can deadlift 59kg, squat 55kg, bench and OHP at 32.5kg. Still working towards faster improvements in benching and OHP.

BigRigg75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

30 years old and desperate for help

Hi name is Rigo and from SF bay area and im on looking for help. Im 30 years and im the heaviest I ever been in my life. I weigh 380 pounds and im 6'4. 4 years ago i weighed 289 after a 60 day juice fast but i quickly gained the weight back. I need help and I guess im going out in limb posting on this forum but I guess you gotta start somewhere. I am 100 percent dedicated to losing this weight and keeping it off but like i said before i need someones help. I have been in the same relationship for the last 2 and half years and i know shes the one. Im going to ask her to marry me pretty and I dont wanna be fat on my potential wedding day, some day i wanna have kids (might be expecting one sonner then later tho) and I wanna have healthy life for my child, I want to play with my kid, I dont want to be tired because im carrying 380 pounds of weight. I don't have much to offer $$ wise because all this planning for stuff, saving for ring, trying to climb my self out of debt leaves me with not much to spend, but im sure we can work something out. Im looking for a coach, trainer, or mentor someone who can guid me with my workouts and also help make proper food choices. Hopefully someone reads this and can help me. You can email me directly at rmelara75@gmail.com. Crossing my fingers here.

Hi Maddy,

If your going for lifts as you know, do heavy low rep weight lifting for strength and eat that protein. Congrats on your passion.

Originally Posted by Maddymadeline View Post
    Hi my name is Madeline and I'm 30 this year. I'm Asian, chinese in fact and I rarely see asian ladies lift but for me I really enjoy lifting. I now lift about 3 times a week and do muay thai boxing 3 times.

I started out at 50kg and am now 45kg. I'm only 1.49m I have been lifting for over a year I can deadlift 59kg, squat 55kg, bench and OHP at 32.5kg. Still working towards faster improvements in benching and OHP.

Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maddymadeline will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Superbod View Post
    Hi Maddy,

If your going for lifts as you know, do heavy low rep weight lifting for strength and eat that protein. Congrats on your passion.

Thank you!! Have been trying but 3-4 sets is the best I could push with about 1-3 reps on a new weight.

Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nun13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey ya'll! Adrienne, 27, lion tamer, kidding, stay at home mom. Been on here for a while, but not consistently. Ready to change that and get serious. Started at the gym about 1-2 months ago, still trying to figure out diet and routine. Plan to compete one day.
    IG @theadriennenunez

Originally Posted by Maddymadeline View Post
    Thank you!! Have been trying but 3-4 sets is the best I could push with about 1-3 reps on a new weight.
    Having a spotter and getting that extra rep you can not do on your own will get you strength.. Also who ya think looks best in this lineup?
    Attached Images

Antheay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hello

I have been searching for a group of Christian bodybuilders to just talk with about about this journey and ask questions. I was very ill and almost passed away 6 years ago with a rare health issue. It made my muscles weak. So I decided upon getting better that I wanted to enjoy my remaining life and started lifting 2 years ago. (I am now 52 years old.) I had always wanted to compete, since I was 23 years old. At 50 many people didn't take and some still don't take me seriously, etc. Christians told me that I would become vain and self centered, etc, etc. So, I of course lift anyway! LOL The Lord saved my life 6 years ago and I praise him in my heart every time I go to the gym. My muscles are stronger and my attitude is always more positive after lifting. It is a gift to be able to walk, even with a limp. It is a gift to be able to do anything! I am so Grateful.

But, there seems to be so much information out there, I get a little lost in it all. Especially diet, as I have food allergies. Anyone know good sites to check out for weightlifting with food allergies? Hopefully it is okay to ask this question in my introduction. Just so excited to find this group!

Ann
    P.S. Sorry no pictures yet. Looking a lot better, but, very camera shy still.

taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) taemokokey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello!

Newbie here. I'm 36 years old and a massive 200lbs. Got a very wek arms due to Hypokalemia as well but taking potassium supliments. Now I'm trying to strengthen my body particularly my arms and legs. I hope its not to late already due to my age.

No picture needed. I'm ugly.

BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BbyGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Hi everyone! I'm lola. I used to lift consistently for like 2-3 years starting at 19, stopped for about a year or so, I'm back into it now after focusing on body weight exercises (I'm a taekwondo instructor so I mainly did taekwondo stuff).
    I'm basically a t-Rex (Lil baby arms and decent legs...I got the booty tho) so I really wanna build muscle in my upper body while maintaining and building my legs and core. I have pics in my profile. I'm lazy & at work right now so I can't link any but I'm really looking forward to this site helping me stay accountable haha. I'm trying to lift 4-6 days a week.

muscle_dentist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Greetings,

I'm a 31 yo male who has been in and out of the gym all his adult life.
    Recently, I've taken a break from my career in California to spend time with family and friends. I'm aiming to loose fat and gain muscle. Overall strength that is enough for self defence and easy on the eyes.

This needs to be done right for personal reasons.

Goals are a bigger wider chest, stronger arms and a thicker neck. Strong wheels don't hurt either.

Hope to see you all around these forums.

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast